Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:44:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of your mining rigs!  (Read 1805652 times)
vdragon

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:53:19 PM

This is what I call cooling Cheesy

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 06:05:42 PM

home made risers with "activate 1x" hotplug bridge, and additional power molex

DO NOT DO THAT!

You are giving those 12 volts back to the MB if you don't cut the wires!
You should cut the 5 power wires from the flat cable first, than solder additional power.

And if you are wondering here you will see which five lines you need to cut, than solder 12v to them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#Pinout

dual old p4 coolers to mach gpu0 and gpu1 temps
This is the stupidest thing I've seen!  Grin
At least put them to the right where the VRMs are. I can't see if you are using thermal paste but if u aren't, put lots of paste cause the surface is not perfect, and put them on the back of the VRMs, hopefully you will see a drop in the Phase Temperatures.

you dont post here if u dont know s**t!

it is ultra-super-good to sent 12v back to mobo, check pictures of burnt 12v pins @ 24pin atx when using many cards.
this is a big issue for miners.

there are even special thingies like this:

check the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9SLjiR7Q4s

to not make your mobo look like that [googled, not mine]:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53904.msg642672#msg642672

also your "stupidest thing" made my temps from 81/72/80/71 to 72/69/71/69 for free [got a lot of theese] and zero work [2 min?].  there is some thermal paste of course.
i have some radiators on the VRM's on other rigs, these two cards have nice vrm temps and are not hot over there

do not teach your father how to make kids, don't try to teach grandma how to suck eggs

i can see your homemade cables are much better :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg1520593#msg1520593

Check aaaaaaaand mate.

king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 06:42:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 07:18:10 PM by king_pin

hahaha
Check aaaaand in your A*S Cheesy
Never use such stupid things like:

So obviously you are not a total NOOB, but:
If you burn out your 24pin connector which is common for amateurs like u Smiley and you haven't cut the wires, you will burn your 24-pin and your PCIe slot! Did that cross your mind!
(of course this will doubtfully happen if you have modified all your extenders)
Now it is a very bad idea if you are using a PSU with multiple 12V rails, and/or depending on the Motherboard with.... omg I won't be explain this use google or something try "voltage equalization" idk how its called, English is not my native language.

IDK why are u explaining to me that modifying is a good thing. I didn't say don't modify, I've modified most of my extenders, but you should cut the wires!
With your two cards you wont burn anything, but try running my rigs with 6 cards and 8-10 cores per MOBO without modified extenders.

My burned homemade extender burned not where I modified it but where Gigabyte decided to put thinner wire,.. stupid GB. Cheesy

And about your stupid radiators on the back. Smiley
I bet they did lower your temp, its not a bad idea I overstated it saying it's the stupidest thing, but its funny looking. It would be much better if you put them on the right, or both sides!
I use smaller but copper radiators, as you don't know copper is much more heat conductive than aluminum. And if you are getting good temps on the VRM now, try mining Litecoins which you will have to soon, if you want to stay in the game. Smiley

Interesting. So, from what I see you replicated that power boost cable four times and feed power to PCI-E bus. But why four? Wasn´t only one enough?
He did that because just one wire is too thin!

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:05:10 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2013, 04:56:32 PM by xorxor

hahaha
Check aaaaand in your A*S Cheesy

after that you're coming back for more? you really wanna do it?  ok, lets dance

Quote from: king_pin
If you burn out your 24pin connector which is common for amateurs like u

especialy for idiots, I made some additional comment earlier:

Quote from: xorxor
to not make your mobo look like that [googled, not mine]:

so even idiot wouldn't assume I was the one failed so hard, but I overestimated you as one.
I have never ever killed any hardware by miscalculation of currents. I buy stuff burned like that fot 5% price, repair, mod and use it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you will burn your 24-pin and your PCIe slot! Did that cross your mind!

no it didn't. it doesn't work like that. atx 24pin has some electrical resistance and molex has some. together the resistance is lower - so sumary heat generated on connectors is lower AND distributed betwen molex and 24pin. that is around 4 times lower per pin. [simmilar 6A per pin for pins in atx2.0 and 2 molex pins, so simmilar resistance] but its even lower in my case cause i use gold plated pins for 12v in atx. so NO if you add more connectrion you will not burn anything, not "burn more"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it is a very bad idea if you are using a PSU with multiple 12V rails, and/or depending on the Motherboard with....

no and no , irrelevant and irrelevant.
1 no , most [way over 90%] multiple 12V rails PSU's are shorted inside. the per-line-limit is only cause of per-pin limit. simple. you can check it with a simple multimeter
2 no , motherboard doesnt matter. there are no , ZERO , motherboards that generate 12v for pci-e from some other voltage. it would be unefficient. so you can allways short 12v's
3 irrelevant, i used  a redundant server modules with single 56A lines.
4 irrelevant, i used an old mobo with a simple no control, no fuse 12v connection from atx to pci-e

there will be some fun facts at the bottom*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With your two cards you wont burn anything

if you conect 2 5970's its 4 5870 chips and 2 pcie-briges, theoreticaly 100W from pci-e bus, but I check currents every time - and they sometimes are 150% of the theory. high quality sli/crossfire mobo could provide this power but with a risk of 24pin power connector burn [8A cards, 3A mobo -its 11 from 12MAX amps at 24pin ] but to quote myself:

super old, single-core-only asus mobo with  pcie 1.0

this crap wouldn't even start on anything over 4850, to high voltage drop and card wouldn't even run VRM's

so you deffinetely should use a powered riser or power-boster on good mobo, or two in my case [shitty mobo] for safety, stability and durabality.
the only exeption are boards with additional molex to pcie bus already in place.

but try running my rigs with 6 cards and 8-10 cores per MOBO

You lie. unless you build a custom bios and a custom kernel and be one of the few to acomplish 9+ amd gpu

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=maximum+number+of+GPUs
 http://fireuser.com/blog/8_amd_firepro_s10000s_16_gpus_achieve_8_tflops_real_world_double_precision_/
 http://devgurus.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-1284414-1176/amd_stand.png

It would be much better if you put them on the right

no. it not only wouldn't rise the total heat removed from 5970 [single way air flow], but also make temp distribution betwen gpu's much worse,
and 74C + 74C is better than 75C + 45C - what would a cool gpu0 get you with gpu1 dead?

I use smaller but copper radiators

well so what. I have a big dick. does it change anything? you waned to impress someone? I use what i get, some rigs get watercooling some old p4 radiators. and actualy this particular job requires a huge contact surface and is a very low power/surface type cooling so smaller but cooper is SHIT for this use. so didn't impressed anyone here.

And if you are getting good temps on the VRM now, try mining Litecoins

not again, learn to read!

one of my 7 rig's , 1500kh :

it IS on scrypt now.

*promised fun facts at the bottom

the problem with shorting 12V lines is possible if you try to join a non-redundant type voltage curve regulators[standart atx].
you can short only regulators with guaranteed negative voltage/current curve [undercorrecting feedback], and to have a fair power distribution they should be the same type.

I do not recommend shorting a different controler outputs, other than two identical redundant modules, with exact the same workhours on them.

to join typical ATX power sources [which sometimes have an overcorrecting feedback resulting in positive voltage/current curve], you ALSO SHOULD use a powered molex, but connect them only to the mobo-powering PSU, not the GPU-powering one, to keep they 12v lines disconnected. same for true multiple rail PSU [rare] .

P.S.

come on bro, me being more educated and experienced DOESNT lower your skills!
your mods are nice, your knowledge and experience is way higher than average,
your logic is quite ok, so why are you so mad? there will allways be someone that will kick your ass, check this thread, some rigs make mine look like shit. I dont care! I'm happy to look at them. be happy for other people, dont be jealous!

PEACE!

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:38:18 AM

This is the array of ~140 Cairnsmore CM1 boards I built last summer.  The last time I had all of them hashing on a single pool they were pumping out around 115 GH/s.  Power demand is 6.5 kW, not including cooling.  I've moved them to a better location for summer, which is why I'm comfortable posting now

When I saw Skyfall I laughed at the lame crypto gear the movie's villian had.   Grin

I'd like to give a little shout out of thanks to all the folks at BFL and especially Inaba!  Without you this would never have been as profitable as it is today.  How you might ask?  Well:

• They took millions in preorder money that otherwise would have been spent on hashpower that exists and competes with me off the market for nearly a year now, and continue to do so today
  • They scared lots of other folks away from making the investment I did, since it was obviously a money loser when they would ship in October
  • They are so unbelievable incompetent, they still haven't shipped!  Meanwhile these babys are chunking out $600 / day
  • When they finally do ship, their incompetence means they won't ship much and it will be many, many months before difficulty catches up with my electric bill
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:40:43 AM

This is the array of ~140 Cairnsmore CM1 boards I built last summer.  The last time I had all of them hashing on a single pool they were pumping out around 115 GH/s.  Power demand is 6.5 kW, not including cooling.  I've moved them to a better location for summer, which is why I'm comfortable posting now

When I saw Skyfall I laughed at the lame crypto gear the movie's villian had.   Grin

I'd like to give a little shout out of thanks to all the folks at BFL and especially Inaba!  Without you this would never have been as profitable as it is today.  How you might ask?  Well:

• They took millions in preorder money that otherwise would have been spent on hashpower that exists and competes with me off the market for nearly a year now, and continue to do so today
  • They scared lots of other folks away from making the investment I did, since it was obviously a money loser when they would ship in October
  • They are so unbelievable incompetent, they still haven't shipped!  Meanwhile these babys are chunking out $600 / day
  • When they finally do ship, their incompetence means they won't ship much and it will be many, many months before difficulty catches up with my electric bill

So Sick.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:46:34 AM

Would you please keep this thread on topic and post BFL issues in usual places? You have plenty of those, thank you.

Very nice rigs BTW.
Entropy-uc

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:51:39 AM

Would you please keep this thread on topic and post BFL issues in usual places? You have plenty of those, thank you.

Very nice rigs BTW.

Feel free to ignore me. 

My post is on topic and my points about BFL here are as well.

Inaba has acted like a complete ass with me since long before he stopped pretending not to be a BFL employee and I have every right in the world to point out the facts are demonstrating I was right a year ago, and still am.
philips

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 01:53:36 AM

So you are a troll after all...pitty.  Sad
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 01:58:01 AM

Thumbs up for the rigs, and for the BLF critics Cheesy
What is in those boxes??? Filters?

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Entropy-uc

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:01:46 AM

Thumbs up for the rigs, and for the BLF critics Cheesy
What is in those boxes??? Filters?

6" vent fans for exhaust.  The big aluminum things are mufflers to cut down on the intake noise and then the boxes are full of packing peanuts to kill the fan noise.

The exhaust provides about 1kW cooling, and then the white box between the shelves is a 4kW portable AC unit (the biggest you can run off a 15A circuit)
Entropy-uc

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:02:55 AM

So you are a troll after all...pitty.  Sad

It's too bad you don't understand the difference between truth telling and trolling.

Go read my post history and see what I told people last year.  

This is my last post on the subject because the fact is, you are trolling me!
philips

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:08:43 AM

Whatever truths you want to tell, this is not the place. The forum is full of threads more appropriate to do this.This is (was) free of this bickering, and you want to bring this in here too.
Not nice.
philips

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:37:55 AM

@ Xorxor

What if instead of feeding the card from a molex connector I take 12V from here? (solder the wire on the card)

philips

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 03:21:50 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 03:46:07 AM by philips

Yes, soldered or using a connector but I was curious about the idea in general.

Still curious why the card isn't powered fully from the external 12V connection. From what I see the GPU is drawing power from the external 12V cables, while the memory is drawing power from the PCI slot on the motherboard (have no idea about fans, probably from motherboard also). (?)

I had no problems mining BTC with memory at 150 Mhz, but as soon as I raise it up to 1200 Mhz (6 cards per rig) the ATX connector was immediately hot. No damage done fortunately.
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:38:16 AM

@ Xorxor

What if instead of feeding the card from a molex connector I take 12V from here? (solder the wire on the card)

remember, if you woild power a riser form other psu than mobo:

1 you would have to insulate all 12v pins in pcie with thin film or make a power-cuting riser.
2 you can also make a slot-power-cuting riser + powered from  6pin there fore geting 100% external power and no mods to card itself.
3 if moding card-only, you can solder wire from 6pin to 12v pcie and than cut the conectors on pcb .

all those mods are possible but I do not recommend them. profits ale low and risk is high. powered riser / booster is great for most situations.

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
philips

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:59:30 AM

OK thanks. It was more like a theoretically question. I'm still gonna use molex connectors.
Cheers.
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 07:44:34 AM

That is some top notch hardcore porn, thank you for sharing, even more pictures would be appreciated. Now I need a change of pants.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 02:23:54 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 02:47:06 PM by tosku

Wow! How large was your investment, and how much have you made out of it? By the way, nice flashlight Smiley

Here's my tubminer, happily chugging away at 890 Mh/s:

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Entropy-uc

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 02:41:28 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 03:18:56 PM by Entropy-uc

That is some top notch hardcore porn, thank you for sharing, even more pictures would be appreciated. Now I need a change of pants.

Hi Iso.  Here is 1 group of 18 pulled out for flashing so that I didn't have to stand in the middle of those shelves, which was like standing in front of a pizza oven!  I hand built the molex connectors of PCI-E cables from the Seasonic 1250 gold PSUs, and you can see the up/down ribbon connectors between each pair of boards which I built myself as well.  I pulled off Enterpoint's top down fans and used side and back blowing fans so that the hot air would move away from the boards, and to reduce the stacking height.

I wish I had video of the whole thing running.  It is pretty cool with yellow leds every time a work unit is completed, greens when shares are found (about 15/s I think) and quick flashes for the IO operations.  But I could never get the lighting or perspective right.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: