Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625091 times)
usm3000

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:42:57 AM

"A straight clone" it's called a fork mate.  Grin
And yes as you said, they are implementing new things that are not planned in XMR and who will improve privacy. What about AEON right now ?  Huh
You called a piece of shit a coin with 250k dollars marketcap, two months old with 4 active core devs (more than 90% of the coins), I wonder which one of us will look dumber in 3 months. I leave you there, sad to see crypto community is so full of hatred like always. Good luck with your investment too either way

There's no novel features now or in development as far as I could tell from asking in the thread and looking at the website. The things they claim to be implementing, multisig and subaddresses, are features far along in development from monero, and if I had to be I would bet sumo people are not working on an independent implementation.

The reason it's garbage/shit/scam/whatever in my opinion is the 10% premine. You can't have a currency that enough people in the real world (read: not crypto "investors") are going to buy into and use for transacting where one party has scooped 10% of all money that will ever exist right off the top from the get go. Even Bitcoin suffered from this for a long time and Satoshi mined his coins over years fairly, but it still took a decade of his stash being static that most people begin to assume they will never move. Huge premine = non starter for me, especially for a clone/fork with zero new features and zero public plans to even implement new features.

Aeon is moving very slowly, but it actually already has at least one actual technical feature that differentiates itself from monero - pruning mode, two if you count modified PoW. And more importantly it has a fair launch with a decent size community of supporters and miners.

AEON on bitrex is like BCN on polo ... will be fixed soon...in the next 10 to 20 years LOL. until we see it fixed - it is as well as delisted

that is exactly what is going on with AEON, bitrex delisting it so 400K coins there are gone. but on hitbtc one man owns more than 60% of the coins. so AEON is the shittiest of them all, pure scam!

you can see how he populate the market with false sell and buy orders in like 2 seconds, with some automated script, and then drops the price from 15K to 10K in less than a second. at least sumo coin has potential to grow, and it's alive and thriving, unlike AEON, which is only well for pump and dump, nothing more

And how is premine any different from that huge donation found the Dev holds to himself, - with bitrex gone, it could affect the market much more than 10% or even 200%.

I am quite disappointed to have bought these AEON, I have already a month waiting for an update that does not finish leaving, the worst thing is that the programmers are irresponsible.

As it is possible that the people who buy this currency has no idea of ​​when it will be able to use its money.

In my case is worse still, since I have Hitbtc tied, buy 2000 AEON at 0.00017600 and the current value is 0.00009737 I could sell now and lose almost half of my money.

Since it is impossible to pass them to bittrex and sell them at 0.00014725 which would generate loss, but much less.

There is no possible update, the price of the currency has dropped 40% in a month, everyone who has this is wasting their money.

And the programmers do not even have an estimated date to solve the problem, really this has been the biggest of all.

They always respond the same as it is very complicated, that soon, that someday, we should make a group to sue the programmers for scammers, or they have to recognize the users a percentage of their loss due to the lack of updates.

For what reason if the deposits are available in HitBtc and are not available in Other echange ?? It is simply because they are manipulating the market.

No one knows any other way or echange where one can get rid of these AEON?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
usm3000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:17:17 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/6pmfqe/discussion_disabled_aeon_wallet_on_bittrex/

on GitHub you create a new work in progress branch and push the code there every day, to avoid the situation, where you lose all the code if let's say an HDD got broken. if the dev doesn't do this, he is not really a dev.

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]editfmah 3 puntos hace 3 días

strange, 3 of the software development companies i've worked for have always had the rule "if it doesn't compile, it doesn't get pushed", all branches should be buildable. Local branches are fine, but nothing central should ever be half baked. Stash or copy locally if you need too, but never push anything that someone could pick up accidentally and merge. And I am very much a dev.

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]mariozigro 1 punto hace 3 días

Interesting if at this jobs you had, the 2-month work you stored at a local repo, had gone, what would you boss say?

we have only one developer on AEON if his 2 months work is gone, suppose he did at least something it will hurt the project even more. So you can come up with your excuses, but until we see some work on GitHub - the project is dead!

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]editfmah 2 puntos hace 3 días

You are such a troll, of course I would have local copies. But actually I had my own private repo.

And maybe, just maybe other developers might be involved behind the scenes that you have no comprehension of.

But you just keep posting your shit, if you hate it just f'off and do us all a favour so we don't waste time responding to your BS.

usm3000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

My opinion is the following.
If you do not have an estimated date of publication of the update, why not put the advances you have had these two months in relation to the code to at least generate confidence in the market.

You are killing the currency with so much market instability, and all the people who bought it are losing money.

Developers should:
Post advancements
Post News
Placing Dates

As people are going to trust a programmer that does not have the name that according to it will get an update that is not known when, nor does it know that it has been done in the last two months ..

All the people are thinking that the project died, and that's why the price is on the floor, this is the fault of the programmers, they must reconsider what they are doing since many people spent their money trusting you ..

On the other hand the currency is not already undermining it, since if the deposits in Bittrex are disabled, the only place where they could deposit is in HitBtc, and everyone is forced to deposit them here to sell them for the ground, not even for their Real value, and with the little credibility of the programmers who in two months have not presented anything of the progress of the worst actualization yet since no one wants to buy.
editfmah
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:30:16 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/6pmfqe/discussion_disabled_aeon_wallet_on_bittrex/

on GitHub you create a new work in progress branch and push the code there every day, to avoid the situation, where you lose all the code if let's say an HDD got broken. if the dev doesn't do this, he is not really a dev.

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]editfmah 3 puntos hace 3 días

strange, 3 of the software development companies i've worked for have always had the rule "if it doesn't compile, it doesn't get pushed", all branches should be buildable. Local branches are fine, but nothing central should ever be half baked. Stash or copy locally if you need too, but never push anything that someone could pick up accidentally and merge. And I am very much a dev.

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]mariozigro 1 punto hace 3 días

Interesting if at this jobs you had, the 2-month work you stored at a local repo, had gone, what would you boss say?

we have only one developer on AEON if his 2 months work is gone, suppose he did at least something it will hurt the project even more. So you can come up with your excuses, but until we see some work on GitHub - the project is dead!

enlaceembedpadrereportar

[–]editfmah 2 puntos hace 3 días

You are such a troll, of course I would have local copies. But actually I had my own private repo.

And maybe, just maybe other developers might be involved behind the scenes that you have no comprehension of.

But you just keep posting your shit, if you hate it just f'off and do us all a favour so we don't waste time responding to your BS.

Not my finest moment, I was just fed up with people moaning, but not helping at all.  Anyway ... it's done now.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:57:24 AM

Hey guys !

4 core devs and only 300k dollars marketcap, it may be a good coin to invest in to hedge your portfolio, I own both AEON and SUMO btw
Devs are planning really great things on Sumokoin roadmap, give it a look

I strongly disagree here.  
First there is like 9 millions of SUMO in developers hands. Then there was less then a million mined in first 2 months. 80 millions still to be mined.  
Developers have 450k AEON.  AEON have 14,530,843 mined right now, only 4 millions left ( not sure if there is/will be tail emission after that)
I am 99.9999% sure you will be able to get SUMO at way lower price as it is right now. Not only  in upcoming weeks or months but even a years.
I would extremely prefer to invest in AEON over SUMO at this point.

What exactly happens after all the coins are mined? does miner stopping mining after that
or demand of coin increases
1101labu

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:17:08 PM

You are killing the currency with so much market instability, and all the people who bought it are losing money.

You don't lose money as long as you don't sell... why don't you wait for an increase of the value? I'm not a trader myself, but isn't the golden rule of you all "buy low, sell high"?
Hardly all altcoins (and at a certain point even Bitcoin) are unstable. If you want to invest in something 100% secure and stable, maybe the digital currencies market is not the best place to put your money in ?.

Developers should:
Post advancements
Post News
Placing Dates

why should "they"? Do you pay "them" a salary , do you give them some money for that? did you sign a contract with them, with some precise engagements?

As people are going to trust a programmer that does not have the name that according to it will get an update that is not known when, nor does it know that it has been done in the last two months ..
two months is not so long...  Unless you really need that money right now, but if it's the case if I was you, I wouldn't put so much money that I could urgently need in the digital currencies market.
But I'm not you, so I also have a (naive?) question : why did you buy some Aeon at the moment where it was the highest? If you lose the amount of money you're talking about, it means you bought probably end of May/beginning of June when it was the highest, around 1$. As I said, I'm not really an investor myself, but are usually investors buy at the highest ever value of a currency? Is it really a wise thing to do? Would it not have been better to wait a little to see if it's only a short peak or a constant increase? Please see no malicious intent in my question, it's just a newbie thought, maybe I miss something...
g8tguy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:45:01 PM

you are not getting the whole picture.
at hitbtc one trader with more than 60K coins and unlimited BTC, controlling the trade.
So sometimes he pumps the price to 15-17K and it seems like there is an active trade going,
though, in reality, he is just selling to himself luring casual traders. then he drops the price by moving big 10K walls down.

And we also had a botnet dropping each day 3-5K coins for a market price.

Now the developer has a 450K coins donation found that we send him for doing his job, even at a current price it's like 112500$ - not bad for a side project.

But putting all this aside the call to lock the wallet was made by the developer, and now he is not responding,
nor we getting an ETA or some fix progress status.

And the bittrex made it clear that until they receive an official code fix from dev,
the wallet will remain suspended.

And with only one marketplace - small like hitbtc the coin cap is about 8-12K sat for a coin if you do the math right.

So as you said 2 months ok, but if some progress is made, and in our case, it seems there is none.

If you take responsibility over a large public project like smooth(the dev) did, that implies some amount of involvement,
feedback, and a little of respect to the community.

if you can't handle this or don't have a time just say a word and step away, pass the control to a more responsible person,
I think in MONERO community there are enough talented devs to who would volunteer to
fix the code instability for a donation found which if the price goes back will turn into 400k $.
Kanati

Activity: 93
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:24:48 PM

And we also had a botnet dropping each day 3-5K coins for a market price.

Just out of curiosity - how do you know this was happening with an anonymous coin?
seahockey

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:44:46 AM

Are AEON wallets on bittrex only suspended, or are they completely gone including the AEON in the wallets?
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 08:11:06 AM

Are AEON wallets on bittrex only suspended, or are they completely gone including the AEON in the wallets?

Wallet is just locked for deposits and withdrawals. You can still sell your aeon there for btc and then do whatever you want with it. Its your money. Optionally you can transfer to hitbtc to rebuy the aeon for even cheaper than bittrex.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

Wallet is just locked for deposits and withdrawals. You can still sell your aeon there for btc and then do whatever you want with it. Its your money. Optionally you can transfer to hitbtc to rebuy the aeon for even cheaper than bittrex.
Rank is now 209
genesavich

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:21:41 PM

What is the purpose of your project?
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:00:02 PM

What is the purpose of your project?

Descentralized economy.

There are a lot of descentralized services (airbnb, Uber, blablacar, kickstarter...) and the next step, is a descentralized, anonymous and secure coin, like this.
Scar69

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:07:55 PM

I`m going to try this, why not ...?

Pump and dump Cheesy.

It`s a game.
lol and let the game begin Grin Grin
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:58:59 PM

Cool, cheap Aeon, don't care about the bittrex wallet, it's definetly a good long-term  Grin
eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 08:00:46 PM

at hitbtc one trader with more than 60K coins and unlimited BTC, controlling the trade.
So sometimes he pumps the price to 15-17K and it seems like there is an active trade going,
though, in reality, he is just selling to himself luring casual traders. then he drops the price by moving big 10K walls down.

Now the developer has a 450K coins donation found that we send him for doing his job, even at a current price it's like 112500$ - not bad for a side project.

small stupid boy, you don't see whole picture Sad

Me personally don't use bittrex.
I have part of my AEONs @ shitbtc (~40K).

But rate is so small so I even was too lazy to transfer coins to trading account.
You can't see my assets there.

If you want big volume you need higher rate.
You need buy support.
Buy coins and you will have volume.
Place walls to support the price.
Act!

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
huntalan81

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:59:04 AM

Can I download the full of blockchain?

Delete my negative trust, pls.
mulu

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:45:12 PM

I've mentioned this on Slack/IRC and a few people seemed to like the idea, so I figured I should also mention it here so it can be discussed.

I believe Aeon should consider changing its ticker from AEON to XAE to conform to the ISO 4217 standard for currencies, much like XMR (Monero) and XBT (Bitcoin, on some exchanges like Kraken).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217#X_currencies

Please voice your opinion on whether you think this is a good idea or not, as it is better to agree upon this early on when its easier to change this (as there are less exchanges to make the change on).
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:01:15 PM

I've mentioned this on Slack/IRC and a few people seemed to like the idea, so I figured I should also mention it here so it can be discussed.

I believe Aeon should consider changing its ticker from AEON to XAE to conform to the ISO 4217 standard for currencies, much like XMR (Monero) and XBT (Bitcoin, on some exchanges like Kraken).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217#X_currencies

Please voice your opinion on whether you think this is a good idea or not, as it is better to agree upon this early on when its easier to change this (as there are less exchanges to make the change on).

I don't think it's a bad idea (though I wasn't a fan really when monero did it), but apparently bittrex is really shitty about changing tickers now. Myriad changed ticker from MYR to XMY, and apparently even after someone paid them 2 BTC or so a couple months ago they still haven't changed it. So for similar low volume coin I'd expect to have to pay and still maybe be unresponsive.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:59:09 PM

I think I would prefer to keep it the same and not risk any issues with Bittrex. Changing it would just confuse most people too since this isn't a super well known coin that many people are following regularly for updates etc...
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: