Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:01:47 AM

the stories about Jesus are also a conglomeration of various myths and sayings which had been floating around the middle-east for centuries...

This claim of yours was thoroughly debunked in the alternative media shortly after the same claim was made in the film Zeitgeist, and another wave of debunking followed after other atheist films like Religulous. In fact, this claim has been thoroughly debunked and to say otherwise means you did not do enough reading, you just believed the claim.

In fact, there is a historical reference in the BG to an astronomical alignment that actually took place. That part is history, so you cannot say it is a story because THAT IS NOT REALITY. Reality has a past.

What about spiritual/religious books written within the last 2 centuries? Are you going to evaluate those?

Zeitgeist made a few claims that were debunked, but much of what it claimed about Christianity has been proven true... don't assume everything is false because 1 thing was false...

Many of the Zeitgeist claims have been proven true

No idea where you are going with BG and astronomical alignment... that means nothing other than they can look at some stars and realize they have patterns... every culture that ever existed has done this... nothing unique to the BG... the Mayans predicted astronomical alignments thousands of year ago too...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:13:31 AM

It's not about secret knowledge, the topic is history and it has been recorded:

Here's the situation...

The Bhagavad Gita was written around 200-500 BC? (nobody seems to know for sure)

It talks about Arjuna/Krishna, who supposedly lived around 3100 BC

How historically accurate do you think it could be?... written 2500+ years after the events it describes?  Do you think it was written by an eye-witness?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:29:48 AM

I'm an atheist because every religion I have observed thinks that theirs is the one-and-only true portal to salvation which means that none of them are!

This is basically my version of Pascal's Wager

If 1000 religions claim to be the one-and-only true religion... and they are all contradictory in such a way that only one of them could possibly be true... any given religion has at most a 0.1% chance of being correct and a minimum of 99.9% chance that it is wrong... (they could all be wrong, 100%... but at most, 0.1% of them could be correct)

I could not possibly believe in all the 1000 contradictory religions, so the obvious bet is none... I bet none of them are correct... and I win at least 99.9% of the time

Humans do not have enough time in their life to properly research all 1000 religions... so the choice is made while ignorant of most/all religions... only an idiot of a god would design such a scenario... so god either does not exist, or is a complete moron... your choice

If I... some random internet dude... can outsmart your god... your god is bullshit

This doesn't matter for you. Why not? Because atheism certainly isn't the correct religion, but you stay there anyway. So, how in the world can you ever expect to have time to find the correct religion when you stick with one that you know is wrong?

Unlike you, I have done my due diligence in searching for the correct religion... I spent 20 years researching every religion on the planet... they are all wrong in too many ways to list

Atheism is not a religion... in the same way that bald is not a hairstyle... and abstinence is not a sexual position... these are the lack thereof... very different, very simple, yet you cannot comprehend

The reason you fail to understand these very simple concepts is because religion has blinded you to the truth of reality

No wonder you are all mixed up - examining every religion on the planet for 20 years. Since you have to stop somewhere that gives you some solidity in life, you won't allow yourself to recognize the fact that atheism is a religion.

You are going to have to look at the truth sometime. After all, science is out, because scientists are treating theory as truth in their groping at straws. And probability has proven that evolution couldn't have happened. And the 3 science basics prove that God exists. You are running out of room to force yourself to believe in your atheism fantasies.

Don't despair as proof for God becomes greater and greater, and atheism becomes weaker and weaker. Rather, pour out your soul to God in prayer, asking Him to show you the right way. He'll do it for you if you really ask Him in humility.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:55:30 AM

I'm an atheist because every religion I have observed thinks that theirs is the one-and-only true portal to salvation which means that none of them are!

If 1000 religions claim to be the one-and-only true religion... and they are all contradictory in such a way that only one of them could possibly be true... any given religion has at most a 0.1% chance of being correct and a minimum of 99.9% chance that it is wrong... (they could all be wrong, 100%... but at most, 0.1% of them could be correct)

I could not possibly believe in all the 1000 contradictory religions, so the obvious bet is none... I bet none of them are correct... and I win at least 99.9% of the time

Humans do not have enough time in their life to properly research all 1000 religions... so the choice is made while ignorant of most/all religions... only an idiot of a god would design such a scenario... so god either does not exist, or is a complete moron... your choice

If I... some random internet dude... can outsmart your god... your god is bullshit

This doesn't matter for you. Why not? Because atheism certainly isn't the correct religion, but you stay there anyway. So, how in the world can you ever expect to have time to find the correct religion when you stick with one that you know is wrong?

Unlike you, I have done my due diligence in searching for the correct religion... I spent 20 years researching every religion on the planet... they are all wrong in too many ways to list

Atheism is not a religion... in the same way that bald is not a hairstyle... and abstinence is not a sexual position... these are the lack thereof... very different, very simple, yet you cannot comprehend

The reason you fail to understand these very simple concepts is because religion has blinded you to the truth of reality

No wonder you are all mixed up - examining every religion on the planet for 20 years. Since you have to stop somewhere that gives you some solidity in life, you won't allow yourself to recognize the fact that atheism is a religion.

You are going to have to look at the truth sometime. After all, science is out, because scientists are treating theory as truth in their groping at straws. And probability has proven that evolution couldn't have happened. And the 3 science basics prove that God exists. You are running out of room to force yourself to believe in your atheism fantasies.

Don't despair as proof for God becomes greater and greater, and atheism becomes weaker and weaker. Rather, pour out your soul to God in prayer, asking Him to show you the right way. He'll do it for you if you really ask Him in humility.

Cool

i dont think that science has found proof that explains existence of so called.. you said that atheism is getting weaker and weaker .. you are totally wrong .. because rates of atheists is inscreasing rapidly.. you should check the rates for sure.
Moloch

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:59:29 AM

i dont think that science has found proof that explains existence of so called.. you said that atheism is getting weaker and weaker .. you are totally wrong .. because rates of atheists is inscreasing rapidly.. you should check the rates for sure.

+1 for doing proper research before spouting unfounded accusations
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:28:27 AM

Cool

Science has found the proof of some so-calleds, and hasn't found the proof of many others.

Since atheism is a self-contradictory religion because of the fact that God exists, there really aren't any atheists... only liars.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:30:32 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 07:07:27 AM by Moloch

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:44:27 PM

Interesting game you are playing, Moloch. You claim you are an atheist, which means that you don't believe in the existence of God (or something like that). Then, by pictures and words like the above, you attempt to set yourself up in a position like God. Then you even act like you are God by admitting to believing that God exists, even if God is only you. And you do it in a religious way, proving that even if atheism happened to only be philosophy, you have strong, dedicated religion, personally. Then you call yourself an asshole.

It would be interesting to know exactly what your goal is with all this.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:39:09 PM

Interesting game you are playing, Moloch. You claim you are an atheist, which means that you don't believe in the existence of God

You still can't seem to grasp this simple concept...

I'll try to explain for the 8000th time...

Being an atheist does not mean I don't believe in the existance of any gods... it means I don't believe you... I don't believe in YOUR god... YOUR god is a lie... it's fiction...

This does not mean I do not believe any gods exist or could exist... just that your description of a god is all wrong... it's contradictory and provably inaccurate

At the same time, I an open-minded enough that there could still be gods... just not the inconsistent god you believe in...

I'd relate it to Buddhism, but I doubt you understand that either...

I still don't know why you insist on replying to me with such nonsense... you only make yourself look stupid, over and over
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:20:18 PM

Interesting game you are playing, Moloch. You claim you are an atheist, which means that you don't believe in the existence of God

You still can't seem to grasp this simple concept...

I'll try to explain for the 8000th time...

Being an atheist does not mean I don't believe in the existance of any gods...
Wow! You are finally stating that atheism is a self-contradictory idea. Or are you simply redefining the word "atheism?"

it means I don't believe you... I don't believe in YOUR god... YOUR god is a lie... it's fiction...
How many times do I have to tell you. I checked my pockets, the dresser drawers, the cupboards, behind the couch, even the shed, and I still can't find any god that I own. How can my god be a lie when I don't own one?

This does not mean I do not believe any gods exist or could exist... just that your description of a god is all wrong... it's contradictory and provably inaccurate
Just because I don't attempt to prove the existence of God, doesn't mean that I don't show the things that anyone can research to see that God exists. I even show that the only things that science uses to attempt to disprove science facts, are science theories which are not know to be factual.

So, now that you are re-defining "atheism" for yourself, how in the world is anyone not knowing your definition ever going to be able to determine whether or not it is the truth? Just by listening to you say it is? Be reasonable. We need more than your simple suggesting to that effect.

At the same time, I an open-minded enough that there could still be gods... just not the inconsistent god you believe in...
So, you admit that you aren't an atheist in the standard definition of the word.

I'd relate it to Buddhism, but I doubt you understand that either...
How is anyone supposed to understand "it" when you don't clearly express which "it" you are talking about?

I still don't know why you insist on replying to me with such nonsense... you only make yourself look stupid, over and over

I had thought that I was replying to someone who is a bit logical... one who makes sense.

Now I see that you are re-defining "atheism," admitting to being an atheist at the same time you are admitting to not being one, jumping between the standard definition of "atheism" and your definition (which you haven't clearly defined for us, yet), and then dumping down into Buddhism (which probably has a different definition that the standard one for you, as well) without explaining why you are talking about Buddhism.

You seem to be hinting that you believe in some form of mysticism. Is that it? Or have you been going off the deep end for a long time, now, and are finally almost there. BitNow suggests that you are a demon, and not a human. I, at least, think that you are a human who is possibly troubled by a demon.

Come on, buddy. Pray to God for strength. He is ready and willing to help you through this time of trial, if only you will let Him... before it's too late.

Cool

JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:32:21 PM

Interesting game you are playing, Moloch. You claim you are an atheist, which means that you don't believe in the existence of God (or something like that). Then, by pictures and words like the above, you attempt to set yourself up in a position like God. Then you even act like you are God by admitting to believing that God exists, even if God is only you. And you do it in a religious way, proving that even if atheism happened to only be philosophy, you have strong, dedicated religion, personally. Then you call yourself an asshole.

Cool

I think that is not the case. I am not so sensitive to posts like this and i agree to this posts. But it's ironic that you call them assholes while posting an asshole posts.
And i too am an atheist but it doesnt mean im gonna question everything about god. It's just i dont care.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 12:58:17 AM

Cool

I think that is not the case.
What is not what case?

Atheism is religion. However, if all those people who are stating that it is religion are wrong (Google "atheism religion"), they are not wrong by much. Moloch, by being a bit of an atheist zealot, is also a religious zealot, the thing he seems to despise.

I am not so sensitive to posts like this and i agree to this posts. But it's ironic that you call them assholes while posting an asshole posts.
Just trying to be agreeable as much as I can while at the same time speaking his language.

And i too am an atheist but it doesnt mean im gonna question everything about god. It's just i dont care.

First, nobody questions everything about God. Nobody can question more than a little about God, because nobody knows enough about Him to ask more than a fraction of the questions that could be asked about God. The important answer about God is that God is love.

Second, you care at least a little, or you wouldn't have posted the way you have.

Third, as I said to Moloch here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424793.msg14773029#msg14773029:
How many times do I have to tell you. I checked my pockets, the dresser drawers, the cupboards, behind the couch, even the shed, and I still can't find any god that I own.
Since you care enough to reply, the Thing you are saying "your god" about, is the God of the universe, as proven to exist by science and nature.

God is sorry you just don't care. He is sorry for you. He made this whole universe including yourself, and He holds everything in place. By your not caring, you are pushing Him out of your life, which is really you pushing yourself out of life.

It's sad. I can tell by the language of your post that you are a caring, loving person. You should live. Your choice, however.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:19:36 AM

First, nobody questions everything about God. Nobody can question more than a little about God, because nobody knows enough about Him to ask more than a fraction of the questions that could be asked about God. The important answer about God is that God is love.

First, your shouldn't speak for everyone...

I question god all the time... that's how I know your god does not exist... if you truly think about what your book claims god says/commands, you will realize that is not god

Perhaps you have to read it first?

What sort of moral lesson is the story about Lot handing his virgin daughters over to be raped by an angry mob?  Did he at least try to talk them out of the raping?  Or perhaps offer just one daughter instead of both?

I'd think a better moral lesson would be to stand your ground and not let the angry mob rape anyone, including your daughters... just saying

If god was truly on Lot's side, he could have manhandled the angry mob, right?

Or, better... God could have given Lot the right words to say, to calm the angry mob... so they didn't rape anyone... wouldn't that have made a better story and moral lesson for children?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:49:57 AM

First, your shouldn't speak for everyone...
See? There you go again, setting yourself up as god.

I question god all the time... that's how I know your god does not exist... if you truly think about what your book claims god says/commands, you will realize that is not god
First you state that you are god by giving inappropriate orders to a fellow human being. Then you try to say that god doesn't exist. You funny guy.

God is your God as well. You just might have to find out the hard way.

Perhaps you have to read it first?

What sort of moral lesson is the story about Lot handing his virgin daughters over to be raped by an angry mob?  Did he at least try to talk them out of the raping?  Or perhaps offer just one daughter instead of both?
If you had read it, you would have realized that Lot didn't hand his daughters over. He might have attempted it. He might have offered it. But he didn't do it. And what does that story have to do with anything that we are discussing here? Or do you simply like to confuse issues?

I'd think a better moral lesson would be to stand your ground and not let the angry mob rape anyone, including your daughters... just saying

If god was truly on Lot's side, he could have manhandled the angry mob, right?

Or, better... God could have given Lot the right words to say, to calm the angry mob... so they didn't rape anyone... wouldn't that have made a better story and moral lesson for children?

God DID handle the situation for Lot. The two angels reached out their hands and pulled Lot inside the house before he could hand his daughters over to the wicked men of the city. Then they caused the wicked men to be blind so that they couldn't find the door of the house and harm Lot and his family.

Are you simply too dense to read the Bible? Or are you intentionally lying to the people. Your credibility is going way down.

Cool

duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 02:55:23 PM

"Why am I an atheist"

I suppose you're an atheist, because you are young enough.
The fact that you are excited about this question shows that you can evolve.
The faith has many faces.
Read this awesome poem written in 1873 by Hristo Botev who is a brilliant Bulgarian poet and revolutionary. Died a heroic death, only 28 years old,  in the western part of the Bulgarian Range on June 1, 1876 as a voevode of 200 rebels who had set out to die for the liberation of their enslaved Fatherland. The inscription chiseled on the granite rock by which he was killed reads: "Your prophecy has come true - you live on!"

MY PRAYER

Oh, you, my God, my fair God,
who doesn't live in Heaven up,
but you, who are in me, my God,
into my soul and in my heart.

Not you to whom the monks and priests
make their bows and bend, not you
whom all the ortodoxal beasts
light up the sacred tapers to.

Not you who made of mud and dirt
the man, the woman, but forsakes
the human being on the Earth
to be its everlasting slave.

Not you who's consecrated kings,
the patriarchs and every Pope,
not you who's left in misery
my poor brothers in the woe.

Not you, who teaches slaves to pray,
to cry for mercy and to bear
the suffering until the grave
with their hopes in vain to cherish.

Not you, oh, God of liars, who
has blessed dishonest tyrants all,
not you, an idol of the fools,
an idol of the human foes.

But you, oh, God of sense and mind,
oh, God, defender of the slaves,
whose day the people and mankind
are going soon to celebrate.

Inspire everyone, oh, God
with love alive for freedom, then
each one will struggle as he could
with all the enemies of men.

And at the end support my arms,
when rises the revolt of slaves,
in rows of their fight at last
to find also my only grave.

Don't let abroad this vigour heart
lost in youth cool down at present.
Don't let my voice unlikely pass
silently as through the desert.

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
Moloch

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:48:13 PM

Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

I don't follow any major religion, but I don't consider myself an atheist either. I believe in the universe and nature. We are surrounded by a mysterious energy no doubt, but I am not able to classify it so I let it go. I'd rather believe and worship the people, places and creatures around me, which I can see, feel and experience.

By living you have accepted an invitation to experience this version of the world.

qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:28:09 PM

What about spiritual/religious books written within the last 2 centuries? Are you going to evaluate those?

An answer to this please, Moloch?
Moloch

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:48:41 PM

Do you have something specific in mind? Scientology, Mormonism?

I've researched nearly every religion, both ancient and modern... they are all bunk... for mostly the same reasons
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 04:14:35 AM

Do you have something specific in mind? Scientology, Mormonism?

I've researched nearly every religion, both ancient and modern... they are all bunk... for mostly the same reasons

Perhaps you can start with Edgar Cayce:

http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a27

or Alan Watts:

http://reset.me/story/7-profound-lessons-from-the-books-of-alan-watts/

I have read several spiritual writings from the last 2 centuries, many of them while still being an avowed atheist, so that goes to show that you do not need to acquire a religion to respect the wisdom within such books. This is a serious interest of mine so I am giving you some introductory material that I feel is valid and mostly sensible, but of course true wisdom comes only after you have gathered ALL evidence available--by reading it--so one's focus should be on getting that information which one is missing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: