Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:15:04 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 08:32:37 PM by buy4crypto

With VeriBit, VeriSMS and soon VeriCard, it's not where can you use Vericoin.  It's where can't you. www.vericoin.info

why, after such news does not rise the price?

Because nobody has heard of the company they made a "huge" deal with. The company is smaller than 1 of the 30 websites I made spending a few hours of my time creating. Mind you I had zero website building experience, which I am sure is evident if you look at my websites. I am ranked 2million something on alexa. 3 + million ranks ahead of this company and I get about 750 visits a month on that website, so people can make judgement if this is a promise with legs, or another failure waiting to happen.

I can see it now, this looks like another wizrig moment.

This is not with wizrig.  Time will tell how real this is and you may regret your current stance.

My stance doesn't have to do with money. It has to do with ethics. This company raises many questions. If you can alleviate them all for the community it would be a great help. I would like to start with :

Who is behind this company?
What led you to make a partnership with them?
What makes you believe this unknown company will be a successful partnership for vericoin?
Are you confident making a close association with an unknown company is a good choice for what vericoin is as a brand?
Are vericoin investors going to be liable for all your personal business choices made on behalf of vericoin?
In future deals, will investors know what contracts are signed on behalf of their personal investments or will you continue to do this in privacy with 1 or 2 other minority investors?

We can start there and continue a constructive debate about this if you wish. I am sure the community would appreciate the honesty, instead of smoke and mirrors.

Doug, I will ask this every few pages until you tell me I am being unreasonable, or you give me some answers.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to clear up some uncertainty that should have been released already to the public as we all invested in this deal and still have no idea what it is aside from a picture.
Not sure what your problem is buy4crypto.  I've checked out the site and watched the video and it's pretty easy to follow and understand.  http://coinsis.com/Card/Coinsis.html  It simply links an online wallet with a POS debitcard which makes it extremely easy for anyone and everyone to spend Vericoin to buy real world things.  Very cool and what's not to like?

Great Job Devs!  This is another required step that altcoins need to go through as they mature and Vericoin is one of the first with this feature.  
Now Vericoin is just like an extremely high yield savings account with a debit card.  Move your assets from Fiat to Vericoin, collect 2.5% interest on your savings, and then spend your own money as you need to simply and easily everywhere just by sliding a debit card.  Very cool indeed.

I don't really have a problem. I am seeking clarity as to the extent of the deal, ect. Maybe I should go ask devs from the other coins who apparently have signed similar deals. I don't like that this was billed as a big deal for vericoin, but it was a small deal for the other 2 coins using the same card, and the same technology. Those developers didn't make a large spectacle of the deal like ours did, and its scary to think about how pumped up people have got for things like this in the past.

We have the luxury of time to tell you unequivocally that everything launched was a failure. The peak of Vericoin price was not on a product release, but on a roadmap of future promises that time tells us where complete failures, never forget that. From the Veri-Fiat promise that was a failure, to the devs reassuring everyone many times Wizrig was legit and going to change the world starting with vericoin (they trully believed it, or sold you they did).

This is a right step towards the goals of vericoin, I agree with that. Now the execution will have to be done well to ensure any momentum, and ability to create value from this deal. In the past our developers have failed achieving the vision for any release they have had. Not 1 has overwhelmed and to me this is worrysome. If the developers where trying hard to change, I would be supporting this coin to no end. I cannot get answers to see if people helped them on vericoins behalf, or if they did this on their own and are not going to share with us the details of the transaction vericoin is now a part of. One that may limit future, larger companies, with more resources to want to invest, due to some small hobby from a community member that is being touted as the next biggest thing!

Thats another thing that stikes me is the lack of attention to detail. If you cared about everything down to the smallest detail, you wouldn't continuously rush another product, and put your previous failures further and further behind without being resolved would you? Rushing failures under the rug is the worst way to deal with them. Rather we should confront failure and learn from it. If someone had attention to detail in the group we would not be making many of the same mistakes that we are doing that will doom this coin to failure. I hope everyone has thought this through. I wanted to ask a few questions to put vericoin in a position to succeed. And asking smart questions is necessary to vet out the decision making process of our devs in this deal. This is information everyone should demand, but somehow, I am the only one thinking clearly enough to ask if it will be given to us to view what we are a part of.

For example:

What if Paypal, Mastercard, or any upcoming payment service is/was considering integrating or making a vericoin card. You think now that "Coinsis" is associated with the project, however loosely it is, that they would do that at that point?

This deal could be good, or bad. Nobody knows without having any information on the deal, and what it means to vericoin. What rights, if any has vericoin given up. I would ask this on the communities behalf again as I hope many more of you now understand the importance of what my first post today has been trying to get to. What are the terms of this deal pls? Doug said VeriCoin is covered. Covered incase of what? Who is protected from what, and if people need protection, what are the parts of the deal requiring so. Sounds like something the community should be aware of.

Community members who are behind having this, and other questions relating to this deal answered may want to speak up, or I will just be drowned out as unreasonable, and fudding.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Let dev4 work for free Wink

_@/'
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

CINNI will LIVE

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:16:32 PM

This card filled with 10k VRC will be my present in jingle bells time to my loved ones.
But it will be some trouble to register it on their name.
cammo12

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:25:02 PM

Well, that went well, didn't it. LOL
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

How many days, when you guys completing the cards order.
I am really excited to see, and hold 1 card with VRC loaded.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:53:36 PM

I've got some questions:

To use this Card, do you have to go through a verification process?
Is it accepted worldwide?
What about the fees they charge?

Thx for answering and regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
cammo12

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:05:14 PM

I've got some questions:

Michael

Basically, it is a pre-paid piece of shit. No verification required. Its the same type of cc they give out to people who can't get credit.
Wreathy

Activity: 152

Follow ur gut instinct, it is there for a reason.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:33:52 PM

Smiley

VERI NICE.   veri cc

Grin

Kevondo

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:21:23 PM

I've got some questions:

Michael

It's basically a Debit card that's acceptted anywhere they take VISA

www.coinsis.com      for info or vericoin.info

vericoinnews.com is always a good choice to find out the latest
kasman5

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

Hi guys,

I am just taking a short break from my break to show that I am still supporting Vericoin.

Soo, a few comments from me:

@effects: great job, Vericoin is positively back in the news and continues on its path towards the main goals
                (ease of use, mainstream adoption).

@buy4crypto: I can feel your struggle  Smiley ... I think you are (rightfully to a certain extent) too negative on the
                       development. I also think you became negative because of the recent price drop (which is maybe
                       still not over yet) and not so much because of the developers´ action/inaction.

So please don´t follow the dark side and come back ... maybe not now, but in a few weeks.

@altcoinUK: Well bro, I have a feeling, that you are already lost to the dark side of BobPlop and gang. Your point of
                  view regarding importance of blockchain2 is simply wrong. Vericoin does not need
                  blockchain2 on itself. It can use existing platforms like ripple, stellar and what else is going to get
                  realized on this field. I feel like you are just annoyed, that your point does not get the dev´s and
                  community´s attention you had hoped for.

Vericoin is a virtual currency first and it is the goal to promote it as such. For example: Ripple is promoted as a transfer platform and not as a currency, the same with Ethereum. Stellar is just a Mcaleb Ripple clone with (allegedly) better distribution of the platform´s internal currency. If someone wants to invest in blockchain2, simply do it. But blockchain2 integration into vericoin is simply a waste of resources.

We should focus on the wallet right now. Security for minting, something like Peerbox would be great and will help to strengthen the network. If you need to clone it, do it and give credits to Peercoin´s Peerchemist.

Uh, ah ... a last word from me on the new developer:

1. I hope it is not one of the blackcoin guys.  Cheesy
2. If the goal is to bring Vericoin to a higher price level, by hiring a new dev, I am against it. If the goal is to
    actually improve the wallet and to ease the workload of the three devs I would say yes. So because we know
    how drkman announced the man, I am against it.  Cheesy

EDIT: spelling

+100

Buy4crypto is making a valid argument here. There's a distinct lack of clarity surrounding the card. However I'm not 100% sure Doug knows himself fully what's going on with it due to the company supplying these probably hasn't finalised it themselves. Fees, verification?, will it work outside of USD, if so what's the conversion rate. Is it chip and pin like we have here in the UK or is a swipe one like you have in the US. Lots of questions.

However it's not a pressing issue because I can't see the demand for these been all that high. 

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:23:59 AM

I've got some questions:

Michael

www.coinsis.com      for info or vericoin.info

I haven't found any information about verification nor the fees they charge.
I mean, it's another company that wants to make money beside Visa.
In Europe we have the MAESTRO Card you can pay with nearly everywhere and it has very low fees. I also have a Master Card but it's more expencive. So what do we need another Credit Card for? Maybe I'm wrong, time will show up.

Thx to the devs for the work they put in this project.

I don't want to be just negative: the technic is working very well. Transactions are fast and stakeing and multipool gives me some nice profit. I hope the price will rise soon.

Regards,
Michael

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
Kevondo

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:05:36 AM

I've got some questions:

Michael

www.coinsis.com      for info or vericoin.info

I haven't found any information about verification nor the fees they charge.
I mean, it's another company that wants to make money beside Visa.
In Europe we have the MAESTRO Card you can pay with nearly everywhere and it has very low fees. I also have a Master Card but it's more expencive. So what do we need another Credit Card for? Maybe I'm wrong, time will show up.

Thx to the devs for the work they put in this project.

I don't want to be just negative: the technic is working very well. Transactions are fast and stakeing and multipool gives me some nice profit. I hope the price will rise soon.

Regards,
Michael

sorry Michael I meant to address the fee question before

coinsis has not published a fee structure.

there is no "verification" (I'm aware of) for opening an account that would include a VeriCard

transactions are stored on the Block chain, so they are secure.

coinsis says it can used anywhere VISA is accepted. That would mean if a resturant in Tahiti takes VISA you should be able to use a VERICARD. IMO?Huh
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:23:25 AM

Ok everyone I have all of the coins assembled and have begun working on the Certificates of Authenticity. I should have the coins done and sent out within the next week or so barring any major disasters.

If you still have an outstanding balance Please send payment to 1EmgrPDnFPXkiQLpb64qhJjvN6qnJ2eNi8 and PM me your TX ID, full name, and shipping address. If you want extra shipping features (tracking, insurance, next day air, etc) OR if you are OUTSIDE of the United States extra shipping rates apply. We can discuss how much extra based upon what exactly you want for shipping so PM me if you are International or want something other than standard shipping.

If you have already paid in full please send me your previous TX ID, Full name, Shipping Address and extra payment if you require shipping other than standard domestic.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PURCHASING AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR COINS AS MUCH AS I DO.

-Will

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CrystalClear

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:34:27 AM

I see it as Coinisis is better than Prypto because it's accepted everywhere.
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:06:52 AM

We urgently need a moderated forum!!! Please prioritize changing the wallet link to another place. Its amazing the level of articulated stupidity some of the fudders of ours achieve recurrently. Pages and pages of stupid considerations and go-nowhere arguments.

So we have a VISA debit card available for VRC. Is it bad? Is it mandatory? Of course not, for both questions. You can have one if you wish. Positive! If you don't feel like you want it, just ignore and move forward. Adding such POSSIBILITIES will allow every user to tailor his experience. Positive again!

Oh, but the company providing the card is new. THAT'S SIMPLY GREAT!!! This is called innovation and we're all here to support business models and technologies which have never been implemented before. Positive yet once again!!!

Will it work? Are there risks? You gotta be kidding us, stupid idiots! Of course there are risks and YES, the community  supports risky decisions BECAUSE we're here to INNOVATE.

Finally, its always expensive to connect new technology to legacy. Everyone knows that. But for the transition from the old to the new, integrating legacy is a MUST. Therefore, a VISA debit card is great news with great importance in the next few months/years, but irrelevant in the long run. By definition, a good tactical move with few strategical implications. Fair enough, good enough. Good work DEVs. Thanks!
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:25:07 AM

We urgently need a moderated forum!!! Please prioritize changing the wallet link to another place. Its amazing the level of articulated stupidity some of the fudders of ours achieve recurrently. Pages and pages of stupid considerations and go-nowhere arguments.

So we have a VISA debit card available for VRC. Is it bad? Is it mandatory? Of course not, for both questions. You can have one if you wish. Positive! If you don't feel like you want it, just ignore and move forward. Adding such POSSIBILITIES will allow every user to tailor his experience. Positive again!

Oh, but the company providing the card is new. THAT'S SIMPLY GREAT!!! This is called innovation and we're all here to support business models and technologies which have never been implemented before. Positive yet once again!!!

Will it work? Are there risks? You gotta be kidding us, stupid idiots! Of course there are risks and YES, the community  supports risky decisions BECAUSE we're here to INNOVATE.

Finally, its always expensive to connect new technology to legacy. Everyone knows that. But for the transition from the old to the new, integrating legacy is a MUST. Therefore, a VISA debit card is great news with great importance in the next few months/years, but irrelevant in the long run. By definition, a good tactical move with few strategical implications. Fair enough, good enough. Good work DEVs. Thanks!

Right on! I remember the Blackcoin community was in turmoil till the thread shut down. They are doing the same thing with coinsis and they are no where near as negative. Ultracoin started out promising till one of the devs gave into the FUDDERS amd he started rants. They had a great coin but innovation stopped after the coin was made.

I checked out the veritalk forums but not much volume. I think if this thread is shut down then it will force people to veritalk or reddit. Plus you have to go page by page and so much reading to catch up.. veritalk is easier cause if you don't like the subject you look for the next one.
BitcoinPorn

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:12:29 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 04:38:10 AM by BitcoinPorn

I have been saying this for a while.  Makes no sense to have a button in the official client wallet that says "Forum" and link to a single thread about Vericoin hosted on a Bitcoin forum.    Let's get http://veritalk.info some extra traffic (though I prefer reddit myself, it makes sense to go to Veritalk)

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:38:37 AM

i agree 100%

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:08:03 AM

i agree 100%

Been saying this for awhile!

We want it, we don't care that you don't want it Barabbass!
Pages: « 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: