Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:12:15 AM

Peeps....
I thought every miner knew....

You should only use SINGLE RAIL PSU'S
anything else you are wasting $ and taking huge risks imho

Multi-rail PSU's are SHIT,
I burnt out a couple last Generation before going to all Corsair single-rail
Even when the multi's "worked", they could not keep up with the rest
Even 5 year old-crappy used HP desktop PSU's were better. Just sayin'

Yeah.  Even when the multi-rails are powerful enough to run mining gear by spec,  I seem to have much more problems with multi-rail then single rail PSUs.  I'd go for a 1200 Corsair over a 1500 Enermax any day. And I'd go for a server PSU over both =)

Over on the KNC board there are several complaints that the Corsair AX1200i's are shutting down at startup presumably because of the protection mechanism built into the PSU.
Yeah, I needed to solder a second connector for each Neptune box. After that one AX1200i was able to power 3 boxes at 475 MHz through 6 PCI-e cables.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:20:24 AM

Peeps....
I thought every miner knew....

You should only use SINGLE RAIL PSU'S
anything else you are wasting $ and taking huge risks imho

Multi-rail PSU's are SHIT,
I burnt out a couple last Generation before going to all Corsair single-rail
Even when the multi's "worked", they could not keep up with the rest
Even 5 year old-crappy used HP desktop PSU's were better. Just sayin'

Yeah.  Even when the multi-rails are powerful enough to run mining gear by spec,  I seem to have much more problems with multi-rail then single rail PSUs.  I'd go for a 1200 Corsair over a 1500 Enermax any day. And I'd go for a server PSU over both =)

Over on the KNC board there are several complaints that the Corsair AX1200i's are shutting down at startup presumably because of the protection mechanism built into the PSU.
Yeah, I needed to solder a second connector for each Neptune box. After that one AX1200i was able to power 3 boxes at 475 MHz through 6 PCI-e cables.

Please share your work with the class.  Smiley
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

I hate my family

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:23:12 AM

Is it ok to use "Peripheral - IDE/SATA" PSU slots to connect to a Jupiter (6-pin PCI):

In particular, can I connect four of these 6-pin cables into a Jupiter:
http://www.moddiy.com/products/6%252dPin-PSU-Modular-Power-Cable-to-PCI%252dE-%2830cm%29.html

connected with the four 6-pin Peripheral - IDE/SATA PSU slots on this power supply on the left:
https://i.imgur.com/zC4AhUu.jpg

Or are the Peripherals/IDE/SATA NOT to be used?

The power supply on the left has 4 12-pin connectors, but one of them is fried (bottom right corner). So, I'm wondering if instead it's possible to use the 6-in PSU slots that say "Peripheral - IDE/SATA" on it and connect them to the four 6-pin cables of the Jupiter? Thank you

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
crashoveride54902

Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:00:59 AM

Is it ok to use "Peripheral - IDE/SATA" PSU slots to connect to a Jupiter (6-pin PCI):

http://www.moddiy.com/products/6%252dPin-PSU-Modular-Power-Cable-to-PCI%252dE-%2830cm%29.html

connected with the four 6-pin Peripheral - IDE/SATA PSU slots on this power supply on the left:

The power supply on the left has 4 12-pin connectors, but one of them is fried (bottom right corner). So, I'm wondering if instead it's possible to use the 6-in PSU slots that say "Peripheral - IDE/SATA" on it and connect them to the four 6-pin cables of the Jupiter? Thank you

I have the same psu as you...fried a cable too as well...i think its cause they used cheap cables and using 2 off one plug wasn't good...wish i used all 4 plugs and i probably wouldn't have fried that plug Sad

dunno if you could...but you could always just open up the psu and solder wires directly to use that pcie plug...

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

The answer is yes and no.  If you were inclined to create a franken-cable that took the 12V lines from 3 of the peripheral connectors then you could theoretically source some more power from there into a PCIe connector.

As for the idea you presented in using that cable to just plug in directly to the peripheral section, that will not work.  The pins in the peripheral section contain 2 grounds, a 5V line, a 3.3V line and the 12V line.  It is not designed as a PCIe compatible connection and will not work as is.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:07:14 AM

I'm embarrased to say I didn't think it would be a problem, all my previous supplies have been single rail, so I've never had the experience so I bought a couple Antec 1300W  4 X 25 AMP PSU's cuz I thought they'd be fine and they were on a massive sale???

I haven't opened them yet, should I try to exchange?

Yes.

point taken, - is http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48291 sufficient?

this PSU I think is the same as in the video, but it seems that the included cables might not be up to snuff...

from here -> http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48291/Reviews

The stock cables that come with the power supply seem fairly cheaply braided, however they do sell single braided cable sets for 90 buck that make a huge difference

I guess what I'm asking is what is the most trusted PSU to run this beast?

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:25:25 AM

I guess the big question I have for those who have received their Neptune's in the US and in Canada (if there aren't Canadian's other than myself in this thread) did you have to pay duty if so how how much?

Thanks,

You don't have to pay duty but you have to pay the HST @ 13% of the declared value after converting to CAD which is a real downer since our dollar plummeted against the USD since last NOV.  I've had to pay this one every miner I've purchased... yes I got BFL'd.

depends what province.

Alberta should pay 5% GST only.

*edit* plus probably some kind of brokerage fee

Yikes, so I guess I would like to know if any of the B1 customers are from Canada here and when they get their Neptune what does KNC mark its value as, because that's how they determine the HST. For us Canadians that could mean paying an extra $1500.

I cancelled my order so I wont know about the Neptune but when I got my Saturn they marked the full price on it.  I was expecting the same for the Neptune.  I would think anyone who has received their Neptune order could tell you what price was declared on the shipping label.
Does anyone have that info?
yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:54:54 AM

The answer is yes and no.  If you were inclined to create a franken-cable that took the 12V lines from 3 of the peripheral connectors then you could theoretically source some more power from there into a PCIe connector.

As for the idea you presented in using that cable to just plug in directly to the peripheral section, that will not work.  The pins in the peripheral section contain 2 grounds, a 5V line, a 3.3V line and the 12V line.  It is not designed as a PCIe compatible connection and will not work as is.

Thanks for your help. Since my 4th PCI-e slot is fried, can I still use the CPU slot on the PSU instead to connect to one of the 6+2 pins on the Jupiter, as long as I still use a proper PCI-E cable? (I would use the other 3 working PCI-E slot with the rest of the 6+2's). See image https://i.imgur.com/zC4AhUu.jpg

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:56:48 AM

corsair ax1200 is quite a good psu, but it cannot work for neppy?

for those who received their neptunes, what PSU can make neppy work?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:00:59 AM

I'm embarrased to say I didn't think it would be a problem, all my previous supplies have been single rail, so I've never had the experience so I bought a couple Antec 1300W  4 X 25 AMP PSU's cuz I thought they'd be fine and they were on a massive sale???

I haven't opened them yet, should I try to exchange?

Yes.

point taken, - is http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48291 sufficient?

this PSU I think is the same as in the video, but it seems that the included cables might not be up to snuff...

from here -> http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX48291/Reviews

The stock cables that come with the power supply seem fairly cheaply braided, however they do sell single braided cable sets for 90 buck that make a huge difference

I guess what I'm asking is what is the most trusted PSU to run this beast?

Those EVGA 1300s work great for my FrankenJup. But others had problems trying to run more than 5 FrankenJup modules. So I would proceed with caution. Check the KNC forum for more discussions about PSUs.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:03:36 AM

corsair ax1200 is quite a good psu, but it cannot work for neppy?

for those who received their neptunes, what PSU can make neppy work?

It seems that they shutdown on startup.
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:12:00 AM

I guess the big question I have for those who have received their Neptune's in the US and in Canada (if there aren't Canadian's other than myself in this thread) did you have to pay duty if so how how much?

Thanks,

You don't have to pay duty but you have to pay the HST @ 13% of the declared value after converting to CAD which is a real downer since our dollar plummeted against the USD since last NOV.  I've had to pay this one every miner I've purchased... yes I got BFL'd.

depends what province.

Alberta should pay 5% GST only.

*edit* plus probably some kind of brokerage fee

Yikes, so I guess I would like to know if any of the B1 customers are from Canada here and when they get their Neptune what does KNC mark its value as, because that's how they determine the HST. For us Canadians that could mean paying an extra $1500.

I cancelled my order so I wont know about the Neptune but when I got my Saturn they marked the full price on it.  I was expecting the same for the Neptune.  I would think anyone who has received their Neptune order could tell you what price was declared on the shipping label.
Does anyone have that info?

They will undoubtedly list the full price for the unit.

I don't know if provincial tax applies, because AB doesn't have provincial tax, (honestly I don't even know what HST is?)

but you will at minimum have to pay the 5% GST.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:16:10 AM

Those EVGA 1300s work great for my FrankenJup. But others had problems trying to run more than 5 FrankenJup modules. So I would proceed with caution. Check the KNC forum for more discussions about PSUs.

thanks, I'm waiting a response from the guy that did the video, I'll relay his answer if he does.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:22:12 AM

Thanks for your help. Since my 4th PCI-e slot is fried, can I still use the CPU slot on the PSU instead to connect to one of the 6+2 pins on the Jupiter, as long as I still use a proper PCI-E cable? (I would use the other 3 working PCI-E slot with the rest of the 6+2's). See image https://i.imgur.com/zC4AhUu.jpg

There is usable power from that CPU slot on the PSU but unfortunately it is wired differently than the PCIe standard.  Check here to see what I mean: http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

You could modify the CPU cable to turn it into a pseudo PCIe though without too much work by removing the pins from the CPU connector and inserting correctly for PCIe.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:32:49 AM

This debate is a joke.

Basically, mining is a hedged investment on Bitcoin, and your profit is lower but your risk is also lower than purely investing in Bitcoin.

Furthermore, you help stabilize and secure the network aswell as verify transactions.

Buy and hold is nice, and many miners also do this, but the positive impact on the Bitcoin system is very limited.

You can mine and do all the things you suggest AND recover your costs or you can mine and not recover your costs.

Which would *YOU* rather do Collider ?

Without profit mining is dead. When mining dies, the network dies.

This is why honest ROI discussions are so important. The future of bitcoin depends on mining being economically sustainable.

Those vendors who avoid ROI discussions, take advantage of people's ignorance or otherwise exploit their customers are doing bitcoin a grave disservice. Its easy to talk the talk, how many of them are walking the walk ?

Mine manufacture's are constantly exploiting newbie miners for more sales. There will be plenty of guys at home getting the stink by their wife and both wondering when they're going to make any money, even $10.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:46:22 AM

I have the same psu as you...fried a cable too as well...i think its cause they used cheap cables and using 2 off one plug wasn't good...wish i used all 4 plugs and i probably wouldn't have fried that plug Sad

dunno if you could...but you could always just open up the psu and solder wires directly to use that pcie plug...

I have ALWAYS spent more money on Seasonic and have always had good luck. I think they make the best power supplies on the market. I've bought and used just about every other brand and all have failed abnormally.

http://www.seasonicusa.com/

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:53:54 AM

I have ALWAYS spent more money on Seasonic and have always had good luck. I think they make the best power supplies on the market. I've bought and used just about every other brand and all have failed abnormally.

http://www.seasonicusa.com/

It's funny you mention this because the slot that got fried was on a Seasonic PSU   Cheesy (But yeah I get it it was probably a cheap wire).  I've had more luck with Corsairs, but then again I'm not too experienced.

Cablez - if what you're saying is correct - namely that you can't use the CPU slot with a PCI-E cable - then I don't understand why my 850W Seasonic PSU has slots indistinguishable between CPU/PCI-E. In other words, it seems like you can plug in anything CPU or PCI-E in here, or no:??

EDIT: Or maybe if it just says CPU only, then it means exactly that. But if it says CPU/PCI-E then it's like a "hybrid."? That would be my guess.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:09:45 AM

Corsair don't actually manufacture their own PSUs. They are made by Seasonic and Flextronics...
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:14:17 AM

i am a bit confused here. in what circumstance the neptune will fry a PSU slot? because the elec current is too huge?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:23:22 AM

There is usable power from that CPU slot on the PSU but unfortunately it is wired differently than the PCIe standard.  Check here to see what I mean: http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

You could modify the CPU cable to turn it into a pseudo PCIe though without too much work by removing the pins from the CPU connector and inserting correctly for PCIe.

This is correct the power and grounds are on opposites of each other.
Pages: « 1 ... 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: