Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:56:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:07:20 PM

I believe it to be fairly closed minded to come to this conclusion. Butterfly have obviously had some substantial problems stopping them from shipping but I'm certain they will come good and they have begun to. Those with belief will be rewarded, just like bitcoin in general. The price of bitcoin comes down to one thing and one thing only, our belief in it.

Just like Jesus, if you believe then your going to heaven but your reward won't happen in this life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:13:34 AM

I believe it to be fairly closed minded to come to this conclusion. Butterfly have obviously had some substantial problems stopping them from shipping but I'm certain they will come good and they have begun to. Those with belief will be rewarded, just like bitcoin in general. The price of bitcoin comes down to one thing and one thing only, our belief in it.

oh boi.

Yea here's your reward!! Give this BFL shill a bone. The reward is you being mocked on this forum later for that post.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

oh boi.

Yea here's your reward!! Give this BFL shill a bone. The reward is you being mocked on this forum later for that post.

seems they still have shipped nothing. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/277-friday-august-9-2013-shipping-update.html

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Anti_ButterflyLabs

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

I've also had terrible experience with Butterfly Labs

Read my experience here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271386.0
millsdmb

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:39:37 PM

But they are shipping. "Where do you think the difficulty is coming from"  Cheesy Grin

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Anti_ButterflyLabs

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:42:56 PM

yeah, they're a terrible company
millsdmb

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:51:14 PM

yeah, they're a terrible company

I'm pretty sure CanaryInTheMine has resold (thus delivered) more hashing power in the form of block erupters than BFL has delivered to all individual miners who ordered from them. He's up to at least 4.52 terrahash or so in hands of miners. lol

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:54:23 PM

by the end of the year EVERY BFL unit will never make back the cost of the unit.   Expecting to see that by December, they will cost more in electric than the amount of BTC it earns.   The chips are so outdated now.  The waiting game is about to conclude.  2 more months BFL customers..   that 30% jump in 12 days will continue to happen every 12 days for the next 2-3 months.

millsdmb

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:22:31 PM

ah... hahaha! I just saw that they've been shipping single orders from the same couple day's for the past few months.

Then again it took them almost a year to build all of those orders.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/170-thursday-5-30-update.html

I posted a newer shipping update a few replies above.

JoRoidx

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:33:31 AM

You can say scam once more OMG!

Why is it taking 3 months to just send a month worth of miners!!

WOW

JoRoidx
lucasjkr

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:10:00 AM

by the end of the year EVERY BFL unit will never make back the cost of the unit.   Expecting to see that by December, they will cost more in electric than the amount of BTC it earns.   The chips are so outdated now.  The waiting game is about to conclude.  2 more months BFL customers..   that 30% jump in 12 days will continue to happen every 12 days for the next 2-3 months.

Ummm.... correlation, please.

The reason that the hashrate is going up like it is and that difficulty is about to make its biggest jump ever is because of BFL units hitting the market. That's no condolence to people still waiting in the queue. But they're unleashing so much power onto the network that its inevitable that the proposition that everyone calculates on their own when placing their order would falls apart before they even receive their order. can only extrapolate on how much they actually produced, but i think the biggest issue (aside from them having difficulties in shipping, obviously) is that no one else imagnines how many other people actually ordered. So that even if they had started shipping without a hitch, people that ordered on day one would get fantastic results, while people that ordered on day 101 would get mediocre results, while people that ordered on day 401 will struggle to achieve anything, all on account of the difficulty skyrocket from orders prior to theirs.

I understand the anger vetted at them. But people need to realize, when they see difficulty skyrocketing like nothing it's ever done before, that that's occuring because of the people that were ahead of them in line. Many leasons have been learned (or could have been learned) on account of BFL's  actions. They obviously have learned a real lesson in presales and in providing best case scenario projections to the public. But the rest of us ought to have leared that this is an arms race. Everyone is trying to get a leg up on one another, And doing that, the ones that are first to act MIGHT win out, but the people that follow them won't.

The shovel makers are making out great, everywhere you look. All they have to do is make a hint about a product release and they get flooded with more BTC that they can shake a stick at!
millsdmb

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:12:11 AM

The reason that the hashrate is going up like it is and that difficulty is about to make its biggest jump ever is because of BFL units hitting the market. That's no condolence to people still waiting in the queue. But they're unleashing so much power onto the network that its inevitable that the proposition that everyone calculates on their own when placing their order would falls apart before they even receive their order. can only extrapolate on how much they actually produced, but i think the biggest issue (aside from them having difficulties in shipping, obviously) is that no one else imagnines how many other people actually ordered. So that even if they had started shipping without a hitch, people that ordered on day one would get fantastic results, while people that ordered on day 101 would get mediocre results, while people that ordered on day 401 will struggle to achieve anything, all on account of the difficulty skyrocket from orders prior to theirs.

I understand the anger vetted at them. But people need to realize, when they see difficulty skyrocketing like nothing it's ever done before, that that's occuring because of the people that were ahead of them in line. Many leasons have been learned (or could have been learned) on account of BFL's  actions. They obviously have learned a real lesson in presales and in providing best case scenario projections to the public. But the rest of us ought to have leared that this is an arms race. Everyone is trying to get a leg up on one another, And doing that, the ones that are first to act MIGHT win out, but the people that follow them won't.

The shovel makers are making out great, everywhere you look. All they have to do is make a hint about a product release and they get flooded with more BTC that they can shake a stick at!

already addressed this. difficulty is coming from friedcat and resellers like canaryinthemine (read above). not bfl  Grin

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:04:31 AM

quote:

"It definitely angered me reading that site. The only thing I can add is that kljhasfaseuvic and myself both received tracking numbers that never left the warehouse.

I have no idea what goes on at BFL. But I did work for a company a long time ago that did this intentionally. Companies write their own tracking numbers, but then don't ship. This gives the company more time so they could attempt to blame it on shipping.

I have read a couple blogs where guys were owed multiple units (a company other than BFL), but because they were late or something got screwed up, they agreed to send two units together instead of one at a time. In this case it feels purposeful to delay certain people and favor others. GigaVPS is a good friend...he got all 12 MR's right up front. darkice I suppose too.

It's a tough thing to prove, but BFL does have friends. I'm not one of them. I've felt that way for a long time. Despite being a relatively early adopter and investing in their R&D during the summer of 2012 with a relatively large amount of orders IMO. Now that it costs 250% more in hardware to fulfill their early investors, it feels like, to me, that I'm being dicked around with. They used to thank me that I've hung on to my orders at the beginning of this year and not requested a refund. But since they needed the new longboard PCB design causing the price to jump, I've been asked if I want a refund multiple times.

Personal scenario in my head...
"That JunkieXL has been such a dick, lets make him wait for another difficulty change or two and blame it on a shipping problem".

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/4236-strong-case-defamation-ensued-bfl-how-serious.html#post51618

I'm curious if this is happening to more people with a negative post history towards BFL. Thing is, I've never turned people away from the company. I've never said "Don't buy BFL" from what I can remember. They will probably consider posts like this to have that intention. Well when my e-mails get ignored I need to talk to someone. Something either truly got lost or it didn't.

Upper management usually responds to the e-mails of MR orders quickly. Now I am being ignored. I won't name names. But you'd think they would reply fast if this concerned a lost MR order. Phones aren't answering, personal phones aren't answering, e-mails aren't being replied to when they have before on Saturday's for me. I've been called personally on weekends and have been left a message before. They also contact MR orders personally before things ship out to verify they are shipping to the right place. I strangely was never contacted. A tracking number just appeared in my e-mail inbox Thursday morning.

The delivery I was supposed to receive on Friday needed a signature. I took the day off work during a costly time period when I needed to stay. I guess I should've paid attention to the tracking info more. FedEx is usually good about scanning. If they miss a scan, it will eventually get scanned. Especially for a large 54 pound box with $23K of insurance coverage or whatever they deem their personal cost to be.

If my order couldn't fit on the truck. Someone should've e-mailed me. I'm really pissed I took off work for this and nobody warned me beforehand.

I'll keep people posted if they attempt a Xian01 on me. Right now my entire 1500GH has been moved off the wait list and is marked as fulfilled. I hope this story is BS. It makes me sick to my stomach to think they moved three MR's to someone else because I haven't been "towing the line".

EDIT: According to the pictures on that website he has a "newer" XLINK with only one USB cable coming out. I thought they weren't going to delay orders to make that happen. Did Cloudhashing and others get the MR's with 8 USB cables spilling out? Josh said we wouldn't have to wait on the new PCB's that have XLINK."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:12:10 AM

The reason that the hashrate is going up like it is and that difficulty is about to make its biggest jump ever is because of BFL units hitting the market.

I know that's what they're telling their forum members, but you've seen the pictures of hundreds of thousands of Avalon chips sitting in boxes, right? Millions of them have been made and it's unlikely they're all sitting in customs.

Additionally, Bitfury chips have also started shipping.

Some of the network growth is BFL.  But claiming that it's ALL BFL is completely wishful thinking on the part of BFL users.

lucasjkr

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:26:52 AM

Y link=topic=114329.msg2907015#msg2907015 date=1376168063]

already addressed this. difficulty is coming from friedcat and resellers like canaryinthemine (read above). not bfl  Grin
[/quote]

Is the winky face denoting sarcasm, I'm not sure? TwThe network had around 10Th at the beginning of June. Bfl started shipping and not too long later, it's approaching 30 th.    that growth wasn't friedcat. I wish it was, owning tats pass throughs. But AM posted declines in its dividend, and the percentage of solved blocks coming from his has slumped. Avalon batch 3's are waiting on DHL last I heard, and yifu didn't even announce anything til mid/late July. So it's not friedcat or Avalon. Meanwhile pools are also skyrocketing. Bit minter reported around 5.2 Th in their pool in early July. What's it now? 18.4 TH.

Knc miners not shipping, so it's not them. Someone said canary had shipped around 4.5 Th, so it's not his doing.

Meanwhile more and more people on Bfl's boards are reporting that they're receiving them. I got mine, just a jalapeño that I immediately sold on eBay. And on eBay, more and more bfl auctions are for products that are in hand rather than buying a spot on a waiting list.

End of it is, they claimed to have started shipping in June, and the network has seen an immense rise since then and there's nowhere else to account for it. Bashing BFL has been everyone's favorite past time, but all the evidence shows that they're making good. Not as fast as everyone would have liked. The point is that they offered something stupendous and people scrambled to get in.  Even if there had been no Avalon and no AsicMiner, and even if they had been able to ship product out the door within a month of taking in orders, the people that ordered after the first few months of announcement l would still be F'ed.

Again. If your post was in jest, this was a long reply about nothing but too many people out there (I think) are carrying forward their anger and mistrust, while ignoring the realities. That bfl is indeed shipping. That likely everyone out there is underestimating how many orders they took in. And what the effect of just the other bfl orders would have had on the order they made months after announcement. They're lack of clarity certainly doesn't help, and there's a lot of anger about the order they've chosen to ship. But that's a different story. I really wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the "day" they wind up being responsible for adding hundreds of TH to the network.  That's why I wonder among everything else, how much capacity friedcat has to spare, will he be able to continue claiming so much of the network in light of Bfl's shipments, knc's theoretical ones, and the hundreds of thousands of chips that Avalon is selling off.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:30:10 AM

Avalon batch 3's are waiting on DHL last I heard, and yifu didn't even announce anything til mid/late July.

You heard wrong and I have the batch 3 next to me to prove it.

millsdmb

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:30:38 AM

that face denotes laughter because I really do believe between asicminer and resellers, more terrahash have been distributed than BFL. Of course, I can't prove it -- because they dont give us the hard numbers of shipped product.

Crypto-Change.com

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:36:55 AM

I agree its a big scam  Grin
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:04:32 AM

But they are shipping. "Where do you think the difficulty is coming from"  Cheesy Grin
BFL are mining with customer ASICs making money for themselves at the expense of their customers ROI. Isn't it obvious? Besides, there are other ASIC manufacturers as well.
millsdmb

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:12:34 AM

BFL are mining with customer ASICs making money for themselves at the expense of their customers ROI. Isn't it obvious? Besides, there are other ASIC manufacturers as well.
Yes, in that post I was being sarcastic.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: