Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233948 times)
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 05:53:31 PM

If you turned 120 BTC into 1.2 BTC
just a british joke, never had 100 btc

Price can move up or down
only down with obyte. But honestly, longterm this is what you get with 99% of alts

Besides complaining about the price, have you made any other contribution to Obyte that could affect the price positively? I mean, your jokes are not doing anything good for the price, so what's the point?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diyhockey

Activity: 79
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:52:44 PM

only down with obyte. But honestly, longterm this is what you get with 99% of alts

Besides complaining about the price, have you made any other contribution to Obyte that could affect the price positively? I mean, your jokes are not doing anything good for the price, so what's the point?
I don't want people to be fooled by moon boys. Obyte is a scam, more than 20% of the coins distributed to ICO scammers and uknown amount got Bittrex. There is no chance that people will not be fooled here. Either the price will continue collapsing, or the owners of ICO will sell on top and thousands of people will lose their savings. You need to put up with your losses and not let you fool more people.
with all respect to tonych
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 07:46:45 PM

I don't want people to be fooled by moon boys. Obyte is a scam, more than 20% of the coins distributed to ICO scammers and uknown amount got Bittrex. There is no chance that people will not be fooled here. Either the price will continue collapsing, or the owners of ICO will sell on top and thousands of people will lose their savings. You need to put up with your losses and not let you fool more people.

Nice logic, so if people who had lot of BTC, took advantage of the distribution that distributed 65% of the bytes to BTC holders, then Obyte is somehow scam because of that?
I don't know if Bittrex claimed any bytes from BTC airdrop, but that's even crazier logic - so if exchange doesn't distribute the claimed bytes to BTC holders on exchange, then again Obyte is somehow scam because of this? Does this apply to Bitcoin forks too that exchange don't give to it's users, that the fork is then a scam because of something that somebody else did?

Do you see how you just want to blame everything on Obyte, even things that are out of Obyte control? Well, Obyte noticed that bytes were not going to actual users and cancelled BTC airdrops, but nobody is happy about that either.
diyhockey

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 05:32:23 AM

Nice logic, so if people who had lot of BTC, took advantage of the distribution that distributed 65% of the bytes to BTC holders, then Obyte is somehow scam because of that?
I don't know if Bittrex claimed any bytes from BTC airdrop, but that's even crazier logic - so if exchange doesn't distribute the claimed bytes to BTC holders on exchange, then again Obyte is somehow scam because of this? Does this apply to Bitcoin forks too that exchange don't give to it's users, that the fork is then a scam because of something that somebody else did?

Do you see how you just want to blame everything on Obyte, even things that are out of Obyte control? Well, Obyte noticed that bytes were not going to actual users and cancelled BTC airdrops, but nobody is happy about that either.
doesn't matter what is out of Obyte control. And it was fully under control, all addresses was known before distro. What is matter is that more people know about it. So shut up and enjoy the ride down. No one will buy your bags
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 06:44:48 PM

doesn't matter what is out of Obyte control. And it was fully under control, all addresses was known before distro. What is matter is that more people know about it. So shut up and enjoy the ride down. No one will buy your bags

It matters what is out of Obyte control and what is not. Cancelling the BTC airdrop was in control of Obyte and that what was done when it was found out that actual users were not benefiting from it.
Out of Obyte control was to know all the other ICO deposit addresses. Go on, find a complete list of all the ICO Bitcoin addresses, the ones that have been done and the ones that have not yet started. You won't find a complete list, so how is all the addresses known?
Also, out of Obyte control is which exchanges decide to distribute the claimed bytes to BTC holders and which exchanges do not. You have to complain about that to the exchange where you had your BTC and which claimed the bytes. Go ahead, find the list of exchanges that did that, you are not even sure if Bittrex did it or not.
I am not sure what are you thinking that you are enlightening people about? What do they have to know? That you can't think straight? Maybe cut back on weed.

It is you who is spreading FUD when the price drops, not me. So, it is you who is butthurt about the price. I am not selling anything because it is stupid to cash out now at the bottom.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 07:28:20 PM

Lol tarmo still being most abrasive community manager ever. Network still controlled by one Russian dude. Gbyte at all time low versus BTC. Looks like I didn't miss much in last few months. Keep up the good work fellas Cheesy
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 09:47:42 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2019, 10:08:09 PM by tarmo888

Lol tarmo still being most abrasive community manager ever. Network still controlled by one Russian dude. Gbyte at all time low versus BTC. Looks like I didn't miss much in last few months. Keep up the good work fellas Cheesy

I have never been this community manager ever, not before, not now. If you talk nonsense, I don't care if I am abrasive or not.
You have missed 2 witness news, Rogier is already locked in as witness and currently people are asked to decide whether Fabien should be 2nd new witness. There are still around 100 full nodes on the network, even after recent breaking bug in core that required update. There are also more commits than ever by other people on Github repos, so what are you talking about by "controlled by one Russian dude"? aah, you are one of those who still don't understand what witnesses can do and cannot do, 2.5 years has passed, but you still don't get it https://stats.obyte.org/worldmap.php
GBYTE is not the only one, which BTC value as fallen. If you haven't noticed, BTC has recently gained lot of dominance again, therefore all alts value in BTC has gone down.
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:26:42 PM

You said the truth that Obyte fell to its all time low (or at least all time low range), because I can not check exactly price of all time low range from given chart on coinmarketcap. However, I don't think pessimistic with all time low of Obyte. There are two things that we should notice and deeply consider: price falls nearly been slow down significantly; and volume decreased to very low level over last one year (mainly due to bitcoin drops in 2018 and long winter of crypto in general). Two things above disclose and give us reasonable hope that Obyte might stop its falls soon because its bottom has been already found or nearly close to hit its bottom range (all time low bottom).
diyhockey

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:34:56 AM

You said the truth that Obyte fell to its all time low (or at least all time low range), because I can not check exactly price of all time low range from given chart on coinmarketcap. However, I don't think pessimistic with all time low of Obyte. There are two things that we should notice and deeply consider: price falls nearly been slow down significantly; and volume decreased to very low level over last one year (mainly due to bitcoin drops in 2018 and long winter of crypto in general). Two things above disclose and give us reasonable hope that Obyte might stop its falls soon because its bottom has been already found or nearly close to hit its bottom range (all time low bottom).
there is no bottom. Obyte just refresh ATL time to time

Out of Obyte control was to know all the other ICO deposit addresses
you are a moon boy, really you can't know what happened before the first distribution. The community knew all the big ICO addresses, and it is a known fact that bittrex did not distribute bytes to bytes traders.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 10:06:27 AM

you are a moon boy, really you can't know what happened before the first distribution. The community knew all the big ICO addresses, and it is a known fact that bittrex did not distribute bytes to bytes traders.

It's not even GBYTE/USD all time low, it is GBYTE/BTC all time low, which is hard to predict because it totally depends how volatile BTC/USD price is ($4000 to $8200 in 2 months, $7800 to $7000 to $7400 just in last 48 hours). You talk about GBYTE/BTC all time low because it fits your narrative, but when it comes to BTC price then you never compare it with BTC/ETH or some other pair, it's always compared to something more stable like USD.

Well, maybe the community knows all the big ICO addresses right now too, but it doesn't matter if there is no complete list that you can add to a software. Obyte had 10 rounds of distribution before it was cancelled and by that time, the ICO madness was in full swing and there was no complete list of ICO deposit addresses.

Oh, so now you whine that Bittrex was not giving users bytes for bytes. Just like bytes for BTC, it is not possible to know in advance if it was going to their permanent decision or not. There are many thing that could have done differently, but if your idea is that all whales should have been banned from BTC airdrop then that is ridiculous because you don't know in advance if they will distribute the bytes to their users or not. You can see that only as looking back at it when it is already too late to change it because you already gave out the bytes.

Yeah, whatever, I can be a moonboy if you want, I don't really care because it's not true. It is you who is butthurt about the price, not me. It is you who is spreading FUD, not me. It is you who does nothing to help Obyte, not me. It is you who is obsessed about the price, while I am just calling out your FUD. I don't go around trying to pump or dump the price, I just react to those talk sh!t on project I am working on.
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 11:25:47 AM

Well, well, well. The above thread replies are giving me signals that Obyte might be bottoming out by now. Obyte needs strong rage quitting and maximum depression before the price finally recovers. It is actually a known market behavior.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
diyhockey

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 02:45:58 PM

It's not even GBYTE/USD all time low, it is GBYTE/BTC all time low, which is hard to predict because it totally depends how volatile BTC/USD price is ($4000 to $8200 in 2 months, $7800 to $7000 to $7400 just in last 48 hours). You talk about GBYTE/BTC all time low because it fits your narrative, but when it comes to BTC price then you never compare it with BTC/ETH or some other pair, it's always compared to something more stable like USD.

Well, maybe the community knows all the big ICO addresses right now too, but it doesn't matter if there is no complete list that you can add to a software. Obyte had 10 rounds of distribution before it was cancelled and by that time, the ICO madness was in full swing and there was no complete list of ICO deposit addresses.

Oh, so now you whine that Bittrex was not giving users bytes for bytes. Just like bytes for BTC, it is not possible to know in advance if it was going to their permanent decision or not. There are many thing that could have done differently, but if your idea is that all whales should have been banned from BTC airdrop then that is ridiculous because you don't know in advance if they will distribute the bytes to their users or not. You can see that only as looking back at it when it is already too late to change it because you already gave out the bytes.

Yeah, whatever, I can be a moonboy if you want, I don't really care because it's not true. It is you who is butthurt about the price, not me. It is you who is spreading FUD, not me. It is you who does nothing to help Obyte, not me. It is you who is obsessed about the price, while I am just calling out your FUD. I don't go around trying to pump or dump the price, I just react to those talk sh!t on project I am working on.
The main distribution to Bitcoin addresses occurred in the first round - 10%. The rest of the distribution was insignificant, for the most part it was distribution of bytes on bytes. It is obvious that the main gain went to the bytes received in the first distribution. I have never opposed whales. The only time I actively participated in the discussion about ICO addresses was the first distribution. We knew all the major ICO addresses from the time they were linked to the snapshot. It was enough to remove 4 addresses. The same goes for Bittrex, they did not link Bitcoins, they simply received bytes on the deposits of their users and never distributed them. One such case was enough to remove Bittrex address. But again this was not done. Stop spreading this bullshit that we didn't know the addresses. We knew them all.
you know nothing about history of this coin so shut up and enjoy the flight down. You can be sure that no user who has spent time studying the coin will not be fooled by your bullshit. They all recognize the true distribution situation.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 03:44:46 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2019, 04:26:36 PM by tarmo888

The main distribution to Bitcoin addresses occurred in the first round - 10%. The rest of the distribution was insignificant, for the most part it was distribution of bytes on bytes. It is obvious that the main gain went to the bytes received in the first distribution. I have never opposed whales. The only time I actively participated in the discussion about ICO addresses was the first distribution. We knew all the major ICO addresses from the time they were linked to the snapshot. It was enough to remove 4 addresses. The same goes for Bittrex, they did not link Bitcoins, they simply received bytes on the deposits of their users and never distributed them. One such case was enough to remove Bittrex address. But again this was not done. Stop spreading this bullshit that we didn't know the addresses. We knew them all.
you know nothing about history of this coin so shut up and enjoy the flight down. You can be sure that no user who has spent time studying the coin will not be fooled by your bullshit. They all recognize the true distribution situation.

LOL, how is 10% of supply a main distribution if 9 rounds after that distributed another 54%. The first round was biggest compared to every individual round after that, but certainly was not a main one, or whatever you mean by the word "main". It's nothing special that very early adopters have bigger advantage, I guess Obyte decided to ignore your opinion even after the 1st round and that's why you are so butthurt.

Sure, Obyte could have removed Bittrex from the distribution, but maybe then Obyte would not be listed on any regulated exchange today - Obyte didn't pay to get listed there, it was their initiative. If you would have gotten what you wanted by removing Bittrex, maybe Obyte would not even exist anymore because of that.

The fact that you were here during 1st round doesn't make your opinions more valid because you are not involved with Obyte daily acitivites or speak daily with people who were not just in the forums back then, but actually ran this. The distribution amounts are public on the website too, if somebody needs to check out how insignificant is 10% compared to total of 64%.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 04:35:36 PM

Stop spreading this bullshit that we didn't know the addresses. We knew them all.

Aah, now I understand what you mean by knowing all the addresses, you mean knowing them once they already linked their addresses. Yeah, I am pretty sure that would have lost all trust from early adopters if Obyte would just removed already linked address. There is huge difference if you block them from linking or if you remove just before the round draw.
diyhockey

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 04:53:23 PM

LOL, how is 10% of supply a main distribution if 9 rounds after that distributed another 54%.
you don't understand what i'm talking about because you're a dumb moon boy. You are so stupid that you cannot even guess why the first distribution determined all the further distribution
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 06:18:45 PM

LOL, how is 10% of supply a main distribution if 9 rounds after that distributed another 54%.
you don't understand what i'm talking about because you're a dumb moon boy. You are so stupid that you cannot even guess why the first distribution determined all the further distribution

Only that it didn't, first round had over 100 000 BTC linked, last rounds had over 1 000 000 BTC linked.
diyhockey

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:59:07 PM

Only that it didn't, first round had over 100 000 BTC linked, last rounds had over 1 000 000 BTC linked.
t will be great if you find the distribution coefficient and calculate how many bytes received 1m of bitcoins for all rounds and how many received Lisk with its 1st round bytes stack
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 08:51:45 PM

t will be great if you find the distribution coefficient and calculate how many bytes received 1m of bitcoins for all rounds and how many received Lisk with its 1st round bytes stack

100 000 GB for linked 121 765 BTC in first round.
545 000 GB for recieved Bytes from earlier rounds and for linked Bitcoin between 145 441 BTC and 1 395 899 BTC. Since Bitcoin is psedo-anonymous, can't really tell how many unique users and how many whales.

Don't need any coeficent, Lisk Foundation received over 6.2% of total supply with all rounds, which means around 62 000 GB. That's under 10% of whole BTC distribution. https://explorer.obyte.org/#XCQ3LC6BSRGLPKC6LDQBTHZBKHLGIS5B

Not great, but not end of the world either. I rather have it in hands who belived in this project since first round and still hold those Bytes than those who just dump to exchanges at market price. Looks like Lisk Foundation doesn't care about GBYTE/BTC price and how can you be mad about the Bytes that you got it for free anyway.

So, Bittrex users' balances are on this address https://explorer.obyte.org/#QR542JXX7VJ5UJOZDKHTJCXAYWOATID2
Are you saying that most of that doesn't actually belong to users and are Bytes that they claimed for user balances?
And how was Obyte suppose to know that they will not start distributing those to their users?
And why would Obyte ban them if they believed in Obyte enough that they listed Obyte for no cost?
So, who else don't deserve those Bytes in your opinion? https://stats.obyte.org/Top100Richest.php

All in all, Obyte tried something different with BTC distribution and it didn't delivered what was expected and it was cancelled after 10 rounds.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:18:27 PM

What's with the dumping?
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:42:13 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2019, 09:15:13 PM by CryptoUnicornRider

What's with the dumping?

Hi mishax1,

Don't know. Maybe some small users/holders loosing hope to win the Weekly Draw due to the megawhale entrance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/obyte/comments/br42vl/mega_obyte_whale_king_enters_the_weekly_draw/

Others theories are possible (someone seems to have sold around 100 Gb in urgence around 13h35 UTC followed by 140 around 16h19 UTC and could have created a panic dump) but there is no move in the Top 100.

Bye
Pages: « 1 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: