Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:22:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309532 times)
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:40:24 PM

1 year IPO? I am out...

only now one can buy in ridiculous prices. the current price won't stay for long. especially after tau is ready

These "ridculous prices" have a 5 million market cap for a theory. The prices stayed like this for months already. If any interest in the project would come, you would flood the market with your coins, that you still have. There is no, i repeat NO use, to invest now.

the price went up 70% since the public sale began.
and when tau will be ready, things will be very different.
and, 5M is indeed a ridiculous pricing for 100% of future coins.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:45:29 PM

... 5M is indeed a ridiculous pricing for 100% of future coins.

100%? Do you think others will sleep the next year? you can be glad, if you can catch up with others then...

and. the 70% raise comes from BTC raise. It means nothing...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:47:21 PM

100%? Do you think others will sleep the next year? you can be glad, if you can catch up with others then...

why do you keep saying things without checking?
the price was always in USD and not in BTC. began in 10 cent, now 17

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:53:20 PM

why do you keep saying things without checking?
the price was always in USD and not in BTC. began in 10 cent, now 17

The whole Crypto market gained the last months. There is nothing you can be proud of. If the market went down, your asset also would crash. Maybe you should research a little about markets in general... if stocks go up, nearly all go up...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

The whole Crypto market gained the last months. There is nothing you can be proud of. If the market went down, your asset also would crash. Maybe you should research a little about markets in general... if stocks go up, nearly all go up...

I'm not speaking about the price that the market has set. I'm speaking of the price that we sell the tokens at. Which is of course the main supply.
And indeed I'll raise the price again soon. Significantly. With prior notice.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:58:05 PM

I'm not speaking about the price that the market has set. I'm speaking of the price that we sell the tokens at. Which is of course the main supply.

That doesn't matter, how much you raise the price. If the crypto market gets in trouble, the prices of your asset will drop, unless you don't want to set a up a buy wall...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:58:50 PM

That doesn't matter, how much you raise the price. If the crypto market gets in trouble, the prices of your asset will drop, unless you don't want to set a up a buy wall...

last +1.5y our assets never dropped. price always went up. and it has to do with being a ridiculous price

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:10:37 PM

last +1.5y our assets never dropped. price always went up. and it has to do with being a ridiculous price

First period noone was able to sell at all. And since its on an exchange all other prices rose way more, so it came along very easily.
If you don't come out with any product or marketing campaign, it will drop at some point. And you are not able to prevent that without setting a buy wall.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 01:11:52 PM

First period noone was able to sell at all. And since its on an exchange all other prices rose way more, so it came along very easily.
If you don't come out with any product or marketing campaign, it will drop at some point. And you are not able to prevent that without setting a buy wall.

very little coins were sold on the exchange. the exchange is mainly for buyers to have some liquidity (and as you can see, they HODL). people still prefer to buy directly from me.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:29:16 PM

very little coins were sold on the exchange. the exchange is mainly for buyers to have some liquidity (and as you can see, they HODL). people still prefer to buy directly from me.

yes, thats exactly, why the price can still be at that range, because you did't sell much yet.
If you want to raise it, that means, the the market cap has to raise. And it won't, if there is no buy support. And buy support can come only until a certain point with promises. At some point people have enough...
And if the price on bittrex is lower, than your "private" selling price, that doesn't mean, that you don't sell cheaper on bittrex. This is again a trust force.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 01:35:25 PM

yes, thats exactly, why the price can still be at that range, because you did't sell much yet.
If you want to raise it, that means, the the market cap has to raise. And it won't, if there is no buy support. And buy support can come only until a certain point with promises. At some point people have enough...
And if the price on bittrex is lower, than your "private" selling price, that doesn't mean, that you don't sell cheaper on bittrex. This is again a trust force.

there is a buy support. people don't buy on bittrex main because they want large quantities that they can't get on bittrex. you have to take into account the extremely small volumes on bittrex so they really say nothing. obviously things will be different with more and better public materials, and especially after tau is ready.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:50:41 PM

Why don't you understand. This is crypto land and you need proofs. I am a person, that trusts really easily (until some point).
But I can show you, how this normally looks like:

there is a buy support. people don't buy on bittrex main because they want large quantities that they can't get on bittrex. you have to take into account the extremely small volumes on bittrex so they really say nothing.
Is there anything to proof that? Who proofs, that you don't say someone bought, but actually you "bought" it yourself? Do you have an overview?

obviously things will be different with more and better public materials, and especially after tau is ready.
You use the future quite often the last year. Maybe I should pray instead?

ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 01:55:01 PM

Why don't you understand. This is crypto land and you need proofs. I am a person, that trusts really easily (until some point).

there is a buy support. people don't buy on bittrex main because they want large quantities that they can't get on bittrex. you have to take into account the extremely small volumes on bittrex so they really say nothing.
Is there anything to proof that? Who proofs, that you don't say someone bought, but actually you "bought" it yourself? Do you have an overview?

obviously things will be different with more and better public materials, and especially after tau is ready.
You use the future quite often the last year. Maybe I should pray instead?

on the last year we had great advancements both in dev and in pr.
and tell me how can one prove they're not "buying from themselves". I didn't do it, but I don't see how it can be proved.
of course buyers need to have trust, but no more than any other common tech start-up, and much less than almost-all of other projects on the crypto world.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:11:57 PM

I can only see a couple of blog posts. I don't see any dev improvements and the pr is more or less poor.
But that information is fine from an investor point of view als long as there is still the IPO going on... the less the better, you understand?
But if you wan't to tell me, that you did your best already, I have to think, if you can do better, if my investment could grow (after ipo, while IPO there is no chance anyway)

and tell me how can one prove they're not "buying from themselves". I didn't do it, but I don't see how it can be proved.
of course buyers need to have trust, but no more than any other common tech start-up, and much less than almost-all of other projects on the crypto world.
The best trust you can give is a fixed amount of coins, where the investor knows, that it can gain. You talk about a premine of 3%? I tell you, you have a premine of 3% + 97%, because you sell ALL coins anyway.
You do an ipo with 5 million! How many people are working on that project? You can hire 10 high class programmers for a 5 years with that!
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:17:03 PM

I can only see a couple of blog posts. I don't see any dev improvements and the pr is more or less poor.

there is much more than blog posts. see tauchain.org for quick links. a new website is under development.
the dev can be seen on github.

But that information is fine from an investor point of view als long as there is still the IPO going on... the less the better, you understand?
But if you wan't to tell me, that you did your best already, I have to think, if you can do better, if my investment could grow (after ipo, while IPO there is no chance anyway)

The best trust you can give is a fixed amount of coins, where the investor knows, that it can gain. You talk about a premine of 3%? I tell you, you have a premine of 3% + 97%, because you sell ALL coins anyway.
You do an ipo with 5 million! How many people are working on that project? You can hire 10 high class programmers for a 5 years with that!

5 million is only a maximal amount. i don't expect to sell the whole amount but that we'll have coins to destroy.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:20:49 PM

5 million is only a maximal amount. i don't expect to sell the whole amount but that we'll have coins to destroy.

From an investor point of view we are looking on an asset with a market cap of 5+ million. (just look at coinmarketcap.com)
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:21:19 PM

From an investor point of view we are looking on an asset with a market cap of 5+ million. (just look at coinmarketcap.com)

which is still a tiny amount!

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:24:09 PM

OK, but again. How many people work on this? Even with a nobel price you don't get that amount...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:25:30 PM

OK, but again. How many people work on this? Even with a nobel price you don't get that amount...

depends how you count, say ~10

Tau-Chain & Agoras
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:30:18 PM

depends how you count, say ~10
Very concrete... and trustful
To sum it up. It looks just too greedy.
Only solution: End the IPO. Soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: