Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:58:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:24:16 PM

If a block rewards 1.05 DMD and 0.05 goes to devs, how can there be less than # Blocks DMD in circulation Huh

1.05 * 450877 = 473420.85 DMD Huh

A difference of 36050.129636 DMD Huh  Where is it? LOL

a mix of low ammount pos reward blocks and broken pos rewards (0dmd reward) from stone age of coin

long before we took over development

moneysupply is all existing coins

and ur math is wrong in another way too beside forgetting POS blocks in the past
the 0.05 for foundation only in effect from start of groestl mining

how can there be less than # Blocks DMD in circulation Huh I don't see how POS even if broken could make total DMD less than total blocks.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:24:26 PM

The full error message:

diamondd: kernel.cpp:412: unsigned int GetStakeModifierChecksum(const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)' failed.

Happened again today when I stopped and restarted the wallet daemon.

This is a known corruption of the block index database, for which we have not yet found a solution. The easiest way to fix it is to load the blocks from the block chain you already have, effectively rebuilding the index. You can do this by removing blkindex.dat first and then running

diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat

This will go like downloading the block chain from the network, only much faster and will result in clean block index.
One way to avoid this situation happening is to wait a bit more when stopping the wallet, before starting it again. Unfortunately, there is no indication when it actually stops running.

we need gather stuff like that on a FAQ page
i will add on second post in thread

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

If a block rewards 1.05 DMD and 0.05 goes to devs, how can there be less than # Blocks DMD in circulation Huh

1.05 * 450877 = 473420.85 DMD Huh

A difference of 36050.129636 DMD Huh  Where is it? LOL

a mix of low ammount pos reward blocks and broken pos rewards (0dmd reward) from stone age of coin

long before we took over development

moneysupply is all existing coins

and ur math is wrong in another way too beside forgetting POS blocks in the past
the 0.05 for foundation only in effect from start of groestl mining

how can there be less than # Blocks DMD in circulation Huh

read my answer a second and a third time......

POS blocks which only contain small pos rewards and in a timer frame in the past POS was so bugged that it created only 0 DMD rewards
(there is a reason why diamond pos was turned off so long because it was broken and our new team finally not only repaired but also improved it)

how can 5x1 be less than 5
i cant

but 1+1+0.0023+0+1 is 5 blocks with with one low pos rewards block and one broken pos reward block
and such 5 blocks together contain less than 5 dmd

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:37:26 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 08:51:31 PM by danbi

The full error message:

diamondd: kernel.cpp:412: unsigned int GetStakeModifierChecksum(const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)' failed.

One idea how to fix it: since it happens more frequently with your installation (perhaps because it's slower to stop), could you please try adding this to CFLAGS:

-fsanitize=thread -pie -fPIC

This, after recreating blkindex.dat (and saving a copy of the whole dir just in case) Smiley

My theory here is that threads are destroyed asynchronously and the locking thread exits before the block index writer actually exists. A dirty fix, but might work.

Note, might not work on older gcc versions. Hope, we will know more from this tool.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:08:27 PM

The full error message:

One idea how to fix it: since it happens more frequently with your installation (perhaps because it's slower to stop), could you please try adding this to CFLAGS:

-fsanitize=thread -pie -fPIC

This, after recreating blkindex.dat (and saving a copy of the whole dir just in case) Smiley

My theory here is that threads are destroyed asynchronously and the locking thread exits before the block index writer actually exists. A dirty fix, but might work.

Note, might not work on older gcc versions. Hope, we will know more from this tool.

I will try this tomorrow, thanks.
"restart too early" can't be the cause in my case, because the wallet has been stopped for about one hour.
Meanwhile it's slowly syncing, it will probably need at least the whole night. Developing on such a slow device can be painful :-)

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:06:05 PM

Ok - I switched to the stratum server and all seems to be working fine on ccminer 1.2 - I will let you know if anything goes on there but so far so good.  Thank you kindly.

what hashrate u get?
most of all im interested in any gtx750ti groestl algo ratings with newest ccminer

maybe i exchange my 6x amd280 against 6x gtx750ti

to get some spare PSU wattage powering my asics (to be my own multipool with dmd payout Smiley )

Prior to this latest ccminer 1.1 update I was only getting 2mh per card.  Now I am getting 7mh per card.  What an amazing increase.  I use approximately 70-80 watts total per card.

polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:32:53 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 03:10:59 AM by polanskiman

Since admins don't seem very interested in the MAC wallet I compiled, I am posting it here for those who wish to test it. It is working for me on 10.9.2. Should normally work on 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.

It seems to be synchronizing fine with me.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XAQ3yR4R!PQPUC8ryHXZOHaePjIRFSNb97OpXp8eSgUPAAr71WV4

If you have any pbs, shoot me a PM.

Your contribution has not been ignored. I spent the last few days modifying the Diamond code to build and run properly on OS X Mavericks. Some of your changes were superfluous (which is understandable, if you are not using an IDE and multi-stage "distillation" of code for publication -- we often leave cruft from experiments that "does not hurt"). With your changes however, Diamond does not build on a clean Maverick + Qt + MacPorts setup. Which is our goal, as the future builders better not carry baggage from past development environments). All this requires a lot more time, but will eventually pay off in better code quality over time.

I have built an OS X Mavericks binary, using such an clean environment and the code fixes are pushed to https://github.com/danbi/Diamond. Once we are happy with it, the official repository will be updated.

Since my binary is built using the "official" methods (of Apple, Qt), I am interested in testers to see if it would run on operating systems pre-Mavericks.
The binary is available at http://ftp://diamond.danbo.bg/pub/diamond-qt-test2.0.2.1.dmg

That means that the Diamond source code on github is not up to date then?

I simply built the MAC wallet because there was no updated MAC client available yet and since 2.0.2.1 was said to be a compulsory update (if I read well somewhere) I didn't wait for things to happen. I also had a quiet weekend and nothing much to do. I had no pretension of making an art piece. I simply took the official Diamond source code from githug and compiled it while fixing a few warnings during compilation. I posted here saying I had compiled a MAC wallet but had no answer, thus I posted what I had done today.

I will pull down the app as obviously it's not up to standards.

The Diamond source code on github is obviously up to date. It is the only official source.

I have no idea if your build has any problems -- most likely it does not. My comment was on the github pull request you submitted -- for example, there are two additional files you created, that are not used anywhere.

Anyway, your compiled application is likely to work on older OS X versions as well. Mine might not run at all on older OS X -- we will know this when it's tested.

Because both are based on the same source, they should both work the same way.

Huh The github pull request I submited? Files that I created? Are you sure you are talking to the right person here? I did not submit anything anywhere... However most of the code update you posted a few hours ago (just after I posted the MAC client) in your fork of Diamond are actually those I had to implement myself in order to compile properly Diamond on Mavericks... I am now understanding your previous comment and the fact that you are confused. In fact I believe that none of the changes I did to the code by myself are in fact "superfluous". I spend nearly 3 days every evening going through Diamond partially deprecated code some of which (the common parts) has been updated by many other coins long ago. Now, I wish I had forked the project on github earlier in order to the get proper recognition!

I am reactivating the link I posted earlier of the MAC client I posted just in case anyone is interested to test it: https://mega.co.nz/#!XAQ3yR4R!PQPUC8ryHXZOHaePjIRFSNb97OpXp8eSgUPAAr71WV4
danbi

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:59:21 AM

Since admins don't seem very interested in the MAC wallet I compiled, I am posting it here for those who wish to test it. It is working for me on 10.9.2. Should normally work on 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.

It seems to be synchronizing fine with me.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XAQ3yR4R!PQPUC8ryHXZOHaePjIRFSNb97OpXp8eSgUPAAr71WV4

If you have any pbs, shoot me a PM.

Your contribution has not been ignored. I spent the last few days modifying the Diamond code to build and run properly on OS X Mavericks. Some of your changes were superfluous (which is understandable, if you are not using an IDE and multi-stage "distillation" of code for publication -- we often leave cruft from experiments that "does not hurt"). With your changes however, Diamond does not build on a clean Maverick + Qt + MacPorts setup. Which is our goal, as the future builders better not carry baggage from past development environments). All this requires a lot more time, but will eventually pay off in better code quality over time.

I have built an OS X Mavericks binary, using such an clean environment and the code fixes are pushed to https://github.com/danbi/Diamond. Once we are happy with it, the official repository will be updated.

Since my binary is built using the "official" methods (of Apple, Qt), I am interested in testers to see if it would run on operating systems pre-Mavericks.
The binary is available at http://ftp://diamond.danbo.bg/pub/diamond-qt-test2.0.2.1.dmg

That means that the Diamond source code on github is not up to date then?

I simply built the MAC wallet because there was no updated MAC client available yet and since 2.0.2.1 was said to be a compulsory update (if I read well somewhere) I didn't wait for things to happen. I also had a quiet weekend and nothing much to do. I had no pretension of making an art piece. I simply took the official Diamond source code from githug and compiled it while fixing a few warnings during compilation. I posted here saying I had compiled a MAC wallet but had no answer, thus I posted what I had done today.

I will pull down the app as obviously it's not up to standards.

The Diamond source code on github is obviously up to date. It is the only official source.

I have no idea if your build has any problems -- most likely it does not. My comment was on the github pull request you submitted -- for example, there are two additional files you created, that are not used anywhere.

Anyway, your compiled application is likely to work on older OS X versions as well. Mine might not run at all on older OS X -- we will know this when it's tested.

Because both are based on the same source, they should both work the same way.

Huh The github pull request I submited? Files that I created? Are you sure you are talking to the right person here? I did not submit anything anywhere... However most of the code update you posted a few hours ago (just after I posted the MAC client) in your fork of Diamond are actually those I had to implement myself in order to compile properly Diamond on Mavericks... I am now understanding your previous comment and the fact that you are confused. In fact I believe that none of the changes I did to the code by myself are in fact "superfluous". I spend nearly 3 days every evening going through Diamond partially deprecated code some of which (the common parts) has been updated by many other coins long ago. Now, I wish I had forked the project on github earlier in order to the get proper recognition!

I am reactivating the link I posted earlier of the MAC client I posted just in case anyone is interested to test it: https://mega.co.nz/#!XAQ3yR4R!PQPUC8ryHXZOHaePjIRFSNb97OpXp8eSgUPAAr71WV4

First, I apologize for confusing you with someone else. This was not intended and of course my comments about your code were misdirected. I have no idea what code you used, as it is not published. Maybe, you improved things in the code that I didn't see yet.

The changes of bitcoin code to compile on OS X is well documented and public knowledge. Diamond is using the same code base + few modifications and therefore "suffers" from the same fixes. It is also using an "obsolete" code base, although this is not a problem in most areas -- because newer code is not always better -- and because we do not seek the same functionality. But that is irrelevant to porting Diamond to different platforms.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:41:46 AM

This is a known corruption of the block index database, for which we have not yet found a solution. The easiest way to fix it is to load the blocks from the block chain you already have, effectively rebuilding the index. You can do this by removing blkindex.dat first and then running

This will go like downloading the block chain from the network, only much faster and will result in clean block index.

For some reason, on my qnap, using this method is slower than redownloading the blockchain from scratch: after a night of indexing, it is still at block 95000.
Now I'll restart with the blockchain from the OP and reconpile with the suggested flags, and report back.

polanskiman

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:55:27 AM

First, I apologize for confusing you with someone else. This was not intended and of course my comments about your code were misdirected. I have no idea what code you used, as it is not published. Maybe, you improved things in the code that I didn't see yet.

The changes of bitcoin code to compile on OS X is well documented and public knowledge. Diamond is using the same code base + few modifications and therefore "suffers" from the same fixes. It is also using an "obsolete" code base, although this is not a problem in most areas -- because newer code is not always better -- and because we do not seek the same functionality. But that is irrelevant to porting Diamond to different platforms.

Apologies accepted.

Anything I can do to help any further?
danbi

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:00:53 AM

Quick and dirty block crawler has been implemented for Diamond, at http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/. It is based on the Block Crawler code by CallMeJake at https://github.com/CallMeJake/BlockCrawler (if anyone wants their own copy). This is sufficient for viewing the blockchain without resorting to "manual" RPC commands.
A proper block chain explorer is in the works.

PS: I am aware it does not display network hash rate properly. This is being worked on as well.

danbi

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:02:39 AM

Apologies accepted.

Maybe, publish what you changed in the code to make it compile under OS X so that it is not wasted effort and gets incorporated in the official Diamond code.

polanskiman

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:07:53 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 08:36:57 AM by polanskiman

Apologies accepted.

Maybe, publish what you changed in the code to make it compile under OS X so that it is not wasted effort and gets incorporated in the official Diamond code.

Ok. I will fork the official Diamond code and make the changes from there so you can see. It should be available today for you (I assume you are in the USA). I am in Thailand.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 08:56:28 AM

Ok. I will fork the official Diamond code and make the changes from there so you can see. It should be available today for you (I assume you are in the USA). I am in Thailand.

most of diamond team is europe based

polanskiman

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:42:15 AM

most of diamond team is europe based

Even better then!
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 10:59:35 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 11:45:30 AM by cryptonit

whats going on this days while everyone wait for total coins 450000 and his POS rewards incoming......

we working on website (for now only placeholder page with download area active)
we working on block explorer (danbi already released a temporary simple explorer under http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/ a better one will follow)
we working on our chinese invasion plans (D-Day (Diamond-Day))
we explore and evaluate business opportunities (in talk with some possible interesting projects)
we prepare promotion and marketing activities
we plan future features and wallet improvements (coin control, wallet UI redesign, preparation for merged mining support)
we try to find some days to relax to make sure our batteries never run low (thats the most difficult to achieve goal we all in work fever)
we need to be operational the next few years to support this long-term success-story and we willing to do so

you can help us achieve all that by keep supporting our coin
the most easy way to support and to profit yourself is buy and hold diamond
once again i have to reminder that when total coins 1000000 is reached
POW rewards are reduced a lot and wont be a way to get hand on cheap diamonds any longer

the only reason why diamond have that long mining phase  
is that we want to give as many people the chance to mine or buy diamonds at a reasonable price
its not a find out about diamond in the first week or its to late to join in
everyone had and still have a change to enter the train

now is a pretty good moment to buy in because some of the miners are insta-selling
without realize how cheap they give away the diamonds

coin max is 4.3 minnilon BUT it will need 30 years to reach that
in 4 years we estimate total existing diamonds are 2.5 million and roll-out of future diamonds will happen much slower

remind the coin rollout:
VISUALIZATION OF DIAMOND ROLL-OUT PLAN
(TOTAL COINS AND POW/POS COINS PER MONTH)

RED LINE = new coins each month produced by POW (numbers on right side)
GREEN LINE = new coins produced each month by POS (numbers on right side)
TOTAL COINS (numbers on left side)
numbers on bottom of graphic are the months (the graphic represent a 30 year timeline)

i think for now market price is driven by insta-selling miners
daily *1500 diamonds have to be bought if people would sell instant

but keep a closer eye on coin specs and check how coin roll-out will develop over next 30 years

beginning with total coins 450000 a 50% POS will be simultaneous active with the 1 DMD POW reward each block
and start the diamond rush (BLUE CIRCLE) on pic

if u analyze that u can see that this POW mining paradise only last a few months
(to be exact until 1 million total diamond are existing)
later most of coins are produced by POS  (GREEN ARROW) and to do so u need to have diamonds

everyone who sell 1 diamonds instant lose like at least 2 diamonds.....
because every diamond u mine now would at least double if u keep holding and pos it over time

the whole design of diamond is to be a wealth storage coin aimed to be a good investment

i  hope this visualization of coin specs long-term effect of  on coin roll-out
can help u realize how valuable diamonds will be once POW is reduced by 90%
and high POS will be main source of coin creation

that coins are required to create more coins (POS)
will be the reason for lower availability of coins on exchanges and increasing prices
remember only coins in ur wallet gather coin-age and can generate POS rewards

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:00:41 AM

For some reason, on my qnap, using this method is slower than redownloading the blockchain from scratch: after a night of indexing, it is still at block 95000.
Now I'll restart with the blockchain from the OP and reconpile with the suggested flags, and report back.

-fsanitize is not supported by the compiler.
the other two flags are accepted but produce a binary which just segfaults when started.

gcc -v:

Target: arm-none-linux-gnueabi
Configured with: ../gcc-4.2/configure --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/opt --disable-nls --disable-static --with-as=/home/slug/optware/cs08q1armel/toolchain/arm-2008q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as --with-ld=/home/slug/optware/cs08q1armel/toolchain/arm-2008q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-multilib --enable-threads --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libgomp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-shared --enable-symvers=gnu --enable-__cxa_atexit
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.3

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:08:29 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 12:20:22 PM by shveicar

whats going on this days while everyone wait for total coins 450000 and his POS rewards incoming......

we working on website (for now only placeholder page with download area active)
we working on block explorer (danbi already released a temporary simple explorer under http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/ a better one will follow)
we working on our chinese invasion plans (D-Day (Diamond-Day))
we explore and evaluate business opportunities (in talk with some possible interesting projects)
we prepare promotion and marketing activities
we plan future features and wallet improvements (coin control, wallet UI redesign, preparation for merged mining support)
we try to find some days to relax to make sure our batteries never run low (thats the most difficult to achieve goal we all in work fever)
we need to be operational the next few years to support this long-term success-story and we willing to do so

you can help us achieve all that by keep supporting our coin
the most easy way to support and to profit yourself is buy and hold diamond
once again i have to reminder that when total coins 1000000 is reached
POW rewards are reduced a lot and wont be a way to get hand on cheap diamonds any longer

the only reason why diamond have that long mining phase 
is that we want to give as many people the chance to mine or buy diamonds at a reasonable price
its not a find out about diamond in the first week or its to late to join in
everyone had and still have a change to enter the train

now is a pretty good moment to buy in because some of the miners are insta-selling
without realize how cheap they give away the diamonds

coin max is 4.3 minnilon BUT it will need 30 years to reach that
in 4 years we estimate total existing diamonds are 2.5 million and roll-out of future diamonds will happen much slower

Many miners, now sell coins cheap because not feel confidence in the future. Now on the market crypto currency, new coins every day breed like rabbits. Most of them are created collectives, for rapid earnings. Many people lose faith in the future of alternative crypto coins. You will require a lot of effort that would prove to future investors - the seriousness and reliability of their long-term investment.
After all the technical updates will be completed, you will need a strong advertising campaign. Diamond should be quadrupeds worldwide, and used to pay for the luxury goods, only then DMD will be a great future.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 12:18:35 PM

Many miners, now sell coins cheap because not feel confidence in the future. Now on the market crypto currency, new coins every day breed like rabbits. Most of them are created collectives, for rapid earnings. Many people lose faith in the future of alternative crypto coins. You will require a lot of effort that would prove to future investors - the seriousness and reliability of their long-term investment.

i full agree

coins born lived and died in a time frame that's way below the age of diamond

this is our opportunity
we soon have birthday
something lot of the one day fly coins will never see (at least not in a state with active development)

once people wasted enough money on short-term coins
they will return to solid longtime concepts like diamond

i suggest dont to waste money for that learning lesson and instead go with diamond from beginning as a major share in your coin portfolio

sure spread the risc is professional i myself also own lot other coins
but my biggest share and hope is diamond because this is the coin where i can influence success
and that is the reason i trust in it

i trust in

Alex (popshot)
Daniel (danbi)
Helmut (cryptonit)

the core of diamond foundation team

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 12:24:51 PM

good news more performance for nvidia miners

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: