Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 07:14:16 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 [837] 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3012245 times)
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:00:33 AM

As much as I wish for 'Orama to be right, I just can't agree to his hash rate scenario. As far as I know, Bitfury is releasing a big quantity of miners in the 3rd-4th week of this month, that will increase the hash rate a lot. Sometime in mid-November, I believe HashFast is supposed to start releasing their rigs. Nov is also the month KnCMiner will start delivering their second batch. Dec, we should be starting to see CoinTerra, Jan (laugh), BFL with their Monarch. There are also other gear coming out in Feb, can't remember the name (Black Arrow or something?).

I see a no win situation for us who are getting the miners late, unless the value of the coins go way way up (I paid with PayPal, so it makes a big difference for me, as I know it doesn't make much difference for people that paid with BTC, as they will never recover that back, unless again, BTC value goes up to cover electrical costs for a long time run.)
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:06:47 AM

The Saturn just survived it's first power outage...was only 3 seconds(A storm here), but that's dangerous in itself...the miner auto-rebooted, auto-connected & started re-hashing just fine... Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
realtime

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:13:12 AM

The Saturn just survived it's first power outage...was only 3 seconds(A storm here), but that's dangerous in itself...the miner auto-rebooted, auto-connected & started re-hashing just fine... Smiley

Please tell me you have your $3K piece of kit on a ups.... Undecided
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:16:26 AM

Sadly I fall into that category Joeventura brought up:

I did get an emailed note from Emilia earlier as posted in the thread and true indeed I see my order status changed to shipped.   However I received no tracking email from neither DHL nor UPS.

Does anyone know/can confirm  do I need to flash to the latest FW once I recive my unit or will it be flashed to .95 already at this point?

The one I got today had 0.91 so needed to be flashed

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1064

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 01:19:35 AM

Please tell me you have your $3K piece of kit on a ups.... Undecided

hmm I wonder what happens if the cable accidentally gets unplugged?  I would think it wouldnt fry the boards...I was under the impression that the unit should not be on and operating...then the user plugs in additional hashing boards into the serial connection and power connectors while the mainboard is in operation.

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:22:35 AM

5% is 5%... Where does it say that's just for NMC? The top of eligius page says 105% pps, and doesn't specify NMC only on that.  in the end, it's not 5%. Dishonest or misleading at the very least.

It doesn't even say on the Eligius homepage anything about % PPS or anything about NMC for that matter yet because I haven't had a chance to update it.

The forum thread here is titled: Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #

This is in no way misleading or even ambiguous.  It says 105% PPS NMC, and the pool pays exactly that with roughly daily NMC payouts.

-wk

Phoenix1969 thought eligius would pay him 105% PPS overall, something only Pirate ever did to launder his ponzi.
What eligius apparently does is pay 5% extra on NMC. I guess Luke has tons of namecoins ?

Eligius has a huge buffer of namecoins, yes.  That combined with not everyone desiring to be paid NMC makes it easy to provide 105% PPS for NMC.

Thank you for explaining that Wizkid  much appriciated.
So, NMC is 105%
and BTC is 100%
that's still the best around.

It's not 100% on BTC, it's 100% minus TX fees, which are probably around 1-2%

Also wrong. Eligius is absolutely 0% fee. Also, Eligius -pays- TX fees to the miners, which means more profit for you, the miner.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:25:00 AM

You were trying to configure wireless via bridge.  You succeeded I hope.  I want to do something similar but not just protect my miners, I think I'll have [cable docsis modem] --> Linksys (Cisco) E900 wirelessly transmitting --> an access point or bridge of some kind immediately next to it --> another Linksys (Cisco) E900 which will feed my network, miners, tablets and computers.  The separation of hardwire cable in between the docsis -> first E900 and the AP or bridge will protect against a high voltage in via the cable.  Won't protect my TV tho.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:29:01 AM

5% is 5%... Where does it say that's just for NMC? The top of eligius page says 105% pps, and doesn't specify NMC only on that.  in the end, it's not 5%. Dishonest or misleading at the very least.

It doesn't even say on the Eligius homepage anything about % PPS or anything about NMC for that matter yet because I haven't had a chance to update it.

The forum thread here is titled: Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #

This is in no way misleading or even ambiguous.  It says 105% PPS NMC, and the pool pays exactly that with roughly daily NMC payouts.

-wk

Phoenix1969 thought eligius would pay him 105% PPS overall, something only Pirate ever did to launder his ponzi.
What eligius apparently does is pay 5% extra on NMC. I guess Luke has tons of namecoins ?

Eligius has a huge buffer of namecoins, yes.  That combined with not everyone desiring to be paid NMC makes it easy to provide 105% PPS for NMC.

Thank you for explaining that Wizkid  much appriciated.
So, NMC is 105%
and BTC is 100%
that's still the best around.

It's not 100% on BTC, it's 100% minus TX fees, which are probably around 1-2%

Also wrong. Eligius is absolutely 0% fee. Also, Eligius -pays- TX fees to the miners, which means more profit for you, the miner.

How can people be so blind?

Right on the front page!

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2268

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:43:57 AM

Should we be expecting some kind of BFG support sometime soon? One with not so high of an error rate? :-)
I'll see what I can do as soon as it gets here. Can't promise lower error rate, though - there might be a good reason for that.
Accurate reporting of the hashrate after hardware errors, though, is what the 3rd hashrate is for Smiley
That would explain why it's missing from KNC's version...  hum
Well, KnC's current version is based off cgminer, which doesn't have it at all...

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:47:37 AM

Could anyone with a KNC miner do me a favour and ssh into your Miner and post the results for TOP.

So ssh into miner type top (Ctrl +  to exit) and post your results. Troubleshooting mine at the moment so need to compare.

Thanks

Dave  

GMTA Smiley mine was around 15% mem 5% cpu on cgminer

eiliant

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:48:10 AM

Unfortunately, you are wrong.  That is what it boils down to.  You misinterpreted what was clearly written and are now trying to bash the pool to cover you're own lack of understanding.  

Heck, the 105% PPS for NMC is only written in something like two places to begin with, and both are clear that this is NOT for BTC. (Forum, Eligius stats).  Nor anywhere does Eligius promise 105% earnings over other pools or do we compare to anything at all.

I don't even know why I'm continuing to respond other than to prevent misinformation from your misunderstanding of mining harm Eligius's image in some way.

Eligius pays up to 100% PPS for BTC using the CPPSRB reward system, and exactly 105% PPS for NMC using straight PPS payments.

-wk

Thank you for replying though, for me it brings a very positive image of Eligius.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:51:17 AM

You were trying to configure wireless via bridge.  You succeeded I hope.  I want to do something similar but not just protect my miners, I think I'll have [cable docsis modem] --> Linksys (Cisco) E900 wirelessly transmitting --> an access point or bridge of some kind immediately next to it --> another Linksys (Cisco) E900 which will feed my network, miners, tablets and computers.  The separation of hardwire cable in between the docsis -> first E900 and the AP or bridge will protect against a high voltage in via the cable.  Won't protect my TV tho.
What worked, was using the laptop's wireless connection to access the hotspot as a server, enabling DHCP, assigning it an address, then running an ethernet cord to a regular ethernet switch, where my desktops & miners are all connected using I.P.'s all assigned within the same range, using the laptop's connection as the gateway. This also allowed me to move the laptop right next to the android, in the kitchen, when the ethernet switch is here in the livingroom, works excellent
*anyone who tries this should know to do all I.P. sniffing from the server(Laptop)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
cognoscente

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:58:57 AM

You were trying to configure wireless via bridge.  You succeeded I hope.  I want to do something similar but not just protect my miners, I think I'll have [cable docsis modem] --> Linksys (Cisco) E900 wirelessly transmitting --> an access point or bridge of some kind immediately next to it --> another Linksys (Cisco) E900 which will feed my network, miners, tablets and computers.  The separation of hardwire cable in between the docsis -> first E900 and the AP or bridge will protect against a high voltage in via the cable.  Won't protect my TV tho.
What worked, was using the laptop's wireless connection to access the hotspot as a server, enabling DHCP, assigning it an address, then running an ethernet cord to a regular ethernet switch, where my desktops & miners are all connected using I.P.'s all assigned within the same range, using the laptop's connection as the gateway. This also allowed me to move the laptop right next to the android, in the kitchen, when the ethernet switch is here in the livingroom, works excellent
Phoenix, that was very well articulated.  Nice job.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:00:37 AM

Thx, it was actually hard to figure out being so simple...lolz

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
the-skeptic

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:01:16 AM

I have two orders "In Progress". I swear it's like foreplay without the sex.

On a serious note, is everyone taking notice that Gox is hovering around $155 and Coinbase is at $143? Let's hope this is a trend that could help to ease the Everest-esque difficulty increases. Are people hoarding? What are the transaction numbers looking like? I don't know how to figure that stuff out. Are more serious traders coming to the market because of the SilkRoad news being plastered everywhere?
cognoscente

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:04:00 AM

I wonder if someone like Luke can just bypass the beagleboard/controller and talk directly to the asic modules from a faster machine.  Seems the Saturns do better than the Jupiters.
cognoscente

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:04:32 AM

Thx, it was actually hard to figure out being so simple...lolz
Always is.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:15:40 AM

I wonder if someone like Luke can just bypass the beagleboard/controller and talk directly to the asic modules from a faster machine.  Seems the Saturns do better than the Jupiters.

They aren't selling extra control units at this time but didn't completely rule it out

Wait till someone runs .93 on a properly cooled mercury...  Ive been able to run one board around ~158 for a decent amount of time

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:36:10 AM

They aren't selling extra control units at this time but didn't completely rule it out

Wait till someone runs .93 on a properly cooled mercury...  Ive been able to run one board around ~158 for a decent amount of time
tried on my saturn...no difference except more errors
43 & 45 C

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:12:21 AM

*anyone who tries this should know to do all I.P. sniffing from the server(Laptop)

Sounds great.  Are the devices on the ethernet swtich on the same network as the laptop's wireless?

Or different networks and the laptop routing data from the one network to the other?  And if this latter, does it take any software not typically found on WinXP?

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Pages: « 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 [837] 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.