Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:45:09 PM

I think we have a bit of a communication disconnect going on here.

I do not want " individually hand packaged for the odd request with pink bows and ribbons."

I want them to simply ship me the boards (I can supply the pink bows and ribbons myself - thank you very much Wink

All I'm saying is that I think their case design is substandard, and I will likely be throwing it in the trash as soon as it arrives. Why go through the bother (and I think extra chance for damage while shipping of those chips or boards attached only to the base of the case with no support from the top or sides as it seems to be.)

Just put those boards into some well cushioned boxes and ship them. no need to assemble. If anything it would speed up shipping. They can just set the chips in the boards, test them for however long, then ship them.

do you get me now?

Wink I get you, I think it's too late in the day to be altering anything along a production line they already have oiled and refined, anything else would make me nervous. I don't think you can have a safer 'delivery box' than a metal case, and having the odd individual order requiring different packaging and shipping would deviate from the simplicity of manufacturing the same case for three identical units, with the same packaging and the same courier offering an agreed price structure. Perhaps if you requested this a couple of months back, but 2-3 weeks prior to them going balls out on manufacture and delivery? Why risk it? Just keep it simple, and the let the only changes here on in be soft tweaks increasing hardware efficiency. Sounds like you know what you want aesthetically and functionally, and you're happy to mod this yourself, although you'll prob void warranty, which is more than likely another reason for a singles case design amongst respective models. Good luck either way and keep us posted as to what you decide, but I doubt they'll make exception to shipping modules separate until they sell upgrades. If that's more cost efficient for peeps you may see hacks of the kit from peeps buying just the modules alone, again whether that has any warranty or not is yet to be seen, but in my opinion unlikely. I know Marcus wants to push the boards through their paces after shipping, but for the sake of September it's getting the beasties set-up safe and certain and in our hands...again good luck with whatever you choose bud, but for my eventual case, I want it to be a stand up arcade cab running MAME; loads of room for cooling options, a decent enough reason for 24/7 operation, a bit of a mod will allow a one button press revealing pool info and some err kinda stealth (if you can call something 6ft in height and black stealthy, unit visibility and noise will not be an issue at least). In any case I can squeeze a few units inside, power supply dependant. Also once it becomes less profitable I either have a shell for the next gen, and/or a MAME cab regardless.
If the machine arrives with broken boards and fans flopping around it'll really suck.  I'd gladly trade the case & assembly for a smooth ride through customs and a single day earlier delivery.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:57:19 PM

Those would definitely work, but that seems a costly and time consuming solution, and as you mention, downtime is a big deal...

I've used these in several custom builds. They're loud at max voltage, but they relocate a whole lot of air. Obviously they're very directional.

http://www.nidecamerica.com/gamma30/gamma30.htm

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

I think we have a bit of a communication disconnect going on here.

I do not want " individually hand packaged for the odd request with pink bows and ribbons."

I want them to simply ship me the boards (I can supply the pink bows and ribbons myself - thank you very much Wink

All I'm saying is that I think their case design is substandard, and I will likely be throwing it in the trash as soon as it arrives. Why go through the bother (and I think extra chance for damage while shipping of those chips or boards attached only to the base of the case with no support from the top or sides as it seems to be.)

Just put those boards into some well cushioned boxes and ship them. no need to assemble. If anything it would speed up shipping. They can just set the chips in the boards, test them for however long, then ship them.

do you get me now?

Wink I get you, I think it's too late in the day to be altering anything along a production line they already have oiled and refined, anything else would make me nervous. I don't think you can have a safer 'delivery box' than a metal case, and having the odd individual order requiring different packaging and shipping would deviate from the simplicity of manufacturing the same case for three identical units, with the same packaging and the same courier offering an agreed price structure. Perhaps if you requested this a couple of months back, but 2-3 weeks prior to them going balls out on manufacture and delivery? Why risk it? Just keep it simple, and the let the only changes here on in be soft tweaks increasing hardware efficiency. Sounds like you know what you want aesthetically and functionally, and you're happy to mod this yourself, although you'll prob void warranty, which is more than likely another reason for a singles case design amongst respective models. Good luck either way and keep us posted as to what you decide, but I doubt they'll make exception to shipping modules separate until they sell upgrades. If that's more cost efficient for peeps you may see hacks of the kit from peeps buying just the modules alone, again whether that has any warranty or not is yet to be seen, but in my opinion unlikely. I know Marcus wants to push the boards through their paces after shipping, but for the sake of September it's getting the beasties set-up safe and certain and in our hands...again good luck with whatever you choose bud, but for my eventual case, I want it to be a stand up arcade cab running MAME; loads of room for cooling options, a decent enough reason for 24/7 operation, a bit of a mod will allow a one button press revealing pool info and some err kinda stealth (if you can call something 6ft in height and black stealthy, unit visibility and noise will not be an issue at least). In any case I can squeeze a few units inside, power supply dependant. Also once it becomes less profitable I either have a shell for the next gen, and/or a MAME cab regardless.
If the machine arrives with broken boards and fans flopping around it'll really suck.  I'd gladly trade the case & assembly for a smooth ride through customs and a single day earlier delivery.

Clearly the case is not a day long build, and a large aluminium case will protect more than bubble wrap.

Disrupting the build process for the entire run, so a few can have their items shipped separate in bespoke packaging is not an option.

I have a feeling broken boards and floppy fans is unlikely to be an issue, unless UPS drop kicks your mining kit.

At least if the courier attempts that he is likely to break his ankle. Karma.

I give up explaining the bleeding obvious. Good night. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:47:03 PM

I'd much rather mine ship in an aluminum case, even if I was going to discard it upon receipt. The last pallet I received from across the pond had a forklift arm stab through half the boxes while on some boat, and parts were spilling out the side as they wheeled it out to my truck. You can keep your cardboard boxes all you want.

SO yeah. Aluminum box ftw.

blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:54:13 PM

yeah. hopefully we get 100% of what our contracts are worth soon.

emmanuel, any updates on your 110TH machines?  we would love to hear about it.

thanks.

Hi,

The plan is to keep adding servers over the next few weeks. The 110 Terahash mine is on schedule for deployment between the 26th to 30th this month. We are well on schedule.

Worst case, July contract owners will be at 100 % capacity once the 110 Terahash mine comes online. As far as cloud hashing service companies go, we are the only ones paying out.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Emmanuel

I read that as cloudhashing is getting 110TH/s from knc equipment. What you guys think?

Bitrated user: blastbob.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:34:39 PM

Don't forget about air filters!
I use furnace filter material for my PC's.
Huge filter so it can get a bit dirty and still have good airflow.
Clean is cooler Smiley
Air filters - great suggestion! Nice to see someone offering positive ideas. I never even thought about filtering the air intake.

Did a search, but I can only find small, pre-cut sizes on the ebay etc.

I did find this, which looks like it would be big enough to cover the entire front of the KNC miner:
http://ramair-filters.co.uk/automotive-accessories/air-filter-foam-material-universal-fitment.html

Is this material the same as a furnace filter?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:44:03 PM

thanks.

Hi,

The plan is to keep adding servers over the next few weeks. The 110 Terahash mine is on schedule for deployment between the 26th to 30th this month. We are well on schedule.

Worst case, July contract owners will be at 100 % capacity once the 110 Terahash mine comes online. As far as cloud hashing service companies go, we are the only ones paying out.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Emmanuel
O

I read that as cloudhashing is getting 110TH/s from knc equipment. What you guys think?
KNCMINER have not shipped any equipment so that's false. I would imagine the wafers have only just been completed if they taped out early July.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:51:12 PM

The automotive stuff is really restrictive -- do not want.

Do an image search for "air conditioner foam filter" -- this stuff's really cheap & you can wash it & reuse it.  Most HW stores carry it. Needs a screen/grill over the fan's intake (those old-skool wire ones are cheap & good), and then simply cut a rectangle slightly oversize & tape edges right to the case (or sandwich between two grills if you wanna be racy).

The furnace filters are big (as in a couple of feet), usually disposable HVAC filters that you can cut up and use -- also really cheap but more of a pain.

If you're hosting in a data center, you don't usually want filters (they usually filter their air, but maybe not everywhere).
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:03:52 PM

thanks.

Hi,

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Emmanuel

110TH from KnC = 275 Jupiters = $2 million dollars before VAT
From the bflscam site I believe cloudhashing are based in USA so will not need to pay VAT, but will need to await shipping
(I'll leave it up to you whether you believe one might buy a bfl minirig out the back door for $100,000)
I trust KnC to be honest and fair, and that they will not allow queue jumpers.
I doubt cloudhashing have prepaid $2million dollars, I expect they placed their order well after the first 500 units, and that KnC will deliver to them when their turn comes up.
Also, I wonder who placed the order for 200 babyjets ? https://hashfast.com/order-chain/
The Avenger

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:46:15 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 12:00:07 AM by The Avenger

The automotive stuff is really restrictive -- do not want.

Do an image search for "air conditioner foam filter" -- this stuff's really cheap & you can wash it & reuse it.  Most HW stores carry it. Needs a screen/grill over the fan's intake (those old-skool wire ones are cheap & good), and then simply cut a rectangle slightly oversize & tape edges right to the case (or sandwich between two grills if you wanna be racy).

The furnace filters are big (as in a couple of feet), usually disposable HVAC filters that you can cut up and use -- also really cheap but more of a pain.
Cool. I'll check this stuff out.

The "box with fans" photo a while back, the inlet fans appear to be bequiet 140mm Silent Wings (as they have 9 blades). So I guess some kind of 140mm grill + even bigger filter would do the trick.

"I am not The Avenger"
The Avenger

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:53:34 AM

OK, just been thinking about this problem for a bit and my best idea so far is to use a "double-decker" design. 2 hashing units, side-by-side, with the other two sitting on top. Allows for a cube type case, allows 4 intake fans (or perhaps just one big box-fan) and a very simple, straight-through airflow. Might not fit in a standard rack but it's incredibly more efficient and clean design.

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. Just buy some off-the-shelf (boom boom!) shelves, power supply in the middle shelf, one unit on each of the other shelves with inlet fan fixed to the front. Cool as a breeze!

Could easily mod something like this to the right size for unit + heatsink.

I think I miss all the DIY gpu rigs  Grin #modyourjupiter

"I am not The Avenger"
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:20:26 AM

OK, just been thinking about this problem for a bit and my best idea so far is to use a "double-decker" design. 2 hashing units, side-by-side, with the other two sitting on top. Allows for a cube type case, allows 4 intake fans (or perhaps just one big box-fan) and a very simple, straight-through airflow. Might not fit in a standard rack but it's incredibly more efficient and clean design.

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. Just buy some off-the-shelf (boom boom!) shelves, power supply in the middle shelf, one unit on each of the other shelves with inlet fan fixed to the front. Cool as a breeze!

Plenty of space in this:

The Avenger

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:12:01 PM

Plenty of space in this:

Hmm, you mentioned this before. Have you thought it out?
- Isn't the airflow going to be all over the place in such a big case?
- Are you going to cut and drill the hell out of it to install inlet/outlet fans? It's gonna look a bit funny.
- Does it still work as an arcade machine? If it does, probably won't for much longer when it starts to fill with hot air.
- It's quite a big thing to have sitting around in a house, especially if it doesn't work. I'd want to keep the whole thing as compact as possible.

But on the upside, no one is going to steal something that big and awkward. I hope you change the name on it to "Bitcoin Invaders"  Cheesy

"I am not The Avenger"
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:23:37 PM

Plenty of space in this:

- Are you going to cut and drill the hell out of it to install inlet/outlet fans? It's gonna look a bit funny.
- Does it still work as an arcade machine? If it does, probably won't for much longer when it starts to fill with hot air.
- It's quite a big thing to have sitting around in a house, especially if it doesn't work. I'd want to keep the whole thing as compact as possible.

But on the upside, no one is going to steal something that big and awkward. I hope you change the name on it to "Bitcoin Invaders"  Cheesy

No mate, I've owned real ones in the past. This is precisely what they were back in the day - housings for huge cutting edge PCB boards (cutting edge in the 80's Wink - those things got hot, had to run 24/7 and had plenty of fans), they were pretty much server cases with large wells-gardner monitors and happ 8-way joysticks. Just these days you can have screens with less depth, larger speakers, and all the games ever created on a thumb drive powered by a tiny light weight processor. Air flow can be altered by adding shelving manipulating the circulation and extraction. You can separate the miners from the rest of the cab. After the miners become redundant, either replace them, keep the cab, or sell the unit on eBay. The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:39:32 PM

+1 to the coinop case. I say rock it. Maybe someone can make an arcade game where you use bitcoins and can win them back? That'd be neat as hell.

I miss those days. My dad used to work for one of the largest coinop/billiard leasing companies in my area. I'd get to preview and play games long before they hit the streets, and I'd get to play them for free at their warehouse. They would assemble them and let them sit for awhile before they got shipped out. Super fun.

I go into arcades these days and it's just not the same. Home game systems surpass the graphics by far, and the arcade world is really dying hard and fast. So many good memories.

djcoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:59:31 PM

http://Image

Plenty of space in this:

http://image

But on the upside, no one is going to steal something that big and awkward. I hope you change the name on it to "Bitcoin Invaders"  Cheesy

No mate, I've owned real ones in the past. This is precisely what they were back in the day - housings for huge cutting edge PCB boards (cutting edge in the 80's Wink - those things got hot, had to run 24/7 and had plenty of fans), they were pretty much server cases with large wells-gardner monitors and happ 8-way joysticks. Just these days you can have screens with less depth, larger speakers, and all the games ever created on a thumb drive powered by a tiny light weight processor. Air flow can be altered by adding shelving manipulating the circulation and extraction. You can separate the miners from the rest of the cab. After the miners become redundant, either replace them, keep the cab, or sell the unit on eBay. The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin

I'm mounting my KNC gear in my MAME / pinball cabs.

(Not really, they're hosted, but would make a cool project)

https://i.imgur.com/xkSkCz0.jpg?1

The Avenger

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

"I am not The Avenger"
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:51:32 PM

The only issue is those with unappreciative wives may have to think it through a little longer, these are a little less subtle than hiding the units in the discreet shelving solution posted before...Grin
Wow, you are an asshole. Can't help taking a swipe can you? Only the worst type of people try to build themselves up by putting others down. Sad fucker. You are ignored.

Dude...where the hell is this coming from? Are you off your meds?

Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:17:29 PM

Dude...where the hell is this coming from? Are you off your meds?
Maybe it's not a dude, maybe it's 'that week of the month'  Grin
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you use 50btc.com as your pool, i have created a KNCMiner team. Feel free to join up! As devices get delivered, im sure we can get near top of the list.

come help out!

https://50btc.com/teams/join-token/edb44c89487d44066dc8ea477ccb3400b11c7af7

if the token doesnt work, just go to 50btc.com teams and search KNCMiner
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: