Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 02:39:21 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3008253 times)
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:12:12 AM

Got just two pieces of information to share:

a) got confirmed from knc, that even if you have jupiter and one of the chips/board fail, you can pull the card out and run at lower hashrate. (was wandering if it's worth having two saturns instead of one jupiter - besides heating two rooms instead of just one).

b) the advantage of KnC private pool, if implemented right, is kind of immunity to DDoS. as long as attackes have no idea what host/network to DDoS, they can only kill whole Sweden. (yes, there are ways to find out, but if done right, you can hide well). btw. i'm going to run my device at home. i like the advantage of free heat during winter (pretty much means zero electricity costs).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:16:31 AM

For all the positive spin of KNC

Here is a place to put your faith in them if you truly believe !!!

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

You can get ~ 2:1 odds paid out if you believe KNC can deliver before October !!!

After really not being engaged with KNC & their ASIC project...after reading for the last 2 hours I really doubt they can deliver and the previous happy happy joy joy pictures are after Josh explains to KNC that you dont really have to deliver anything within any real time frames

Thats why they are in a group hug  Grin

...lolz

Good luck.

All,

I would like to say that EVERYTHING that needs to be done at this point in time for a September delivery has indeed been done.
We are on track for delivery and we know of nothing currently to the contrary.

There is not a single part in our systems that has a longer delivery time than the time we still have available.

Yes that does imply that things that don’t need to be ordered yet have not been ordered. The reason behind that is we simply don’t need to order them yet, We do  have contracts with all suppliers we need to have contracts with Those contracts contain delivery times and the associated order dates by which we must confirm the amounts (and of course pay).

I hope this removes confusion

KnCMiner

Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
timmmers

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:46:30 AM

So is it too late for me to pull a refund from BFL and instead invest it into KnC? =/

As of now, it highly seem unlikely I'll receive my miners from BFL by Q1 2014, let alone October which is KnC's "projected" date.  If I made a purchase now with KnC, will I be able to get something before the end of this year?

Your BFL rig will be delivered in 2 weeks.
Seriously though, I'd say there's much better chance of anything from Sweden than BFL this year, and if it's next year ...it's going to be too late for any meaningful returns.

If I didn't have an order now, I'd be waiting for their next gen promised in early next year for a better chance of ROI.
Anything delivered after Nov is going to struggle to be worthwhile most likely. According to this calculator anyway http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ , it may not be right but it's a decent comparison tool IMO. BFL rigs make depressing reading on there if they aren't already hashing.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:46:20 AM

So is it too late for me to pull a refund from BFL and instead invest it into KnC? =/

As of now, it highly seem unlikely I'll receive my miners from BFL by Q1 2014, let alone October which is KnC's "projected" date.  If I made a purchase now with KnC, will I be able to get something before the end of this year?

No one can answer this for you but yourself.

It would be irresponsible.

As irresponsible as it is for you to ask a group of strangers to make your mind up for you, on the premise you will blame anyone, but yourself for your own decision should deadlines be missed.

Read up, all the info is here, sufficient to make a choice, KnC to their credit have been more open about who hy are and their intentions than any other company and their talent exists.

However, it's upto you to determine your own risk profile and invest funds you are willing to risk. Again, funds you are comfortable risking. As with any other horse here, this is a race, some are more competent, but they are involved in a race.

Make an informed choice, let it be your own, and blame or credit no one but yourself on the other side of September...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:51:16 AM

I can. Yes, and Yes.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
madsusies

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

As irresponsible as it is for you to ask a group of strangers to make your mind up for you, on the premise you will blame anyone, but yourself for your own decision should deadlines be missed.

Read up, all the info is here, sufficient to make a choice, KnC to their credit have been more open about who hy are and their intentions than any other company and their talent exists.

However, it's upto you to determine your own risk profile and invest funds you are willing to risk. Again, funds you are comfortable risking. As with any other horse here, this is a race, some are more competent, but they are involved in a race.

Make an informed choice, let it be your own, and blame or credit no one but yourself on the other side of September...

There is a zero percentage risk, NO 28mm chips(units)= someone gonna die, I can wait for my unit in jail. People do not borrow money just from banks  Wink
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:55:34 AM

There is a zero percentage risk, NO 28mm chips(units)= someone gonna die, I can wait for my unit in jail. People do not borrow money just from banks  Wink

Or you can use some for of protected payment method like credit card and save yourself the incarceration Wink

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:57:26 AM

final
any news about knc chips?

will be production these month or not?Huh?

is august
erk

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:07:20 AM

final

is august
There has never been a mention of August production to my knowledge.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:14:29 AM

final

is august
They confirmed tape-out. That's all.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
sbfree

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:47:57 AM

Anenome5, can you describe "tape-out" to a noob.

Also, if KNC has already done this, and has already given a ship out date or timeline (sept. 1-30), why hold back any info. in regards to the

actual progress in the making of these machines??

I know others have stated competitive business practices and secrecy, but if there are other manufacturers/competitors, wouldn't they

know more or less where KNC is at in the manufacturing process by stating a shipping date/timeline anyway??
FUKT

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:49:00 AM

Lol, some people fail to realise that there are people (myself included) who would just fly to Sweden and kick some fucking heads in if they fail to deliver on time.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:11:05 PM

Also, if KNC has already done this, and has already given a ship out date or timeline (sept. 1-30), why hold back any info. in regards to the

I know others have stated competitive business practices and secrecy, but if there are other manufacturers/competitors, wouldn't they

know more or less where KNC is at in the manufacturing process by stating a shipping date/timeline anyway??

No, they wouldn't they can only guess, which, if you look around you is the reason the forum is in disarray. Wink

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:36:10 PM

Tape out basically submits the final design to the fabrcation process

i.e they now build it Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
sbfree

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:05:48 PM

Yipyip, in other words, according to kncminer, by "tape-out" they mean to say that the chip is beyond theoretical design, and is now actually in the fabrication (or build it stage as you put it) plant where they make ASIC chips?

Anyone know how long it takes to fab 50 wafers?
polarhei

Activity: 448

Firing it up

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:08:31 PM

Tape out basically submits the final design to the fabrcation process

i.e they now build it Cheesy

I don't think so as there are bad cases even the FPGA array unveiled for proof. There is high chance that the being is not sent on 30 September 2013. For this reqson, I have to look more, which is known as labcoin,  may be the first answer for me due to the fucked up.
HyperMega

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:30:38 PM

Yipyip, in other words, according to kncminer, by "tape-out" they mean to say that the chip is beyond theoretical design, and is now actually in the fabrication (or build it stage as you put it) plant where they make ASIC chips?

Anyone know how long it takes to fab 50 wafers?

Wafers are manufactured in lots (e.g. 25 wafer each). A Foundry normally gives you a committed cycle time for the concrete 28nm fab for a wafer lot. That time strongly depends on what priority your run got and which tech options you choose (e.g. how many metal layers). If they were lucky and got a so called "rocket" run it could be as fast as 30 to 45 days. Standard runs take between 60 to 90 days.

After that the wafers must be bumped (prepared for flip-chip packaging, probably at another facility), diced in dies and packaged in the flip-chip package. Don't know how long this takes exactly, but it could be easily "2 more weeks". Wink
nightengale

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

So... If I understand things correctly, the "pre-order registration" shipments are supposed to go out in September. I came into the game a little later and initiated a purchase via PayPal eCheck on 6/23; those are supposed to clear in 3-5 business days. Then on 6/26, KnC sent out a newsletter apologizing for any confusion on the pre-order process, and offered an additional 7-day window on pre-order payment. They've been very clear all along however, that orders will ship in the order of payment received. They've also been clear that they are not shipping "batches", but rather shipping continuously. I've not been assigned a "ship day" as of yet. So my question is, is it possible that my miner will ship in September then b/c of the payment-received order queueing?
plasmoske

Activity: 252

The realist

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

So my question is, is it possible that my miner will ship in September then b/c of the payment-received order queueing?

It's possible. You might not know. But for the people who "pre-ordered" before all this, they are pretty much guaranteed September delivery.
cet

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:29:22 PM

So... If I understand things correctly, the "pre-order registration" shipments are supposed to go out in September. I came into the game a little later and initiated a purchase via PayPal eCheck on 6/23; those are supposed to clear in 3-5 business days. Then on 6/26, KnC sent out a newsletter apologizing for any confusion on the pre-order process, and offered an additional 7-day window on pre-order payment. They've been very clear all along however, that orders will ship in the order of payment received. They've also been clear that they are not shipping "batches", but rather shipping continuously. I've not been assigned a "ship day" as of yet. So my question is, is it possible that my miner will ship in September then b/c of the payment-received order queueing?

I'm pretty sure that they have assigned a ship date to all orders that will go out in September.  If you don't have a ship date 1,2,3 type comment on your order then you should count on the order being in october.  If it ships in September then it will be a happy surprise.

/cet
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.