Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625085 times)
jaystone777

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:56:10 PM

Does anyone know how to recover the simplewallet from the mnemonic phrase? I've read a few vague explanations of how its done but none of them were specific enough. Someone said open simplewallet with --restore-deterministic-wallet. How? I've tried everything I can think of and none of it takes me to a screen that asks for the mnemonic phrase. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The system in question is running Ubuntu. Also, where is the blockchain.bin file stored on a Linux OS? I'd like to jump-start it with a bootstrap but I can't find where it stores the blockchain.bin file. Remember, this is Linux not Windows. Thanks in advance for any help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:00:45 PM

Does anyone know how to recover the simplewallet from the mnemonic phrase? I've read a few vague explanations of how its done but none of them were specific enough. Someone said open simplewallet with --restore-deterministic-wallet. How? I've tried everything I can think of and none of it takes me to a screen that asks for the mnemonic phrase. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The system in question is running Ubuntu. Also, where is the blockchain.bin file stored on a Linux OS? I'd like to jump-start it with a bootstrap but I can't find where it stores the blockchain.bin file. Remember, this is Linux not Windows. Thanks in advance for any help.

Go to the folder where simplewallet is and type:
Code:
./simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet
Then follow the instructions.

Blockchain is stored in your home directory in .aeon folder by default (folders starting with . are hidden folders, in case you weren't aware).
jaystone777

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:15:03 AM

Go to the folder where simplewallet is and type:
Code:
./simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet
Then follow the instructions.

Blockchain is stored in your home directory in .aeon folder by default (folders starting with . are hidden folders, in case you weren't aware).

Thank you so much. You just made this so much easier. You're a cryptogod among mere mortals.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:28:39 AM

Can someone please launch a MyAeon webwallet so I don't have to download the whole friggin blockchain? Hint hint Smooth hint hint. I've given up on the multicurrency wallets ever adopting Aeon. Don't know why but none of them have integrated Aeon. I haven't found a pool that allows mining Aeon direct to an exchange. So where does that leave me? Sadly, mining Aeon on Minergate's pool with Linux is my best option at this time and that kind of sux because I don't really trust Minergate.  Angry

Coinomi has a pretty good basic Android wallet that works very fast. It takes 2 weeks to integrate, and costs ~2500 upfront for 2 yrs hosting/implement. AEON would be the 1st Cryptonote in the wallet.. so not sure if they can do in 2 weeks...

https://coinomi.com/#supported-coins

Maybe we should think about crowdfunding this? What do you folks think?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:12:21 PM

Can someone please launch a MyAeon webwallet so I don't have to download the whole friggin blockchain? Hint hint Smooth hint hint. I've given up on the multicurrency wallets ever adopting Aeon. Don't know why but none of them have integrated Aeon. I haven't found a pool that allows mining Aeon direct to an exchange. So where does that leave me? Sadly, mining Aeon on Minergate's pool with Linux is my best option at this time and that kind of sux because I don't really trust Minergate.  Angry

Coinomi has a pretty good basic Android wallet that works very fast. It takes 2 weeks to integrate, and costs ~2500 upfront for 2 yrs hosting/implement. AEON would be the 1st Cryptonote in the wallet.. so not sure if they can do in 2 weeks...

I think it would be better to just have someone run a public node that people could use to sync wallets without running the daemon. That would cost ~$50/year I think. Also, thanks jaystone777 Cheesy
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:43:16 PM

I think it would be better to just have someone run a public node that people could use to sync wallets without running the daemon. That would cost ~$50/year I think. Also, thanks jaystone777 Cheesy

Where would that cost $50/year?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:26:39 PM

It's pretty easy to be able to get AWS credits for about ten cents on the dollar in the digital goods section of this forum. I'm currently running the tipbot aeonbux on a micro instance, and I've just used a bunch of swap and commented out the auto saving in the daemon, been running fine for several months. I think that would suffice for a remote node, in which case i think the monthly cost is $10-15, but you only actually pay 10% of that.
CryptoRambler

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:12:02 PM

It's pretty easy to be able to get AWS credits for about ten cents on the dollar in the digital goods section of this forum. I'm currently running the tipbot aeonbux on a micro instance, and I've just used a bunch of swap and commented out the auto saving in the daemon, been running fine for several months. I think that would suffice for a remote node, in which case i think the monthly cost is $10-15, but you only actually pay 10% of that.

Hi jwinterm,

If someone runs a t2 micro instance, do they need any physical resources (besides $) - or can all the RAM and CPU power be rented on demand as needed through AWS?

Thanks!
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:19:50 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. AWS is a VPS service, so you don't need any physical resources in that sense, Amazon runs the computer for you. If you're running a micro instance, then decide you need more CPU or RAM or whatever, then you can make an image of that instance, then start a more powerful instance using that image. RAM or CPU cores are not dynamically scalable on a running instance tho, afaik.
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:48:17 PM

3 btc is a feasible price for getting the wallet. I can crash ur skull with an ease, but won't do this because u're a worthy specimen and should have descendants before u die. I don't know if coinigy even exists, maybe it's nothing more than a flight of fancy. To check if its real, open terminal and type:

Code:
paping -p 80 coinomi.com

U should get an output like so:

Code:
PING coinomi.org (104.27.146.3) your_dad_is_dead(your_dad_is_dead) bytes of data
CryptoRambler

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:46:32 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. AWS is a VPS service, so you don't need any physical resources in that sense, Amazon runs the computer for you. If you're running a micro instance, then decide you need more CPU or RAM or whatever, then you can make an image of that instance, then start a more powerful instance using that image. RAM or CPU cores are not dynamically scalable on a running instance tho, afaik.

That's very interesting... Thank you for the info. So what if you don't know or incorrectly estimate your RAM/CPU needs when you create an image? It will alert you when performance/memory becomes a problem? Or just won't execute or both?
jaystone777

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:53:14 PM

Well, I finally broke down and decided to launch the daemon on a spare PC running Ubuntu 16.06 rather than my laptop. Thanks to advice from jwinterm I was able to successfully bootstrap the blockchain and recover my wallet on what is now my Aeon node PC. Mining on sumominer now and its a world of difference. I still don't know how much I was losing by mining on minergate but it was a substantial amount. Now my mining rewards match my hashrate almost exactly and I'm averaging 99% good shares. Very happy now. GO AEON!!!
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:59:51 PM

That's very interesting... Thank you for the info. So what if you don't know or incorrectly estimate your RAM/CPU needs when you create an image? It will alert you when performance/memory becomes a problem? Or just won't execute or both?

Mostly just won't execute, I would say (or compile).
jaystone777

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:08:53 AM

Okay, so if we're going to get Aeon relisted on Poloniex it has to have a website. Any recent progress in that area?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Okay, so if we're going to get Aeon relisted on Poloniex it has to have a website. Any recent progress in that area?

Many people have contacted them over the last few months--so they are aware. I ask every few weeks, just because you never know--I've also asked if someone wants to add an aeon depository on cryptokingdom as this would likely take coins off the market, as it did with XMR (currently ~1% of all monero are on cryptokingdom) and introduce a new set of investors to aeon.

CryptoRambler

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:02:33 PM

@jwinterm, what is the recommended security precautions to take when running a node like this (or on a physical server)? Does AWS provide enough data backups that being hacked is irrelevant?

Thanks
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:14:49 PM

@jwinterm, what is the recommended security precautions to take when running a node like this (or on a physical server)? Does AWS provide enough data backups that being hacked is irrelevant?

Thanks

AWS only does backups if you tell it to, but if you're only going to use the server as a public node, I don't think security is all that important, since there would be no funds or anything to lose if it did go down.
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 07:22:37 AM

What is the latest client?

I looked at the aenix github and the iamsmooth github, but I'm still not sure

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:44:36 AM

I think 0.9.6.0, its on the first page.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.0

1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 05:45:33 PM

I think 0.9.6.0, its on the first page.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.0

yes but where is the source code, if I wanted to inspect it or compile it myself

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: