Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

For the people that got their new PSU or if it's on the way, did Bitmain send you a tracking number for their new PSU?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:08:31 AM

Pool   URL   User   Status   Priority   GetWorks   Accepted   Rejected   Discarded   Stale   Diff   Diff1#   DiffA#   DiffR#   DiffS#   LSDiff   LSTime
stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334
1PEapF6rZNMkykfoJrfDSKT4Z7neGbF5ku_S4-1
Alive
0:00:13

So does this appear in line with what others are getting in terms of accepted vs. discarded?
My accepted/discards ratio is also showing very high discards compared to every other miner I have. Normally Accepted outpaces discards by 2:1 give or take. With the s4 the discards are massively x more than accepted. But, as long as the pools are happy, whatever...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:21:01 AM

Pool   URL   User   Status   Priority   GetWorks   Accepted   Rejected   Discarded   Stale   Diff   Diff1#   DiffA#   DiffR#   DiffS#   LSDiff   LSTime
Alive

So does this appear in line with what others are getting in terms of accepted vs. discarded?
My accepted/discards ratio is also showing very high discards compared to every other miner I have. Normally Accepted outpaces discards by 2:1 give or take. With the s4 the discards are massively x more than accepted. But, as long as the pools are happy, whatever...

Discards mean nothing, people need to stop looking at them.

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

Alive

I appreciate your guides and if this comment was in a different thread, it'd hold some weight with me.  I also appreciate you disclosing your paid status with Bitmain.  The community has been hurt too much from shills/shysters, poor manufacturers etc.  There's very little trust left for paid representatives. I hope you understand and there's no intentional ill will, but my opinion of your posts in this thread are marginal at best. Obviously YMMV.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:36:13 AM

Thank you so much for the time you've invested to make the S4 more funtional, ckolivas. I'm going to send you a donation tomorrow morning.

I'd like to try ck's new version tomorrow, but I have no idea how to go about updating cgminer. Can anyone shed some light, or point me towards a guide?
Assuming your S4's IP address was say 192.168.1.99:

Code:
ssh -l root 192.168.1.99 (or equivalent with putty)
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s4/4.6.1-141018/cgminer
mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer.bak
chmod +x cgminer
mv cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart

I think that might not keep across a power cycle though.

You were right, the changes don't stick across a power cycle. Is there any way to make them permanent?
Ditto. Anyway to make the new binary stick? I see Bitmain removed the tab for tinkering with the individual 'ux programs. Don't want to have to get more always-on-line UPS's for them...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:15:05 AM

According to "Bitmain employee of the Year" dogie in his updated "no conflict of interest here" manufacturer trustworthiness guide - these are classed as "minor" problems, so obviously they are not too bothered about it. Their "please wait patiently" phrase is one of their favourites, ask any S2 owner, they've been "waiting patiently" for 9 weeks now......and still nothing  Roll Eyes

dogie is an employee of Bitmain and there is a conflict of interest in conscious or unconscious level.
So, dogie statement should be considered as Bitmain's even if he is not agreeing that there is no conflict of interest.
It's already evident in his messages.

Wrong thread.
This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

Wrong thread.

Its hard to properly rate a company that is paying you

So this is the proof for what I said, the unconscious work of inner mind.
He's trying to find other mistakes without knowing that he fired it.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:01:41 AM

Its hard to properly rate a company that is paying you
But dogie promised to be objective, doesn't he?

Maybe breaking the promises is new Bitmain's tradition...  Sad

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Egregious

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:28:12 AM

Have my AntMiner S4 on 0.725V and 225M frequency running perfectly:
https://i.imgur.com/3UpvBY5.jpg
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:28:43 AM

Let's keep the topic focused on Antminer S4 support. If you want to hammer Dogie, should do it in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread of his.

So far, the Bitmain compensation is ok and I'm not sure what other company would do this. Yes this is what SHOULD Be done and we're entitled to it but what other manufacturer has such ethics?
Bitmain has agreed to compensate my kaboom S4 despite me having my PSU failed shortly after the announcement. I will keep everyone posted on how this goes.

Anybody has any experience of Antminer S4 on P2Pool? I just started pointing it to my P2Pool node. Seems ok so far with the locked difficulty.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
unrealistic

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:55:15 AM

Have my AntMiner S4 on 0.725V and 225M frequency running perfectly:
https://i.imgur.com/3UpvBY5.jpg

Nice, howlong they have been uptime till no error ?
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:49:44 AM

I also run 225, and have had zero issues. Longest uptime so far would be about ~3 days on my first batch S4, but it's PSU is kaput. This is my batch 2 S4, no issues running 225 either since I received it:

1530w at the wall, ~1345w at the PSU so still in spec. ~0.68w/GH @ wall.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:26:34 AM

I appreciate your guides and if this comment was in a different thread, it'd hold some weight with me.  I also appreciate you disclosing your paid status with Bitmain.  The community has been hurt too much from shills/shysters, poor manufacturers etc.  There's very little trust left for paid representatives. I hope you understand and there's no intentional ill will, but my opinion of your posts in this thread are marginal at best. Obviously YMMV.

Maybe if I quote ck people will believe me... the same message applies to ALL hardware, discards are meaningless.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709503.msg8018688#msg8018688

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:35:11 PM

I appreciate your guides and if this comment was in a different thread, it'd hold some weight with me.  I also appreciate you disclosing your paid status with Bitmain.  The community has been hurt too much from shills/shysters, poor manufacturers etc.  There's very little trust left for paid representatives. I hope you understand and there's no intentional ill will, but my opinion of your posts in this thread are marginal at best. Obviously YMMV.

Maybe if I quote ck people will believe me... the same message applies to ALL hardware, discards are meaningless.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709503.msg8018688#msg8018688
Works for me, like I said if the Pools don't care we shouldn't either.
I *am* curious what they are. Shares/data too small to process? Gonna have to look that up

dlowings

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:10:55 PM

Alive

I appreciate your guides and if this comment was in a different thread, it'd hold some weight with me.  I also appreciate you disclosing your paid status with Bitmain.  The community has been hurt too much from shills/shysters, poor manufacturers etc.  There's very little trust left for paid representatives. I hope you understand and there's no intentional ill will, but my opinion of your posts in this thread are marginal at best. Obviously YMMV.

For what it's worth the developer of CGminer has commented on the Discards, he also said it is a number that should not matter and questions why they added it to the GUI .

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
dlowings

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:14:10 PM

Let's keep the topic focused on Antminer S4 support. If you want to hammer Dogie, should do it in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread of his.

So far, the Bitmain compensation is ok and I'm not sure what other company would do this. Yes this is what SHOULD Be done and we're entitled to it but what other manufacturer has such ethics?
Bitmain has agreed to compensate my kaboom S4 despite me having my PSU failed shortly after the announcement. I will keep everyone posted on how this goes.

Anybody has any experience of Antminer S4 on P2Pool? I just started pointing it to my P2Pool node. Seems ok so far with the locked difficulty.

Lets not celebrate yet… I still have a dead S4 dead PSU and no 10 day mining compensation, going on 14 days …… last email from bitmain was basically " check is in the mail " Still have seen nothing ...

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
dlowings

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:02:52 PM

Lets not celebrate yet… I still have a dead S4 dead PSU and no 10 day mining compensation, going on 14 days …… last email from bitmain was basically " check is in the mail " Still have seen nothing ...

update, Just got a confirmation …

On Oct 22, 2014, at 1:38 PM, Bitmain Tech <info@bitmaintech.com> wrote:

Hi,
Tracking number for the one good replacement is UPS: #ZR#####D#########, We'll ship out the other two PSU ASAP.
don't drop the original PSU immediately, we may arrange the PSU returned to us later.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

So I guess I'm still on pins and needles with my other two units, and still no word on their "10 day mining refund" going on 14 days, and I suspect it will take up to 5 days for the PSU to get here.

PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 07:12:17 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 11:00:19 PM by PatMan

update, Just got a confirmation …

On Oct 22, 2014, at 1:38 PM, Bitmain Tech <info@bitmaintech.com> wrote:

Hi,
Tracking number for the one good replacement is UPS: #ZR#####D#########, We'll ship out the other two PSU ASAP.
don't drop the original PSU immediately, we may arrange the PSU returned to us later.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

So I guess I'm still on pins and needles with my other two units, and still no word on their "10 day mining refund" going on 14 days, and I suspect it will take up to 5 days for the PSU to get here.

So you're waiting for 3 PSU's? Why the hell don't they ship all 3 at the same time Huh Roll Eyes

I'm sooooo glad I held back on the S4, what a balls-up it is......

With regards to your p2pool question, ckolivas has compiled a working cgminer version for the S4 & p2pool - I hear it works well:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.msg9244053#msg9244053

EDIT: Anyone wants a S4 coupon? S3+ coupons? (Sold, pending payment) Make me a silly offer.......

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
dlowings

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:19:43 PM

This is the only reason I made my Bitmain transaction public … I think in terms of transparency Bitmain may see that they need changes in their business model and if they don't the open transparency will give future customers a moment of pause. I honestly think Bitmain was at the top of the game 7 or 8 months ago, but in that time I have seen a move in business practices that do not benefit the "hardware" customer in the least . Their cloud product has clearly become a conflict of interest like a few other things, we call that a trend in business practices … I have spent a LOT of money on their rack mount products in the past, I have said a lot of good words about their product in local user groups "in the past" … To see the company go this route is very sad in my mind.

that is my opinion .

pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:57:04 PM

What happens if I see this? Chain #3 just suddenly died on me after about three days of mining. Restarting didn't help at all:

Have you tried undoing any overclocking you did and then restart it?
Egregious

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

What happens if I see this? Chain #3 just suddenly died on me after about three days of mining. Restarting didn't help at all:
https://i.imgur.com/8nRX5v1.jpg

Have you tried undoing any overclocking you did and then restart it?

Thanks for the help, I powered off the miner for five minutes and then restarted it once again. That seemed to fix the problem. What's the maximum safe operating temperature for the miner? Just curious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: