Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
pawlo74

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:31:46 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 10:51:09 AM by pawlo74

https://blog.bity.com/2016/09/06/whitehat-withdrawal-contract-final-deposit-is-available/

The DarkDAO attacker withdrew 3.64 million ETC on September 6th 00:02 CET.
The funds are now located inside this address 0x5e8f0e63e7614c47079a41ad4c37be7def06df5a. At the time of writing most of the funds are intact except for 1,000 ETC the attacker donated to an address associated with ETC development. The WHG kindly ask that the recipient of these funds deposit the 1000 ETC to the withdraw contract so it can be distributed to its rightful owners.

DO NOT FORGET CODE IS LAW

We are not law enforcement or police and first of all we believe he is not hacker or attacker but very talented person who kindly helped us find bug in the system and should be awarded for this not punished!

who is we ?
ETC community, is it not? Than me! If this is not what ETC community feels like so my mistake and I should not be here. I was mislead to think like it.

You and I have similar feelings. So atleast one person shares your position.

Thanks good to hear this, but any way I do not look for friends here Wink I have my strong opinion and I disagree with some things on ETC webside.
If you make mistake and leave your wallet on public bench in public open park do not expect no one take your wallet and not necessary this person is thief or crook. Those DAO coders made mistake and they should pay the price but they blamed that person who executed their own code! This is sick that DAO and EF are the same people that is why we need human free solutions! That is why we need a code, perfect code.
Imo code in blockchain is the same as in smart contract. No person, justice system, court is perfect and will never be but code can and will be perfect. This is just mater of time. We need to keep improving that code till gets perfect. After that we dont need trust any imperfect human. In blockchain and in smart contracts we tying replace humans with code.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:11:51 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 11:27:31 AM by greenuser

https://blog.bity.com/2016/09/06/whitehat-withdrawal-contract-final-deposit-is-available/

The funds are now located inside this address 0x5e8f0e63e7614c47079a41ad4c37be7def06df5a. At the time of writing most of the funds are intact except for 1,000 ETC the attacker donated to an address associated with ETC development. The WHG kindly ask that the recipient of these funds deposit the 1000 ETC to the withdraw contract so it can be distributed to its rightful owners.

We are not law enforcement or police and first of all we believe he is not hacker or attacker but very talented person who kindly helped us find bug in the system and should be awarded for this not punished!

who is we ?
ETC community, is it not? Than me! If this is not what ETC community feels like so my mistake and I should not be here. I was mislead to think like it.

Thanks good to hear this, but any way I do not look for friends here Wink I have my strong opinion and I disagree with some things on ETC webside.
If you make mistake and leave your wallet on public bench in public open park do not expect no one take your wallet and not necessary this person is thief or crook. Those DAO coders made mistake and they should pay the price but they blamed that person who executed their own code! This is sick that DAO and EF are the same people that is why we need human free solutions! That is why we need a code, perfect code.
Imo code in blockchain is the same as in smart contract. No person, justice system, court is perfect and will never be but code can and will be perfect. This is just mater of time. We need to keep improving that code till gets perfect. After that we dont need trust any imperfect human. In blockchain and in smart contracts we tying replace humans with code.

I agree, however we are at the frontier of this process. I am also hopeful that code can one day run an autonomous governance system within an organisation.

But firstly, there needs to be a way....
where those that don't want to invest in a "leave your wallet on public bench in public open park" kinda investment
don't get their assets trashed when the inevitable happens.

pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:00:38 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 03:16:27 AM by pawlo74

who is we ?

I agree, however we are at the frontier of this process. I am also hopeful that code can one day run an autonomous governance system within an organisation.

But firstly, there needs to be a way....
where those that don't want to invest in a "leave your wallet on public bench in public open park" kinda investment
don't get their assets trashed when the inevitable happens.

That is why I did not invest in in DAO! I only invest in CODE human resistant code proven to be good enough (BTC, ETC).
I also did not invest in ETF I've been afraid of EF from a start. ETF is not a code is people. Insane people Vitalik and his blind followers, they do not need blockchain they need just database. They are the CODE and I knew it from beginning.
I am not afraid Ethereum (ETC) yet because there is no more Vitalik, EF or insane fiat fanboys who doesnt know what cyber punk means.
I am not afraid ETC community yet but I am watching you I am worried about IOHK influence and pure POS. I will vote with my money, crypto is very liquid.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:22:09 PM

Rebrand in etc is really welcome.
We need all new, we need ethf forget us.
We live in a free world, in a free market, then we need move on

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:39:34 PM

wow. vitalik calling for super user blockchain access.

https://mobile.twitter.com/eth_classic/status/774431584707547136

Bank of Vitalik anyone? where your coins are backed in full by by the finest, most trustworthy folks in the world. cant go wrong with THAT.
bitfish

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:26:16 PM

Eth foundation and vitalik are criminals

Grin
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:39:35 PM

I'm hoping that quite all right to ETC ... Smiley  Wink Wink Wink
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:07:16 AM

Next week people will se etc power again.
The pump is coming soon.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:11:26 AM

I vote we keep the name Ethereum.  Make ETH change their name since they have changed everything else... Now superuser access to change the blockchain...  The never ending revelations and willingness to change in a very bad way with Vitalik and company is really pathetic now.
Altty

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:36:55 AM

I know this is asked a lot, but what happens when ETC is forked? Is there plans for when ETHEREUM is ready for PoS?

I believe the original ETHEREUM roadmap had plans for multiple forks in the original plans. Or perhaps I am mistaken?
greenuser

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:17:56 AM

I know this is asked a lot, but what happens when ETC is forked? Is there plans for when ETHEREUM is ready for PoS?

I believe the original ETHEREUM roadmap had plans for multiple forks in the original plans. Or perhaps I am mistaken?

We will also need to fork at some point but i don't see Ethereum Classic publising a roadmap anytime soon.  Most of the developers are in cells around the world with each cell all working on their own roadmap.  Consensious will have to happen at some point. 

The current responce seems to be, "A roadmap is just an open presentation of goals and things that will be worked on to achieve those goals over time."

Longsnowsm

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:11:48 PM

ETH has several forks planned and will end up in POS at some point.  It has not been stated when that will happen, but it sounds like it is being pushed out a bit.  I don't know how they can delay because diff for mining ETH is climbing fast so they are forced to do something sooner than I think they are ready to.  There seems to always be a disconnect between the DEV's and the miners.  The DEV's act like they have time, the miners are like.... uuuuummmmm, tick tock tick tock...

Unfortunately for the miners in ETH the time will run out soon enough and they will have to look for greener pastures.

Most of the conversations in ETC have been focused on staying POW.  Some of us are pressing the issue and suggesting that a hybrid of POC or POS needs to be part of the mix or the ASIC's will come in and run the show.  The DEV's don't seem to understand the implications of this even after having it explained they don't understand the peril that BTC is in because of consolidated mining to only the big boys, and consolidated only in places of low costs and low energy costs can compete.  It leaves the entire network at risk.  They don't seem to get it.  I don't know how to convey it to them to understand this.  But we are trying to get the point across.  It is funny that the miners get it but nobody else seems to.  We will have to see what happens next.

At this point I think they will make a hard fork soon enough in ETC to say POW probably by the end of the year.  They do have a road map that outlines the possibility of going hybrid in 2018 I believe.  There are lots of very interesting things being talked about and some people are working hard to make happen.  So there is a lot to look forward to. 

The near term hurdle however is dealing with the difficulty bomb and replay attack issue.  That looks like it will be addressed by the end of the year or very early next year.  We are still waiting for formal announcement to get this on everyones radar.
greenuser

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:34:18 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 02:13:08 AM by greenuser

Leaving the bomb in the chain gives leverage.  If ETC Devs release a fork date to go to a hybrid algo, what will stop miners from refusing to run the new geth?  Forking potentially causes two chains. Leaving the bomb ticking means this chain will eventually die.  
EF gauged it wrong.  They forked way too early.  There's still time in this chain to get a Dev team together and fork away,. like what is happening now. Maybe the players in this game want to be sure everyone will fork to a new chain.  You don't want to leave copies of the world computer kicking around for just anyone to use. Do you?

Maybe they will just take the bomb out, who knows, interesting reading here
http://www.slideshare.net/arcatomia/ethereum-classic-shanghai-products-and-services

Longsnowsm

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:28:30 AM

I was suggesting today that it might be a good idea to kick the can down the road on the bomb just to force the dev team to come back to the table in 2018 to address the "next gen" of ETC whatever that turns out to be.  Otherwise my fear is they are going to HF to diffuse the bomb and then do nothing.  We will see the ASIC's come screaming in and then the real damage begins with ETC consolidating with fewer and fewer miners as all the power gets sucked into a few select locations with cheap costs and cheap electricity.  

I don't know that they will take my suggestion seriously, but it might be to our benefit to prolong the bomb just to make sure that they have to address a hybrid implementation or how to address the ASIC's that will have already come to market probably by the summer time next year.  

I suggested in some previous chats that we could look at a coin like Verge which has gone to a multi algo to address the ASIC's and make the diff higher on ASIC enabled algo's, but they also mine other algo's on the same coin on x15 and x17 if I recall correctly.  So there are ways to address the ASIC threat and keep POW in the picture.  Of course POC I think is very interesting and should be investigated as a serious contender.  That would put a lot of new miners in the mix and change the cost and energy dynamics completely.  

BUT, I don't think anything will happen if they defuse the bomb and are not required to come back to the table to work the issues.  So I am hoping that they will review the roadmap and agree that by 2018 we should be ready to do something for the next gen of ETC and we should re-time the bomb for 2018 to ensure that there is forward momentum.  So that is kinda my though process on this, but I am just a fly on the wall here...  
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:09:53 AM

Some very interesting points made by Charles.  A rebrand looks inevitable.  

But he is correct, "Overall, it's been a great two months!"

"Action packed" i would say.  I can't wait to see the movie.   Cheesy

I was thinking if we had to change our name... we could use

Aetherum Classic as a name.

We could use Aether as the unit of currency with awei, aszabo, afinney as subdivisions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether

hi green,
i dont think we need or should rebrand.

some thoughts on it
if you sell someting with a brand on it like Ethereum was done you cant sue the buyer for using the brand.

i bought my ethereum and ethereum classic was a gift from ethereum foundation beccouse of the fork.
so how could they by any means sue anyone for trademark?
i cant see a case there .
its like microsoft  sais now o i dont like windows xp anymore i hate it i want it to die and therefor i forbit every one to use my trademark windows on it ....
i read what charles said there about investors .... microsoft got investors and they had a lot of open ends legali as i recall.
if you get bigger you always get sued for plagiat or what ever.
i wonder how the founding will be done in etc .... via donation ? fees ? do you have an idea about what is planed ?   

and the goverance ?

greenuser

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:16:54 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 09:29:08 AM by greenuser

I was suggesting today that it might be a good idea to kick the can down the road on the bomb just to force the dev team to come back to the table in 2018 to address the "next gen" of ETC whatever that turns out to be.  Otherwise my fear is they are going to HF to diffuse the bomb and then do nothing.  We will see the ASIC's come screaming in and then the real damage begins with ETC consolidating with fewer and fewer miners as all the power gets sucked into a few select locations with cheap costs and cheap electricity.  

I don't know that they will take my suggestion seriously, but it might be to our benefit to prolong the bomb just to make sure that they have to address a hybrid implementation or how to address the ASIC's that will have already come to market probably by the summer time next year.  

if you read yesterday mornings #general Slack you will see i kicked of about lack of roadmap and the disconnect between devs and the public.  I was a lone voice so they don't see a problem.  Go back and read the slack.  I managed to get some chat going with one of the devs but not sure if there was an attempt to appease me.  But if more people bang on about it they will take notice.  I think that currently they are surrounded buy a small group who tell them they are wonderful.  Go ask them for a roadmap.  See waht happens.

I don't think they understand that mining etc was a protest....
I was'nt mining ethereum when the fork happened.  I was mining feathercoin. I switched to mining old ethereum at block #1920000 because of how the fork was implemented.  I had mined Ethereum  previously, from March up to one week before the Dao attack.  I stopped mining it one week before the Dao attack due to the arrogance of the foundation and because any post i made that questioned what they were doing were removed from their forum.

I suggested in some previous chats that we could look at a coin like Verge which has gone to a multi algo to address the ASIC's and make the diff higher on ASIC enabled algo's, but they also mine other algo's on the same coin on x15 and x17 if I recall correctly.  So there are ways to address the ASIC threat and keep POW in the picture.  Of course POC I think is very interesting and should be investigated as a serious contender.  That would put a lot of new miners in the mix and change the cost and energy dynamics completely.  

I am currently piloting an array of HHDs to mine Burst.  Sorting out the wallet and full node took some time as you have to send and receive Burst to make it active.  However, there is a light wallet and a phone wallet if you are into pool mining.  They have a cool messaging system too where you can include text with payments.  Once set up it's very slick and easy to use.  Nice GUI with loads of info.  It makes Mist look dated.  Also looks like smart contracts will soon be available.

BUT, I don't think anything will happen if they defuse the bomb and are not required to come back to the table to work the issues.  So I am hoping that they will review the roadmap and agree that by 2018 we should be ready to do something for the next gen of ETC and we should re-time the bomb for 2018 to ensure that there is forward momentum.  So that is kinda my though process on this, but I am just a fly on the wall here...  
Go speak your mind, go ask for a roadmap.  How can people invest if they are in the dark?  I am a lone voice among 1000 wanabe devs when i ask.

greenuser

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:22:44 AM

Some very interesting points made by Charles.  A rebrand looks inevitable.  

But he is correct, "Overall, it's been a great two months!"

"Action packed" i would say.  I can't wait to see the movie.   Cheesy

I was thinking if we had to change our name... we could use

Aetherum Classic as a name.

We could use Aether as the unit of currency with awei, aszabo, afinney as subdivisions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether

hi green,
i dont think we need or should rebrand.

some thoughts on it
if you sell someting with a brand on it like Ethereum was done you cant sue the buyer for using the brand.

i bought my ethereum and ethereum classic was a gift from ethereum foundation beccouse of the fork.
so how could they by any means sue anyone for trademark?
i cant see a case there .
its like microsoft  sais now o i dont like windows xp anymore i hate it i want it to die and therefor i forbit every one to use my trademark windows on it ....
i read what charles said there about investors .... microsoft got investors and they had a lot of open ends legali as i recall.
if you get bigger you always get sued for plagiat or what ever.
i wonder how the founding will be done in etc .... via donation ? fees ? do you have an idea about what is planed ?  

and the goverance ?

Just testing the water roselee, sticking an "A" before everything is a quick fix if we need to.

yns1971

Activity: 399

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:28:16 AM

It's time to buy ETC
greenuser

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:31:43 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2016, 11:12:18 AM by greenuser

It's time to buy ETC
I hope you are right @yns1971

For those of you too shy to ask  Wink  
you do not have to lose face

Wallets here:

Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum) by whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0

"ETC geth node" 1.4.10 requires no additional flags to use the Ethereum Classic network.
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases/tag/6aaf5f3
"ETC geth node" 1.4.11 source is now available for early use and testing, please create a detailed report if any issues are found.
https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases

Light Client-Side Wallet by elaine
So no need to download the blockchain https://elaineo.github.io/etherwallet/#generate-wallet
Send with Replay Protection on the light wallet https://elaineo.github.io/etherwallet/#replay-protection

Ethereum Classic Wallet Google Chrome Extension by DontPanicBurns  
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/classicetherwallet-cx/opggclcfcbfbchcienjdaohghcamjfhf

Ledger Nano S Hardware Wallet now supports Ethereum Classic
https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/12-ledger-nano-s

Android wallet due early October

And Now! Minebox (decentralized cloud storage) https://minebox.io/ launching soon on
The Immutable Ethereum Classic Blockchain

“I had the pleasure of learning about minebox with the team in Vienna. I told them I wanted to be their first customer;
this is a phenomenal solution for decentralizing all the things”

Erik Voorhees CEO of Shapshift

Mining pools that are know good payers  
https://etc.suprnova.cc/  
http://epool.io/#/  
https://etc.nanopool.org/
http://etc.coinpool.biz
other pools are available but think decenteralisation when you choose
(please help others and tell us the good from the bad)

Pool Mining: How-to for Windows with AMD GPU page 217 of this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559630.4320
Solo Mining: How-to for Windows  on bottom of page 191 of this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559630.3800

Ethereum Classic Cloud Mining Service https://ethasher.com/

Got a scrypt ASIC and want to be paid in ETC?  https://prohashing.com/

Network Hashrate is ~500 GH/s http://fork.ethstats.net/
Hashrate Distribution http://etherx.com/pools/
Mining Profit Calculator  https://www.whattomine.com/
Official Block Explorer  http://blocks.elaineou.com/home
New Block Explorer under Development (please give feedback) EtherX.com

Ethereum Classic Website https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
Now with links to the NEWETHEREUM CLASSIC FORUM, just follow “SOCIAL LINK” on the Ethereum Classic Website

sCOOL_CLASSic
Want to learn how to code smart contracts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jI1TuEaTro

Come aboard, All miners are Welcome!
Please watch this video & try to begin to understand how you can help scale this project.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8oeiOeDq_Nc

Follow the progress of the 12 person Dev Team & The Bomb Disposal Squad
here: https://trello.com/etcdev
and https://github.com/ethereumproject
Plus: https://trello.com/b/IMM4cxSD/etc-marketing-documents-deliverables

DEVCHAT
August link (pdf Download) http://cointunnel.com/fetch/discussion-group.pdf
September link https://steemit.com/ethereum/@charleshosk/ethereum-classic-an-update

We have 100+ volunteer coders https://github.com/ethereumproject/volunteer/tree/master/Key    
1132 on slack https://ethereumclassic.slack.com/messages/development/
And World support from many miners like Chandler Guo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgz7k5iTGkI
Keiser Report on RT tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmctYSF1-w&feature=youtu.be&t=1071

Note For Traders

Only invest what you can afford to loose.  Remember, bubbles can pop!
Don't trade on emotion, only on mathematical theory / systems.
Do your “due diligence” research, research, research. (Is the commodity experimental?)
Spread your investment over a number of coins to “hedge your bets”
Think of going “short” to protect yourself from potential losses.
Do not trade with a loaded gun and a bottle of spirits/hard liquor in the room.
Crypto is high risk, have you tried gold or silver trading? forex even?
Ethereum Classic is a long term investment, look for quick returns elsewhere!

malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:03:38 PM

Will ETC go for Hard Fork soon ? I have heard about it in troll box and do not understand what is fork is Tongue
BTW will we get announcement regarding new fork ?
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: