Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT version 0.5 - Easy USB based mining Linux with farm wide management tools  (Read 324093 times)
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:06:50 PM

Hi all, How i can redownload all #FIX? I skipped #20 and now i want download but i can't... any solution?

#20 has been removed.  You don't need it.  Just use #21.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:16:02 PM

i'd like to switch my LTC rig from win 7 to bamt, but my linux experiences are really bad.
can anyone make me an usb stick image (.img) including new version of cgminer (2.11.4), sdk (2.8 ) and drivers (13.1) for 7950.
just tell me what you get for your work.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Izael

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:29:21 PM

Hi all, How i can redownload all #FIX? I skipped #20 and now i want download but i can't... any solution?

Thank you very much ^^

I have other question, my PC are reseting each 6 or 7 hours... and my graphic card stopped mining... where i can read some log about this? So i can knows why this happen and i will try fix that.
abracadabra

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:54:32 PM

Thank you very much ^^

I have other question, my PC are reseting each 6 or 7 hours... and my graphic card stopped mining... where i can read some log about this? So i can knows why this happen and i will try fix that.

what do you mean "my PC are reseting"
Izael

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:35:22 PM

Thank you very much ^^

Well, i have the PC in other room, and I do a conection via SSH to my BAMT miner PC or I write the IP of my BAMT miner PC in the explorer... so i can view if my PC is working or not... normally i haven't any problem but sometimes (each 5 o 6 hours) i can't view or do nothing (it is stopped and it's blocked)... so i only can turn off and turn on the computer it has the BAMT and then it works again....
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:48:35 PM

Thank you very much ^^

Well, i have the PC in other room, and I do a conection via SSH to my BAMT miner PC or I write the IP of my BAMT miner PC in the explorer... so i can view if my PC is working or not... normally i haven't any problem but sometimes (each 5 o 6 hours) i can't view or do nothing (it is stopped and it's blocked)... so i only can turn off and turn on the computer it has the BAMT and then it works again....

In my experience, if a rig is locking up, it is most likely related to overclocking. Maybe back off on your GPU settings (clock/mem) and see if you get more stability.
Izael

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:36:37 AM

#20 has been removed.  You don't need it.  Just use #21.

Thank you very much ^^

In my experience, if a rig is locking up, it is most likely related to overclocking. Maybe back off on your GPU settings (clock/mem) and see if you get more stability.

I did back off on my GPU Settings (HD5870 -> 850/1200/1.175, I6) and i got the same results... my rig is locked up. Sad. Can I consult any file where is wrote what happened before my rig is locked up?
abracadabra

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:00:56 PM

Thank you very much ^^

I did back off on my GPU Settings (HD5870 -> 850/1200/1.175, I6) and i got the same results... my rig is locked up. Sad. Can I consult any file where is wrote what happened before my rig is locked up?

no.  try using all stock settings (gpu and mem).  if it's still locking up, you have hardware problems.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

Thank you very much ^^

no.  try using all stock settings (gpu and mem).  if it's still locking up, you have hardware problems.

And then if you're still locking up, start with one card, get it stable, then add the second, get it stable, repeat.

Are you using PCI-E Extenders? If yes, I would try removing that one from the equation first.

Another way to force the rig into no overclocking at all is to copy the "noOC" file from /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL into the /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE dir. Or you can do individual GPUs, you'll see all the files you can copy to that folder in the CONTROL dir. To remove that option, all you have to do is delete the file from that ACTIVE dir.

Also, if your rig is unstable and reboots, sometimes the management code (mother) will auto gen a file based on the specific GPU it had trouble with and put it in that ACTIVE dir, so that is a place to look if your wondering why it won't ever overclock again.

Lastly, I know you had a question about logs to look for, but I believe most of those services had been disabled as to reduce the number of writes to the USB stick for longevity. (IIRC) There might be one, but you'll have to hunt for it in the readme.
abracadabra

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:11:37 PM

Another way to force the rig into no overclocking at all is to copy the "noOC" file from /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL into the /live/image/BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE dir. Or you can do individual GPUs, you'll see all the files you can copy to that folder in the CONTROL dir. To remove that option, all you have to do is delete the file from that ACTIVE dir.

Also, if your rig is unstable and reboots, sometimes the management code (mother) will auto gen a file based on the specific GPU it had trouble with and put it in that ACTIVE dir, so that is a place to look if your wondering why it won't ever overclock again.

Lastly, I know you had a question about logs to look for, but I believe most of those services had been disabled as to reduce the number of writes to the USB stick for longevity. (IIRC) There might be one, but you'll have to hunt for it in the readme.

I'm not 100% sure, as I have not looked very closely at the perl code written by lodcrappo, but I'm not 100% sure that the /BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE stuff works with cgminer.  I was under the impression that it only worked when you used phoenix as the miner.  overclocking would be handled by atitweak as a seperate process when using phoenix.  since cgminer has it's own built in overclocking/fan control stuff noOC doesn't work.

Again, I'm not 100% sure of that.
BitMinerN8

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:04:05 PM

I'm not 100% sure, as I have not looked very closely at the perl code written by lodcrappo, but I'm not 100% sure that the /BAMT/CONTROL/ACTIVE stuff works with cgminer.  I was under the impression that it only worked when you used phoenix as the miner.  overclocking would be handled by atitweak as a seperate process when using phoenix.  since cgminer has it's own built in overclocking/fan control stuff noOC doesn't work.

Yeah, that could very well be the case. Back in the day when I was building rigs, I always started with phoenix first, got all the cards stable for a week or so, then started tweaking, OC, changing mining software etc.

Speaking of changing the mining software, has anyone seen this happen? Update to the latest cgminer 3.0.0 and when you go to compile it want you to install libusb-1.0, (For supporting BFL FPGAs) so you do an apt-get install libusb-1.0 and it does it, then you can compile, everything is fine and cgminer runs. But then when you reboot, it comes up to a Debian login screen?? Strangest thing. I was going to mess around with it again later this evening to see if I can reproduce the steps on a different USB stick.

abracadabra

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:28:37 AM

Speaking of changing the mining software, has anyone seen this happen? Update to the latest cgminer 3.0.0 and when you go to compile it want you to install libusb-1.0, (For supporting BFL FPGAs) so you do an apt-get install libusb-1.0 and it does it, then you can compile, everything is fine and cgminer runs. But then when you reboot, it comes up to a Debian login screen?? Strangest thing. I was going to mess around with it again later this evening to see if I can reproduce the steps on a different USB stick.

I've seen that happen when X takes its sweet time starting up.
lodcrappo (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:59:19 AM

Thank you very much ^^

all logs go to ram.  they are lost on reboot.  this is so your usb key doesn't stop working in a few days.

you can set up a syslog server and send the log there if you'd like, but they are unlikely to contain anything of value anyway.

99.9% chance that you are overclocking too much, or you have inadequate cooling, or inadequate power, or your hardware is just faulty.  run at stock and see if problems go away.
lodcrappo (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:01:13 AM

noOC only stops BAMT from overclocking.  if you have configured cgminer to do overclocking, you will have to disable that manually.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:23:47 AM

If you run cgminer also with "-m logput.sh" and put logput.sh in the current directory when you start cgminer
and on another machine with IP address IP run ./logget.sh

logput.sh (change IP to the target IP address)
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
cat | nc IP 7777 &
ncpid="$!"
trap "kill $ncpid" SIGINT SIGTERM EXIT
wait

logget.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
while true ; do
 echo "`date`: Opening new reader"
 nc -l 7777
 echo "`date`: Reader exited"
done

Then the target machine will see the log.
Or even in the target machine to see and save the log: ./logget.sh 2>&1 | tee log.log

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:17:46 AM

Did you guys notice an update was pushed out today? What is it?
Code:
bamt5_fix_21.tar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you wonder why there haven't been updates for a long time?
Do you wonder why version 0.6 never made it out of beta?

It's probably because you didn't donate to support the BAMT developer.

1PoRYaGS56ksQmK7XXLurW3B2zwCAE8PRc

We donated 30 BTC to make the new version and now there isn't even a home page for our ad to display on.

Same here donated over 10BTC and sold him a 7970 really cheap. Never got my name up or a working version of BAMT that supports 7970's. Pretty Shitty if you ask me.

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
mintcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:02:28 AM

Q - how to we apply those updates (like that update 21 I saw a few posts ago). Is it just through normal means (e.g. apt-get) or is through some other method?
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:38:31 AM

Q - how to we apply those updates (like that update 21 I saw a few posts ago). Is it just through normal means (e.g. apt-get) or is through some other method?

"/usr/bin/fixer"

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
Izael

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:34:55 AM

gpumon -> f / F (if you do "?" you can see the others options)
Tejsei3

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:27:48 AM

Hi,

Running phillips' 79XX build and getting "X Server Failed to Load".

I am running the following system:
motherboard: msi Z68MA-ED55 (B3)
processor: G530
ram: 2x4GB DDR3
cards: 2 sapphire 7950s

I can boot the BAMT stick just fine on my laptop but on the miner it won't load. The miner works with Windows 7. I have resistors in the graphics cards and have the monitor hooked up to the onboard video, which is where I'm seeing the message partway through the boot process.

Thanks,
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: