Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:33:41 AM

My S4 was running good for about 3 days then it started again with LCD screen going blank and stop hashing. After I hard booted, it last for another hour some times less than an hour and some times little more than an hour but it stop hashing regardless. Temperature never went up more than 53. Can anyone give me some idea? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandhog

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:31:29 PM

My S4 was running good for about 3 days then it started again with LCD screen going blank and stop hashing. After I hard booted, it last for another hour some times less than an hour and some times little more than an hour but it stop hashing regardless. Temperature never went up more than 53. Can anyone give me some idea? Huh
I think it had something to do with ventilation. When miner was hashing continuously, weather was cold so it didn't make a difference. But weather has been unseasonably warmer and exhaust fan against the wall was blow back to PSU of the miner which cause to stop hashing. I'm not sure but once I let exhaust fan to open area, it went back to normal. I'm a genius.  Grin
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

I think it had something to do with ventilation. When miner was hashing continuously, weather was cold so it didn't make a difference. But weather has been unseasonably warmer and exhaust fan against the wall was blow back to PSU of the miner which cause to stop hashing. I'm not sure but once I let exhaust fan to open area, it went back to normal. I'm a genius.  Grin

I was just about to say, if the unit is hard powering off then there is only one culprit.

Sandhog

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

I think it had something to do with ventilation. When miner was hashing continuously, weather was cold so it didn't make a difference. But weather has been unseasonably warmer and exhaust fan against the wall was blow back to PSU of the miner which cause to stop hashing. I'm not sure but once I let exhaust fan to open area, it went back to normal. I'm a genius.  Grin

I was just about to say, if the unit is hard powering off then there is only one culprit.
I'm very sure you would have told me if I posted a picture where I setup my S4 in the kitchen counter top with exhaust fan back to the wall. I learned through trial and error trying different things and finally dawn on me that hash boards' temperature are okay PSU temperature was getting hot and protecting itself from over heating. Everything is back to normal hashing away average of 2.2 Th/s. That's 10% better than advertised.  Smiley 
taweesak

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:59:29 AM

my s4 antminer have just arrived a few hour ago and this is its status . is it ok?

http://i59.tinypic.com/6srtp2.jpg

thank you for everyone who answer my question about money tranfer and bitmain delivery a few day ago  Grin
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

my s4 antminer have just arrived a few hour ago and this is its status . is it ok?

[IMG]

thank you for everyone who answer my question about money tranfer and bitmain delivery a few day ago  Grin

Looks OK,

But I would advise to also set-up back-up pools 1 and 2. If your primary pool 0 goes down for whatever reason, you at least don't lose mining time (I am on a pool with several pool locations so all I did was set up the same pool three times, but with different extensions like: *.US1, *.UK1 and *.NL1...

Further more keep an eye on that "ASIC status". If those o's turn in to x's then those chips aren't functioning at best. If too much x's show up a hard reset should do the trick most of the times...

Good luck and enjoy!

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
taweesak

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:13:26 PM

[IMG]

thank you for everyone who answer my question about money tranfer and bitmain delivery a few day ago  Grin

Looks OK,

But I would advise to also set-up back-up pools 1 and 2. If your primary pool 0 goes down for whatever reason, you at least don't lose mining time (I am on a pool with several pool locations so all I did was set up the same pool three times, but with different extensions like: *.US1, *.UK1 and *.NL1...

Further more keep an eye on that "ASIC status". If those o's turn in to x's then those chips aren't functioning at best. If too much x's show up a hard reset should do the trick most of the times...

Good luck and enjoy!

thank you  Grin first i set 2 pool and confuse about their speed when i checked at the pool website . i will set as your advice soon
lanfeusst

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:28:02 PM

[IMG]

thank you for everyone who answer my question about money tranfer and bitmain delivery a few day ago  Grin

It's not ok.
Your diff is not good (64) and your pool won't reward you correctly.
You must set the minimal difficulty to 2048 in your pool settings. If your pool doesn't allow that,
you have to change the pool for another one (bitminter, BAN, slush, ...)
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

[IMG]

It's not ok.
You must set the minimal difficulty to 2048 in your pool settings. If your pool doesn't allow that,

Good catch! Did not notice that...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
taweesak

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:19:59 PM

[IMG]

It's not ok.

now i try bitminter change difficulty to 2048 and diff is 2.05K is it correct?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

[IMG]

It's not ok.

now i try bitminter change difficulty to 2048 and diff is 2.05K is it correct?

Yes that's correct. In the future double check the hash rate displayed on your pool to make sure its the same or near enough what the miner is displaying. After all, what your pool displays is what you end up getting paid on.

bond007taz

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:16:14 AM

I have a S4 B1 and S4 B2. The S4 B1 is working great but the new B2 that i got in a couple weeks ago worked great for the first few days now I cant get it to hash more than a couple hours. The box would stop hashing but it would stay on, the fans on with a blank (but lit) LCD screen.

I re-seated the SD card and it worked for about 10 hours and started doing the same thing. It works if I turn the power off and turn it back on, but only hashes for a couple hours.

I got a new SD card and flashed the image from the original SD and that worked for a few hours and then it stopped hashing.

I emailed tech support and they sent me an image that I flashed to the new SD card and the same issue.

This is frustrating! I know it works, I just dont understand why it keeps stopping.

well I thought I had a fix to this but it started happening after 24 hours. I have been in touch with BITMAIN tech support and I am getting frustrated. I have asked for a RMA or a replacement motherboard and power supply to try. I think the hashing blades are OK as I have disconnected them one by one and they hash fine for 30 hours. However, when I connected all 4 of them together the unit stops hashing after a few hours but is still on and I can ping/manage the device via it's IP address. I dont see any "xxxxxxxxx" in the "miner status" screen.

I think it is the power supply, i think the load is too much and one time i heard a click when it stopped hashing. I have another S4 but it uses the PCI-E power supply where this new S4 does not, so i can't test that.

It hashes fine with just 3 blades hashing, so that is what I have running now for the past few days so I can get some value out of this S4. I hope that BITMAIN helps me on this one. I have not had any major issues with my other S4 or my S3's. I really do like BITMAIN products...
Kexkey

Activity: 237

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:41:52 AM

Hi there!

I have some S4 running at BTCGuild (2048 diff) and some at another pool (around 1700 diff, varying). The ones at Guild are all showing zero bestshare, the ones at the other pool are showing actual bestshare values.  Hash rate seems good, better actually at BTCGuild than the other pool.  Does anyone have an idea what could be the bestshare problem?

Thanks!

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 04:45:07 AM

PM sent!!!

I have a S4 B1 and S4 B2. The S4 B1 is working great but the new B2 that i got in a couple weeks ago worked great for the first few days now I cant get it to hash more than a couple hours. The box would stop hashing but it would stay on, the fans on with a blank (but lit) LCD screen.

I re-seated the SD card and it worked for about 10 hours and started doing the same thing. It works if I turn the power off and turn it back on, but only hashes for a couple hours.

I got a new SD card and flashed the image from the original SD and that worked for a few hours and then it stopped hashing.

I emailed tech support and they sent me an image that I flashed to the new SD card and the same issue.

This is frustrating! I know it works, I just dont understand why it keeps stopping.

well I thought I had a fix to this but it started happening after 24 hours. I have been in touch with BITMAIN tech support and I am getting frustrated. I have asked for a RMA or a replacement motherboard and power supply to try. I think the hashing blades are OK as I have disconnected them one by one and they hash fine for 30 hours. However, when I connected all 4 of them together the unit stops hashing after a few hours but is still on and I can ping/manage the device via it's IP address. I dont see any "xxxxxxxxx" in the "miner status" screen.

I think it is the power supply, i think the load is too much and one time i heard a click when it stopped hashing. I have another S4 but it uses the PCI-E power supply where this new S4 does not, so i can't test that.

It hashes fine with just 3 blades hashing, so that is what I have running now for the past few days so I can get some value out of this S4. I hope that BITMAIN helps me on this one. I have not had any major issues with my other S4 or my S3's. I really do like BITMAIN products...

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Kexkey

Activity: 237

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:46:04 AM

I could not make my S4 boot itself to hashing without fan1 plugged.  I have to unplug one of my S1's fan and connect it to my S4's fan1 connector so that it boots correctly.  Maybe something's wrong with my S4 but it won't mine with a missing fan.

Now I'm looking for a compatible fan online, since Bitmain asked me to buy a new unit to get a new fan.

Have you tried swapping the fan cables over so fan1 is connected?

Interesting, I will try it.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey Dogie, just wanted to tell you that swapping the fans so that fan4 is not connected did the trick!  Thanks for suggesting!

Kexkey

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:17:10 AM

Thanks for quoting the original problem. It does sound like something power / heat related to power. I am worried that because you managed to significantly extend the interval between restarts that it may still be something to do with the positioning. Have you tried swapping the positioning with your other s4 entirely?

After that, contact BitmainWarranty to arrange a PSU swap. Make sure to tell them what variant of PSU you have.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:17:56 AM

I could not make my S4 boot itself to hashing without fan1 plugged.  I have to unplug one of my S1's fan and connect it to my S4's fan1 connector so that it boots correctly.  Maybe something's wrong with my S4 but it won't mine with a missing fan.

Now I'm looking for a compatible fan online, since Bitmain asked me to buy a new unit to get a new fan.

Have you tried swapping the fan cables over so fan1 is connected?

Interesting, I will try it.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey Dogie, just wanted to tell you that swapping the fans so that fan4 is not connected did the trick!  Thanks for suggesting!

Kexkey

No problem

Sandhog

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:50:37 PM

Same things happen to me. blades temperature was only 53 degrees but I think PSU was getting hotter due to not getting ventilation. Once I re-position the miner, it start to work again. It seemed to happen when ambient temperature gets warm. Also, I set the frequency back to default 200 unless when I'm home to keep an eye out since it stop hashing after few hours while fan is still running at any other setting. It was annoying to see miner stop mining while at work and couldn't hard reboot until I got home. Anyhow, my new method has been working and hope it continued to work. Once weather starts warming up, I won't be able to run my miners due to heat. 
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:56:10 AM

Hi there!

I have some S4 running at BTCGuild (2048 diff) and some at another pool (around 1700 diff, varying). The ones at Guild are all showing zero bestshare, the ones at the other pool are showing actual bestshare values.  Hash rate seems good, better actually at BTCGuild than the other pool.  Does anyone have an idea what could be the bestshare problem?

Thanks!

It's an Antminer bug.  All of them after the S1 don't show best share if the difficulty is a factor of 2, say 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. 

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:17:32 AM

Hi there!

Thanks!

It's an Antminer bug.  All of them after the S1 don't show best share if the difficulty is a factor of 2, say 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc. 

M

Isn't best share just an indicator of how 'close' your random chance got to finding a block? Is there another use for it?

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: