Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301227 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:23:10 AM

What should the fan speed be at higher temps?
Or more specific, 50 - 60 or higher, shouldn't I see 4k RPM with stock fans?

You might see 4080 or 3960 depending on the combination of temperatures.

eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:48:08 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 12:03:23 PM by eestimees

you wouldn't happen to have a product code for some suitable fans? I discovered one faulty.
EDIT: I'm asking as I noticed fan connector is bit different than regular PC cooler has...

eestimees
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 03:20:57 PM

you wouldn't happen to have a product code for some suitable fans? I discovered one faulty.
EDIT: I'm asking as I noticed fan connector is bit different than regular PC cooler has...

Corsair SP120 High Performance Editions are suitable for the front intake fans as long as you have the originals on the rear as they're the ones that do most of the static pressure work. I don't have a PN for the rear fans though.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:27:20 PM

I am still waiting on a response from Yoshi about the PSU for my S4.
Second failure in same unit, both PS ran less than 7 days.
Yoshi finally replied on Monday saying he would look into this and that I purchased my unit from a reseller who is supposed to handle all warranty. I bought on Amazon and the seller was zoomhash, but this is the first time I have heard such.
Even then Yoshi said he would look into it and make sure I received my PSU along with taking a look at two S3 boards where the login was changed and reset does not work.

I can not get an answer since Monday.

I am more disappointed with BITMAIN with each passing day.

I believe:
Quality is never an accident; It is a result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents.

I am sincere, have integrity, and if I tell you I will do something you may consider it done. If I give someone my word I will do whatever it takes to make it happen. If things beyond my influence cause the situation to change I will maintain communication at each step and make sure wherever we end up the customer is happy. I have never found a customer I can not make happy.

BITMAIN does not have integrity.
BITMAIN do not understand what customer service is in the rest of the world.
BITMAIN should have learned by now to push for customer issues to be addressed.

I am learning these things about BITMAIN now, so in that vein I am happy it is after a few purchases rather than hundreds as so many others have made and then learned these same things.

I do not want someone to come around 6 weeks later and offer me a discount or some coupons. I told Yoshi I would give them a credit card or whatever form of a deposit, even BTC, if they would simply ship the PSU.

Now, I can not even get an answer.

Are all crypto companies as big of a joke as BITMAIN and GAW?
Because in my limited time in this community this is what my experience has been.

I am confident there are some good people doing good things, but there seem to be so many more of the BITMAIN type.

Yoshi said Dogie is not an employee of BITMAIN and the community should not listen to anything he states to do regarding warranty situations. This even more shows the lack of coordination and communication  by this company. Dogie is a paid contractor for support on this forum.

My customers would have had two power supplies sitting on their steps when they arrived for work or home.
If my business model would not support such I would make changes so it did if I planned to remain in business.

In my opinion, If you do not try to make people happy and have integrity you should not sell a product to the public and BITMAIN should make serious changes to their public persona.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
sloopy

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:37:22 PM

Thank you Dogie. I see you trying to help people. It seems you are crippled in the same way we are as end users.
At the end of the day I will have this S4 running with or without help from BITMAIN.
I can also claim the BITMAIN support infrastructure makes my future plans easy to make.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:48:27 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 08:48:46 PM by mdude77

Are all crypto companies as big of a joke as BITMAIN and GAW?
Because in my limited time in this community this is what my experience has been.

Most are a joke, sadly.  Once upon a time Bitmain was #1.  I'm not sure what happened there, but they've long since last lost their way, and they don't seem to care.  People keep buying their stuff, so why should they?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 08:00:46 PM

@sloopy,

you were already told the PSU be send from the factory.  S3 control cards exchange was specially authorized for you as exception a few days ago.  

Please follow though with the RMA process if you need help.

Bitmain hardware warranty is valid for 90 days from the factory shipping date.  

If the unit was altered by 3rd party including hacking, not by malfunction or defective parts, it is not covered by the warranty.  We may provide assistance to you case by case.

defective parts exchange upon receiving the damaged item first, then the exchange item be issued to you

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:28:22 PM

Corsair SP120 High Performance Editions are suitable for the front intake fans as long as you have the originals on the rear as they're the ones that do most of the static pressure work. I don't have a PN for the rear fans though.

Many thanks

eestimees
sloopy

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:47:53 AM

BITMAINWARRANTY

Please, please, please for the love of all things unnatural in the world help me understand what you mean by "follow through with the process".
I am asking when a PSU will ship to me.
I have been asking for 4 days.
Please answer this or tell me how to follow through the process and where to ask myself. Do not tell me Yoshi. Unless there was some type of personal emergency which kept him tied up, I deserve(d) a response.

How did I deviate from the normal process?
 The first B@ PSU failure:
I printed the complete invoice from amazon showing every detail, scanned a copy and included it in the e-mail, I typed a very descriptive e-mail including all contact information and what happened with the failure. This was the first time, I dealt with the guys in Colorado and they took care of it. I had a PSU shipped the same day they received mine. Things happen, sometimes there is a failure. Dogie helped me troubleshoot that failure and other great members here. You told me to email Yoshi.
I sent Yoshi the invoice, the methods used in troubleshooting. Screenshots of the thread and PMS with BITMAIN Warranty, per BITMAIN warranty request. BITMAIN WARRANTY REQUEST TOLD ME TO EMAIL YOSHI.
I think I go above and beyond in these situations to provide everything requested and anything else I think you may want.

I followed every instruction from you, Dogie, and Yoshi. If you want to tell me how I did something incorrectly I am happy to listen.
If you want me to do nothing, then you should help me with information.

As a customer who is under warranty, and the BS about the re-seller covering warranty, fine, why did you not at least be a good manufacturer, or integrator, and get in touch with your re-seller and help make sure the end user receives good service so they purchase from you again in the future?

Do you think I know when the PS is shipping yet I am still asking when it is shipping?
No returned calls, or e-mails to yoshi. I left a short voice mail in Colorado today, no response.

Are you going to tell me you wouldn't be slightest aggravated if you couldn't get an answer of when the PSU will ship?

I do not know what the reference to deviation from normal warranty procedure is. The only people I have spoken with about this are you, Yoshi, and Dogie helped me, with several items. He does a great service for your company. The drama regarding BIAS is BS too. Of Course he will be more bias, it is human nature, but the knowledge he gains and imparts through being even more heavily evolved is one of the reasons something you hired him / subcontract him to handle, and he does. Sure he makes mistakes, but from what I have read Dogie has matured and become / becoming an even bigger asset, and because I mentioned I troubleshot this with Dogie I get in all Caps DOGIE DOES NOT WORK FOR BITMAIN, DOGIE CANNOT APPROVE WARRANTY something to that affect. If you want the exact quote just let me know I will ss the e-mail, but I am saying you made a good choice now teach, train, mold, and realize.

blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:04:52 AM

Hi,
I have 6 Antminer s4.
One of them have a problem. after 5 to 7 hours mining, stop mining without any error and i have to restart it manually. I try several times  to flash firmware but i got error during check the firmware with Antminer( connection reset) and i have to restore the miner.
sorry for english.
thanks

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:44:57 AM

PSU died last Sunday. Reported the details to Bitmain, got the replacement PSU yesterday.

Excellent service!

Thanks a lot.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 12:58:03 PM

DOGIE DOES NOT WORK FOR BITMAIN, DOGIE CANNOT APPROVE WARRANTY

What he's saying is that I can't contract Bitmain to make warranty decisions, sales directly etc etc as I'm not a warranty. Which is true, I don't have legal control of these things.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

Hi,
I have 6 Antminer s4.
One of them have a problem. after 5 to 7 hours mining, stop mining without any error and i have to restart it manually. I try several times  to flash firmware but i got error during check the firmware with Antminer( connection reset) and i have to restore the miner.
sorry for english.
thanks

What firmware are you on now and what firmware are you trying to flash to? If it really doesn't work then we can get it sorted with the below method.

If your other units have upgraded correctly it might be easier to clone one of those SD cards. Make sure the good unit is set to DHCP first otherwise you'll get an IP conflict. Download SD card imager and use to make a copy of a good SD card. Then use it again to flash the created image to the bad card.

blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:29:35 PM

Hi,
I have 6 Antminer s4.
One of them have a problem. after 5 to 7 hours mining, stop mining without any error and i have to restart it manually. I try several times  to flash firmware but i got error during check the firmware with Antminer( connection reset) and i have to restore the miner.
sorry for english.
thanks

What firmware are you on now and what firmware are you trying to flash to? If it really doesn't work then we can get it sorted with the below method.

If your other units have upgraded correctly it might be easier to clone one of those SD cards. Make sure the good unit is set to DHCP first otherwise you'll get an IP conflict. Download SD card imager and use to make a copy of a good SD card. Then use it again to flash the created image to the bad card.
My asic has the latest version and i tried to flash the same version.
Yes, I have other unites. thanks i try that.

Kaucito

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:42:04 PM

Hi, there is a mod to make s4 psu to automatic turn on after a power failure? i mean if i have a electric blackout, i have to turn on manually.

Thanks.  Huh Huh Huh Huh
sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Are we there yet?

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 09:24:56 PM

Hi, there is a mod to make s4 psu to automatic turn on after a power failure? i mean if i have a electric blackout, i have to turn on manually.

Thanks.  Huh Huh Huh Huh

None so far.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 07:21:52 AM

Hi,
I have 6 Antminer s4.
One of them have a problem. after 5 to 7 hours mining, stop mining without any error and i have to restart it manually. I try several times  to flash firmware but i got error during check the firmware with Antminer( connection reset) and i have to restore the miner.
sorry for english.
thanks

My asic has the latest version and i tried to flash the same version.
Yes, I have other unites. thanks i try that.

Yeah that would be best, let me know how you get on.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:08:15 AM

FYI, since I now have S4s "offsite", I added remote monitoring capabilities for S4s to my monitoring app.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596178.msg10250450#msg10250450

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Are we there yet?

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:11:35 PM

Happy happy! Got my replacement fans via UPS.

Thank you very much Yoshi and Bitmanwarranty for your excellent service.

I may get a handful from some ppl here but it does help to be polite when asking for help, even though the fault is not with us. We are customers yes, but the rule "Customers are always right" is bullshit and I'm a business owner myself. We are all humans and tend to be bias. I tend to serve those that are polite and not screaming their lungs out with better and faster service.

Just my 2 sats.

sloopy

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:50:59 PM

Happy happy! Got my replacement fans via UPS.

Thank you very much Yoshi and Bitmanwarranty for your excellent service.

I may get a handful from some ppl here but it does help to be polite when asking for help, even though the fault is not with us. We are customers yes, but the rule "Customers are always right" is bullshit and I'm a business owner myself. We are all humans and tend to be bias. I tend to serve those that are polite and not screaming their lungs out with better and faster service.

Just my 2 sats.

I am happy to see you were taken care of. I hope to see more posts with the same message.
While I do not own the business I try to treat it like I do. There were 6 when I started and we are at 100 now. I do always treat the customer as though they are right, I always try to, but I make mistakes.

When I am the customer I have high expectations, especially of upper management and ownership.

As a customer, I will provide anything requested and follow any policy in place, even the ones I find out about after the fact. I did receive two S3 control boards from BITMAIN on Friday. Those two units are running. Thank You BITMAIN.

IT would be absolutely great if I could hear a status, ETA, short e-mail, phone call, or anything about the S4  PSU I sent back a week ago.

sEpuLchEr I truly am happy they knocked yours out of the park, and when my first PSU died I was cordial, everything happened and I received a different PSU within 5 or 6 days I think. I would need to check to make sure but I think it died on a Tuesday, I worked with them Wednesday evening troubleshooting, shipped Thursday, they had it Friday, they shipped the following Monday and I had on Tuesday evening.
The only thing I could do better as an owner would be to ship the part the day it fails, and BITMAIN should offer something when a PSU with the history of this unit and PSU replacements like that fails in a unit that had 1 week of age at that point.
I was still polite when it failed the second time about 1 week later. I sent everything I was asked, but was told to send it to Yoshi. I was told that even though I bought from Amazon, I did not buy from BITMAIN, I bought through ZOOMHASH, but Yoshi said he would handle it anyway. I offered a credit card, BTC, whatever was needed because I was sending the two control boards in as well. He told me he may have the PSU sent from the Factory, but that since I was in the US it may also be in Colorado. He said the computer didn't show one in Colorado, but that he would check and let me know.

After a couple of days I started getting concerned as this unit cost me $1,100.00 and had run a week. Of course then was when I started reading all of the horror stories about the PSUs, only being able to run on certain pools, SD cards, but I know how these things happen.
I e-mailed again politely. I called and left a simple message to please call me in Denver.

I have not been contacted by anyone and I start getting pretty upset. I start thinking through all of the BITMAIN products I have (far less than most here I'm sure) and I get more upset. I came here and ranted. I see some other people pretty upset dealing with power supply issues during batch 1, some batch 2, and both of mine are batch 2 power supplies.

I wanted to tell you that you are obviously correct. I lost my temper and typed a negative message after several days without a response and the beat goes on, several more days and still no response. I mean after a week do you have the right to be upset and get heated or when is the time, how long should it take to hear something?

I am happy you received the fans. What unit are those going in? I am picking up some fans as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: