Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 03:41:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006694 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:05:08 PM

At a diff increase of only 15%

6TH in September will get you 7+ BTC by the end of the year
3TH now will get you 10+ BTC by the end of the year.

3TH now + 3TH in August will get you 16+ BTC by the end of the year

I trust you can do the basic maths and compare this to the number of BTC you could buy now with the same $$$

I see that you can do basic math which is good, but you are forgetting something.

You really should learn to pick your arguments RoadStress …

6TH @ $4500, 18% increase in difficulty, $.15kwh electricity cost, starting in 45 days (early-mid August) will earn less than 7 BTC before it is operating in the RED. At today's BTC prices, you could purchase more BTC than the SP30 will earn before it becomes a boat anchor.

Presumably, since you are a genius at match you have figured this out for yourself. The only question we all are asking is why are you shilling so hard for SP30 machines when you know buying BTC is a better option.

So you deny your own statement. Good one. If the future is as bad as you say with 6TH/s then it's actually worse for the Neptune "delivered" one month earlier since it has 1/2 of the hashrate and more power consumption.

BTC is a better option when? At what exchange rate and sold when?

iCEBREAKER is a troll! He and cypherdoc helped HashFast scam 50 Million $ from its customers !
H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2436

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:53:19 PM

Do you really think they will be shipping in september? They said they expect to ship batch 1 and 2 before the end of this month..

Batch 2 is next month.

Batch 2 pre-order customers before the end of the month.

Buy & Hold
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

If this Neptune is really a 5 box solution, then I'm wondering if they are linked with data-ribbon, or each box stand-alone, in which case the GH/Watt rating is increased by the added BBB/controller combo in each box. (Maybe controller/pcb on a single board now) Trading efficiency for RMA "ease". Considering past events, probably a wise move on their part, although it looks oddly like a pain in the *ss to deal with so many ip's and GUI pages, and miner worker-names, etc.... to bad they're not wifi
Future board revisions will surely yield greater efficiency, especially if they use the multi-asic per board approach, and only have one controller BBB combo to feed power to... or was there a limit on what the BBB could handle Th/s wise?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
tolip_wen

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:03:40 PM

If this Neptune is really a 5 box solution, then I'm wondering if they are linked with data-ribbon, or each box stand-alone, in which case the GH/Watt rating is increased by the added BBB/controller combo in each box. (Maybe controller/pcb on a single board now) Trading efficiency for RMA "ease". Considering past events, probably a wise move on their part, although it looks oddly like a pain in the *ss to deal with so many ip's and GUI pages, and miner worker-names, etc.... to bad they're not wifi
Future board revisions will surely yield greater efficiency, especially if they use the multi-asic per board approach, and only have one controller BBB combo to feed power to.

Considering that the "n" in KnC stands for FRUGAL TO A FAULT,
my bets would be on one controller and serial connections. It need not be ribbon cable though.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:17:59 PM

my bets would be on one controller and serial connections. It need not be ribbon cable though.

YMMV
Smiley

I concur.  Aso, it is unlikely that they'll ever have more than one ASIC per board/box and that single PCI-E plug is a major safety hazard.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:57:02 PM

What did I miss? UPS shipping notifications flying out to everyone all over the world? 400 Neptunes shipped, 2 days left to ship the other 800 rigs in batch 1 as they promised?! KFC are hamazing!

We expect to ship to Batch 1 pre-order customers this week

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

YMMV
Smiley

I concur.  Aso, it is unlikely that they'll ever have more than one ASIC per board/box and that single PCI-E plug is a major safety hazard.
if only a single asic and pcb per box, then why a safety hazard?
I't basically the same as the 28nm was then
edit:   oh, i see..    2100 watts/5 is 420 per plug...ouch   Double connectors (pci splitter)may be in order.....  wonder how hot those leads will be

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

up until a week or so ago i thought s1gs3gv was a lot smarter - but perhaps hes playing a role for reason/s as yet unestablished??

Why thank you Sir Edgar. If you are referring to my agreement with Searing that it is probably best just to buy BTC instead of miners, I'm not sure how you could take exception to that. After all, buying mining hardware now is like buying BTC at a 10-20% premium.

Will be interesting to see how the S3 is priced ...

Actually i fully agree with the sentiment of buying coin direct over paying full price for any of the miners on offer now. but this was discussed, calculated & agreed upon when the S2 was released 'ages' ago.

Sighrings repetition of it among other bunkum hardly makes him the 'founding father of forethought'

I was specifically referring to your recent 'Leave KnC Alone' crusade, them chumps fumbled the ball in september last year - and NEVER managed to get a grip since!

i wont repeat how & why as it is already fully known & understood.

As for the S3 - my guess is Over-Priced, as per 'sigh'ing usual.

i think much more interesting will be the state of the 'nearlytunes' when they start arriving on doorsteps & the subsequent cheers/tears 999/911 calls for the fire brigade/dept.

the greed of these guys knows NO bounds

LOL @ Phonie 'never stops learning' - clearly you need to bone up on your math as well as reading comprehension, or perhaps you can hit the old ignore aka save me from my own ignorance button
What is your point here besides attempting to piss others off? After bashing Searing, and ridiculing him, you admit he's probably right yet want to be sure you said it was your thought first?  You are so shallow.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:38:08 PM

raw nerve, phonie?

try utilizing your brain, you want to project this image of knowing wtf you are talking about, putting ppl down whilst being among the most retarded members among us.

as well as being dishonest, you are dense, hard headed and a slow learner who happens to be a know-nothing know-it-all.

edit some more to prove you're not simple.

or go & cry to the mods....S'More

smart of you to remove your dishonest 'never stops learning' crap - even if you are still residing on Pluto.

Oooh, the classic 'twist facts to suit your insanity', its been a while since you employed that one in here!

i NEVER said it first and you know full well i NEVER claimed to, you are so crooked!

leopards & spots eh...
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:41:52 PM

edit:   oh, i see..    2100 watts/5 is 420 per plug...ouch   Double connectors (pci splitter)may be in order.....  wonder how hot those leads will be

Molex rates those Minifit-JR plugs at 8A per conductor.  Since there are three, the plug itself is rated to 24A.  KNC intends for you to run at 45.8% above the manufacturer's rating.   Any thoughts on what happens after running something like this 24/7 at 45.8% above its rated capacity?

So it's not a matter of the PSU cables, or requiring a splitter.  It's a matter of the connector that's mated to the PCB being run well past its rating.  There should be at MINIMUM two PCI-E plugs, three if you want to leave the end-user room to overclock.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:44:02 PM

edit:   oh, i see..    2100 watts/5 is 420 per plug...ouch   Double connectors (pci splitter)may be in order.....  wonder how hot those leads will be

Molex rates those Minifit-JR plugs at 8A per conductor.  Since there are three, the plug itself is rated to 24A.  KNC intends for you to run at 45.8% above the manufacturer's rating.   Any thoughts on what happens after running something like this 24/7 at 45.8% above its rated capacity?

i'll give 'em a clue - you can roast marshmallows with it  Wink

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

Molex rates those Minifit-JR plugs at 8A per conductor.  Since there are three, the plug itself is rated to 24A.  KNC intends for you to run at 45.8% above the manufacturer's rating.   Any thoughts on what happens after running something like this 24/7 at 45.8% above its rated capacity?

i'll give 'em a clue - you can roast marshmallows with it  Wink

Those housings will not survive at those ratings and become brittle and then melt/burn out. I really hope that KnC can get the power down for these or it will be real interesting.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
midyatspor

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

edit:   oh, i see..    2100 watts/5 is 420 per plug...ouch   Double connectors (pci splitter)may be in order.....  wonder how hot those leads will be

Molex rates those Minifit-JR plugs at 8A per conductor.  Since there are three, the plug itself is rated to 24A.  KNC intends for you to run at 45.8% above the manufacturer's rating.   Any thoughts on what happens after running something like this 24/7 at 45.8% above its rated capacity?

i'll give 'em a clue - you can roast marshmallows with it  Wink

Those housings will not survive at those ratings and become brittle and then melt/burn out. I really hope that KnC can get the power down for these or it will be real interesting.

Here is more info on the connectors: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62686.0

Perhaps you need to use these 13A per wire http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=minifit_plus_connector_system&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction&parentKey=minifit_products

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:16:12 PM

Here is more info on the connectors: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62686.0

Perhaps you need to use these 13A per wire http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=minifit_plus_connector_system&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction&parentKey=minifit_products

hmm, yeah...  looks like you get double the wattage using the extra two black pins going from six to eight pin. Maybe there's a way we can jumper the extra ground to the psu to compensate for it being six pin. (Just a thought)

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
samsonn25

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:23:11 PM

So it's not a matter of the PSU cables, or requiring a splitter.  It's a matter of the connector that's mated to the PCB being run well past its rating.  There should be at MINIMUM two PCI-E plugs, three if you want to leave the end-user room to overclock.

Yes this is stupid, unless KNC thinks most people will make custom connections for power with correct guage wires and non-conventional power supplies.

If this is the case at least include some custom heavy duty pcie-cables (if thick enough, a single rail psu can handle it), for 12k people deserve that at least.
VJain

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:25:16 PM

up until a week or so ago i thought s1gs3gv was a lot smarter - but perhaps hes playing a role for reason/s as yet unestablished??

Why thank you Sir Edgar. If you are referring to my agreement with Searing that it is probably best just to buy BTC instead of miners, I'm not sure how you could take exception to that. After all, buying mining hardware now is like buying BTC at a 10-20% premium.

Will be interesting to see how the S3 is priced ...

Actually i fully agree with the sentiment of buying coin direct over paying full price for any of the miners on offer now. but this was discussed, calculated & agreed upon when the S2 was released 'ages' ago.

Sighrings repetition of it among other bunkum hardly makes him the 'founding father of forethought'

I was specifically referring to your recent 'Leave KnC Alone' crusade, them chumps fumbled the ball in september last year - and NEVER managed to get a grip since!

i wont repeat how & why as it is already fully known & understood.

As for the S3 - my guess is Over-Priced, as per 'sigh'ing usual.

i think much more interesting will be the state of the 'nearlytunes' when they start arriving on doorsteps & the subsequent cheers/tears 999/911 calls for the fire brigade/dept.

the greed of these guys knows NO bounds

LOL @ Phonie 'never stops learning' - clearly you need to bone up on your math as well as reading comprehension, or perhaps you can hit the old ignore aka save me from my own ignorance button

E2A - LMFAO!! Wonder how you survived this long!

For profit buying is great. For securing the network... Mining always helps out. Helps secure any coins you might have invested as all.

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
midyatspor

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:29:48 PM

hmm, yeah...  looks like you get double the wattage using the extra two black pins going from six to eight pin. Maybe there's a way we can jumper the extra ground to the psu to compensate for it being six pin. (Just a thought)

If they did not think about the connector then there is something wrong with their engineering dept.

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

Yeeehaaa.. I am glad I planned ahead. Smiley

1smracer15yDLhJG27fd7GV3tegcNjtg2
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:08:24 PM

Yeeehaaa.. I am glad I planned ahead. Smiley

]http://i.imgur.com/ACxKst7.jpg[/img]

What are the non-minifit ends going to...a server PSU?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

im shit out of luck guys and I really want to do something about this legally but dont know whos also going down that track or where to go. i have a really damaged fraken jupe

BTC:1B3GN2WRQ6LBk9PcuZxoXevhty8sTgVrxn  <-------ONLY DEPOSIT TO THIS ADDRESS
LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS UNTIL 21st NOVEMBER
Pages: « 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 [1755] 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.