Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:24:19 PM

Where can I find more information about CryptoKingdom, especially about how to play the game? I registered on the site a few months ago, but I couldn't figure out what to do next.

It is actually somewhat elusive at the moment, just like Bitcoin in 2010. Our thread in altcoin section is a good resource to start and we are soon opening the registration of new characters which has been closed for months, as we have made the game better and ready to accept new people.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:18:50 PM

Where can I find more information about CryptoKingdom, especially about how to play the game? I registered on the site a few months ago, but I couldn't figure out what to do next.

It is actually somewhat elusive at the moment, just like Bitcoin in 2010. Our thread in altcoin section is a good resource to start and we are soon opening the registration of new characters which has been closed for months, as we have made the game better and ready to accept new people.

Is your game based on monero or bitcoin?

Is it the ingame currency, that would sound like a nice feature.

digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:34:47 PM

I have no idea how CryptoKingdom works. A game like Fallout Shelter 4 that supports Monero as ingame currency to buy game items should be extremely good addition to Monero community.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:45:56 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 08:04:43 PM by dEBRUYNE

When it gets solved either (or any) way, the likely result is relief on the markets and a nice boom in bitcoin prices. Cf. XMR had the emission issue which first demolished the price to 1/4 of the previous, and when it was solved, price rose back to 0.004.

Our current lull is due to everyone thinking they have enough, and perhaps renewed hope in BTC, not many newcomers coming, 0.9 delayed and situation is not known except to a few (and others cannot decipher their statements nor believe they are truthful), and even because CK has not yet opened to general public.

I agree mostly, one remark though:

not many newcomers coming

This is probably an indirect result of 0.9 being delayed. Whether we like it or not, if a newcomer goes to the website and downloads the current binaries (0.8.8.6), he will most likely get annoyed by them, simply due to them being old and slow. So much improvement has been done this year, but unfortunately it can not be seen yet by outsiders/newcomers.

However, even though they are old and slow, I have seen a lot of new faces on our subreddit, which is growing quite gradually over the last few months. See -> https://www.reddit.com/r/monero/about/traffic

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:46:21 PM

Crypto Kingdom uses Monero as ingame currency.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:53:29 PM

Wow. How come I've just now heard of this? Is it like a faucet inside of a game? Or is XMR used to buy upgrades for better equipment in the game?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:08:56 PM

Wow. How come I've just now heard of this? Is it like a faucet inside of a game? Or is XMR used to buy upgrades for better equipment in the game?

Mostly the latter, I suggest heading over to the Crypto Kingdom bitcointalk thread or the channel on IRC to get a more detailed explanation (##crypto-kingdom on freenode, make sure to use ## instead of the regular #).

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:16:56 PM

It's both although I'm not sure whether the planned faucet function (where you earn some small amount of ingame XMR for each hour of play) is enabled yet.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:11:52 AM

It's both although I'm not sure whether the planned faucet function (where you earn some small amount of ingame XMR for each hour of play) is enabled yet.

It uses monereto as the unit of account and ingame transactional currency in every virtual world style transaction including better equipment but also food, drinks, rent, gold, land and stocks. Moneretos are transferred in the CK server system instantaneously and freely from a CK character to another. It is possible to buy more moneretos by depositing XMR to the treasurer, it is also possible to withdraw when you have an excess and you want to.

This 100% hard reserve system (the about 100,000,000,000 moneretos in the game are fully backed by 100,000 XMR) is to keep the game honest and based on value that cannot be created out of thin air at the discretion of the developers, and it is helping the game economy to be solid as well which it is.

There is currently a "faucet" giving automatic free money to all players below a certain rank (high-ranking players end up paying for it Wink )

The thing smooth mentioned that value is given per hour of play, is true as well but that one is not giving XMR rather CKG, another type of asset.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:33:25 AM

The thing smooth mentioned that value is given per hour of play, is true as well but that one is not giving XMR rather CKG, another type of asset.

Ah yes, I forgot that detail. But CKG pays dividends in moneritos...

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:16:04 AM

I have no idea how CryptoKingdom works. A game like Fallout Shelter 4 that supports Monero as ingame currency to buy game items should be extremely good addition to Monero community.

CryptoKingdom is a 90s style strategy game with a far different target market.  If you have ideas to promote the usage of Monero in additional games please share!

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:59:45 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 05:50:58 AM by ArticMine

When it gets solved either (or any) way, the likely result is relief on the markets and a nice boom in bitcoin prices. Cf. XMR had the emission issue which first demolished the price to 1/4 of the previous, and when it was solved, price rose back to 0.004.

This assumes that a solution that does not radically alter the Bitcoin social covenant by increasing the total number of Bitcoins above 21,000,000 is actually possible. Can this problem be solved in a POW coin? Yes Monero has done this. Monero's solution involves a penalty on the block subsidy for creating a oversize block, when compared to median blocksize of a recent number of blocks. This means that in order to increase the blocksize to add transactions there has to be enough fees to compensate the miner for the partial loss of the block subsidy. The results is a properly functioning supply and demand market. If demand increases this results in an increase in price which leads to an increase in supply. What is critical here is that in order for this to work there has to be a block reward, so a tail emission as in Monero is a must. I believe the chance of a viable solution for Bitcoin, that does not alter the Bitcoin emission, being found, let alone accepted by the Bitcoin community is less than 1%.

The emission issue in Monero was fundamentally different because the Monero community was choosing between two perfectly good options. In the Bitcoin case we have a choice between multiple options that do not work.

Our current lull is due to everyone thinking they have enough, and perhaps renewed hope in BTC, not many newcomers coming, 0.9 delayed and situation is not known except to a few (and others cannot decipher their statements nor believe they are truthful), and even because CK has not yet opened to general public.

CK can grow 20x or more and the Monero network would be able to scale to accommodate it; however this is not the case for many Bitcoin businesses.  

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:27:02 AM

That actually is likely to be the current status quo. Actually I am amazed that currently there is so little demand for such a great and important project.

With bitcoin, Monero and fiat money, I tend to hold or save a considerable part of it. The other part I need or like to spend. I would not hold more Monero, but with the upcoming GUI and improved database I would definitely and more frequently buy small chunks to spend online (for example pay with Monero through XMR.to the VPN provider, News Server and the encrypted mail provider Tutanota.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:45:24 AM

CryptoKingdom is a 90s style strategy game with a far different target market.  If you have ideas to promote the usage of Monero in additional games please share!

Personally, I don't think this as a "game" per se, but I think that it would be beneficial if this kind of promotion was developed or implemented in a site that gives users binary options.

People like to invest in real world companies, currencies, and assets, so maybe sometime in the future there will be an option for people to use monero for investing purposes like Bitcoin... Rather than only speculation and investing purposes of other shit coins on poloniex.

Edit: I know this is not a game too, but also it seems like people are wanting to load anonymous debit cards. I think monero would be the ultimate anonymous way to fund a debit card. I'm sure there are tons of other cool games to promote monero, but I think these would be really cool applicable tools that will help promote XMR.

fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:16:08 AM

That actually is likely to be the current status quo. Actually I am amazed that currently there is so little demand for such a great and important project.

With bitcoin, Monero and fiat money, I tend to hold or save a considerable part of it. The other part I need or like to spend. I would not hold more Monero, but with the upcoming GUI and improved database I would definitely and more frequently buy small chunks to spend online (for example pay with Monero through XMR.to the VPN provider, News Server and the encrypted mail provider Tutanota.

I have a few Monero saved. This is the only anonymous coins I have. The development is slowed a bit. That is because of the low interest in this coin. When more people come to bitcoin, they might find Monero as well.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:24:53 AM

I find it curious that your first post with your BCT account is in here, fiscorcle. Is this your first account? How did you find out about Monero?

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:47:09 AM

I find it curious that your first post with your BCT account is in here, fiscorcle.

Really? Check the "n00bs" posting on the Kraken thread at the moment.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

CK can grow 20x or more and the Monero network would be able to scale to accommodate it; however this is not the case for many Bitcoin businesses.

CK is burdening Monero (onchain) network very little. In its ingame (offchain) network, we are currently about 2,000 transactions per week.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:06:41 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 04:52:33 PM by ArticMine

CK is burdening Monero (onchain) network very little. In its ingame (offchain) network, we are currently about 2,000 transactions per week.

There is no "burden" on the Monero network even with CK becoming significantly larger than Second Life.  CK users would pay for the on chain transaction bandwith they need and the Monero network would accommodate them. It is that simple. With Bitcoin on the other hand the previous model fails and a game like CK with a user base comparable to Second Life could easily bring the current Bitcoin network to its knees just with the "very little" on chain portion of the economic activity. In fact this an excellent example as to why models such as the Lightening Network and side chains are not a solution to the fixed blocksize limit in Bitcoin.

Edit: I have a very strong issue with the term "burden" no matter how small in this context. This mindset is the result of a serious design flaw in Bitcoin that has created an artificial scarcity over the cost of processing power, digital storage, and bandwidth. These costs have plummeted over the last 50 years and these cost trends are likely to continue into the future. 

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:29:07 PM

Paying btc with xmr.to is only a temporary solution to the bigger problem of not being able to spend xmr directly.

For now you cant do much with monero, in terms of direct payments. Recently i2p enabled donations in monero, which is good first step for others:

https://geti2p.net/en/get-involved/donate

Thus, it good to show them that accepting monero was good decidsion. So, if possible send them 1 or 2 xmr.

ABout tutanota, there is also some petition to accept xmr for donations:
https://tutanota.uservoice.com/forums/237921-general/suggestions/9968298-accept-monero-xmr-for-donations

But its been quite about this for a while now. So not sure, what's happening with that.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: