Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:55:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233999 times)
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:06:59 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 08:44:14 PM by pineapple express

If those holders are selling, there should be either huge sell orders or lot of liquidity.
either 1 year of endless dump and -99% of value at the end. But you right, there always will be holders. Holders that will sell to NEW holders at 50% loss. New holders will sell to very new holders at 50% loss and so on. Until price will not fall from $1200 to $0.
actually i appreciate your work guys Wink. You are trying to do something and you are not guilty that all this is wasted.
Losing bitcoiners, removing airdropt for holders and ignoring the size of a unit and ico airdrop issues were fatal errors. Four decisions that destroyed the young community. It is difficult to create a community, but it is even more difficult to restore a destroyed community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:41:15 PM

If those holders are selling, there should be either huge sell orders or lot of liquidity.
either 1 year of endless dump and -99% of value at the end. But you right, there always will be holders. Holders that will sell to NEW holders at 50% loss. New holders will sell to very new holders at 50% loss and so on. Until price will not fall from $1200 to $0.
actually i appreciate your work guys Wink. You are trying to do something and you are not guilty that all this is wasted.
Losing bitcoiners, removing airdropt for holders and ignoring the size of a unit and ico airdrop issues were fatal errors. Four decisions that destroyed the young community.

Maybe you are right. Maybe we are the ashes of that community.

But...

You know what resurges from the ashes.
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:15:43 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 10:43:16 PM by tarmo888

If that is true, then there should be plenty of liquidity any given time. Byteball still has 25 million marketcap, you can't sell 65% without being noticeable.

It's funny how some holders get extra furious of spreading FUD every time when price drops. Some other probably hold their heads because they are speechless how shitty can one community be that it undermines its own investments with FUD even more. Thanks for all the FUD, you are doing great job.
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:26:29 AM

I known about the Byteball project around one year ago, and have experienced amazing things with the project, the team, and the community.
Over time, Byteball project developed further and deeper invaded into real-life use-cases.
The Byteball community have expanded very well early months this year.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

I need help with an error message that appears on client launch from one day to another. New installation of the client software did not solve the error. I use MacOs.

Message encrypted to unknown key. The error might be caused by restoring from an old backup or using the same keys on another device

Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:55:27 AM

"IMF says governments could set up their own cryptocurrencies "
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/14/imf-says-governments-could-set-up-their-own-cryptocurrencies

Since bite ball is obviously oriented towards the regulated Fiat markets, what advantages would this currency have over a state-regulated one?
PinchClock

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:39:29 PM

The 15 November deadline is fast approaching for the writing opportunity.

There are 20 prizes and less than 20 entries, so your chances of winning are......rather good!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/9ud8j5/writers_wanted_new_byteball_contest/
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 08:47:59 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2018, 11:38:48 PM by tarmo888

"IMF says governments could set up their own cryptocurrencies "
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/14/imf-says-governments-could-set-up-their-own-cryptocurrencies

Since bite ball is obviously oriented towards the regulated Fiat markets, what advantages would this currency have over a state-regulated one?

I am not worried about state-regulated cryptocurrencies, if anything, they will just bring more adoption to other cryptocurrencies.

Problem at the moment with public sector is that in every country (there are very few exceptions), they have weaker IT than private sector. This is because public sector needs to hire private sector to build them stuff they need and the one who offers the smallest price wins the job (tender). This means that public sector doesn't always get the best quality out there and they are always years behind. Years behind in blockchain technology is not competitive at all. That happens even when public sector hires private sector with service level agreement (SLA) to maintain some systems.

So, I guess first state-regulated cryptocurrencies will be forks of some existing cryptocurrencies or even tokens on some other platforms where they have option to freeze accounts and reverse transactions (maybe XRP, XLM, EOS). They could fork any other cryptocurrency and change them to their needs, but they will fall back in time as rest of the world progresses. Everybody hates public sector IT solutions (or lack of them) for a reason, they are in stone age compared to private sector.
goldart

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:53:23 PM

If that is true, then there should be plenty of liquidity any given time. Byteball still has 25 million marketcap, you can't sell 65% without being noticeable.

It's funny how some holders get extra furious of spreading FUD every time when price drops. Some other probably hold their heads because they are speechless how shitty can one community be that it undermines its own investments with FUD even more. Thanks for all the FUD, you are doing great job.
a lot of coins or project will disappear. but I hope byteball wont be one of these. the byteball is highly ambitious project that hold vast promise.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 12:24:10 AM

a lot of coins or project will disappear. but I hope byteball wont be one of these. the byteball is highly ambitious project that hold vast promise.

Coins that disappeared during last big bear market (after 2014) were mostly forks of Bitcoin that had slight configuration differences (kind of like ERC20 tokens now). Those remained that were different and/or had dedicated teams to support those coins (Litecoin, XRP, Dogecoin). I listened some podcast recently where some fork author just gave up because lost interest and didn't have resources to maintain the fork.

Bear market is also great time to come up with something new (Ethereum) and be productive because everybody gets distracted when price is going up during bull market, but there is high chance that many new cryptocurrencies that launched their ICOs just on whitepapers and haven't created any working product by now, won't be able to create anything valuable for next bull-run either.

Byteball is working on creating the foundation, which has the reserves for development and maintenance and Byteball also has dedicated team.
https://medium.com/byteball/the-future-of-byteball-the-byteball-foundation-cca9d495bf46
CryptoUnicornRider

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:28:41 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 12:39:21 AM by CryptoUnicornRider

@unicorn

I can't quote all of that since it will take up too much space. People need to scroll up to view the previous post you made.

there is either too much being lost in translation or you simply do not understand what I am saying. Trying to deny what i have merely observed and pointed out is pointless.

Everything I have suggested in the past would have clearly benefitted the project. There is nothing more to be said about it.

No tonych was not naive we had discussed going ahead would land the largest proportions with those ico managers and exchanges.
I am not in favour of airdrops to bitcoin holders anyway just on the basis i would not give the already most wealthy the most.

I am as selfish and greedy as any other normal person here. However arguing against airdropping to btc holders was not in my financial favour since i could have linked a lot more than i did and also it suits me financially better than some of my other suggestions. Wide distributions with no immediate super whales is best.

No need to apologise for your english I can not speak french. I just believe you do not fully understand everything that I am trying to convey.

I have no problem with people saying i want more money for doing nothing. However actually I am not doing nothing and if all the effort I had put into this thread and project had had any effect the real bb holders and enthusiasts would be better off and so would tonych. Also as i have explained people who buy and hold your alt are not doing nothing. They are adding to investor confindence which is a form of free advertising and at this time the most powerful type of advertising. When everyone dumps your project and people see it sinking that is showing a lack of confidence which can self perpetuate strongly.

I would love more money for doing nothing for sure that is not something you should doubt is a primary dream of a great proportion of people in the world.

I really honestly do not see your point that you are trying to make?

Are you saying trying to get people to invest and make it look as attractive as possible to future investors and hodlers is less important than drumming up adoption with baker and piano stores. Well that is useful too but the fast route to the top 50 right now is appealing to speculators and investors. Once there you will give yourselves a lot more financial leverage to develop applications and usage and get the attention of those that already have huge opportunities waiting in terms of adoption.  You will need a lot of volume and value to bring in big adopters.

crypotounicornrider    Date Registered:   12-10-2018
tarm0888                  Date Registered:   12-10-2018

come on guys....

Hi cryptohunter,

First, my aim is not to offend you or to disrespect you. You have logical arguments and you have been here since the beginning and I respect that.

Nevertheless, I believe that your exclusive focus on investors and speculators doesn't serve the Byteball platform cause. Worst, it's fuel for pessimists and trolls.

In plus, you don't give any real consideration to Byteball platform aims : Wide adoption and real world adoption. Grossly translated, that means first mister and miss everybody and secondly the industrial, financial and retail sector even if these target groups are complementary. These groups don't care about CC markets even if financial sector could monitor it from a remote perspective.

In my opinion, investors/speculators/BTC holders were useful as a kick-starter. But now, the snowball effect doesn't need them to grow the network.

I was a Byteball BitcoinTalk thread's silent reader since January 2017. To improve my understanding of the Byteball platform, I decide to share my poor knowledge with users. Barborrico used it nicely. And I noticed that Tarmo888 subscribed the same day than myself. Two possibilities, it's a coincidence or, more egocentric, I motivate him to act :-) Only Tarmo888 can answer to it.

And I guarantee you that we are two different persons even if we have common aims. He's a lion. He spends a lot of energy trying to sanitize the Byteball BitcoinTalk thread of pessimist people. And he's doing an important job because this thread should be used to inform and help the Byteball community, not to spread pessimism. Btw, I call this kind of behaviors insider trading.

In my opinion, BitcoinTalk threads are focus on the CC market community (your target). So, I prefer focus myself on other targets. Maybe have you read some of my articles like Byteball : A pizza for two generals or Byteball : An Unstoppable Financial Revolution ;-)

I sincerely hope you'll stop to fuel pessimists and trolls. And that you review your positions about how relevant is wide adoption and real world adoption.

And I don't think that Anton Churyumov is naive. In fact, he has a master plan in mind since the beginning. But it's my personal opinion.

Pleasure to read you again.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 02:21:08 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 02:38:23 AM by tarmo888

crypotounicornrider    Date Registered:   12-10-2018
tarm0888                  Date Registered:   12-10-2018

come on guys....

Hi cryptohunter,

First, my aim is not to offend you or to disrespect you. You have logical arguments and you have been here since the beginning and I respect that.

Nevertheless, I believe that your exclusive focus on investors and speculators doesn't serve the Byteball platform cause. Worst, it's fuel for pessimists and trolls.

In plus, you don't give any real consideration to Byteball platform aims : Wide adoption and real world adoption. Grossly translated, that means first mister and miss everybody and secondly the industrial, financial and retail sector even if these target groups are complementary. These groups don't care about CC markets even if financial sector could monitor it from a remote perspective.

In my opinion, investors/speculators/BTC holders were useful as a kick-starter. But now, the snowball effect doesn't need them to grow the network.

I was a Byteball BitcoinTalk thread's silent reader since January 2017. To improve my understanding of the Byteball platform, I decide to share my poor knowledge with users. Barborrico used it nicely. And I noticed that Tarmo888 subscribed the same day than myself. Two possibilities, it's a coincidence or, more egocentric, I motivate him to act :-) Only Tarmo888 can answer to it.

And I guarantee you that we are two different persons even if we have common aims. He's a lion. He spends a lot of energy trying to sanitize the Byteball BitcoinTalk thread of pessimist people. And he's doing an important job because this thread should be used to inform and help the Byteball community, not to spread pessimism. Btw, I call this kind of behaviors insider trading.

In my opinion, BitcoinTalk threads are focus on the CC market community (your target). So, I prefer focus myself on other targets. Maybe have you read some of my articles like Byteball : A pizza for two generals or Byteball : An Unstoppable Financial Revolution ;-)

I sincerely hope you'll stop to fuel pessimists and trolls. And that you review your positions about how relevant is wide adoption and real world adoption.

And I don't think that Anton Churyumov is naive. In fact, he has a master plan in mind since the beginning. But it's my personal opinion.

Pleasure to read you again.

I 100% agree what crypotounicornrider said, but that could be because crypotounicornrider and tarmo888 could be the same person. I guess you will never know because that what is the disadvantage of anonymous platforms. You don't know how many actual people are behind usernames, same way you can't tell how many actual people are behind Bitcoin addresses.

But wait, there is more, maybe this person who is behind these 2 accounts that agree with each other, is also behind account that is total opposite and the motivation to do this to prove why anonymous witnesses is bad idea.

Thul    Date Registered:   11-10-2018

What if it's another alter-ego of the same person:
* Thul is against KYC, I am pro-KYC.
* Thul likes blackbytes, I don't give sh|t about blackbytes (I don't have any either, never had).
* Thul thinks that Bitcoin airdrop was good idea, i think it was bad idea.
* Thul thinks random anonymous witnesses are good idea, i think it is worse idea ever.

Also, Thul is Luht backwards. Luht is common Estonian familyname and means "meadow that gets flooded" (also very common thing to happen in Estonia and Finland). Guess what is also popular is Estonia and Finland. Yeah, Tarmo means energy/power in Finnish and is firstname in Finland and Estonia. Did anybody also noticed my other fun facts about Estonian and Finnish language?

Also, Pineapple Express IS NOT me, but he has been a great inspiration because of his split-personality.
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

A crypto currency that wants to survive concentrates on a corresponding target group. This target group should be defined in advance and the development should be concentrated in this direction.

As soon as there are state crypto currencies, the dream of a mass adoption of free cryptos is over. Free Cryptos will only occupy small niches (if they are able to define them clearly).

There is no clearly defined target group for bite ball. Result:
"Byteball Bytes price equal to 38.946 USD at 2018-11-16, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:56:40 AM

A crypto currency that wants to survive concentrates on a corresponding target group. This target group should be defined in advance and the development should be concentrated in this direction.

As soon as there are state crypto currencies, the dream of a mass adoption of free cryptos is over. Free Cryptos will only occupy small niches (if they are able to define them clearly).

There is no clearly defined target group for bite ball. Result:
"Byteball Bytes price equal to 38.946 USD at 2018-11-16, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."

This is exactly what my alter-ego would say.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:17:04 AM

Those remained that were different and/or had dedicated teams to support those coins (Litecoin, XRP, Dogecoin)
Litecoin is not different, is a worse copy of bitcoin. Shorter distance between blocks means less POW. So if you need at least 2 blocks in bitcoin, some merchants wait 6, in litecoin you will need 8 - 48 blocks to get the same security.  Again any altcoin has hash power less than 51% of the hash power aviable on the market, it always under risk of 51 attack. So it never will be as safe as bitcoin. This is why litecoin is a worse copy of bitcoin.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Those remained that were different and/or had dedicated teams to support those coins (Litecoin, XRP, Dogecoin)
Litecoin is not different, is a worse copy of bitcoin. Shorter distance between blocks means less POW. So if you need at least 2 blocks in bitcoin, some merchants wait 6, in litecoin you will need 8 - 48 blocks to get the same security.  Again any altcoin has hash power less than 51% of the hash power aviable on the market, it always under risk of 51 attack. So it never will be as safe as bitcoin. This is why litecoin is a worse copy of bitcoin.

Yes, but they didn't give up and actually implemented many improvements much earlier than Bitcoin (SegWit, Lightning etc). And they also focused heavily to be on all major exchanges. That what made them different from rest of the hundreds coins that were abandoned.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

I need help with an error message that appears on client launch from one day to another. New installation of the client software did not solve the error. I use MacOs.

Message encrypted to unknown key. The error might be caused by restoring from an old backup or using the same keys on another device

Is anyone here who can help me on this? Someone pm'ed me and told me the issue arise if one run the same wallet on different machines. However, I have run the wallet only on one machine since I am dealing with Byteball. I also did not restore a wallet backup or something else. Just want to get back access to my Bytes :/
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:20:46 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 08:31:07 PM by vlom

Is anyone here who can help me on this? Someone pm'ed me and told me the issue arise if one run the same wallet on different machines. However, I have run the wallet only on one machine since I am dealing with Byteball. I also did not restore a wallet backup or something else. Just want to get back access to my Bytes :/

i had this too. sorry but i cant remember what i did to solve it.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:30:49 PM
Merited by tyz (1)

what i found is this:

i was not able to start the osx wallet and received this message.

Uncaught exception: Error: message encrypted to unknown key, device , len=228. The error might be caused by restoring from an old backup or using the same keys on another device.

i had this problem after I had done this:

I changed the hub from https://byteball.fr to byteball.org/bb

so I had old messages encrypted with my old key and stored on the other hub.

what solved the problem was:
i switched back the hub.
i deleted all the messages.
then i changed the hub and received the error message.
the wallet crashed.
the after the next restart the wallet worked again.
CryptoUnicornRider

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:25:19 PM

You're Machiavellian Tarmo888 😂😂😂 We are all Agent Smith.
Pages: « 1 ... 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: