Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 [2071] 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:57:46 PM

Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fan did the trick, my least performing cube is consistently hashing at 300 MHz. It used to run at 225 MHz (w/ GenTarkin's Mod), planning to replace 3 remaining fans w/ Noctua. BTW, this is a Batch 1 Titan.

How loud is that thing?

They are louder than the stock fan but you may not need any further mods and adding heatsinks to some vrms may not be necessary

BTW, there is a better price on amazon for that fan, that has free prime shipping

oops, that is out of stock, hawkfish007 may have bought them all up  Smiley   but they usually keep them in stock
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:02:54 PM

Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM fan did the trick, my least performing cube is consistently hashing at 300 MHz. It used to run at 225 MHz (w/ GenTarkin's Mod), planning to replace 3 remaining fans w/ Noctua. BTW, this is a Batch 1 Titan.

How loud is that thing?

I am running this and an A2 with a 2880 W server PSU in my garage, compared to the PSU, Titan and A2 are silent. I don't think Noctua fan by itself will add much noise to your existing setup.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:05:18 PM

How loud is that thing?

They are louder than the stock fan but you may not need any further mods and adding heatsinks to some vrms may not be necessary

BTW, there is a better price on amazon for that fan, that has free prime shipping

oops, that is out of stock, hawkfish007 may have bought them all up  Smiley   but they usually keep them in stock

Yeah, I ordered the last three Smiley

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:23:09 PM

Hello everyone, GenTarkin and I thank you for your support. We wanted to update you on major changes that only affect the free users. Nothing will change for premium paid users.  We have been looking over the free downloads VS. premium sales, and it is very unbalanced in favor of the free version. It appears that a high percent of people are using the free version, and we have only received a few donations, in short its being abused. Our intention with the free version, is to help those that could not afford the premium, and maybe they could donate a little over time. We want to further accelerate this project and fund it further and bring you even more exciting features. In order to do this , we are forced to close access to the free version indefinitely. We apologize and we hope you understand. If you see the value in the work we do, then please show us your support by purchasing premium on Ebay or my site (in our signatures).   

How this will be rolled out: The github project is now private, the README on the github repo will still have all changes & features , it will be updated as GenTarkin continues to develop. This does not mean the project is closed source however. If anyone requires it, the source can be made available. Per release info will eventually be migrated to the public placeolder as well (old Titan public repo of mine).
Also, for ALL current users(paid & free) ... the UPGRADE button on status page will no longer function. It will be removed from future releases. Releases will continue to be distributed as .bin upgrade files.

Gentarkin and Vegas.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:05:03 PM

Just to follow up, next release will include the read only API option for all ip's under MINING tab.

I might be throwing in full text translation for all pages to chinese ... possibly other languages in other future releases.
Other stuff in future release, reworking of graphics background and logo.
Tips&Tricks tab for information etc... in future releases.

Minor fix:
Renaming of page titles in browser so they no longer say KNC.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 01:17:35 AM

Hello everyone, GenTarkin and I thank you for your support. We wanted to update you on major changes that only affect the free users. Nothing will change for premium paid users.  We have been looking over the free downloads VS. premium sales, and it is very unbalanced in favor of the free version. It appears that a high percent of people are using the free version, and we have only received a few donations, in short its being abused. Our intention with the free version, is to help those that could not afford the premium, and maybe they could donate a little over time. We want to further accelerate this project and fund it further and bring you even more exciting features. In order to do this , we are forced to close access to the free version indefinitely. We apologize and we hope you understand. If you see the value in the work we do, then please show us your support by purchasing premium on Ebay or my site (in our signatures).   

How this will be rolled out: The github project is now private, the README on the github repo will still have all changes & features , it will be updated as GenTarkin continues to develop. This does not mean the project is closed source however. If anyone requires it, the source can be made available. Per release info will eventually be migrated to the public placeolder as well (old Titan public repo of mine).
Also, for ALL current users(paid & free) ... the UPGRADE button on status page will no longer function. It will be removed from future releases. Releases will continue to be distributed as .bin upgrade files.

Gentarkin and Vegas.

Welcome to my world with the Jupiter firmware, although you already went more "commercial" than I did and even a few paid users would beat what I brought in.. The most frustrating thing for me was not the passive commitment (e.g., using the free vs. paid) but the explicit promises made to donate by dozens of people I helped (remote logins, etc.) and never did.. I could have called them out of the forums but I didn't thinking they would correct things, sadly over 95% never did...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:23:34 AM

Gentarkin and Vegas.

Welcome to my world with the Jupiter firmware, although you already went more "commercial" than I did and even a few paid users would beat what I brought in.. The most frustrating thing for me was not the passive commitment (e.g., using the free vs. paid) but the explicit promises made to donate by dozens of people I helped (remote logins, etc.) and never did.. I could have called them out of the forums but I didn't thinking they would correct things, sadly over 95% never did...

Most miners on this forum are some pretty bottom of the barrel people. Bunch of greedy stingy fucks who want everything for free, and believe that everything is owed to them.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:21:35 AM

About time to keep those parasites away. When will those cheap bastards understand that there's no such thing as free lunch. So far I'm very happy with my purchase as i now rarely have to babysit my titans. Also the log file is much more helpful now than it was before. Overall it was well spent investment. Just make sure the firmware is properly protected as the cheapskates will try to crack it for sure. 

Gentarkin and Vegas.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:58:07 AM

About time to keep those parasites away. When will those cheap bastards understand that there's no such thing as free lunch. So far I'm very happy with my purchase as i now rarely have to babysit my titans. Also the log file is much more helpful now than it was before. Overall it was well spent investment. Just make sure the firmware is properly protected as the cheapskates will try to crack it for sure.  

Hello everyone, GenTarkin and I thank you for your support. We wanted to update you on major changes that only affect the free users. Nothing will change for premium paid users.  We have been looking over the free downloads VS. premium sales, and it is very unbalanced in favor of the free version. It appears that a high percent of people are using the free version, and we have only received a few donations, in short its being abused. Our intention with the free version, is to help those that could not afford the premium, and maybe they could donate a little over time. We want to further accelerate this project and fund it further and bring you even more exciting features. In order to do this , we are forced to close access to the free version indefinitely. We apologize and we hope you understand. If you see the value in the work we do, then please show us your support by purchasing premium on Ebay or my site (in our signatures).  

Gentarkin and Vegas.

Wow! thanks a bunch for ur praise and review =) ... guess my hard work is worth more than I give myself credit for at times haha!
Just to make sure ... u do have the latest v99c running right? If not, contact vegasguy w/ details how to attain it.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:22:24 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 03:33:45 AM by TXSteve

I have a better idea, give the free loaders a week to pay up at current price, then double the price

either way it's a bargain, but ya gotta do something to get the pond scum eating bottomfeeders motivated  :\  (did I really say that?)

I love my tarky Titan  firmware, makes things so much easier
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:49:06 AM

I have a better idea, give the free loaders a week to pay up at current price, then double the price

either way it's a bargain, but ya gotta do something to get the pond scum eating bottomfeeders motivated  :\  (did I really say that?)

I love my tarky Titan  firmware, makes things so much easier

I think that may hinder sales to new users =/
I have no way of *shutting off* current free users from the firmware. They will just cease to get updates unless they pay for future releases.

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:49:53 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 05:06:24 AM by vegasguy

This proves we made the right decision. Gentarkin and I have been talking about this for a while, and at the same time, we didnt want to upset any users. At the same time more funding can bring many more exciting features. Very shortly Ill be finishing up my hardware video. Its LONG and packed with TONS of information. Its called "Everything you wanted to know about the kncminer Titan, and everything you didnt want to know". As of this moment everyone that has paid for premium version will get the video for free. Everyone that has not paid for premium will have the option to buy for $200.

Included in the video is the following information:
    * What tools you will need.
    * Where to buy every single tool, with specific model numbers and part numbers.
    * How to completely disasemble the titan cube
    * Every symptom of what could possibly go wrong, and how to diagnose all of the symptoms.
    * How to replace a surface mount resistor, how to check if the resistor is bad. What size resistors youll need and where to order them
    * How to replace a pci-e connector. Why is the solder such a nightmare to remove , and how to easily remove all the solder in a few seconds.
    * What to do if you burn a pci-e trace connector and how to repair it. Dont ask me how I know this, its a sore subject Smiley
    * How to reduce your heat in your titans to 50c-55c on the vrms
    * How to PREVENT burned PCI-E connectors (VERY common problem)
    * How to lower temps on vrms and remove that terrible thick thermal pads forever (you dont need them, and they actually make temps higher). What you need to replace them with to lower temps and how.
    * How to apply all the mods , and where to purchase everything youll need to lower your temps to low 50C (Mod parts are Less than $60 a cube).
    * Video will be VERY VERY detailed with closeups and as much detailed information and precautions. You can easily kill your board if you attempt many of the repairs without seeing this video.
    * After seeing this video youll know exactly how to repair the most common problems that arise. Youll know what to do, and most importantly what not to do. There will be LOADS of warnings in this video of what to do and many "what not to do".

..........and much much more!

The video has taken longer than expected because Ive been experimenting with the mods to find out which config works the best to bring the lowest heat possible and to make the titans much stronger and more stable than the original. Ive got most of it finished and still have to do loads of editing. Thanks to everyone that has supported our project. We are honored to serve you, and we picked up where Kncminer left it.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:01:41 AM

This guy on ebay is trying to get the same price more or less for the 150mh version sheesh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Titan-Mini-150-MH-s-Scrypt-Miner-/301754771184?hash=item4641fc66f0

should probably sell one of mine but about the time I do that the difficulty would flat line for months again (I do have that effect on the universe) so I'll just run them out to doorstop status Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:05:21 AM

These are so rare, that I wouldnt be surprised if he actually got it. Because hardly any get listed on Ebay, the law of supply and demand might kick in.

Vegas

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:23:34 AM

Hello everyone, GenTarkin and I thank you for your support. We wanted to update you on major changes that only affect the free users. Nothing will change for premium paid users.  We have been looking over the free downloads VS. premium sales, and it is very unbalanced in favor of the free version. It appears that a high percent of people are using the free version, and we have only received a few donations, in short its being abused. Our intention with the free version, is to help those that could not afford the premium, and maybe they could donate a little over time. We want to further accelerate this project and fund it further and bring you even more exciting features. In order to do this , we are forced to close access to the free version indefinitely. We apologize and we hope you understand. If you see the value in the work we do, then please show us your support by purchasing premium on Ebay or my site (in our signatures).  

Gentarkin and Vegas.

yeah I'm one of those folks that talked to you and grabbed it...but by the time I looked at installing it on the Jupiter that boat had sailed away so never put it in...just saying in my
case by the time I found out about your product (or got around to trying it out) the whole thing was moot with the old Jupiter....so some of that also is in play

(as an example I am PAID for the Titan firmware  product here as of a month ago and STILL not installed such ...my view on my 'evil Titan(s) is if I don't make direct eye contact
with them and/or offend them in some manner by cutting off the elec juice....they tend to stay stable.........i have  a power outage or reboot and it is lets find the cube(s) game
kills an hour till all the plates are back spinning in the air

anyway I'm a bit gun shy with all this fly by night knc titan raspberry pi 8th grade science project junk they made (present glen tarken firmware excluded)

anyway just so you are clear at least about myself on the Jupiter firmware you made

(did not realize it was that bad however back in the day)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:31:30 AM

These are so rare, that I wouldnt be surprised if he actually got it. Because hardly any get listed on Ebay, the law of supply and demand might kick in.

Vegas

I had a chance of getting a Titan a guy had 9 of them he said were sitting around unused from his data hall (eugene,0R) and he felt silly like he should sell them
(thread on www.litecointalk.org)

Ah ..to be a 2009 whale with that kinda scratch to 'forget' about 9 Titans!

He was selling them for 2k each so it was a deal compared to Ebay ..I almost got one with the plan of keeping 2 cubes (I have the slots) and selling the rest
as a Ebay 150mh unit for 1500 to 2k unit

but with diff for LTC rising up (4% last 3 days) etc  was a lot of running around for 2 more cubes so I passed...but at that 2k price I guess it would be possible
with cheap enough elec on those Titans at that price to make ROI in my case at 13.5c kwh the ROI would only be the cubes and the ebay turnover.

So yeah you sell on ebay and you buy on one of the forums ...to those interested..... the www.litecointalk.org thread seems to have the best prices but
his was the 'fairest' price I've seen anyway in awhile

I am unsure if he has sold out yet or not for those interested

me....best I start to break this home miner habit and prepare for the eventual doorstop status for all....ween myself ..the withdrawal symptoms of no more home mining for me are gonna be harsh!

my setup below if anyone is interested

lostgonzo.imgur.com

drank the kool aid I did ..you betcha! Smiley

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:31:37 AM

Gentarkin and Vegas.

Most miners on this forum are some pretty bottom of the barrel people. Bunch of greedy stingy fucks who want everything for free, and believe that everything is owed to them.

Eh not all of them...ive gotten a few nice donations from some of the AlcheMiner users that I did firmware fixes and bfgminer port for. Nothing like $200 you guys are charging, but enough to pay a few lunches Cheesy (come to think of it maybe I'm being too nice Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:45:27 AM

Gentarkin and Vegas.

Eh not all of them...ive gotten a few nice donations from some of the AlcheMiner users that I did firmware fixes and bfgminer port for. Nothing like $200 you guys are charging, but enough to pay a few lunches Cheesy (come to think of it maybe I'm being too nice Wink

Well hell maybe you should just do a lock on your last version..its the free version and any more versions you need some 'scratch' to tweak them anymore...seems reasonable to me ...I follow your project over there on the alcheminers ....just wish we had the 'expertise' to reverse engineer the fpga on the titans so someone could clone a board (or so I heard I have no electronics skills) but anyway no one would devalue you for doing the above after all your previous work I see over there Smiley

mishax1
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:21:08 AM

Big hardware selloff coming in soon ?   

DigitalBTC Bows Out of Bitcoin Mining Race
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:13:11 PM

Guys is there any ideas you would like to see in future releases? If you are not a paid member yet, what feature would cause you to become a paid member? For paid members , do you have any ideas we can implement to the current version?

Vegas

Pages: « 1 ... 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 [2071] 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: