Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049439 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:44:10 AM

They also seem to be running flushwork on every block detected, instead of just our pool's block...  Is that normal?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 07:50:58 AM

New working week has started. I hope this week will see my hosted 39xx Saturn being produced and put on-line. Smiley
The response from Sam saw optimistic, to the effect that my place in queue was very close to production.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:58:17 AM

New working week has started. I hope this week will see my hosted 39xx Saturn being produced and put on-line. Smiley
The response from Sam saw optimistic, to the effect that my place in queue was very close to production.
Lol i got more then 2 weeks status in production, i ask them refund, you will never see your money back

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:05:17 AM

KnC 0:                | 71.37G/231.7Kh/s | A:17372 R:4 HW:8355 WU:   0.0/m

bummer

eligius is showing 2013/10/18 14:48:45: 675 seconds: 34741.51

34.7GH/s

Oh well, I'm going to shut it down and inspect the board with a loupe and check out its thermal paste or tape.

Which firmware? Did you update the firmware that it shipped with?

yes I have a guestion about that I have .95 no restarts in 3 days an occasional core gets reset maybe once a 1/2 hr....it is running at around 550gh and between 40c and 42c for cores...is it really worth going to .96 under those circumstances how far off am I on this in expectaions for the miner if at all at this point>? thanks all help is appreciated i'm such a noob

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:07:05 AM

My shipment appears to be sitting in OH with the following status:
12    Clearance event    CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA    4:48 AM

Under "Further Details":
The Clearance process for this shipment is on-going with additional details required for clearance

and under "Next Step":
The clearance process will continue once the additional details are provided for clearance

Is this something out of the ordinary, or do all international shipments to the US go through this?

mine did not have that.....and I went thru the same place....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:15:31 AM

Got a RMA Number for 3 Faulty (under performing boards) on my Jupiter.

I asked about comp for my loss and for my Time , they will not offer any compensation.

Also the worrying thing is they Said and I Quote " The replacement boards can not be guaranteed to run at the Advertised speed as they are untested".

Well better go get some Thermal paste and await their return.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:18:24 AM

I asked about comp for my loss and for my Time , they will not offer any compensation.

Also the worrying thing is they Said and I Quote " The replacement boards can not be guaranteed to run at the Advertised speed as they are untested".

So they can''t test replacements before sending them? You could return bad boards and get more bad ones in return? That's poor.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:19:25 AM

So, now is the evening of the 18th, and my second order which was scheduled to get to me in the first week of October is still not here. Meanwhile KNC Jupiters are going for 7,8k€ on Ebay, must be one of those luckies who got his before the 12th....

yeah I cancelled my 2nd unit a Saturn for the reason of 520x number and delays they did so promptly even yanked it off the line in it was in processing (ie called the plant a ways away)....because they missed the 16th..but yeah at the 100 percent growth in difficulty etc....say they ship it this tues (or wens) i'd be looking at the first week of nov arrival and on the staturn ..i'd be like 500 bucks over paid cost in 3 months more or less at 100 percent this month increase and next month..so I punted....just to close to the nov 15th stuff at lower price to come out that is getting dumped next month for my comfort level

now I wish (doubtful) knc after getting its 2nd batch out will do the "network protection" statement thing of not dumping equip from dec thru febuary..they mine as well....so they can do that design the next ascis machine and bring it up again in march with new product ..but alas others would have to do the  same for this to work..not gonna happen but if conterra was a bti late and others we who ordered from knc would be sitting pretty good imho

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:33:41 AM

How is it that complaining about packaging makes it ok to switch from next day to a company that doesn't even fly domestic routes in the U.S. without customer approval?
Too many peeps in here were bashing UPS

So? Who gives a s*** "what people were bashing"? Like that is ANY way to justify their actions. Give me a break.
they made the decision because so many people said UPS was not the way to go, thats customer response, and every justification they need. I dont like it either, and know UPS is better, but they made that change specifically because people told them UPS sucks. Don't blame them. Blame the people who complained about UPS, when they hadn't even had their package shipped.

Transam808- yeah... would have been in your home hashing today if it was UPS

Hawaii is about the farthest you can get from sweden, and its here within 48 hours via UPS. Nobody courrier can beat that.

is dhl the big dog in Europe? perhaps the Europe folks thought ups sucked ....I know only 1 place in the state here for dhl ups is strong..could be that kinda divide.....both are lousy when they are across the world in the others sandbox?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:39:18 AM

Shipping update 3

10/18/2013 6:12:00 PM

All

The factory produced 280 boxes yesterday. This was the result of a few failures which have now been addressed
We will be back to full production on monday  and expect to get back to shipping  over 400 a day from monday owards
'
We will keep you updated as we finsih our queue in the next few days

Sam

edit: oh shit just noticed my first order switched to "shipped" - no tracking though. And by "shipped", that probably means they assembled it.

if it says "shipped" call dhl right now I did after a 1 day wait and they said it was going to show up the next day...I NEVER EVER DID GET TO THIS DAY (have had my miner since Friday) GET AN EMAIL FROM KNC THE UNIT SHIPPED NOR A TRACKING NUMBER FROM DHL until I called the 1-800 number...others have called the number www.dhl.com and had zip codes not there so they we're gonna send it back to knc ..and etc (see prev bitcointalk posts) so imho JUMP ON THE PHONE THE MINER YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN..sorry but in the Midwest imho dhl is a *clusterf**k of shipping they just contract it out to guys in random vans only 1 place in state can you pick up a dhl package...communicate your state to the dhl guy so he can give you real idea of how it is gonna work ..ie he is the one that told me the above....nice customer service guy who also probably wish they had more clout in usa. imho

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:44:32 AM

Any guesses on when Sam comes out of hiding with his "I'm not dead" speech?

my guess is they just give refunds to those who don't want to wait due to the delays...admittedly that is easier to do like me when you can toss them back a 2nd unit

i'm sure i'd be nuts too right now for only 1 unit....

so I understand ....I dumped my 2nd for a refund they can maybe get the $$ back next march in next gen unit

they thought 1000 units a day and they are doing what 400 yeah they got issues that is true enough

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:52:53 AM

Alright, how do I find the the IP address?  I ran Wireshark but none of the IPs I try work.  Sad

I have a netgear wireless router/lan combo...I plugged the miner into the back with the wire....and brought up the netgear router page as in instructions ....and viola all shows up as Jupiter 5 dc or some such with mac and ip address

if it really a pain go to walmart get a 40 buck netgear 915 unit..take it home plug it in...get ip take the router back to walmart says it don't meet your needs...

hey...you might keep the beastie..but it may take 1 hr to do but it is foolproof

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:12:43 AM

those are great numbers Searing... Good job saving the unit...
My God... that water is so unacceptable... wow
it's easy as 123... just get putty, and type the ip in the hostname field... goes right to the miner...
type...   root for user
admin for pass
screen -r  gets you the cgminer screen

thanks i'm still not being brave and on .95...dare to be chicken I think I may just make it a rule to skp every other update..have you guys test it out 1st on a side note I hear a lot about  256 vs 512 difficulty is it or work units ?...not sure what is it and how do I tell what my Jupiter is set at and what you recommend ..assuming the cryptic info I've seen on forums ont his is enough for you to know what i'm talking about

another question...if you know it...I've been watching these forum it seems eligus pool goes down a lot I've got slush and nothing has gone wrong for them in 3 days as far as I can tell ...whats the background on that?

i'm in a basement how low can I run these units it is now at 62F in my bsmt ...50 percent humidity...can I tweak the bsmt lower (I mean the miner is heating like a space heater )

anyone experiment with this?

thanks
Searing

Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:14:05 AM

So they can''t test replacements before sending them? You could return bad boards and get more bad ones in return? That's poor.

Piss Poor.

Well the Boards are on the way to the post office.

My now 1 Board Jupiter is Hashing away at a Happy 140Gh/s on CGMiner and reporting 137Gh/s at BTC-Guild.

*Tip  T20 required for Case, T8 required for Board to case and a PH1 required for Heat-Sink cross bar.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:14:25 AM

Not sure if anyone has seen this or I'm late.

EnableCores (Use this patch to force all cores to enable at next reboot)

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/support

According to Bertmod, it enabled 1 last core on my Sat so all my cores are 100% working.

ok I missed how you tell if cores are working or not? where is that I just see temps on my kncminer screen

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 09:17:24 AM

You should try to consolidate things...Useless and space taking I say.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:18:40 AM

The curious thing about Searings is that his passed customs without issues, while mine is stuck on clearance event like many others in here Today.

I called DHL and they said anything over $2500 needs clearance and it will take a few days, possibly incurring an import tax.

So that explains why all those mercuries went right through if you check the tracking thread, they are valued at $1995.

After looking up the tariffs with DHL on the phone, it's possible they will charge 2.5% + $25 for import + DHL fees.

Obviously I would rather have taken my chance with UPS, one guy got taxed on the knc forums and he paid $32 total.

heh..maybe my massively destroyed box helped in this...you could peel apart the inside and just look thru a vent inside ..no need for customs....(I can hear the custom guys..man this guy is gonna be so screwed when he gets this) oh and the fact it was filled with rainwater probably helped...sheesh..I've not done anything to it no reboot no nothing it has been running non-stop since Friday...knock wood....i'll ignore it if it likes to run that way......whatever works.

http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

better sometimes to be lucky rather then smart

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:22:58 AM

The curious thing about Searings is that his passed customs without issues, while mine is stuck on clearance event like many others in here Today.

I called DHL and they said anything over $2500 needs clearance and it will take a few days, possibly incurring an import tax.

So that explains why all those mercuries went right through if you check the tracking thread, they are valued at $1995.

After looking up the tariffs with DHL on the phone, it's possible they will charge 2.5% + $25 for import + DHL fees.

Obviously I would rather have taken my chance with UPS, one guy got taxed on the knc forums and he paid $32 total.

really an import tax.. I had nothing on any of that arrived the same way a DVD movie comes just a bigger box with damage

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:24:49 AM

DHL does not even deliver in the U.S.

Now you are saying "Joe you are nuts!"

But I am not. DHL pawns their US deliveries off on USPS or UPS

http://seekingalpha.com/article/105325-dhl-shuts-down-u-s-delivery-operations-who-will-pick-up-the-slack

So they may have 90% of the rest of the world, they are a NON PLAYER in the U.S.

Guess who is a Player?!?! FED EX and U...P...S

DHL delivered mine today and they pickup at my job also.

hey thanks if I get another unit i'll have it delivered to my work...I work nites with only 1 place in the state to pick up dhl stuff (200 miles away) that would work well

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:25:58 AM

Searing, could you please be so kind and try to consolidate your responses to one post?
Pages: « 1 ... 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: