Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 07:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701554 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:55:02 AM

I am trying really hard to get Awesome Miner to work on my Rig. Windows sees all 8GPUs and is happy! Claymore runs great by itself. When I add in Awesome Miner runs for a few minutes then crashes/stalls and when it restarts it never gets past (GPU #2 algorithm ASM, intensity 6) it just sits there stuck. I must have something input wrong in Awesome Miner I have tried a ton of stuff but NO Go! I am trying to Mine BTG On Supernova pool using Claymores Equihash to have Awesome Miner control the Rig. Any help is much Appreciated!!

Win 10
ASUS Z270-P
Dual EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, 80+ GOLD
8GB DDR4 RAM
SSD Drive 500GB
8GPU XFX RX 580 Black 8GB Cards
Drivers Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23

Awesome Miner Config ScreenShots
https://imgur.com/a/ixF3z

You need to put the worker name in the worker name field... not in the wallet field.  If your worker name is "puwaha"... put puwaha in that field.  Then in the managed miner settings click the button to append the rig name to the worker name.  So if your rig name is "rig1", then AM will put that together to make "puwaha.rig1".  Make sure you setup the worker name in suprnova as well.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:13:43 AM

I don't think the "execute additional commands before starting the mining software" works.  I trying to get a simple .bat file working and it just doesn't work.  If the bat file contains "echo hello" then it runs but AM errors with "Failed to start miner process".  If I put in a short delay in the bat file (three seconds) then the error goes away and AM thinks it has launched the miner (but it hasn't) and a few seconds later attempts a restart.

What is the problem?   I can't possibly see how I am doing anything incorrectly.

Using the latest version of AM.
Can you try the Diagnostics button on this to see what the exact problem is?

When I tried configuring the additional batch command as the following, it works fine for the Managed Miner I tried with:
echo "hello"

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:15:41 AM

Something that is really crying out to be fixed is that starting a miner should automatically stop any other miner running on that host before it starts.  Also if a miner is set to autostart, it should disable the option on other miners on the same host.  It's messy and unprofessional that these aren't implemented.
Thanks for the feedback.

In most cases the recommendation is to use Managed Templates to switch between multiple configurations instead of having many Managed Miners for the same host.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedtemplate.aspx

There can of course be instances where you do want more Managed Miners, so I fully understand your point here.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:17:32 AM

Feature suggestion:  would be cool if you could integrate with TeamViewer and/or VNC so you could quickly remote into a rig right from the AM miner list.
This is more or less supported already. Please see "Example: Launch Remote Desktop for selected Managed Miner"
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx

If TeamViewer can be launched via the command line like Remote Desktop, it will work.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:18:47 AM

I'm mining MONA on a single 1070.  WhatToMine says it should be making $3.89 per day and AM is showing $3.93.  That's great.  But once or twice an hour AM will drop to $2.47 or something and then in a little while go back to $3.93 or whatever.  Any idea why this would be?  My hash rate is steady.  When I notice this happen I quickly bring up WhatToMine and it hasn't changed.
Is this the Current profit vs 24h average profit? Awesome Miner can be configured for this:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:22:11 AM

Anyone know if Awesome Miner can interact with rigs that are running on Simple Mining OS?

I really love Awesome Miner, but i am coming to ends with Windows itself. I have been having lots of pains with the recent changes of Windows and rigs that were super stable previously have been having random issues with the recent updates, but if i stick a thumb drive with simple mining os on the exact same rig, it becomes stable again and im no longer chasing a fan issue i have been having with my windows rigs recently. I really prefer Awesome miner due to how easy it is to use along with my ability to use it for profit switching, but im having random gpu's running away with temps and the windows miner not stopping the gpu from mining to protect it....

Not sure if im the only one having this issue, but i have been having issues with the GPU's unable to properly throttle itself with set max temp settings and adjust fan speeds via default values. Its like windows is lagging to make the communication or the drivers with the devices is having conflicts, but it started occuring with the most recent forced windows major update.

The past 3-4 weeks i have had a handful of GPU's get stuck so the fan % is locked at lets say 40% fan speed, but the temps of the GPU slowly kept climbing without the fan speed ever changing. Then i get notifications that my GPU is running hot and i have to literally fully power off the rig to gain control back of the GPU.

Example, today 1 of my 1080ti's was stuck at 27% fan speed that it dropped down to during the night period due to ambient temps in my garage in the 40's F, but during the day the temps got back up to the 70's and the GPU was running at 94C when i got home to fix it with the fan speed still stuck at 27%.
Even if Awesome Miner only runs on Windows, it can still connect to and monitor mining software running on Linux if the mining software (Claymore, EWBF, ...) is running with API enabled.

The plan for the future is to support running Remote Agent on Linux as well.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

Looks like good profit, probably because the hashrate you have is high for one of the miners. Please share details on which mining software this is and the API Report (toolbar: Tools -> API Report) can probably tell if the mining software is reporting incorrect hashrate.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:27:21 AM

hello, I just downloaded another AM on my nvidia laptop to run while I am not using it. I set it up, benchmarked it, but it only benchmarked a few, then I tried to run it after. But it keeps popping up the miner for a second then disappearing and saying interface offline on AM GUI. I looked in the logs and this is what it shows.
Code:
12/13/2017 2:10:52 AM.799 [010] [E]System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
12/13/2017 2:10:52 AM.799 [010] [E]   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at PE.Infrastructure.Web.HttpRequestHelper.GetResponseString(HttpWebRequest req)
   at PE.Infrastructure.Web.HttpRequestHelper.PerformPost(String url, String postData, WebProxy proxy, CookieContainer cookieContainer, Dictionary`2 headerDict, Boolean throwException, Boolean preventUnescapeOfSlash, String contentType, String requestMethod)

Any help would be much appreciated, as I have no clue what would cause this and have not been able to find any info as of yet to help.

Can anyone help with this? I see other people here haveing the same problem but have not received help either.

First things first... it's not a good idea to run mining software on a laptop.  They don't have the ability to keep your laptop cool for long periods of time that you would be mining.  You could potentially damage your laptop.

That being said, if you still want to try... What model GPU is in the laptop?  Which benchmarks did it complete?  Are you using a managed miner or a profit miner?  Which pool are you using?  What coin or algo are you trying to mine?

Well, now with my luck I am having the same problem with my 3 rx 580 rig. It has benchmarked all algos but was only mining to miningpoolhub with the profit miner mining all available algos.

Now for my laptop. Yes I know that it is not good to mine a lot with it, I only have it run at night in the nice and cool basement along with my 580 rig. My laptop has a NVidia GTX 1060 in it. I am currently having it benchmark again because I had deleted and re-installed the program and my miner so I cannot name off the top of my head what it was able to benchmark. I have that connected to miningpoolhub and zpool.

On both of them when I click the miner and start it, it says "interface offline" and they both give me the same error in the logs.

Thank you for your reply and help.
Can you please share some additional details here. Is ccminer window just showing and then closes? Can you click the Diagnostics button in the toolbar and see what the error message from ccminer is?
If ccminer do continue to run, do you see any progress in the console window, or is it simply hanging?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:28:01 AM

I apologize if this has been asked before, is there a way to integrate prohashing profitability? Using prohashing since nicehash is offline and can't see profitability.

(for antminers not GPUs)
Prohashing is very special as it uses the password field to specify algorithm information, and the Pool URL is always "prohashing.com:3333" no matter of what is being mined. Because of this special design of prohashing, it's not possible for any software to look at the Pool URL and see which coin or algorithm is being mined - all of them look identical. This is a major drawback in the design of prohashing and it will for that reason never be supported with profit information from Awesome Miner.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:37:02 AM

Patrike, is there any way to change miner type from Managed Miner to Managed Profit Miner and back? Some tips?
It would be extremely helpful.

Is it not possible to create another miner for the same rig?

The problem here is now you are using two of your license counts for one rig. I currently have it set up this way, one managed miner, and one managed profit miner per rig. My 20 rigs are using all 40 licenses I've paid for. When i add my next rig, changing the miner type under different scenarios would end up being a huge inconvenience. There are times when i want auto-switching based on WTM profitability and other times i want to mine new coins that are not listed. Having to remove a profit miner and add a managed miner to the same host and Awesome has now gone from helping to obstructing.

I'm sure with the proper feedback and suggestions, Patrike will improve the software. Thats what i love the most about aweome miner, the support is first class.

Patrike, is there any way to tie the license limits to managed host instead of managed miners? Or maybe have settings for both managed miner and profit miner in the same profile, and just a switch as suggested above to toggle between the two for each miner?

Yeah I wish we could do things like enable or disable specific video cards or tell the profit miner to just do a specific thing for a while without having to create a new 'miner' and waste a license. Maybe the license terms would be fairer if we could only monitor or start a certain amount of miners at once, but could at least create as many as we want to play around and test things.
Yes I too have had to buy the 10 license version so that I can have 3 miners defined for each of my 3 rigs. Still very restricting, I would like to try many different setups.
1) You can still force the profit miner to mine a specific unlisted coin. In Options dialog, Coins&Profit section, you can add a user defined coin where you also can specify high profit value for it. Then add a pool using this coin and then add the pool as a "Custom pool" to the profit switcher (Profit switching section of the Options dialog). When the profit switcher looks at what is most profitable, your user defined coin will be number one.

2) If you only have Managed Miners (not profit switching), please use the concept of Managed Template to fast change between different configurations. This can be used instead of defining two Managed Miners for a single computer. See:

3) To enable/disable video card, I assume this is about adding specific command line parameters to for example Claymore miner and the other software you use. This can be configured per profit profile (Options dialog, Profit profiles), where you can specify command line per mining software. If you have one AMD profile today, you can add another one called "AMD 4 cards only", where you setup the command line parameters for that configuration.

In the Properties of your Managed Profit Miner, you can then change between "AMD profile" and "AMD 4 cards only" to get the different behaviors you have defined. There is no need for multiple Managed Profit Miners for that scenario.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:39:49 AM

Cast 0.8 has been released, is it possible to make AM utilize this in place of 0.7 or do we have to wait for a new AM version?
I will add it to the next release of Awesome Miner.

Instead of using automatic download of mining software, you can point Awesome Miner to use any exe-file on your disk instead - for example the one for Cast 0.8. If you need to do it on a larger scale, please see:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:46:41 AM

Can you fix the flickering on the 'view details' profit switching tab?
Yes, I will correct this in the next release.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:50:42 AM

Using a remote miner, AM says the interface is offline but the miner is running and the remote port is working.  Using Claymore CryptoNight.  It sometimes works but sometimes not.  I have another remote rig where it's working all the time.
In these scenarios it's often a good idea to try the API Report button in the toolbar, to see what the output is, or if the connection is simply being blocked. The Awesome Miner log file may also indicate if there is a timeout in the API request.
How did you verify that the report port was actually working here?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:52:39 AM

I encountered a bug, mining in yiimp pools if you mine different coins but of the same algorithm the pool address and port remain the same, while the username (wallet) and password (c=coin_short_name) need to change.

Well I added like 3 or 4 pool entry all for neoscrypt coins, and when it first start mining it's all ok, but when it automatically switch to the next most profitable coin it "forget" to change username

Maybe a screenshot can explain it better

I think this is a display issue only. Awesome Miner is always trying to guess which pool you are mining on based on the response from the mining software. However, some mining software doesn't return your worker name, only the pool URL. This makes the guessing in Awesome Miner more difficult, so if you have two pools defined with the same URL and different worker names, Awesome Miner may display the incorrect one - simply because there is no way of telling.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:54:56 AM

Hi,

How do I share the telegram bot @CloudServicesBot to multiple users?
When one user logs in, the previous one logs out.

Today it's limited to a single user, but the plan is of course to allow you having multiple users for it in the future.

poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:07:47 PM

Something that is really crying out to be fixed is that starting a miner should automatically stop any other miner running on that host before it starts.  Also if a miner is set to autostart, it should disable the option on other miners on the same host.  It's messy and unprofessional that these aren't implemented.
Thanks for the feedback.

In most cases the recommendation is to use Managed Templates to switch between multiple configurations instead of having many Managed Miners for the same host.

There can of course be instances where you do want more Managed Miners, so I fully understand your point here.

Yeah I love the managed templates and use them extensively.  However I have a managed miner for each host and a profit switcher for each host.  The problem is that if I want to change a host over from a managed miner to a profit switcher, I need to be careful to stop one before starting the other.  Similarly it is currently possible for one host to have autostart set on both a managed miner and a profit switcher which is really messy when the computer starts up.

It's not a big deal but it is a nuisance and logically it would be much neater if starting one would automatically stop the other on the same host.  I don't see a downside as I can't imagine anyone wanting to run both at the same time.  I doubt it would be a big issue to implement and IMHO it would make the software tidier.

I hope you will consider it.
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:50:42 PM

Anyone know if Awesome Miner can interact with rigs that are running on Simple Mining OS?

I really love Awesome Miner, but i am coming to ends with Windows itself. I have been having lots of pains with the recent changes of Windows and rigs that were super stable previously have been having random issues with the recent updates, but if i stick a thumb drive with simple mining os on the exact same rig, it becomes stable again and im no longer chasing a fan issue i have been having with my windows rigs recently. I really prefer Awesome miner due to how easy it is to use along with my ability to use it for profit switching, but im having random gpu's running away with temps and the windows miner not stopping the gpu from mining to protect it....

Not sure if im the only one having this issue, but i have been having issues with the GPU's unable to properly throttle itself with set max temp settings and adjust fan speeds via default values. Its like windows is lagging to make the communication or the drivers with the devices is having conflicts, but it started occuring with the most recent forced windows major update.

The past 3-4 weeks i have had a handful of GPU's get stuck so the fan % is locked at lets say 40% fan speed, but the temps of the GPU slowly kept climbing without the fan speed ever changing. Then i get notifications that my GPU is running hot and i have to literally fully power off the rig to gain control back of the GPU.

Example, today 1 of my 1080ti's was stuck at 27% fan speed that it dropped down to during the night period due to ambient temps in my garage in the 40's F, but during the day the temps got back up to the 70's and the GPU was running at 94C when i got home to fix it with the fan speed still stuck at 27%.
Even if Awesome Miner only runs on Windows, it can still connect to and monitor mining software running on Linux if the mining software (Claymore, EWBF, ...) is running with API enabled.

The plan for the future is to support running Remote Agent on Linux as well.

Well let me know if you come up with some sort of demo remote agent for linux, because i am going to test things out to see if i can get it to monitor the test rig mining on linux on Awesome Miner, The part i prefer of Awesome Miner over others like Simple Mining OS is the ability to profit switch. I currently have my rigs setup on a handful of coins to jump around with and autoconvert to BTC via Bittrex conversion feature and ever since i started doing the profit switching i have managed to nearly double the profits of my single test rig i use for comparison mining zcash 100% of the time. 

Example this week i noticed Trezar Coin was skyrocketing in price, so i added it to my list of coins to jump around on, sending the coins to cryptopia and using my Gunbot panic sell mode to autosell into BTC for me, I managed to average around $12/per 1080ti this week mining that coin mostly all week long, it dipped low a lot, which i spend on Vertcoin... but for the past 7 days i averaged $12.68/per 1080ti after all exchanging.

I am just worried about the random GPU's running away on me on temps

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:53:51 PM

Using a remote miner, AM says the interface is offline but the miner is running and the remote port is working.  Using Claymore CryptoNight.  It sometimes works but sometimes not.  I have another remote rig where it's working all the time.
In these scenarios it's often a good idea to try the API Report button in the toolbar, to see what the output is, or if the connection is simply being blocked. The Awesome Miner log file may also indicate if there is a timeout in the API request.
How did you verify that the report port was actually working here?

Just opened the port in Chrome, got the output from Claymore.
Mikesol

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:06:29 PM

There seems to be a bug in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' section of your website help pages.

If I expand the line - 'How can I switch between different configurations for Managed Miners?' and follow the link there it takes me to a page about Dual mining with Claymore.

It should go to the section on defining managed templates. Unfortunately the page which talks about managed templates says nothing at all about how to define one, only that it is identical to defining a managed miner. It surely cannot be quite identical because the miner name needs to be different for each rig which uses the template.

poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:17:51 PM

There seems to be a bug in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' section of your website help pages.

If I expand the line - 'How can I switch between different configurations for Managed Miners?' and follow the link there it takes me to a page about Dual mining with Claymore.

It should go to the section on defining managed templates. Unfortunately the page which talks about managed templates says nothing at all about how to define one, only that it is identical to defining a managed miner. It surely cannot be quite identical because the miner name needs to be different for each rig which uses the template. This should be easy enough but the 'Add to worker name' tick box is greyed out on a template I am trying to make for Claymore on Ethereum. Why is this one greyed out but others are not?

I'm certainly no expert but I use and love managed templates a lot.  The reason you can't add to worker name in a template is so that it can be applied to multiple managed miners.  The managed miner will have the add to worker set.  When a template is applied, a lot can change but the add to worker stays the same which is important if you want to keep the same names for your rigs irrespective of what and where they are mining.

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: