Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
Hamukione

Activity: 1202
Merit: 507

Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:27:03 AM

Sooooo many brain washed people in the world.

Why does religion matter?
Keep it at home and in your holy temple.

Thats it.. That is where it belongs.
Not in politics or any other place that has any kind of influence of other people.

Pinch.Network - Join the airdrop now for free! No waitlist, no points. Guaranteed airdrop by claiming a free NFT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:48:14 AM

Not in politics or any other place that has any kind of influence of other people.

Almost everything that people do has aspects of religion in it. If they make these things a living style, they are a religion for them. True, this religion is not like the formal religions. But it matches the definitions of religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 12:26:27 PM

Almost everything that people do has aspects of religion in it. If they make these things a living style, they are a religion for them. True, this religion is not like the formal religions. But it matches the definitions of religion.

Cool

Matches one of the definitions of 'religion', not all of them. That makes your statement at best a distortion of the truth and at worst a simple lie.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
joewilliams

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 01:53:50 PM

Amazing post. I absolutely agree with you. Especially about the violence. So many people dying now, and mostly because of some terrorist acts, and all those believers keep saying that everything is fine, god will save us...uhhh
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:14:30 PM

Im an atheist because of the simple reason,it is funny for me that someone believes that in the skies (??) there is some guy who rule's the whole universe.
Common,its 2016 how could someone still believe this? well,i cant change that anyway i dont care about religion.
Maybe except islam because they want to kill me for being an atheist lol

On the other hand, many people believe that we came from inorganic material through a process called evolution. Evolution has been proven to be mathematically impossible. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.0 It's funny to me how people, especially scientists, can keep on believing it when it has been shown to be scientifically (mathematically) impossible. But...

Let's say that evolution happened to be true for a moment. Why would it not be possible in this great universe for some form of evolution to have developed intelligent creatures thousands of times faster than people developed on earth? And why could they not be a lot more intelligent than we are?

Then, let's say one of them developed a mental way to manipulate space-time using his mind. Could he not change everything in the universe to have been brought into being by way of creation rather than evolution? Wouldn't He be God if He could do this? Why would you think that if impossible evolution could exist, that a seemingly impossible Being like God couldn't exist?

You might say that we have no proof. But we don't have proof for much of anything. In fact, when it comes right down to it, life is impossible, because we have no clue as to how it could exist in the first place. The only reason that we know life can exist is because we are here.

Think about it.

Cool
We became more clever because that fits our survival ability, it's just that we make it extend to the point where our intelligence is used to participate and other humans to survive for a living, that's why as thousand years passed by. People knew how to have agriculture and industry.

Yet the fact that cause and effect exist in everything, shows us that something caused us to be inventive, and something else caused the something, and something else caused that, all the way back to the Beginning. So everything is programmed to do what it does. And the Programmer would have to be great enough to fit our definition of "God."

This means that we DO know where life came from. It wasn't evolution, because evolution has been proven to be mathematically impossible anyway. It was God.

Cool
So you mean hating human lives is a really good thing at all? If your religion teach you to hate then you know your religion is not good.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:29:30 PM

Im an atheist because of the simple reason,it is funny for me that someone believes that in the skies (??) there is some guy who rule's the whole universe.
Common,its 2016 how could someone still believe this? well,i cant change that anyway i dont care about religion.
Maybe except islam because they want to kill me for being an atheist lol

On the other hand, many people believe that we came from inorganic material through a process called evolution. Evolution has been proven to be mathematically impossible. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.0 It's funny to me how people, especially scientists, can keep on believing it when it has been shown to be scientifically (mathematically) impossible. But...

Let's say that evolution happened to be true for a moment. Why would it not be possible in this great universe for some form of evolution to have developed intelligent creatures thousands of times faster than people developed on earth? And why could they not be a lot more intelligent than we are?

Then, let's say one of them developed a mental way to manipulate space-time using his mind. Could he not change everything in the universe to have been brought into being by way of creation rather than evolution? Wouldn't He be God if He could do this? Why would you think that if impossible evolution could exist, that a seemingly impossible Being like God couldn't exist?

You might say that we have no proof. But we don't have proof for much of anything. In fact, when it comes right down to it, life is impossible, because we have no clue as to how it could exist in the first place. The only reason that we know life can exist is because we are here.

Think about it.

Cool
We became more clever because that fits our survival ability, it's just that we make it extend to the point where our intelligence is used to participate and other humans to survive for a living, that's why as thousand years passed by. People knew how to have agriculture and industry.

Yet the fact that cause and effect exist in everything, shows us that something caused us to be inventive, and something else caused the something, and something else caused that, all the way back to the Beginning. So everything is programmed to do what it does. And the Programmer would have to be great enough to fit our definition of "God."

This means that we DO know where life came from. It wasn't evolution, because evolution has been proven to be mathematically impossible anyway. It was God.

Cool
So you mean hating human lives is a really good thing at all?
Does any religion teach people to hate except yours?

If your religion teach you to hate then you know your religion is not good.

I agree. So, why do you remain in your religion that teaches you to hate?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:34:03 AM

They tell us that god sacrificed Jesus to save us all. But since they say that he is omnipotent, couldn't he find a better way to save us all than sending Jesus on a suicide mission?

Having his son killed completely unnecessarily was an act of love?

I guess having Jesus killed is as much an act of love as sending us all to hell (including our descendants up to the 4th generation) for not believing in him or for believing on the wrong god.

I can imagine Jesus yelling to god after he returned home: I'm your son, how can having me killed improved the life of all that people?

Killing me wasn't a sin? How can they be better now after this sin? You sent the flood before for less than this.

The nonsenses that believers say just to rationalize the injustices of this world, like the killing of Jesus.

Couldn't they find a better explanation? Then they want us to believe in god, will all the absurdities they say god did.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:51:59 AM

Only YOU can save yourself.

Remember, none of what Paul says conforms to what Jesus said.

Basically, Jesus says works (as in sell all you have…) are necessary. John, taking a page from Paul, says faith in the resurrection of Jesus is necessary and sufficient. These are mutually exclusive methods.  Ergo one of them has to be wrong. Ergo, the bible is shown, once again to be wrong.

Read More:
https://thechurchoftruth.org/path-to-salvation-is-not-clear/
https://thechurchoftruth.org/jesus-did-not-die-for-your-sins/

Jesus didn't "let" people crucify Him. He invited it, at the correct time, of course. Why did Jesus do this? Here's why.
This is absurd. No one wishes to invite death, except for ones who are suicidal (suicide is against life). Your argument that Jesus invited his death is nonsensical; it can easily be seen that God has no need of martyrs since one who is wise can do God's work while alive. I happen to know that Jesus resisted his capture, but your personal view of theology (dogma) will not accept such a historical fact.

Jesus has promised salvation from death for all who believe in Him. But you can't know this if you only read Islamic texts, because Islamic texts have serious gaps and holes in them. You know which book to read to understand this.
That Bible has serious gaps and holes--so much that the OT appears to present many examples of what GOD would NOT DO. Yet you will never choose to read another book that criticizes the content of that Bible because you have closed your eyes to anything that could change your view (dogma) of that flawed text.

There is no use in discussing with you such facts as "Jesus resisted his capture" or "The Bible was re-written in order to suit men, not GOD" because you have already set your beliefs in stone; you are precisely the type of hypocrite that Jesus denounced.

qwik2learn

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:04:19 AM

“Most Christians fail to comprehend the implications of the belief system they embrace. Much of what they ‘know’ about their religion is a highly sanitized version that is promoted by their priests and pastors. Few bother to read and understand what is written in the Bible or think critically about what Christian doctrine implies.”

However, much the same can be said about atheists and skeptics. Most of them fail to comprehend the implications of the worldview they embrace.  Much of what they ‘know’ about Christianity is what someone else told them, or what they read on the internet. Few bother to read and understand what is written in the Bible or think critically about what Christian doctrine implies. Those that do read the Bible remove the context and cherry-pick verses that support their presuppositions and biases.

Read More: http://www.kyroot.com/?page_id=1299
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:25:58 AM

I am an atheist simply because i have no belief in a god or gods.  I don't beleive but choose not to accept,  i simply don't Beleive in fairy tales.  In this day and age religion is the last of the accepted mental illnesses.

Believing that God doesn't exist is a fairytale. Not believing in the existence of God is also a fairytale.

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:13:36 AM

How fun is heaven when 90% of the people you hate are also there?

Moloch

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:15:23 AM

You can't expect a priest to listen to your bullshit all night...

Moloch

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:16:00 AM

qwik2learn

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:26:36 AM

How fun is heaven when 90% of the people you hate are also there?

"If we look as ancient civilizations, numerous advancements were made in places where people gathered and exchanged ideas. Now we have the internet for that and if we can use it properly we should be able to exchange more ideas in a few years than the entire previous human history combined."

Long before the Inca built Machu Picchu, the Wari empire flourished between A.D. 700 and 1000 throughout much of present-day Peru. At a time when Paris had just 25,000 residents, the Wari capital Huari was home to 40,000 people at its height

"The fact that most of ancient cultures and religions talk about all being one, the one being god, etc., takes precedence today, for instance, when discussing quantum entanglement, and so on... today this concept [of the] holographic universe, is challenging and compelling but as long as the math works, eventually we will get use to it. All I know is that all we learned in school is being rewritten, so let's keep an open mind and enjoy the ride of the millenium.... yesterday's magic is today's science, the possibilities are endless!"

"People that are intelligent and open minded tend to be more respectful of one another. Can we exist in the 3rd dimension while experiencing other dimension?"

Read more here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/172812-our-universe-is-a-hologram-and-were-floating-inside-of-it-suggests-new-research#comment-1167538277
And here: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/172812-our-universe-is-a-hologram-and-were-floating-inside-of-it-suggests-new-research#comment-1167482280
qwik2learn

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:32:50 AM

You can't expect a priest to listen to your bullshit all night...
On the other hand...
You can always expect a smart man to listen to a woman's bullshit all night, because he knows that he is likely to get what he wants from her, which 99% of the time is "PLEASURE". What does the theory of phyiscalism have to say about sex? Can we trust the physicalist way of thinking about sex?

Dawkins finds sex ‘counter-productive, throwing away half one’s genes with every reproduction’. In The Cooperative Gene, evolutionary biologist Mark Ridley writes ‘Sex is a puzzle that has not yet been solved; no one knows why it exists’.

Duh! Sex feels good. The Darwinian/Dawkins idea that behavior promotes survival of ‘uncaring’ genes doesn’t add up. And if genes are ‘programmed’ to survive, programmed by whom?

"In the natural world, beautiful usually means deadly. Beautiful with a casual demeanor always means deadly." - Edward O. Wilson in Naturalist.

"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another; it is the only way." - Albert Einstein

Any atheist can rage at the churches, but what about discussion of the GOD question?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

"The New Age stereotype is that it is all about changing ourselves internally and the world will take care of itself. The political activists’ stereotype is that we ignore our inner selves to save the world. Neither works! The cultural creatives are about leaving that dichotomy behind and integrating the evolution of the self and the work on the whole." - Sarah van Gelder, editor of Yes! A Journal of Positive Future

Read more: http://www.systemsthinker.com/quotes/
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:25:39 AM

Let me just cut my response short and say this.
Religion has been interpreted differently by different people.
In my opinion, religion is just a guideline as to how you should live your life, with the essence being, don't hurt others, your self or the community in general.
Do good and be a part of humanity and work to make it a better place.
I think that's a simple concept, but people go too deep with religion imposing shit upon themselves and wrecking havoc on others.
So I agree with you partly, but I am not an atheist, I'm a man of science
And I just believe in one God..

kaitou.kidd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:10:50 AM

These are good reasons for being Atheist against the Biblical God. The reason why I am Atheist towards all Gods is that there has not been any evidence presented yet that has persuaded me that a God exists. I'll concede that a malevolent God could exist but there still isn't any evidence.
kik1977

Activity: 593

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:39:55 AM

I am atheist because, I was born this way, like any other children. They tried to indoctrinate me (not by my parents, rather by the society in general) but it didn't work (luckily).

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
kik1977

Activity: 593

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:42:35 AM

In my opinion, religion is just a guideline as to how you should live your life, with the essence being, don't hurt others, your self or the community in general.

I would just call it "common sense", not religion. And I follow to the same principles, as an atheist. You do not need religion to be good.

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Moloch

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:33:18 PM

I would just call it "common sense", not religion. And I follow to the same principles, as an atheist. You do not need religion to be good.

Religion isn't about being good... it's about "fake it 'til you make it"

Religion is about being an asshole, but God forgives you anyway

The bible/God says that owning slaves is ok... rape is ok... homosexuality deserves death... eating a cheeseburger deserves death... cutting your sideburns = death... (yet people only hear what they want to hear)  Cherry picking hypocrites... all of them

Most religious people have different versions of God because none of them actually read the bible... everyone just creates this image of perfection in their head, and that is God... to them... but not anyone else... everyone's God is different... if you watch two christians talk/debate, it's like they don't agree on anything... as if there is no objective God, and its all subjective... because there is no god

Christians say things like, "God says homosexuality is a sin"... well... that's not what God said in the bible... God commands you to MURDER them... personally... God tells you to MURDER homosexuals (because for some reason he can't do it himself)... if you are not murdering them, you are not following God's command...

Your sky god is evil, don't do it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: