Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:10:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301221 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 02:16:19 PM

Bitmain do not offer FREE Shipping.

IF miner will be returned to Bitmain customer not receive refund.
Bitmain ask customer to pay for shipping cost.

This is NOT "FREE" Shipping.

Its free shipping on the black friday S4 pack.

etile

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:23:34 PM

No, free shipping means that cost of shipping for customer is zero.

But Bitmain can ask customer for shipping cost compensation.
This option should not be called "free shipping".

"Shipping included" may be.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 03:06:05 PM

No, free shipping means that cost of shipping for customer is zero.

But Bitmain can ask customer for shipping cost compensation.
This option should not be called "free shipping".

"Shipping included" may be.

... you pay for shipping either way, Santa Claus doesn't deliver miners.

WayKewl

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

Dang, I had it up and running and then had to go change something.
First start had no display and forum help said to pop out card, back in, reboot. This worked… DHCP assigned an IP and it was displayed in the LED. So far so good.

I logged in, changed the password, and Hostname to AntMinerS4 (I also have an S3 so I added S4 as not to conflict with DNS name).
Changed Pools and all worked great all night.

So here’s where it goes wrong. I went to the NETWORK tab and changed the Subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway and DNS to my Router, 192.168.1.1. I had NOT yet changed the setting from DHCP to STATIC before hitting SAVE and APPLY. Once the S4 rebooted the LED displayed the local loopback 127.0.0.1 instead of an allocated IP. So, I rebooted again and this time I have no display again.
I’m trying to do a factory reset on it and just leave the NETWORK setting alone but can’t seem to get the unit to reset. Not 100% sure how to do this. From what I’ve read, you press a paper clip into the small hole at the bottom left of the LED panel for 3+ seconds to reset. I’ve also read the red light will blink and then it should restart. With the unit on, when I press the paper clip in and hold for 10 seconds and remove, nothing happens…

Am I doing something wrong in order to get the unit to factory reset all settings?
huffdaddy5

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:04:47 PM

apparently, Bitmain does not offer sending directly to Umisoo for hosting anymore. does anyone know why oe if there is a decent alternative? I'd like to order some more S4s, but it's impossible for me to host them.

Did bitmain or one of it's employees ever comment on this? Speculation was they were too dangerous to host.

Whose speculation? Do you have a link?

Haven't heard that one either, I was thinking (pure speculation) maybe saving room for the S5's? did email them but haven't heard back yet.

I'll let you know.

I'd like to know as well because I have 2 S4's (latest batch) on Umisoo hosting. In the first week i've already had issues with both. The first s4 PSU completely went out, then for some reason the 2nd s4 was only running 3 out of 4 boards. I had to catch both of these issues and alert them to the problems. I wonder if its just coincidence or if these are running hot, because I have no way to check the miner status on these. My s4 that I'm running at home hasn't had an issue yet. I'm tempted to just eat the shipping cost after the first month and ship them into the US to the Toomim Bros hosting http://toom.im/.
Bitkoinzz

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:00:29 PM

First start had no display and forum help said to pop out card, back in, reboot. This worked… DHCP assigned an IP and it was displayed in the LED. So far so good.

I logged in, changed the password, and Hostname to AntMinerS4 (I also have an S3 so I added S4 as not to conflict with DNS name).

So here’s where it goes wrong. I went to the NETWORK tab and changed the Subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway and DNS to my Router, 192.168.1.1. I had NOT yet changed the setting from DHCP to STATIC before hitting SAVE and APPLY. Once the S4 rebooted the LED displayed the local loopback 127.0.0.1 instead of an allocated IP. So, I rebooted again and this time I have no display again.
I’m trying to do a factory reset on it and just leave the NETWORK setting alone but can’t seem to get the unit to reset. Not 100% sure how to do this. From what I’ve read, you press a paper clip into the small hole at the bottom left of the LED panel for 3+ seconds to reset. I’ve also read the red light will blink and then it should restart. With the unit on, when I press the paper clip in and hold for 10 seconds and remove, nothing happens…

Am I doing something wrong in order to get the unit to factory reset all settings?

Ok here is what you need to look for. When the S4 fires back up it will try to read the SD card and the red light will flash after about 60 seconds or whatever. The  you can try the factory reset which I have not tried yet. Usually the lights will blink and the ethernet lights at the cable connection/plug  on the S4 will go out while you are pressing the small button.Then a hard reboot.

Now you cannot reset if it is not reading the SD card. If you get no red light again then take the card out and re insert. Then boot, see red light, something will be on the screen, the try to log in if you see the IP. If you do not get the IP on the screen then push the reset button and see what happens.  Then hard reboot again. The worst case scenerio is that the SD card file is corrupted and you will have to re flash it with newest firmware from Bitmains website. I just flashed all S4's with the newest firm and gained about 5% at the pool.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
bjalbert

Activity: 166

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:53:33 PM

so I have seen like 1 post about using an additional psu to push freq up around 250+. why not more talk about it and w/gh? Just curious. My combined electricity rate including all fees jumped from .11 to .13 and I am pissed but still interested in OC news.
Nightshiftgirl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:24:29 PM

Just a note,

I under clocked  S4, running 0650 and 125 pulling 690 at the wall hashing 1195 avg .  All is well, Sound much lower.  Of course the C1 is much quieter than either the S3 or the S4.  

Also I am having trouble with the Ethernet connection on the S4, sometimes when I reboot it comes up with 127.0.0.1.  But is showing not lights on the connector.  A wiggle or two will get it going along with a reboot..  If I bump the cable while it is running it will start beeping and quit mining.  Again wiggle it.  I have not had time to look into it further, but that is a problem going forward

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:26:56 PM

PM sent,  if you are still having problems, please give us a call at +1-844-248-6246 Option 2

Or you can leave a message if the techs are busy.

Tech Support Team

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

apparently, Bitmain does not offer sending directly to Umisoo for hosting anymore. does anyone know why oe if there is a decent alternative? I'd like to order some more S4s, but it's impossible for me to host them.

Did bitmain or one of it's employees ever comment on this? Speculation was they were too dangerous to host.

Whose speculation? Do you have a link?

Haven't heard that one either, I was thinking (pure speculation) maybe saving room for the S5's? did email them but haven't heard back yet.

I'll let you know.

I'd like to know as well because I have 2 S4's (latest batch) on Umisoo hosting. In the first week i've already had issues with both. The first s4 PSU completely went out, then for some reason the 2nd s4 was only running 3 out of 4 boards. I had to catch both of these issues and alert them to the problems. I wonder if its just coincidence or if these are running hot, because I have no way to check the miner status on these. My s4 that I'm running at home hasn't had an issue yet. I'm tempted to just eat the shipping cost after the first month and ship them into the US to the Toomim Bros hosting http://toom.im/.

We're not continuing the relationship with Umisoo is the tldr.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

Just a note,

I under clocked  S4, running 0650 and 125 pulling 690 at the wall hashing 1195 avg .  All is well, Sound much lower.  Of course the C1 is much quieter than either the S3 or the S4.  

Also I am having trouble with the Ethernet connection on the S4, sometimes when I reboot it comes up with 127.0.0.1.  But is showing not lights on the connector.  A wiggle or two will get it going along with a reboot..  If I bump the cable while it is running it will start beeping and quit mining.  Again wiggle it.  I have not had time to look into it further, but that is a problem going forward

Barbara

your issue might be a loose sd card getting jostled by vibrations through the ethernet port (just a guess).

why do you underclock it by the way? Unless you pay >25c/kwh there is more profit in running at full speed while the difficulty stays low

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
WayKewl

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:58:24 AM

I tried reseating the SD card with same results.

I’m still not sure of the order of pressing the power button, pushing the reset within the LED component hole, I did it in so many combinations. After 20 or so retries, it finally rebooted past a blank screen and displayed an accessible DHCP IP address. 

It’s humming at around 2010 GH/S(avg) stock. I’ll leave it be until I get more familiar with it.

Many thinks to all that contribute here.

sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:40:28 AM

We're not continuing the relationship with Umisoo is the tldr.

Doggie, sent you a PM.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
Kexkey

Activity: 237

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

Hey there, does anyone know when the Black Friday Deal on the S4 (16 S4 pack) ends?

Thanks!

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
dlowings

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:02:02 AM

Just a note,

Barbara

Help me understand why you would under clock the S4 this soon. By not at least hitting the 2THs you're making it extremely hard to ever make ROI. I was also thinking about under clocking my 4 units but I think I still need 2 to three more months to get to my break even, at that point I will down shift.

Am I missing something ?

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:18:55 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 03:29:10 AM by dmwardjr

I KNOW THIS IS AN S4 THREAD.  However, not much going on at the S3 thread.  So, I'm bringing this question over here:

Has anyone bought an S3 lately and noticed in "miner status" that you have four (4) fans listed when in fact your S3 only has two (2) fans?

If you wish to say I'm logged into an S4, then I have more serious troubles.  Cause it would mean I have two boards out and I have two fans out.

Look at mine:

Also, my S3 will allow me to adjust the voltage like an S4 does.  My S3 will not RESET properly either.  So, I was wondering if BITMAIN installed S4 software on my S3?

Has anyone else noticed this on a new S3 they have purchased?

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3984

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:29:07 AM

I KNOW THIS IS AN S4 THREAD.  However, not much going on at the S3 thread.  So, I'm bringing this question over here:

Has anyone bought an S3 lately and noticed in "miner status" that you have four (4) fans listed when in fact your S3 only has two (2) fans?

Look at mine:

>clip image<

Also, my S3 will allow me to adjust the voltage like an S4 does.  My S3 will not RESET properly either.  So, I was wondering if BITMAIN installed S4 software on my S3?

He he, 4 fans-a first glimpse of S5 (flat or double decker)?  Grin
Predictions: 3 times more chips (underclocked), 2-2.5 times higher GH (hopefully, 1TH), 0.6w/Gh with voltage control for further underclocking to 0.4w/Gh
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:31:38 AM

I KNOW THIS IS AN S4 THREAD.  However, not much going on at the S3 thread.  So, I'm bringing this question over here:

Look at mine:

>clip image<

Also, my S3 will allow me to adjust the voltage like an S4 does.  My S3 will not RESET properly either.  So, I was wondering if BITMAIN installed S4 software on my S3?

He he, 4 fans-a first glimpse of S5 (flat or double decker)?  Grin
Predictions: 3 times more chips (underclocked), 2-2.5 times higher GH (hopefully, 1TH), 0.6w/Gh with voltage control for further underclocking to 0.4w/Gh

It still makes no sense to display 4 fans on my S3 that has only 2 fans.  I'm having problems still with one board shutting down after a few minutes.  So, I switched to two PCI-e ports I haven't used for any length of time except to see if they would work.  Let's see how long the board stays up now.  I got two new S3's along with four (4) new S4's Wednesday, last week.  Had them not even a week and I'm starting to have problems with a PCI-e port on an S3 I believe.  Neither S3 will reset properly!  And they appear to have the wrong software installed on them; meaning S4 software for four (4) fans that can also adjust the voltage.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

Just a note,

Barbara

Help me understand why you would under clock the S4 this soon. By not at least hitting the 2THs you're making it extremely hard to ever make ROI. I was also thinking about under clocking my 4 units but I think I still need 2 to three more months to get to my break even, at that point I will down shift.

Am I missing something ?

You did not miss anything, I did it because I live in a fairly small apartment, and the noise from the S4 was just too much.  Fans were running at 3800 + could not carry on a conversation.  Now the fans are running at 2880 all the time which is livable.  I also have a S3+ and a C1 all new last month.  I do not even look at ROI, I just set aside X dollars to play with and this is what it is this time.  I like tech and being retired I have time to play.  I have built Hi end computers in the past just to set speed records.  So don't listen to me.  This will actually pay me back better than the money I spent on building computers.

Enjoy what you do or don't do it is my motto

Now do I add 3 more C1s with the four way cooler?  The C1 is very quiet.   Smiley

Barbara

Barbara

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:26:54 AM

Look at mine:

>clip image<

He he, 4 fans-a first glimpse of S5 (flat or double decker)?  Grin

It still makes no sense to display 4 fans on my S3 that has only 2 fans.  I'm having problems still with one board shutting down after a few minutes.  So, I switched to two PCI-e ports I haven't used for any length of time except to see if they would work.  Let's see how long the board stays up now.  I got two new S3's along with four (4) new S4's Wednesday, last week.  Had them not even a week and I'm starting to have problems with a PCI-e port on an S3 I believe.  Neither S3 will reset properly!  And they appear to have the wrong software installed on them; meaning S4 software for four (4) fans that can also adjust the voltage.

My C1 display shows 4 fans and a C1 has only 1 fan.

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: