Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:08:59 PM

back to on topic: SOMEONE ON HERE MUST HAVE A PICTURE OR LINK FOR A TITAN PCB BOARD?

Here it is

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:28:37 PM

Very similar, now who has the balls to pull off the Pi? Oh wait, is the Pi on top of a board by default? Then That is how they did it.

Ok, now I see. What KNC did is this:

It looks like they took the Neptune board:
Added a cross connect board to map the Beaglebone pins to a Rpi. Added lights and a U4 thingie. Maybe a clock crystal or a VRM.
Plugged cross connect board into Neptune board
Plugged Pi into cross connect board
Uploaded code into the SPI ports on the FPGA
Went to town.

You can probably build your own cross connect board by looking at the neptune pins, matching them to the BB Black pins, then cross-mapping those to a Pi. Power, SPI, GPIO ports, done. Or just pay the guy above who did it.
qberty

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:23:55 AM

Very similar, now who has the balls to pull off the Pi? Oh wait, is the Pi on top of a board by default? Then That is how they did it.

Added a cross connect board to map the Beaglebone pins to a Rpi. Added lights and a U4 thingie. Maybe a clock crystal or a VRM.
Went to town.

You can probably build your own cross connect board by looking at the neptune pins, matching them to the BB Black pins, then cross-mapping those to a Pi. Power, SPI, GPIO ports, done. Or just pay the guy above who did it.

Yeah that's basically what I did to make the Bridges. So I guess it's settled then. We can use neptune/jup boards with titans (as long as we get a Pi 512 RAM and a bridge to connect it to the board). Good to know.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:46:25 AM

Nice job too, where did you get them made? Looks like a pro job, and if they put the parts on then that has really come a ways from the last time I had PCB's done.
qberty

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:43:57 AM

Nice job too, where did you get them made? Looks like a pro job, and if they put the parts on then that has really come a ways from the last time I had PCB's done.

I did a couple prototypes from a lab near my old school, and just decided to order enough raw materials to make 10 over there by making some kids slave away one by one. It would have been cheaper to just send it to china/us fab lab to mass produce it but I doubt there is enough buyers to warrant that, so I just made a bunch of super high quality ones (Honestly I wanted the PCBs to be white since I like white and it looks a bit classier, but I just settled on cloning them exactly).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:06:50 AM

My Titans controller board is not working. Only one led light is green. Display doesn't show anything. I can connect it but it doesn't find any miners. If anyone knows what to do, please tell me. Also, if anyone has spare controller boards to sell (Titan controller card is compatible with both the Jupiter and Saturn controller cards) please pm me.

don't think they are compabible from what is on this thread...what you can do is replace the raspberry pi B+ (512mb is it) in case it is the PI..if not you have a 40 buck PI to play with.....there is a guy selling Titan bridges here...so see if that is burnt out (between pi and main board)

again as far as the 6 port board from what I understand they are the same but the FPGA chip is programmed for scrypt on the Titans not sha-256 on the neptunes/jupiter/saturns/mercurys etc ..thus it won't work *unless knc in the goodness of there ..hell i can't even fininsh that line...knc won't release the code for such..)

So those are your options (could be a ribbon ...try a different PSU and leads.....check the ports (solder points) on the controller board)

others on here will have better info ..all that comes to mind .....I have limited skills...just the above is what I think is correct.

Went to town.

Yeah that's basically what I did to make the Bridges. So I guess it's settled then. We can use neptune/jup boards with titans (as long as we get a Pi 512 RAM and a bridge to connect it to the board). Good to know.

huh....? I thought the FPGA on (software) on the 6 port board was different and knc would not release such? want you to be right thou ...clarity...GLEN we nee CLARITY ON THIS!
(yelling does not help but makes me feel better as I type this and shout at bitcointalk ...man  I need a life)Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:08:32 PM

My Titans controller board is not working. Only one led light is green. Display doesn't show anything. I can connect it but it doesn't find any miners. If anyone knows what to do, please tell me. Also, if anyone has spare controller boards to sell (Titan controller card is compatible with both the Jupiter and Saturn controller cards) please pm me.

don't think they are compabible from what is on this thread...what you can do is replace the raspberry pi B+ (512mb is it) in case it is the PI..if not you have a 40 buck PI to play with.....there is a guy selling Titan bridges here...so see if that is burnt out (between pi and main board)

again as far as the 6 port board from what I understand they are the same but the FPGA chip is programmed for scrypt on the Titans not sha-256 on the neptunes/jupiter/saturns/mercurys etc ..thus it won't work *unless knc in the goodness of there ..hell i can't even fininsh that line...knc won't release the code for such..)

So those are your options (could be a ribbon ...try a different PSU and leads.....check the ports (solder points) on the controller board)

others on here will have better info ..all that comes to mind .....I have limited skills...just the above is what I think is correct.

Went to town.

huh....? I thought the FPGA on (software) on the 6 port board was different and knc would not release such? want you to be right thou ...clarity...GLEN we nee CLARITY ON THIS!
(yelling does not help but makes me feel better as I type this and shout at bitcointalk ...man  I need a life)Smiley

Yes the FPGA code is different for titans vs the SHA knc products for the controller board.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
qberty

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

Yes the FPGA code is different for titans vs the SHA knc products for the controller board.

Okay then, nevermind. Only way to go back and forth is to flash the nands or freeze dump ://
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:10:39 PM

Sure, but isn't the FPGA microcode loaded as a part of the boot up process?
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:12:46 PM

The problem is people have to test this stuff. And I doubt anyone with a running Titan is willing to take their system down, buy a working Neptune board, plug it all in, see if it works, then put their old system back together. If someone wants to mail me a Titan cube and a Rpi adapter+board feel free to drop me a line.
qberty

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:26:25 PM

The problem is people have to test this stuff. And I doubt anyone with a running Titan is willing to take their system down, buy a working Neptune board, plug it all in, see if it works, then put their old system back together. If someone wants to mail me a Titan cube and a Rpi adapter+board feel free to drop me a line.

Likewise, if someone wants to mail me a neptune set portion PM me as well Wink

The rule of thumb has been so far, that nobody is willing to go out of their way unless it benefits/safeguards them. Tongue
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:59:22 PM

Sure, but isn't the FPGA microcode loaded as a part of the boot up process?

Yeah, its loaded into the RAM on the controller board and executed. Thats why it has to be loaded up each power up.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:01:38 PM

Yeah, its loaded into the RAM on the controller board and executed. Thats why it has to be loaded up each power up.
Ok. Some FPGA's have built in EEPROM that people load the code into. Which pretty much precludes modding it in the field as you need either a Jtag tool like an Atmel Dragon or a Xylink tool to whack at it.

Got the power chips off the board, waiting for cooldown so I can flux and retry. Also checking the caps to see if any shorted.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:42:28 AM

Yep, I figured out why the Neptune (and possibly other) boards have been failing.

root@Neptune:/etc/init.d# io-pwr init
TPS65217 OK. Modification A, revision 1.1
root@Neptune:/etc/init.d#

Yaay! Happy me.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:58:28 AM

Yep, I figured out why the Neptune (and possibly other) boards have been failing.

Yaay! Happy me.

What does that say about failure?

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:21:41 AM

Well, before the chip would never fully power up, it always gave those stupid errors. Now it comes up clean and oddly enough the red LED is lit on the board (it never did that before). Given that pulling the cap cleared the short, I can say as a flat fact that the cap shorted.

Likewise the similar short on the other board makes me think this is not uncommon.

As to what it says, it might say that either:

a) The FPGA runs super hot and fries the caps (I doubt this a lot)
b) The caps are lousy quality and suck Goat Cock (given the # of blown caps I have seen on the hashing boards I wonder).

Will have to work on it a bit more to verify, but more busted boards would help.

Edit: After pulling the trim caps on the other board, the chip seems to be up: Advanced tab now works. I think I have a cross-verify. We'll see.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:30:00 AM

Well, before the chip would never fully power up, it always gave those stupid errors. Now it comes up clean and oddly enough the red LED is lit on the board (it never did that before). Given that pulling the cap cleared the short, I can say as a flat fact that the cap shorted.

Likewise the similar short on the other board makes me think this is not uncommon.

As to what it says, it might say that either:

a) The FPGA runs super hot and fries the caps (I doubt this a lot)
b) The caps are lousy quality and suck Goat Cock (given the # of blown caps I have seen on the hashing boards I wonder).

Will have to work on it a bit more to verify, but more busted boards would help.

Edit: After pulling the trim caps on the other board, the chip seems to be up: Advanced tab now works. I think I have a cross-verify. We'll see.

Well, Im confused ... all that command states is the board powered up fine. LOL! So Im still not sure how that indicates failure.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:49:07 AM

Well, Im confused ... all that command states is the board powered up fine. LOL! So Im still not sure how that indicates failure.
Oh ok. Quick summary (I have all of this in my other thread, I really don't want to screw this one up with endless tech prattle)

On a "bad" board:
TPS65217 OK. Modification A, revision 1.2
Wrong SEQ4 value 0x40
Wrong ENABLE value 0x09
Wrong SEQ4 value 0x40
Wrong SEQ4 value 0x40
Wrong SEQ4 value 0x40
DC/DC converter configuration failed!

On a board where I pulled the shorted cap

io-pwr is the command to fire up the DC-DC converter. It puts out three voltages. If a cap is shorted it detects the crowbar and fails.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 03:07:03 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 03:19:16 AM by Searing

(yelling does not help but makes me feel better as I type this and shout at bitcointalk ...man  I need a life)Smiley

damn i saw  a 1 die only working titan cube go for 100 bucks on ebay that would be worth risking on something like this anyone have a cube that barely hashes that wants to try this?

I mean even a BAD cube that just kinda sorta works for like say 1/2 hr then dorks out would be enough to test such (imho not that I know squat) Smiley

(wonder if VEGAS has such a practiacally 'dead' but not quite Titan Cube... laying about? that is 'unfixable' in a stable manner of any sort but would work for testing purposes?)

I mean SOMEONE on this thread has to have a Titan cube that 'practiacally' is a Titan cube paperweight...ie kinda sorta works but too damn scary to run on their main unit
due to flakyness or inherent knc evilness? Smiley It does not (again in my uninformed opinioin) have to run fast on say its one working die or run for long ...just enough to show
proof of concept)...(again i know squat on electronics just saying Smiley

(yelling does not help but makes me feel better as I type this and shout at bitcointalk ...man  I need a life)Smiley

Likewise, if someone wants to mail me a neptune set portion PM me as well Wink

The rule of thumb has been so far, that nobody is willing to go out of their way unless it benefits/safeguards them. Tongue

Another issue that needs consideration is 'supposedly' you can take any Neptune or Jupiter or Saturn or Mercury board and use such on a Neptune...but the 2nd batch of
Jupiters (asics anyway) were different ..you could not use them on the earlier Oct units..thus would it have to be a Neptune Board to test this stuff...would a NOV Jupiter
batch board work ...WOULD 0ct 2013 Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury Boards work (even thou some of those are only 4 ports)

So I guess you'd kinda have to check it with a Neptune Board first imho on such a Titan cube experiment....and if brave work backwards to a Jupiter NOV 2013 board and backwards that way to be safe I'd ASSUME if they worked on the Neptune Board with a Titan Cube  they would work for all with the bridge adapter ..but how I'd approach this.

(so much fun I could have 'frying stuff' in the interests of this thread..if I could ONLY win the frigging lottery..the stuff I could 'destroy for Science!" sigh) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:13:29 AM

Cool, I'm up and hashing here with wrecked equipment. More details on this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.20

Next up: Fixing blown Titans. Why not, I seem to be kind of good at this :-)

Pages: « 1 ... 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: