Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:08:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:05:19 AM

What about global promo where you print off an A4 size Verilogo sticker and send in your pic taken with it from a famous place or hard to accomplish feat somewhere  in the world.
Have monthly winners that are published on the main site. Possibly restaurant tickets and Veri for the prize.

I like this idea a lot. It wouldn't cost a lot to run this and it would be a great way to involve the community.
Things like this are great, and the rewards would go directly back to the VeriCoin community.

Other people's opinions / Ideas?

veri good idea.

nice..i like this.. kind of selling the vericoin lifestyle/anywhere; like go pro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:05:38 AM

i have been there.. i am a big fan of this coin and hold some. if not for the fundamentals and devs i almost wanted to sell all because the community is not very friendly. irc is not moderated at times and people are rude, even to fellow vericoin members. sometimes, people can be loyal to a coin because of the community, so everyone, we have the same goal. let us try to tone it down a bit and be mindful.

my 2 cents

Actually I have no problem with socal at all, he is always helpful, not too mention the devs, they are absolute great, but I would completely agree with you that there are a few arrogant and assertive on the IRC channel. Most of the community members on IRC are very nice, helpful and supportive, but there are 2-3, unfortunately the most active are really arrogant assholes. If someone opinion's is different what those people believe the right opinion is then those ppl just simply can't control themselves. It shouldn't be like that.

And that's why it is "moderated" (censored, in fact). They don't like your opinion, they ban you. End of story.

And that's the ONLY reason why VRC is not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR.

Those 2-3 elitist, arrogant makes the IRC channel a very unproductive place. No wonder 80-100 ppl logged in and only a very few communicate there. Those very few act like: we know what should be said, done and thought about vericoin so everyone who disagree just need to fuck off. I am not sure some of them just delusional, troll or just really that stupid. For example, one of the most loud and active says with every price swing, ah I made 0.8 BTC on a swing trade, and 5 minutes later he start to educate everyone that nobody should sell VRC because it goes to 100K. It happened at least 3 times in the last few weeks. Now, what potential investors think about such community, when the most active such an idiot. But sorry, I can't say investor, the investor word is also not welcomed there too, the other most active who believes in decentralized currencies, world, masturbation, pregnancy, etc., the guy is so ideological that he doesn't like investors and openly telling them that fuck of. Btw those ppl have been waiting for weeks what some random Chinese/Japanase tweet about some imaginative pump because they so desperate to dump at 50K their world saver VeriCoin. On the other hand investors who could make happen that 50K price aren't welcome here nor at the IRC channel. Actually even the devs say time to time that they are not concerned about investors, for example they said in the hangout that they are not concerned about the price, never mind 5 minutes before that they said they saved the currency with the fork because they were concerned about ppl investment, which two statements are completely contradictory just like I guess the whole direction is not clear lately.

Sorry for the poor English, this is not my firsts language.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:11:30 AM

And that's why it is "moderated" (censored, in fact). They don't like your opinion, they ban you. End of story.

Censored is not the right word to use in this context. People are free to join the channel and say whatever it is they want to get off their chest. I myself was rather vocal in pointing out some of the disadvantages of the blockchain roll back. I didn't get kicked, or banned. People need to learn how to channel a debate, or discussion in an appropriate way. It's those who step over the proverbial line that may find themselves with a kick or ban. Nothing to do with the arguments they present, more to do with how they present them.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Freedom is freedom. Anything else, is just censorship under any other name you choose to assign to it.
If someone "style" is not of your liking, you are always more than free to not engage. There's no such a thing as jungle with air conditioning, sorry.
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

i have been there.. i am a big fan of this coin and hold some. if not for the fundamentals and devs i almost wanted to sell all because the community is not very friendly. irc is not moderated at times and people are rude, even to fellow vericoin members. sometimes, people can be loyal to a coin because of the community, so everyone, we have the same goal. let us try to tone it down a bit and be mindful.

my 2 cents

Actually I have no problem with socal at all, he is always helpful, not too mention the devs, they are absolute great, but I would completely agree with you that there are a few arrogant and assertive on the IRC channel. Most of the community members on IRC are very nice, helpful and supportive, but there are 2-3, unfortunately the most active are really arrogant assholes. If someone opinion's is different what those people believe the right opinion is then those ppl just simply can't control themselves. It shouldn't be like that.

Those 2-3 elitist, arrogant makes the IRC channel a very unproductive place. No wonder 80-100 ppl logged in and only a very few communicate there. Those very few act like: we know what should be said, done and thought about vericoin so everyone who disagree just need to fuck off. I am not sure some of them just delusional, troll or just really that stupid. For example, one of the most loud and active says with every price swing, ah I made 0.8 BTC on a swing trade, and 5 minutes later he start to educate everyone that nobody should sell VRC because it goes to 100K. It happened at least 3 times in the last few weeks. Now, what potential investors think about such community, when the most active such an idiot. But sorry, I can't say investor, the investor word is also not welcomed there too, the other most active who believes in decentralized currencies, world, masturbation, pregnancy, etc., the guy is so ideological that he doesn't like investors and openly telling them that fuck of. Btw those ppl have been waiting for weeks what some random Chinese/Japanase tweet about some imaginative pump because they so desperate to dump at 50K their world saver VeriCoin. On the other hand investors who could make happen that 50K price aren't welcome here nor at the IRC channel. Actually even the devs say time to time that they are not concerned about investors, for example they said in the hangout that they are not concerned about the price, never mind 5 minutes before that they said they saved the currency with the fork because they were concerned about ppl investment, which two statements are completely contradictory just like I guess the whole direction is not clear lately.

Price swing guy is pistdov. He's just a guy. Listen to him or not; it's your choice. There's an ignore function in IRC if you'd rather not. Can't even begin to disect what you wrote about investment attitudes. And suffice to say, it wouldn't be worth my time if I did.

I guess I'm in the "arrogant" group...

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:15:13 AM

my 2 cents

Nothing to be sorry about. I find your post both eloquent and productive. And fair and measure too.

You are wrong about something though: THIS is not a moderated thread and what you post, stays. The IRC, as we are now finding out (those of us who did not know before, like I did), is something else entirely. Unfortunately.
leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:16:16 AM

Censored is not the right word to use in this context. People are free to join the channel and say whatever it is they want to get off their chest. I myself was rather vocal in pointing out some of the disadvantages of the blockchain roll back. I didn't get kicked, or banned. People need to learn how to channel a debate, or discussion in an appropriate way. It's those who step over the proverbial line that may find themselves with a kick or ban. Nothing to do with the arguments they present, more to do with how they present them.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Freedom is freedom. Anything else, is just censorship under any other name you choose to assign to it.
If someone "style" is not of your liking, you are always more than free to not engage. There's no such a thing as jungle with air conditioning, sorry.

I don't disagree with you at all on that one actually. But freedom as we know it, doesn't exist without censorship in one form or another. If someone joined the IRC channel to spout xenophobic, homophobic or racist remarks - I would assume they'd rightly be banned. Of course, freedom of speech suggests they shouldn't. As much as it pains me to admit (and it really does), I believe certain levels of censorship are necessary in a moderately civilised society.

I'm so shit at being libertarian sometimes.

CodeHunter

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

If he actually lives in SoCal... everyone and their grandma uses e-cigs there.

Nothing wrong with using e-cigs. Implying however, that he was engaging in recreational drug use during a VeriCoin hangout based purely off the fact he was puffing on an ecig - is absent minded.

It wasn't an e-cig, it was a vaporizer and he laughed when he snuk in a puff.

But socal private messaged me and told me it was nicotine. So I guess he really needs his hit during the hangout, like an addict, he just really needs it as soon as possible.

Even smokers of cigarettes give it a break when they're doing a public discussion on financial matters.

Perception is reality, which is why I'm not the only one who thought it was cannabis.

Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

Everyone is entitled to speak what they want. and in an ungoverned territory like an IRC channel). but thats a place to get the word out and spread veri.   onward upward!

Get off this child/adult forum if you cant take the fact people smoke stuff. And i being same as Socal am trying to give up smoking am using the same model vape as him.. got a problem? go do research . not rocket science either. and yes i never smoked any drugs get with the times.   http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/20452/1/electronic-spliff-launches-netherlands

leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:23:08 AM

If he actually lives in SoCal... everyone and their grandma uses e-cigs there.

Nothing wrong with using e-cigs. Implying however, that he was engaging in recreational drug use during a VeriCoin hangout based purely off the fact he was puffing on an ecig - is absent minded.

It wasn't an e-cig, it was a vaporizer and he laughed when he snuk in a puff.

But socal private messaged me and told me it was nicotine. So I guess he really needs his hit during the hangout, like an addict, he just really needs it as soon as possible.

Even smokers of cigarettes give it a break when they're doing a public discussion on financial matters.

Perception is reality, which is why I'm not the only one who thought it was cannabis.

Let's be frank; he didn't chain-smoke 20 mayfair superkings at a board meeting. It was a google hangout discussing the milestones of a cryptocurrency project. Perhaps you also assumed moolah was smoking heroin during his video...

Talk about blowing things out of proportion  Roll Eyes

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:26:55 AM

I don't disagree with you at all on that one actually. But freedom as we know it, doesn't exist without censorship in one form or another. If someone joined the IRC channel to spout xenophobic, homophobic or racist remarks - I would assume they'd rightly be banned. Of course, freedom of speech suggests they shouldn't. As much as it pains me to admit (and it really does), I believe certain levels of censorship are necessary in a moderately civilised society.

Again, we are going to disagree on that one too. Those offended should hit the "ignore" button and ceased to be offended instantly... without hindering the freedom of communication, in whatever terms they choose, of the rest. On IRC or anywhere else (there are legal limitations in the real world and even on the internet depending on the country you live in and the resources you are willing to spend in getting the matter shorted out, but that's the limit and should be the ONLY LIMIT). Those who cannot stand the heat should simply get away from the kitchen.

If someone wants to make xenophobic, homophobic or racist remarks... or any other type of remarks, they have the right to do so. The rest have the ability to actually come back to him/her in whatever terms they consider appropriate or, the wiser ones, to ignore them altogether. That's how freedom works, not in ANY other way.
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:27:43 AM

I said "I have nothing against cannabis". But I'm not the only one who thought it was cannabis. Not everyone lives in socal. There's a whole world out there, and some of these rich investors might think the same thing that I did and others did aswell, and these rich investors might not be as liberal in their beliefs as me.

leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:30:53 AM

I said "I have nothing against cannabis". But I'm not the only one who thought it was cannabis. Not everyone lives in socal. There's a whole world out there of investors who will think the same thing that I did and others, but they might not be as liberal in their beliefs as me.

I don't happen to live in SoCal either (I'm guessing this means Southern California?), however if your first assumption to someone smoking something is that it's an illegal drug then you should lay off the mary-j - it's making you paranoid  Roll Eyes

leckey

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:32:23 AM

Again, we are going to disagree on that one too. Those offended should hit the "ignore" button and ceased to be offended instantly... without hindering the freedom of communication, in whatever terms they choose, of the rest. On IRC or anywhere else (there are legal limitations in the real world and even on the internet depending on the country you live in and the resources you are willing to spend in getting the matter shorted out, but that's the limit and should be the ONLY LIMIT). Those who cannot stand the heat should simply get away from the kitchen.

If someone wants to make xenophobic, homophobic or racist remarks... or any other type of remarks, they have the right to do so. The rest have the ability to actually come back to him/her in whatever terms they consider appropriate or, the wiser ones, to ignore them altogether. That's how freedom works, not in ANY other way.

In my head all of that makes total sense, and is something I subscribe to. In practice however, I could see society turning into Lord of the Flies in no time.... only with less conches.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

About the smoking thing...

I don't care what you do in private. But if you somehow represent, PUBLICLY, my investment, you better don't smoke.

This is not a prerogative, this is a minimal, basic, requirement. You are in public representing, somehow, a public enterprise with real money, $6 million worth of it. Do you see anyone, anyone at all smoking ANYTHING on CNN? CNBC? anywhere public? It is a minimal showing of respect -as well as a definitive requirement by the network.

When you are alone, with your family, your friends, whatever... do as you please, but when you are representing people's money, learn to behave like a professional.

Or simply don't (represent it).
joelpina

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:33:48 AM

I often use the ignore button
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:34:36 AM

In my head all of that makes total sense, and is something I subscribe to. In practice however, I could see society turning into Lord of the Flies in no time.... only with less conches.

And that's why there are laws.

But Lord of the Flies is, precisely, an excellent metaphor for what CENSORED forums and IRCS have become already, NOT the other way around.
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:36:51 AM

E-cig, filled with V-Juice.
Can we do this? Veri flavoured juice?

Darling... Pass me my vapour wand and pack me a Veri big one.
Every time I exhale darling, it tastes like, mmmmm.... yes that's it... its dam Vericoin Victory. God dam it woman, I feel fantastic!

"Verijuice"...We know how to pack your powered pipe perfect...
Cheesy
CodeHunter

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:41:19 AM

About the smoking thing...

I don't care what you do in private. But if you somehow represent, PUBLICLY, my investment, you better don't smoke.

This is not a prerogative, this is a minimal, basic, requirement. You are in public representing, somehow, a public enterprise with real money, $6 million worth of it. Do you see anyone, anyone at all smoking ANYTHING on CNN? CNBC? anywhere public? It is a minimal showing of respect -as well as a definitive requirement by the network.

When you are alone, with your family, your friends, whatever... do as you please, but when you are representing people's money, learn to behave like a professional.

Or simply don't (represent it).

You said it better than I ever could, these posters have no idea how the real world works.

Some of the investors that the devs met at the Chicago conference might watch the hangout and make the same assumptions I did (and I wasn't the only one who made such an assumption).

Even if it's nicotine, just give it a rest for an hour. These are the public videos of Vericoin's technical and financial matters.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:47:58 AM

This is the dumbest conversation I ever heard in my life. lets get back to the community promoting Vericoin in different ways that was productive. No one gives a crap what someone is smoking he has the right to do whatever he wants, it is his body his property. He has done more for the coin you invested in then all of you combined. He served for this country, did you ? I like the picture idea near famous sites. That sounds great, statue of liberty would be the easiest for me.
PUMPBANDIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:49:55 AM

I'll get it laminated and do the Great Barrier Reef!
hehe
Pages: « 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: