Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:41:26 AM

The basic theme of the Bible is salvation of the mortal soul. Science doesn't even have a clue that the soul exists. Other religions barely have the idea of salvation.

Science has the biggest holes of all.

Cool

The big difference is that bible holes stay holes forever. Science holes get filled in, albeit slowly.

Sometimes science unplugs a "placeholder" bible misplugged hole and puts is own plug in as correct replacement. For example when the young 6000 year old earth plug was replace with the correct 4.5 billion year old earth plug.

Thank God for science. (Not the bible god of course, who gets things wrong.)

Actually, it's the other way around. Science continually proves out the Bible when it touches on something that the Bible says.

The idea of a 13 billion old universe is a fictional thing that the science religion has dredged up. The 6,200 year old universe is historical record, recorded in the Bible.

Science keeps on trying to prove evolution. But all they have done so far is to prove that evolution doesn't exist. When they say it does, they prove that they are liars, or deceptive at best.

Cool

Nope, as explain in a previous thread, science cannot prove anything about anything. That's not how it works.
So your claim that science is trying to prove evolution is false. Not sure if you just don't understand science or being deliberately deceptive.

Now you are simply playing on words. However, if what you say is true, it gives the Bible eye witness record more credibility.

Cool
I dont get all these argument's about religion here.
Bible is a book.
Books dont get written by a god's,they get written by humans.
So why do we think,that there is someone in the skies,who rules the whole universe? because some book actually tells us that?
Makes no sense to me,but well,im an atheist.

Makes absolute sense. Here's how.

Everything operates by cause and effect, which is upheld by Newton's 3rd Law. This means that everything has been programmed to operate the way it does. This means that when the Programmer, God, programmed the Bible to be written, He also programmed what the people who wrote it actually put into it. So, essentially, the Bible was written by God.

After all, try to show us something that happens spontaneously - anything - without something causing it to happen. There isn't anything. God programmed it all.

Cool

Did he program in all the bible flaws and contradictions as well?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:40:21 AM

The basic theme of the Bible is salvation of the mortal soul. Science doesn't even have a clue that the soul exists. Other religions barely have the idea of salvation.

Cool

The big difference is that bible holes stay holes forever. Science holes get filled in, albeit slowly.

Sometimes science unplugs a "placeholder" bible misplugged hole and puts is own plug in as correct replacement. For example when the young 6000 year old earth plug was replace with the correct 4.5 billion year old earth plug.

Actually, it's the other way around. Science continually proves out the Bible when it touches on something that the Bible says.

The idea of a 13 billion old universe is a fictional thing that the science religion has dredged up. The 6,200 year old universe is historical record, recorded in the Bible.

Science keeps on trying to prove evolution. But all they have done so far is to prove that evolution doesn't exist. When they say it does, they prove that they are liars, or deceptive at best.

Cool

Nope, as explain in a previous thread, science cannot prove anything about anything. That's not how it works.
So your claim that science is trying to prove evolution is false. Not sure if you just don't understand science or being deliberately deceptive.

Now you are simply playing on words. However, if what you say is true, it gives the Bible eye witness record more credibility.

Cool
Bible is a book.
So why do we think,that there is someone in the skies,who rules the whole universe? because some book actually tells us that?

Everything operates by cause and effect, which is upheld by Newton's 3rd Law. This means that everything has been programmed to operate the way it does. This means that when the Programmer, God, programmed the Bible to be written, He also programmed what the people who wrote it actually put into it. So, essentially, the Bible was written by God.

After all, try to show us something that happens spontaneously - anything - without something causing it to happen. There isn't anything. God programmed it all.

Cool

How many times are you going to ask this? No! He gave free will, and we programmed our own flaws in, by accepting what the devil had to say.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:50:05 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool
Bible is a book.

Cool

How many times are you going to ask this? No! He gave free will, and we programmed our own flaws in, by accepting what the devil had to say.

Cool

Please, for your own sake, don't dig yourself into the infamous "free will" hole again. It's binary, either we have free will or we don't. You can't cherrypick.

We don't even have free will.

frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:21:02 PM

I'm an atheist but i hate discussing it for one simple reason, religious people are not reasonable and can't believe my non beliefs.

A discussion is only possible with mutual understanding.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:04:13 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool
Bible is a book.

Cool

Cool

Please, for your own sake, don't dig yourself into the infamous "free will" hole again. It's binary, either we have free will or we don't. You can't cherrypick.

We don't even have free will.

You only want to avoid the free will thing because you don't have a way to refute what I say.

God is the cause behind every cause and effect action.
There are no actions in the universe other than cause and effect actions.
God holds open a little piece of part-free will in mankind, and then causes all things to act based on His desires and mankind's little piece of semi-free will.
God gives freedom to all in this way.
The devil used his freedom to attempt to thwart God.
Mankind listened to the devil.
God is working on correcting everything:
1. In allowing freedom to remain, but under His control;
2. In letting His desires be fulfilled at the same time mankind get their way;
3. He does it by giving us time here to decide for all eternity if we will be for Him or against Him;
4. Then He will destroy this universe and replace it with a far better one;
5. Those people who are on His side will go to the new universe;
6. The people who are against Him will be destroyed with this universe;
7. He works salvation through His Son, Jesus.

Your only answer to all this is that I must be mad. But you know this stuff that I say is all true. Stop setting yourself against God, before you go down in the destruction.

You fate is sealed for all time once you die, because you cannot change anything in your mind after you are dead.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool
Bible is a book.

Cool

Cool
How does free will work if there's a god divine plan that can't be changed. It means the two is contradicting.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:35:35 PM

You are making your choices buy yourself.
But many people tend to believe that they dont have brain,god is deciding for them.
So if i want to kill myself,god wants me to do this right? no sense for me
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:32:19 PM

I just want to say that you are only denying the existence of God. How can you came up with the idea of God. Since you know Him, He exists. Another is that maybe it is your personal experience that make yourself distance from God. Try to observe in your surroundings. Can't you see how beautiful His creation? Well I respect your view but I am not convinced with it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:38:56 PM

You are making your choices buy yourself.
But many people tend to believe that they dont have brain,god is deciding for them.
So if i want to kill myself,god wants me to do this right? no sense for me

Did you even make a choice where your choice failed? Did you ever choose to do something and it didn't happen even when you worked at it? Think of all the people who choose to make Internet money, and fail miserably. Or what about the people who chose to drive to the country for a day, and were killed in a car accident.

Your choices always include your choice as to how much you believe in God, even when you are not aware of it. Then God applies your choosing to the things of the universe.

God doesn't really want you to kill yourself. But He has given you freedom to have such a small amount of faith in Him that you might go out and do it, as He adjusts it for you, according to your faith in Him. After all, look at all the thousands of people who attempted suicide, but failed at it.

People who die in faith, even though they were choosing life when they died, have their reward from God in the afterlife.

Cool

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 06:01:24 PM

I just want to say that you are only denying the existence of God. How can you came up with the idea of God. Since you know Him, He exists. Another is that maybe it is your personal experience that make yourself distance from God. Try to observe in your surroundings. Can't you see how beautiful His creation? Well I respect your view but I am not convinced with it.

My daughter would say you are denying the existence of the Tooth Fairy.  Since you have heard of her, she exists.

See how stupid you sound?  Time to pull your head out of the sand.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:50:09 PM

Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:32:17 PM

My daughter would say you are denying the existence of the Tooth Fairy.  Since you have heard of her, she exists.

See how stupid you sound?  Time to pull your head out of the sand.
Isn't believing in a god is just a personal experience too. You make believe that there's a god because you hear him in your head. Sounds like crazy though.   Grin
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:47:32 PM

Cause and effect as upheld by Newton's 3rd Law exists in everything that we know and have found the reasons for. There is nothing that has been found to be pure random. Pure random isn't even logical.

Every effect has been caused. All things have been programmed to exist as they do.

There must have been a beginning, because entropy exists in everything. If there was no beginning, everything would have been dispersed and diffused long ago, and we would see close to zero complexity in the universe at all.

There was a beginning to the universe. What started the causes and effects?

Because of our inability to observe cause and effect activity on extremely complex and extremely small scales, we have invented probability for ourselves to more-or-less guess about things that we can't measure. What this shows is that cause and effect action made the intelligence that we are. But to make the causes that produce the complexities of nature and the universe, there must have been far greater intelligence.

Intelligence doesn't conceptually develop from non-intelligence. This is observable throughout nature when we use our probability to examine things.

This all means that whatever started the universe had to be highly intelligent, and extremely powerful. If it was Big Bang, there had to exist intelligence inside of the Big Bang. If there wasn't intelligence, cause and effect would have produced mush rather than complexity.

Since we don't really have a clue if Big Bang was real, and we don't really know of anything else that could have started the universe, our word "God" fits the description of what the universe Maker must have been.

Cool

Jmild1

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:51:15 PM

Cause and effect as upheld by Newton's 3rd Law exists in everything that we know and have found the reasons for. There is nothing that has been found to be pure random. Pure random isn't even logical.

Every effect has been caused. All things have been programmed to exist as they do.

There must have been a beginning, because entropy exists in everything. If there was no beginning, everything would have been dispersed and diffused long ago, and we would see close to zero complexity in the universe at all.

Because of our inability to observe cause and effect activity on extremely complex and extremely small scales, we have invented probability for ourselves to more-or-less guess about things that we can't measure. What this shows is that cause and effect action made the intelligence that we are. But to make the causes that produce the complexities of nature and the universe, there must have been far greater intelligence.

Intelligence doesn't conceptually develop from non-intelligence. This is observable throughout nature when we use our probability to examine things.

This all means that whatever started the universe had to be highly intelligent, and extremely powerful. If it was Big Bang, there had to exist intelligence inside of the Big Bang. If there wasn't intelligence, cause and effect would have produced mush rather than complexity.

Since we don't really have a clue if Big Bang was real, and we don't really know of anything else that could have started the universe, our word "God" fits the description of what the universe Maker must have been.

Cool
Nice putting the fallacy of gods of the gaps there. And also appeal to ignorance is commonly used in theist arguments.
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:26:16 PM

Even a seemingly-fallacious answer to a fundamental question is better than having no answer at all.

There is an example when discussing the Problem of the Criterion, a fundamental problem:

What few philosophers have had the courage to recognize is this: we can deal with the problem only by begging the question. It seems to me that if we do recognize this fact, as we should, then it is unseemly for us to try to pretend that it isn’t so.
So this problem is only dealt with by begging the question; it stands to reason that other fundamental questions are resolved similarly.

Arno Penzias believed his research in astronomy showed the the universe was the result of a supernatural plan.

Charles Townes believed the fact that science could not explain the origin of the universe implied the existence of God.

In my view, the question of origin seems to be left unanswered if we explore from a scientific view alone. Thus, I believe there is a need for some religious or metaphysical explanation. I believe in the concept of God and in His existence.

Albert Einstein believed that natural laws were designed by an intelligence.

Charles Darwin (not a Nobel prize winner) also held this belief.

Many other great minds although not Nobel prize winners are also on the list including:
Kurt Gödel who believed that a human is non-physical spirit connected to a physical body.
Alan Turing believed in ESP.
Karl Popper believed in dualism the philosophy that the mind is non-material.
Robert Boyle the father of modern chemistry and founder of the Royal Society of London believed in spiritual healing based on his own investigations into the phenomenon.

Read More: https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/eminent_researchers
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:12:20 PM

Cool
Nice putting the fallacy of gods of the gaps there. And also appeal to ignorance is commonly used in theist arguments.

No gaps exist. Cause and effect goes smoothly back to the beginning.

Cool

phil9

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:36:44 AM

Ok you're an atheist, but Christian atheist or Muslim atheist ?
Jmild1

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:52:42 AM

You crazy man?
There's no atheist that believes in religion once they decided to be an atheist, all of the dogma they have and belief is being remove on their point of view too.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:45:17 PM

You crazy man?
There's no atheist that believes in religion once they decided to be an atheist, all of the dogma they have and belief is being remove on their point of view too.

Of course not. Atheists re-define the word "religion" leaving out all the points that would apply to their acting religious.

Cool

kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 09:02:03 AM

What you say is not evidence of anything. You can say: "I just want to say that you are only denying the existence of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. How can you came up with the idea of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Since you know Him, He exists. Another is that maybe it is your personal experience that make yourself distance from The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Try to observe in your surroundings. Can't you see how beautiful His creation? Well I respect your view but I am not convinced with it."

Does that prove that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real? No.

(obviously we all know that The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real. Otherwise, how do you explain that planets are round just like meatballs?)

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: