Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:40:34 PM

Remember for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Mathew 7.1. Amen.
Lets build a VRC church Wink VRC is our religion!

The Church Of The "Undivided Profit"...?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:47:27 PM

Remember for in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Mathew 7.1. Amen.
Lets build a VRC church Wink VRC is our religion!

The Church Of The "Undivided Profit"...?
Infinite ROI

_@/'
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:57:28 PM

www.VRCRadio.com will be LIVE in 4 minutes
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:30:01 PM

http://www.vericoinish.com/index.php/veri-useful/2014-03-12-16-16-30/the-fud-list

Looks like AltcoinUK is the people favorite FUDder, he just may be this months winner
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:34:53 PM

Do remember that this was back in May, so it was very early days for VRC.

Early or not, the fact that Pnosker is in the trollbox cheering up day traders says a lot about the mentality and moral of the lead developer. The same moral had associated vericoin with the scammer WizRig. Anyway, it is not very classy that the lead developer of a coin is active, create hype and cheer up potential buyers at an exchange. You would never seen that from well respected devs like btcdrak.

If this mentality of Pnosker, the lead developer would known by potential investors at the time - the very same people who come here these days to tell us about money lost with VRC and that they are very disappointed - then many investors would never ever buy VRC.

Dude I lost a fair share as well but you see me whining or fudding? Pnosker is a dev but he's also a marketer hence the active role in promoting the coin.. give it a rest.

we all are investors and at this point are down.

yesterday after the open and fair conversation that took place, I thought we were back on track working together.

Been a while since I even used Polo.

Oh well..as you were
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:03:51 PM

Early or not, the fact that Pnosker is in the trollbox cheering up day traders says a lot about the mentality and moral of the lead developer. The same moral had associated vericoin with the scammer WizRig. Anyway, it is not very classy that the lead developer of a coin is active, create hype and cheer up potential buyers at an exchange. You would never seen that from well respected devs like btcdrak.

If this mentality of Pnosker, the lead developer would known by potential investors at the time - the very same people who come here these days to tell us about money lost with VRC and that they are very disappointed - then many investors would never ever buy VRC.

I'd like to clarify that there is no "lead" developer for VeriCoin. Doug, David, and I are all working on various things. If you remember, in the beginning I was the only public one, so maybe people considered me the "lead." But now Doug, David, and I are all publicly known. And so there is no "lead" face anymore. I went to the trollbox because people kept asking me to on IRC. Nobody has asked me to in months now. Same with the #Cryptomarkets IRC channel.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:09:42 PM

What is up with the Windows wallet? Why is the wallet not syncing? I re-installed wallet and rebuilt block chain. I don't remember this being so difficult?

Been gone for a while. Help is appreciated!

do you still have a problem? better go on irc…somebody can help you there..
ElliottHe

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:17:48 PM

things get developed, price gets down...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

things get developed, price gets down...
Thats how we roll

_@/'
luisb

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:00:49 PM

What is up with the Windows wallet? Why is the wallet not syncing? I re-installed wallet and rebuilt block chain. I don't remember this being so difficult?

Been gone for a while. Help is appreciated!

do you still have a problem? better go on irc…somebody can help you there..

I backed up my wallet and deleted every trace of vericoin then reinstalled. It seems to be syncing further. Thanks for the concern. I'll let you guys know if I still have trouble.

Now for my two cents...

Vericoin is hands down one of the most ambitious projects I've seen in crypto. Veribit alone makes it worth while and ready for real world use. I would like to see us encourage more development and less entertaining of FUD on this forum. It's easy to get caught up with trolls (competitors) trying to FUD the coin to death. I have full faith in the developers to listen to the community, and seek help rather than listening to cheerleaders and trolls. There are a lot of knowledgable people here with great ideas and strategies. It would do the coin well to implement some of the strategies listed here in the thread.

This has the potential to be THE next big thing in crypto. We need to show our support to Vericoin and it's developers and get the word out. Ignore FUDsters and have patience.

Good work Vericoin Devs!

Now could you please also quote which ideas and strategies you think are good and WHY so you can also contribute to the discussion? Apart of course of "generic" comments without any basis that make you look like another cheerleader though I do not think you are one

Do you think I am one of those "FUDsters"?
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:26:26 PM

suggestion:  I know the roadmap was updated but can we get some teasers?? Like a pic or screen shot videos?!?! I think it brings up moral shuts the haters up a little and gives us things to look forward to while it's being developed.  Just a thought.  I know we're only investors and we can only know so much but it's good to see what's coming up
souljah1h
Legendary

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 05:32:18 PM

There are reasons why the market price is what it is. REAL reasons.

One of the reasons must be the lack of work from the vericoin devs. No real work has been delivering for long. CLOAK is the best example that the hard or even little work pay off. It was just a rather simple CLOAK white paper released and the market response is very positive. I am happy for that and I could sell the CLOAK at 40k which I bought at 22k, but why there is no such work from the vericoin devs? Are they just incapable to deliver, not enough time for work or are they just lazy? It would be nice to see vercioin progress as other coins do and the easiest way to achieve that via working on the software.

So your comparing a white paper to solid development releases?

Edit - last time I checked Cloak was dumped with every other coin over the last 2 weeks, was down %80. Just sounds like you want to day trade, I guess we are looking for two different things here. I'm looking for a longterm profit in Vericoin, not a quick flip for profit. I'm looking for the next Bitcoin!
Not every coin.  The coin that Dev4 runs is up 300% alone since I first proposed his addition to this community and up over 1,000% since he joined that coin, but I was attacked or laughed at when I told the community how to land the best Dev in all of crypto.  He could do the same for our coin and our Devs have known about him for weeks now and have not even tried to contact him once.  I guess that's my answer.
Show some proof

_@/'
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:36:55 PM

One of the reasons must be the lack of work from the vericoin devs. No real work has been delivering for long. CLOAK is the best example that the hard or even little work pay off. It was just a rather simple CLOAK white paper released and the market response is very positive. I am happy for that and I could sell the CLOAK at 40k which I bought at 22k, but why there is no such work from the vericoin devs? Are they just incapable to deliver, not enough time for work or are they just lazy? It would be nice to see vercioin progress as other coins do and the easiest way to achieve that via working on the software.

Edit - last time I checked Cloak was dumped with every other coin over the last 2 weeks, was down %80. Just sounds like you want to day trade, I guess we are looking for two different things here. I'm looking for a longterm profit in Vericoin, not a quick flip for profit. I'm looking for the next Bitcoin!
Not every coin.  The coin that Dev4 runs is up 300% alone since I first proposed his addition to this community and up over 1,000% since he joined that coin, but I was attacked or laughed at when I told the community how to land the best Dev in all of crypto.  He could do the same for our coin and our Devs have known about him for weeks now and have not even tried to contact him once.  I guess that's my answer.

There was serious talk with @effects about Dev4 yesterday in IRC. He wanted to have a conference call with him with all three Devs, lots of community members where willing to contribute to the Dev4 fund including myself...we will see where this goes. Might be jumping the gun on them saying yes or no...I'm willing to contribute to the fund for Dev4 if I feel comfortable with the escrow and terms. He will have to show his identity to the community tho like the rest of the devs.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:38:02 PM

Show some proof
Ask your Devs!!  Sick and tired of hand holding idiots.

Dev4 doesn't want his identity know...so how do we do that?
pnosker

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:11:15 PM

Show some proof

INCORRECT.  I have been clear on this from the beginning.  "Dev4 did not want his name mentioned unless it is "official""  That means Official from the Vericoin Devs!  That Means The Vericoin Devs have secured the option funds for him and vouched for the funds by them.  The Vericoin devs need to take the initiative here.

I told DEV4 that the delay was because one of the devs was on vacation and they would discuss it on Sunday the 17th when Doug came back.......but over a week goes by after that Sunday and still no answer from the Vericoin devs, or even an attempt to reach out to Dev4?   Kind of an insult to him.  Especially when we need his help, and tremendous talents........not the other way around.  

Anybody know what wifey material means......that's him.

Sorry, I was on a trip this weekend and got back late due to plane issues. If you can get the new dev's email, can you send it to me? I'd like to open the lines of communication. Thanks!

libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

There was serious talk with @effects about Dev4 yesterday in IRC. He wanted to have a conference call with him with all three Devs, lots of community members where willing to contribute to the Dev4 fund including myself...we will see where this goes. Might be jumping the gun on them saying yes or no...I'm willing to contribute to the fund for Dev4 if I feel comfortable with the escrow and terms. He will have to show his identity to the community tho like the rest of the devs.

I'm also willing to contribute if this guy is approved by the Devs and we have a clear plan in place.

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

Show some proof

INCORRECT.  I have been clear on this from the beginning.  "Dev4 did not want his name mentioned unless it is "official""  That means Official from the Vericoin Devs!  That Means The Vericoin Devs have secured the option funds for him and vouched for the funds by them.  The Vericoin devs need to take the initiative here.

I told DEV4 that the delay was because one of the devs was on vacation and they would discuss it on Sunday the 17th when Doug came back.......but over a week goes by after that Sunday and still no answer from the Vericoin devs, or even an attempt to reach out to Dev4?   Kind of an insult to him.  Especially when we need his help, and tremendous talents........not the other way around.  

Anybody know what wifey material means......that's him.

Drkman, I understand your frustration only too well. And, before any other consideration and even though you are trying to do this for your own benefit, since it would benefit us all, I want to thank you for trying and trying really hard.

But perhaps it will give you some solace to know why this has not been done already. It's just an ego thing. Just that. Dev4, if he's to come on board, is going to make the current trio of devs looking very, very bad. Even if he's only partially successful -I'd say even before he actually does anything at all-, the coin will probably triple in value overnight from these absolutely depressed levels. Now, put yourself in  the shoes of the three stooges: They don't need the money. For them the current $15k they have in VRC has the same effect than 4 or more times that much: Not a significant change in their lives at all. And, from their standpoint, VRC is still a success... heck they created it and it is worth, even at these levels, over 1 million dollars. Now someone is going to come and overnight expose in a manner that doesn't admit discussion, their absolute mediocrity and take all the thunder? Fuck that. What will they get, that their stake will be worth maybe $60k instead of $15k? Again, fuck that. They would have PAID much more themselves for being where they are now.

Just arrogance. Ego. That's why they need "vias of communication", "solid plans" and all the rest of the bullshit they spew. They lie, blatantly, when they say Vericoin is a community project; it is THEIR project and they are not going to relinquish that condition, under no circumstances, to the veri end.

Once again thank you for really, really trying. Hope this helps with the frustration while understanding what you are dealing with here.

pnosker

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:32:52 PM

Drkman, I understand your frustration only too well. And, before any other consideration and even though you are trying to do this for your own benefit, since it would benefit us all, I want to thank you for trying and trying really hard.

But perhaps it will give you some solace to know why this has not been done already. It's just an ego thing. Just that. Dev4, if he's to come on board, is going to make the current trio of devs looking very, very bad. Even if he's only partially successful -I'd say even before he actually does anything at all-, the coin will probably triple in value overnight from these absolutely depressed levels. Now, put yourself in  the shoes of the three stooges: They don't need the money. For them the current $15k they have in VRC has the same effect than 4 or more times that much: Not a significant change in their lives at all. And, from their standpoint, VRC is still a success... heck they created it and it is worth, even at these levels, over 1 million dollars. Now someone is going to come and overnight expose in a manner that doesn't admit discussion, their absolute mediocrity and take all the thunder? Fuck that. What will they get, that their stake will be worth maybe $60k instead of $15k? Again, fuck that. They would have PAID much more themselves for being where they are now.

Just arrogance. Ego. That's why they need "vias of communication", "solid plans" and all the rest of the bullshit they spew. They lie, blatantly, when they say Vericoin is a community project; it is THEIR project and they are not going to relinquish that condition, under no circumstances, to the veri end.

Once again thank you for really, really trying. Hope this helps with the frustration while understanding what you are dealing with here.

There's no ego thing going on here... just swamped with various things to do/busy. I have contacted this developer so let's see where it goes. We are more than happy to welcome someone who can help VeriCoin succeed, especially if the code is already built and tested on another platform and could instantly propel VeriCoin to the top in terms of features and use cases. I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but we're tackling a lot right now and get hundreds of emails a day for support, suggestions, complaints, etc. and it's easy for things to take a few days to filter and reply.

pnosker

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:46:17 PM

Cannot believe ppl actually agree with this drkman that its a good idea to just hand over a million coins to someone they dont even know just to pump price.

Me and my team have no problem with the addition of a new developer but if a deal is made that pays him anywhere close to 500k to 1million coins we walk away... for good.

We haven't made any decisions yet, however, the deal doesn't gift the developer a million coins. What drkman worked out, so far, is a deal for the developer to have the right to buy 500k coins at the current price, if the price hits 100k satoshi.

We (the devs) just started communications today, so we obviously don't have anything decided-- whether we will have another developer, payment, etc. Please PM me if you'd like to discuss... we're happy to hear your opinions.

warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:48:44 PM

There's no ego thing going on here... just swamped with various things to do/busy. I have contacted this developer so let's see where it goes. We are more than happy to welcome someone who can help VeriCoin succeed, especially if the code is already built and tested on another platform and could instantly propel VeriCoin to the top in terms of features and use cases. I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but we're tackling a lot right now and get hundreds of emails a day for support, suggestions, complaints, etc. and it's easy for things to take a few days to filter and reply.

You guys are doing great!  It sucks that the price is shit it talks more to crypto then you guys.  Just keep on the path and things will pick up!  Been here since May not going anywhere anytime soon!!
Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: