Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 [868] 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234004 times)
cryptocratic

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:09:26 PM

is this project still alive? this is the biggest bull trap of the entire 2017.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:15:24 PM

is this project still alive? this is the biggest bull trap of the entire 2017.

Very alive and one of the best crypto designs out there. Silly distributional model held it back that is all.

That and imbecile noobs thinking that unit price is important and not looking at total MC

Whilst many inferior designs rigged it so they can collude huge caps... tonych thought it best to make it so that many holding the most were running other projects.

In the end expect this to turn out a top 10 project and stay there.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

Enough said, I think there is some ground for Tonych to learn from the comments being made here. We loved the full moon distribution model because it was clear and (maybe) too predictable both in terms of coin distribution and coin value.
Let's see how things unfold: I want Byteball to be recognized in the crypto world and I trust having such a good dev will help the project going forward but the whole distribution model needs to be shared and planned better than this.
Malek17

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:24:13 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 11:45:58 PM by Malek17

talks of forking this are completely ridiculous. I have been one of tony's harshest critics since the start but that kind of talk is just a bit crazy and also very ungrateful. As if there are even more than a handful of developers that can attempt to fill tonych's shoes? where will you magically get another  tony ch to take over or fix if future issues arise. Let's keep up  pressure to get Tony to listen more to the community but let's remain slightly sensible here. Talks of take over dev teams and such are fantasy.

Tony's main problem is he is a genius coder and designer but is also probably an idealist like a lot of super smart people who don;t really give a shit about profits and money. Think about it people this smart are generally very wealthy already.

Now we just need to make Tony understand that this entire game is right now governed by speculation and the real truth is 99% of people are here to get rich. Sure a few will come and say we dont care about profits we are idealists and believers too. These people are talking bullshit. Whilst tonyCH seeks adoption but where is iota's adoption, where is xrbs adoption.... adoption at this point in crypto is not that important. Appealing to investors and speculators is important right now. Once you get them on board and a huge CAP is there you will get 100X more attention anyway and if the  tech backs up the hype your adoption will naturally come next without begging or paying people to adopt it.

I said at the start willingly letting other ico managers take the lions share of tokens was quite crazy. Tony didn't seem to think it mattered for some reason or other.

Tony then realised giving it out over and over again to btc owners was a bad idea so gradually shut them out.

Tony did NOT realise that a LOT of people invested in byteball on the basis not only of it being great tech but also because of the full moon drops. Cancelling those was a terrible mistake since it then destroyed the trust of many investors.

I do have faith that byteball will be a top 10 project even now. However this mess with the distribution needs to end and end fast.

If a burn is not possible I think a huge air drop to all byteball holders (excluding wallets known to be ico managers and exchanges) by huge I mean 30% in one big airdrop. Tony keeps 10% to do what he likes with and we move on from here.

Also a more distributed network needs to be worked out asap.

Then let us as a community move on from worrying about the distribution and get on with pushing forward to get byteball out there.

The problem with tony also is that he thinks he can just ignore the posts he does not feel like discussing and just cherry pick posts to reply to. This again looks bad. You need to be consistent and install trust. Many super smart people are very dynamic and it can appear they are super changeable and unreliable when really they are just adjusting to what they think best in the current situation. However if you want to make these  changes you need really to discuss and convince the community or at least some of them. People here are very use to being part of a decentralised community driven decision process. It seems strange to have huge changes thrust on to them with no discussion and then when they complain no answer or even recognition of their concerns.

You have to remember though with this project a LOT of the huge whales have no interest in seeing byteball beat their own projects so since they have such control of the price because they got gifted such huge amounts of the minting that they can beat us down at will. It will take many cycles to take away their power.

Byteball is still way undervalued i think but the question is how to get it to fair value.  For a start we need to bring more serious investors for long term holds. I think fully distributing and getting a more decentralised network will be a good start.

This thread is mostly full of arguing about the distribution and the unit size. We need this thread full of positive discussion about how to push byteball forward and demonstrate how good it is next to other projects.

TonyCH is a great designer and coder but just  needs to spend a bit more time listening to the community and to give a few more reasons for his decisions and make the entire thing feel more of a community effort (although really he is the project)

I feel we are all being a bit harsh on him but it is frustration at these last min changes that are making us seem ungrateful for this great piece of work.

I think tony does what he really thinks is best for the project but I think sometimes he is wrong and sometimes he needs to discuss these changes  with the community and explain he reasons fully. I mean after all if he is way smarter than most of us (which is highly likely) maybe we are the ones not fully comprehending the benefits of such changes. All the same we need to be made to understand so we all have more faith in the project going forward. Install more faith and trust and you will install a lof of long term holders that will suck up supply and hold it. That is exactly what you want whilst you work on driving demand too.

There nothing wrong with people selling their airdrops in fact it’s necessary for the growth of the coin you will have to let the market decide,so do you want everybody to hold to their bytes who’s going to buy and sell then people dumping their airdrop is total expected it’s only a temporary problem and the coin should stabilize soon after the distribution is finished but the problem Tony doesn’t seem to want to finish the distribution if he want to distribute the coin to as many people as possible that’s fine but there are many ways out there to do it quick and there is nothing wrong to distribute to bitcoin/byteball holders or any other method as long as it doesn’t take too long he should have set a time limit 3/6 months to finish the distribution and I don’t see anything wrong either with forking byteball if Tony doesn’t want to listen to community that’s fine as I said earlier byteball is his baby and I respect that but if someone able to do the fork and rally the community behind him there is absolutely nothing wrong with that,at the end the market will decide.
p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:05:26 PM

An update about future distribution plans.

So far, bytes were mainly distributed via airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, and a relatively small portion was distributed through the cashback program.  We started this free distribution with the purpose of getting the currency as wide spread as possible, and while the purpose stays the same, methods can change.  The airdrop method worked well to get the initial user base, but it also proved to be the least efficient in terms of user acquisition cost.

Over the next few months, we'll add more methods of free distribution.  One of them is already being developed, I expect it to be ready in the first half of December.  

The new methods are designed to grow our user base faster than the money supply.

While the new methods are still untested, it is early to drop the airdrops.  That's why the next round of distribution to Bytes and BTC holders is tentatively planned for the full moon of March 2, 2018.  The rules are the same as in the previous round:

For every 16 BTC you receive 0.1 GB,
For every 1 GB you receive additional 0.1 GB,

and similar rules for blackbytes.

This round can be postponed or even canceled depending on performance of other distribution methods.

As I said before, airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, which we did on full moons, were a good way to bootstrap the network and get initial attention.  But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool.  We had to pivot to other distribution methods, but at the time I was writing the above post they were not ready yet, and I had to tentatively put another old-style airdrop on the calendar.

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

3. Giveaways, such as those that Rafael does to his youtube subscribers.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

Other similar methods will be added over time, the purpose is to use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently to acquire as many new users as possible.

There were multiple suggestions to redirect a part of undistributed funds from free distribution, i.e. from acquiring users, and spend it for hiring more people, paying contractors, etc.  While I understand the reasoning behind these suggestions, it is also important that we learn to spend money wisely, with the maximum effect per spent $, before (and if) we scale up the budget.  Anyway, it is unnecessary to repurpose the undistributed funds now as we have enough funds in the Community Fund to fund the current operations in the near future: it is over $1m in Bytes (plus another $1m in less liquid blackbytes).

hello Tony and team, it would be correct to announce the cancellation of distribution, along with the announcement of new distribution methods. Since in fact after November, the distribution has practically stopped. Most of the members of the community are concerned about the fate of the remaining 40% of the funds. The distribution was already prolonged for a long time. listing on new exchangers would solve the issue of liquidity and price drop after the full moon. The first thing to do is to solve the issue of listing for liquid exchangers, the community is constantly talking about this, but the response from your team has not been followed, why are not you doing this?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
bakgwei

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:38:18 PM

Quick technical question: I am restoring my wallet from seed, but upon restarting the windows app I get an error message "uncaught exception...message encrypted to unknown key...error might be caused by restoring from an old backup or using the same keys on another device"

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:42:53 PM

WTS a large number of blackbyte, 250k - 500k MBB, PM offers (ABOVE current market price)

Did you try one of the blackbyte bots?
I dont see why I would buy above marketprice...

Because you want a large enough quantity those markets can't support the order. you'd actually get a better deal via  me

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:07:10 AM
Merited by Malek17 (1)

Congratulations Tonych, you've successfully crashed bytes by 50% in three days.
xfunk

Activity: 174
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:20:03 AM

wow, what a drop!
And who now will be interested in this coin after such a sharp price drop?

Tonych, the key point to adoption is to make people want to have this coin but not vice versa. IMO.

Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:30:57 AM

wow, what a drop!
And who now will be interested in this coin after such a sharp price drop?

Tonych, the key point to adoption is to make people want to have this coin but not vice versa. IMO.

In fact, yes, total disappointment. He shouldn't have cancelled this airdrop. Maybe reduce rewards, but cancelling it altogether was not a good choice.
Malek17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:44:51 AM

It bound to happen once the announcement for the end of the distribution to Byteball/Bitcoin Holders a lot of people will sell their coins but in this case it's worse a lot of people are unhappy with the Dev Moves,lack of communication and ignoring the community demands from the Dev,lack of new exchanges ...etc it will probably drop further then stabilize at some point,for the near future i can't see Byteball growing again unless something major happens like adding Byteball to a major exchange...etc i am afraid Byteball will lose some genuine supporters so may be before trying to get new people into Byteball try to keep the ones that already in first so i am quite sure the new methods won't get a lot of people into Byteball but time will tell,any way guys don't worry too much there will always be new projects and there will be new interesting coins in the future for sure
Cryptaculara

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:52:11 AM

So far, bytes were mainly distributed via airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, and a relatively small portion was distributed through the cashback program.  We started this free distribution with the purpose of getting the currency as wide spread as possible, and while the purpose stays the same, methods can change.  The airdrop method worked well to get the initial user base, but it also proved to be the least efficient in terms of user acquisition cost.

Over the next few months, we'll add more methods of free distribution.  One of them is already being developed, I expect it to be ready in the first half of December.  

The new methods are designed to grow our user base faster than the money supply.

While the new methods are still untested, it is early to drop the airdrops.  That's why the next round of distribution to Bytes and BTC holders is tentatively planned for the full moon of March 2, 2018.  The rules are the same as in the previous round:

This round can be postponed or even canceled depending on performance of other distribution methods.

As I said before, airdrops to holders of BTC and Bytes, which we did on full moons, were a good way to bootstrap the network and get initial attention.  But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool.  We had to pivot to other distribution methods, but at the time I was writing the above post they were not ready yet, and I had to tentatively put another old-style airdrop on the calendar.

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

Other similar methods will be added over time, the purpose is to use the remaining undistributed coins most efficiently to acquire as many new users as possible.

There were multiple suggestions to redirect a part of undistributed funds from free distribution, i.e. from acquiring users, and spend it for hiring more people, paying contractors, etc.  While I understand the reasoning behind these suggestions, it is also important that we learn to spend money wisely, with the maximum effect per spent $, before (and if) we scale up the budget.  Anyway, it is unnecessary to repurpose the undistributed funds now as we have enough funds in the Community Fund to fund the current operations in the near future: it is over $1m in Bytes (plus another $1m in less liquid blackbytes).

What about secret/magic textcoin phrases with hints and clues?  You could do famous quotes, song lyrics, or word puzzles.  
You could make it fun by creating a YouTube channel that hosts weekly games and prize giveaways...that would serve to both create hype and distribute tokens.  

Last summer I worked at camp for school-aged kids, and managed to create a successful literacy program simply by combining fun with prizes...and within the privacy of our own homes, every adult is just a really anxious kid. lol
zecon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:52:23 AM

It bound to happen once the announcement for the end of the distribution to Byteball/Bitcoin Holders a lot of people will sell their coins but in this case it's worse a lot of people are unhappy with the Dev Moves,lack of communication and ignoring the community demands from the Dev,lack of new exchanges ...etc it will probably drop further then stabilize at some point,for the near future i can't see Byteball growing again unless something major happens like adding Byteball to a major exchange...etc i am afraid Byteball will lose some genuine supporters so may be before trying to get new people into Byteball try to keep the ones that already in first so i am quite sure the new methods won't get a lot of people into Byteball but time will tell,any way guys don't worry too much there will always be new projects and there will be new interesting coins in the future for sure

What you're supposed to say is, "Thanks for the dip, Tony".

And I'll also say thanks for $400 GBYTE, quite a random gift.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:53:45 AM

Sure, you can buy it. But remember, Bitcoin will be $50000 and Ethereum will be $5000 this year. I don't think that Byteball will cost $2000, but everything can happen of course.
Stunna
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278

Primedice.com, Stake.com

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:59:16 AM

1. Cashback.

I was very optimistic about this coin, I would have bought if Bittrex ever opened registrations but I had quite a few from airdrops. This type of controversial decision isn't something you make at this point along, this is entirely different to what those who invested expected to occur. Major coins should aim to reach consensus instead of just having one founder call the shots. This is why I'm glad satoshi left so early on.

Nonetheless I do appreciate the free coins and what has been done by Tony thus far. I do hope this proves to be a good long-term strategy but I can't invest money into a project which would make controversial decisions like this with such little communication.

Stake.com Fastest growing crypto casino & sportsbook
Primedice.com The original bitcoin instant dice game
Legendary Newbie

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:59:50 AM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

I am very surprised and disappointed with attitude of some people here. I guess it is understandable that so many people are only after profit in these times of cryptocurrency bubble as most of them are technology illiterate. But, bashing developer(s) for not giving you more free money?! Don't you think you are going a bit too far? Are you only interested in your investments bringing you short term profit or are you here because you want to be a part revolutionary technology that will change the way we live our lives?

Blockchain and DAG are wonderful technologies that should advance mankind, give all people some more freedom from everyday oppression, make our lives easier so we can focus on things that matter. And instead, millions of people are rushing in using only their basic instincts, while using no brain whatsoever. Wooohoo, free beer! Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want to be a millionaire tomorrow by investing $10 today! Come on Tony, where's my money?! I bough GBYTE when it was $60 and now it is only $600! If only you would change it to KBYTE and burn the rest, I would have $6000 now! Come on Tony, do as I say or I will leave! Even worse, I will make my own fork!

Well, let me ask all of you who are after quick profit - what is it that you have done, contributed or created, so that you ask for easy money? You did some coding? Developed something on your own? Gave away free GBYTEs to attract more users? Your shop is in cashback program? You want to make a fork? Please do! I bet half of you couldn't make "Hello World". You invested money into this project? Big deal - you did it because you thought you will make a quick profit, not because you wanted this project to succeed for technology sake. If it wasn't for Byteball, you would have invested in something else as you probably did.

Are you offended? No problem, look for more profit somewhere else. I am willing to bet all my GBYTEs that most of you who are whining now had profit from Byteball so far and hadn't lost a dime.

And who knows, maybe Tony thinks that his technology is more important than you guys buying Tesla cars. Maybe he remembers that during previous bubble (.com one) only good ideas with lots of work, substance and sacrifice made it (Amazon worked with loses for 6 years, before making profit and look at it today). Maybe he thinks inflating Byteball now, while it is not yet ready to support large volumes would ruin it forever. Maybe he thinks more stable currency will do more good than one jumping up and down whenever some millionaire/bank/investment fund/politician feels like messing around. Maybe not listing GBYTE on major exchanges should indicate something? Maybe he just doesn't care about money. Or maybe he is just messing with us all and has made a fortune and will disappear in a month's time to live his life happily ever after, drinking cocktails on a Caribbean beach with four young ladies. Who knows?

After all, you are all free to make your own choices, say what you want to say and do what you want to do. I will stay with Byteball, willing to risk my investment and hoping to one day use Byteball wallet on a daily basis and doing my next project on Byteball DAG. Maybe I will lose my investment - that is fine, I never invest more than I can get over easily. If not, even better. If there is a profit on top of this technology, well that would be a cherry on top. Maybe you should rethink what your expectations really are? Probably will help in making a better decision going forward.
Malek17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:00:46 AM

under the current circumstances investors will think twice before jump in of course some random investors who know nothing about the coin and its history will always buy the dip
Malek17

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:15:40 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 03:02:25 AM by Malek17

I am very surprised and disappointed with attitude of some people here. I guess it is understandable that so many people are only after profit in these times of cryptocurrency bubble as most of them are technology illiterate. But, bashing developer(s) for not giving you more free money?! Don't you think you are going a bit too far? Are you only interested in your investments bringing you short term profit or are you here because you want to be a part revolutionary technology that will change the way we live our lives?

Blockchain and DAG are wonderful technologies that should advance mankind, give all people some more freedom from everyday oppression, make our lives easier so we can focus on things that matter. And instead, millions of people are rushing in using only their basic instincts, while using no brain whatsoever. Wooohoo, free beer! Gimme, gimme, gimme! I want to be a millionaire tomorrow by investing $10 today! Come on Tony, where's my money?! I bough GBYTE when it was $60 and now it is only $600! If only you would change it to KBYTE and burn the rest, I would have $6000 now! Come on Tony, do as I say or I will leave! Even worse, I will make my own fork!

Well, let me ask all of you who are after quick profit - what is it that you have done, contributed or created, so that you ask for easy money? You did some coding? Developed something on your own? Gave away free GBYTEs to attract more users? Your shop is in cashback program? You want to make a fork? Please do! I bet half of you couldn't make "Hello World". You invested money into this project? Big deal - you did it because you thought you will make a quick profit, not because you wanted this project to succeed for technology sake. If it wasn't for Byteball, you would have invested in something else as you probably did.

Are you offended? No problem, look for more profit somewhere else. I am willing to bet all my GBYTEs that most of you who are whining now had profit from Byteball so far and hadn't lost a dime.

And who knows, maybe Tony thinks that his technology is more important than you guys buying Tesla cars. Maybe he remembers that during previous bubble (.com one) only good ideas with lots of work, substance and sacrifice made it (Amazon worked with loses for 6 years, before making profit and look at it today). Maybe he thinks inflating Byteball now, while it is not yet ready to support large volumes would ruin it forever. Maybe he thinks more stable currency will do more good than one jumping up and down whenever some millionaire/bank/investment fund/politician feels like messing around. Maybe not listing GBYTE on major exchanges should indicate something? Maybe he just doesn't care about money. Or maybe he is just messing with us all and has made a fortune and will disappear in a month's time to live his life happily ever after, drinking cocktails on a Caribbean beach with four young ladies. Who knows?

After all, you are all free to make your own choices, say what you want to say and do what you want to do. I will stay with Byteball, willing to risk my investment and hoping to one day use Byteball wallet on a daily basis and doing my next project on Byteball DAG. Maybe I will lose my investment - that is fine, I never invest more than I can get over easily. If not, even better. If there is a profit on top of this technology, well that would be a cherry on top. Maybe you should rethink what your expectations really are? Probably will help in making a better decision going forward.
No body doubting DAG here and most people are unhappy not because of the price   it's probably the lack of communication and the Dev totally ignoring community demands probably most people here expect Byteball to be a decentralized community driven coin but at the moment Byteball doesn't seems to move in that direction at all and actually what make it worse is the lack of a road map and a total lack of communication from Tonych, not body doubt his technical ability but that alone won't be enough if he's not willing to answer community questions he should get one of his team member to answer and communicate with people here.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:34:39 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Definitely the problem here is the lack of communication and the fact very important decisions are made by a single person on very short notice.

What's done is done but I strongly suggest tonych to create a new way to take future decisions[1] considering the community, with enough time. If he does that, trust can be restored and this "dip" could even be a good thing in the long term.

Money can be used to heavily promote the project and its technology, distribution can be improved, non-distributed funds can be put on escrow, even units could be changed... The important part is the whole community is involved and rules don't change during the last minute. The project has the technology and that keeps me optimistic long term.

[1] By reading and replying to most of the comments being posted here now, by interacting here more, by asking for feedback, by using the "Poll bot" or similar to get weighted voting to make decisions, among other options.

MagnusHH

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:43:20 AM

TonyCh has just announced that all remaining byte holders can expect a roughly 40% dilution of their asset value because he feels like it. The point of 10% going to current byteball holders each round wasn't as a god damn dividend, it was to avoid massive dilution, so you weren't buying in at one price and supply and then getting that value taken from you and redistributed by the dev. The markets are forward looking, they are pricing this in now, and anyone who bought in before with the expectation that they wouldn't be diluted, as Tony heavily implied, has a right to be angry.
Pages: « 1 ... 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 [868] 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: