Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:01:15 PM

I'll probably be selling my S4s and S4+s soon if anyone is interested. Located in Montreal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:11:32 PM

I'll probably be selling my S4s and S4+s soon if anyone is interested. Located in Montreal.

Thanks for the screen. Doesn't overclocking the unit overload the PSU?

Also the temps are surprisingly low, are you able to lower the fan speed to reduce noise?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 10:32:48 PM

Also the temps are surprisingly low, are you able to lower the fan speed to reduce noise?

No some units overclock better then others.   I personally did not push mine up that high but 212 or so freq no problems.   Get's you a little extra.

I also have 3 S4's I'm thinking about getting rid of of anyone is interested.  All one owner, and have not been pushed hard.  Mine are in US and in hand so can get shipped out quick.
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:06:48 PM

No some units overclock better then others.   I personally did not push mine up that high but 212 or so freq no problems.   Get's you a little extra.

I also have 3 S4's I'm thinking about getting rid of of anyone is interested.  All one owner, and have not been pushed hard.  Mine are in US and in hand so can get shipped out quick.

Where are you at in the US and what are you looking to get for them?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:17:29 PM

I'll see if the unit i receive can run quiet enough. If so and the price is right, i could be interested, but last time we negotiated a deal you backed out without ever giving me a reply.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:23:25 PM

I think around $500 per and I have 3 of them.  I am in midwest USA.  All have been one user (me) and are in hand have not been ran in data center environment but home miner, been treated well. 

I would not be looking to make money on shipping.  If anyone wants to make an offer feel free. 
727miner

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:46:32 PM

I think around $500 per and I have 3 of them.  I am in midwest USA.  All have been one user (me) and are in hand have not been ran in data center environment but home miner, been treated well. 

I would not be looking to make money on shipping.  If anyone wants to make an offer feel free. 

That's a fair price. What batch are they and did you have any issues with the Power supplies?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:00:40 AM

That's a fair price. What batch are they and did you have any issues with the Power supplies?

They are batch 2's.  No issues with PSU's.  Have 3 and all have been great miners for me.  Have been home miners so I stick with treated nice no bad data center use.   Also have been ran on 120 their entire life.  Doubt that matters but just in case anyone is curious.

Have never been crazy overclocked.  Highest any ever went was the 212 option, and 200 is default.   Currently turned to 200 as I am wanting to get pictures of status showing them work for day's at that.   

They have ran up to high 20 day's with no issues. One was over 30 day's on current but a storm knocked out internet so I turned them off around a week ago.   But all were high 20's and one on 30's days.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:03:17 AM

I'll see if the unit i receive can run quiet enough. If so and the price is right, i could be interested, but last time we negotiated a deal you backed out without ever giving me a reply.
One S4 is about as loud as 2 S2's or 4 S3's.  They definately belong in a garage. 
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:16:40 AM

One S4 is about as loud as 2 S2's or 4 S3's.  They definately belong in a garage. 

But the S3 i had was completely silent at low ambient temperature. It was quiet enough that it didn't raise the ambient noise that was at 40dB~. I very much doubt i could make a S4 run at 40-50dB but if i could that would be great!

At the moment i can make S5's quiet my running cool air through them. I just kind of wish i could do the same with the S4.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dmwardjr
Legendary

Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:22:20 AM

Can we stop the flaming and perhaps give me a healthy screenshot as requested yesterday? Smiley

I am supposed to come into possession of a S4 shortly. Anything i should check out first before accepting the trade?

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Miner Status dashboard so that i can see rpm/HWE%?

Here you go:

3 "X's" on board #3.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:57:57 AM

Also worth saying the 3 I am selling not a single X.  So hopefully shows the care Ive taken of them.   So around 500 per unit + shipping.   Feel free to PM if anyone is interested in all 3.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:29:56 AM

I wouldn't be too alarmed by the x's.  Reset once.  If that doesn't fix things swap the ribbon cable to another port.  If it still shows x's on that new board # it still can be the psu.  Make sure your power feeds are tight.  And yes this trouble shooting is all safe and listed at Bitmains Zendesk.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:49:29 PM

If they were stock PSUs they'd be overloaded, yes. I'm running them with 2000w server PSUs, so it's fine. I wouldn't go past 212MHz on the stock PSU, and only if running on 240v.

The temps are probably artificially low. I revered the air flow by flipping the fans, so the temp sensor is likely being hit with cooler air than normal. I cold always slow down the fans with --bitmain-homemode, but I don't bother since they're not running in my house.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:54:52 PM

Run them with --bitmain-homemode, that's what I did during the winter when they were used to heat my house and the noise was very tolerable.

Sorry for the PSU, I never got around to getting a shipping quote, That just happened to be an extremely busy work week, and now I'm using the PSU again for the time being.

Let me know if you're interested. I likely have work to do soon in Ottawa, so I could meet you in Gatineau for the sale.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:57:12 PM

Can we stop the flaming and perhaps give me a healthy screenshot as requested yesterday? Smiley

I am supposed to come into possession of a S4 shortly. Anything i should check out first before accepting the trade?

Can anyone post a screenshot of the Miner Status dashboard so that i can see rpm/HWE%?

Here you go:

3 "X's" on board #3.

The overclock makes up for the X's. They don't turn to X's at stock speeds. I could increase voltage to keep them running, but the power increase across all chips is not worth it.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 02:16:39 PM

Also worth saying the 3 I am selling not a single X.  So hopefully shows the care Ive taken of them.   So around 500 per unit + shipping.   Feel free to PM if anyone is interested in all 3.

X's will happen on any overclocked S4. They are in no way an indication of a bad unit, and they run just fine at stock clocks. I'd say units still running on the stock PSU are worse off than mine for the simple fact that they've run off the stock garbage Bitmain PSU. Those things put out some dirty, unstable power. Not too good for the hardware and will shorten their lives.

Mine have run on IBM's Delta built 2000w server power supplies for 95% of their lives, running at 225MHz for the most part undervolted to 0715v since I have that special sauce S4 firmware that Smit made for me. Running stock 200MHz only needs 0700v, making them pretty damn power efficient when combined with the high quality, high efficiency server PSUs. That firmware would likely be included with the units if you buy them from me, making you the only other person to have it other than Smit and I.

I'm looking for $450 USD per S4 since they don't come with a PSU. I can include the stock PSU if you'd like a go at fixing it, otherwise best to save the shipping weight. We can also work out including the 2000w PSU with the S4 for a good price. The PSUs would include the required 2x cooling fans, sidehack's breakout board, and 5x 16AWG sidehack cables. Plug and play, just won't run on 120v.

I'll probably sell 3x S4 and 3x S4+ to start with.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:44:45 PM

Is that smits software for voltage control available somewhere? From the chart i believe you can undervolt just a tiny bit and still run at stock/setting speed but with less watt?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:53:01 PM

Is that smits software for voltage control available somewhere? From the chart i believe you can undervolt just a tiny bit and still run at stock/setting speed but with less watt?

No, it isn't. Back in the day no one wanted to chip in to support his efforts to fix bitmain's crippled firmware, so only I got it. Any firmware after the October S4 firmware has the voltage control intentionally disabled by bitmain.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:04:31 PM

No, it isn't. Back in the day no one wanted to chip in to support his efforts to fix bitmain's crippled firmware, so only I got it. Any firmware after the October S4 firmware has the voltage control intentionally disabled by bitmain.

So you're saying that the smits's/Nicehash firmware for S4 for lower fan speed and cgminer 4.9.0 works, they just don't include voltage control? Still sound a bit vindictive to punish people who were not involved at that time even if they offer to pitch in now.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: