Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 [679] 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

'Orama, great summary of the situation. Good job.

Will be looking forward for those beautiful firmware updates Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:12:39 PM

So if the  order queue is so sacred,  Why did they give a miner away for free?  When there customers who paid months ago waiting for theirs?   Is there something i missed?
Certainly...that miner was promised out before a single unit was paid for as a sponsorship for the bitcoin couple...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 08:29:05 PM by Phoenix1969

Does anyone who owns a kncminer live near Kano or cklovas, that can work with him for a decent/improved/overclocked..  set of drivers? I'd be willing to donate to kano/cklovas for them to work on this...

edit...   also...can someone please tell us the exact dimensions of the case?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

So if the  order queue is so sacred,  Why did they give a miner away for free?  When there customers who paid months ago waiting for theirs?   Is there something i missed?
Certainly...that miner was promised out before a single unit was paid for as a sponsorship for the bitcoin couple...
Thanks for the info.  This was something i was not aware of. 
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:30:20 PM

Does anyone who owns a kncminer live near Kano or cklovas, that can work with him for a decent/improved/overclocked..  set of drivers? I'd be willing to donate to kano/cklovas for them to work on this...

it seems to remember then on knc forum or irc  someone (maybe asic-k, but I could be mistaken) offered his mercury to ckolivas for a few day. 

definitely a good idea and of course I'm too more than ready to donate.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:31:34 PM

Does anyone who owns a kncminer live near Kano or cklovas, that can work with him for a decent/improved/overclocked..  set of drivers? I'd be willing to donate to kano/cklovas for them to work on this...

it seems to remember then on knc forum or irc  someone (maybe asic-k, but I could be mistaken) offered his mercury to ckolivas for a few day. 

Where are they located?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:32:18 PM

i would donate 0.4 btc

ofcourse only if the job gets done innert lets say 2 weeks max. better would be 10 days but i have no clue how long those things usually need.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:34:51 PM

Where are they located?

regarding Kano I don't know anything

but ckolivas is austrlian and a well known linux kernel developer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Con_Kolivas

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
trepex

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:48:24 PM

Hello,

I just observed a "crash" of cgminer life but had been to slow to make a sreendump/capture.
I just wated to check how long cgminer had been running, opened a "screen -r" session. Uptime
had been >2h. My Saturn was hashing at about 270GH. I did not close the window but changed to
my webbrowser. Some minutes later I noticed the cgminer messages to scroll in that window at a
very high speed.
Not the usual
- Accepted ...
- KnC: core ... enabled/disabled
but something like "... only 0/1 shares" (sorry for not remembering the correct message)
at a rate of 10-20 per second.
Just as I wanted to make a capture, the screen session was terminated and some seconds later
a new cgminer started by some scripts.

Did anyone observe this as well?

Ralf / trepex

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:51:02 PM

What a load of bollocks, packaging experts don't add anything other than this air. They add polystyrene balls, air filled polythene bags, shredded cardboard,  lots of shock absorbing products made specifically to stop contents being damaged.

To date, Orama has been an invaluable source of honest information for us all here and I am grateful for all hes taken the time to do which he didn't have to.
All change now though, can't criticise the company in your new job really can you? Cant expect that. Company spokesman has to be his role now.

Glad he's got the job and is loving it, and I hope it only gets better. Well deserved. Best of luck dude. Smiley

WTF happened to his rig? Seems to have been lost like tears in rain? lol

Poly balls, and shredded cardboard would not mix too well with the open grills. I mentioned the air bags to Marcus as bodybuilding.com use them whenever I purchase supplements from them, but he stood by the fact it's better not to have anything resting upon the case that transfers pressure to the casing, thus the heatsinks via the foam padding on them as they are in direct ocntact with the casing, and then stress the board, which is crazy thick for a PCB board.

Bargraphics has a lot of experience in packaging and he agreed that this had been the best way to go. Can't speak for UPS, but they have been given all customs invoicing, and if they mistreat the goods, they will be replaced. DHL pulled out the big guns for delivering the chips hand packaged on a Sunday and saving the Beagle Bones, when the first shipment Fedex took holidaying to France, and then lied repeatedly about their whereabouts subsequent, and DHL want the contract apparently, so UPS are being closely observed.

And you are correct I have to behave with a little more diplomacy, also towards other companies I feel are less honest, but at the end of the day, with respect to my behaviour and actions, and that of KnC's, and their competitors.

You cannot argue honesty, and you cannot compete with lies. Sam has said this, and I totally agree. So let people make their own mistakes, just I really wish peeps would read more around the subject, the terms the agree to, and the payment choices they make instead of diving head first based on impulse and greed. I don't want people getting burned. No matter where my allegiance lies, I will endeavor to remain as blunt and honest as always, albeit with a little more tact and diplomacy.

As far as I see it if someone wants me on board they accept me for both my skills, and integrity, especially if they wish to capitalise from that. That said I think Sam, Andreas, and I are in alignment there, which is why I bothered to give them the time of day to support their venture going forward. They still had to prove to me as much as anyone else they were capable of delivering, but i'm smart enough to juggle my traits with their goals. With whatever field I have worked in I always have been. With finance greed, and temptation is always there, this is just one opportunity of many I have, and will have ahead of me. I've never strayed from who I am. That said I do intend to be compensated for my efforts going fourth. I'm well aware of my value and ability, but i'm also confident enough to know that I don't need to be corrupt to be successful. You make your own opportunities in life, and only those who don't believe in themselves, or are lazy, take the easy path.

I find it hard as to why this is so prevalent with Bitcoin. It's a burgeoning industry, moving at lightspeed, anyone prepared to be acknowledged for delivering on promises and integrity has it all to play for. Anyone dishonest has a short shelf-life, they will be their own undoing, and clearly do not value the crypto-currency movement. This is still the ground floor. To try to get rich quick and burn others is moronic in comparison to where you could be further down the line with a reputation for integrity, and a strong work ethic.

Thanks for the kind words bro, i'm not about to let anyone down. Keep everything chilled and constructive, and i'll do my best to ensure it's win/win for all. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:55:38 PM

Hey BitcoinORama, can you ask KnC to not mount the fans?  Is that something we could do on our own?

It might help them build faster and less damages during shipping.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:00:37 PM

So I'm worried about my KNC Jupiter that is arriving today blowing up while I'm not there. Has there been any consensus on how best to limit the risk? Which firmware version is best?

Cheers!

asaik the consensus is at the moment:

a.) dont use fw 0.90 as it may be damaging the boards
b.) dont use fw 0.92 as both fires occured while using 0.92

in terms of lid open or closed the jury is still out

Granted, GPUs are not ASICs, but from ALOT of testing that I did with GPUs an heat being heat no matter what, there is nothing like lid/case open. No matter how many fans, or extra HIGHER CFM fans, or how cold you keep a room, nothing compared to an open box.....some mentioned airflow and box/case open would mess up the flow of air but I say take the lid off unless you have a high probably of something landing inside the box like a flying cat or kids tossing stuff near your KNC rig
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:05:21 PM

Hey BitcoinORama, can you ask KnC to not mount the fans?  Is that something we could do on our own?

It might help them build faster and less damages during shipping.

It should be fine now. The foam was apparently stuck to the fan housing as heat was a concern before they ran the units for a significant period. No they know there is no issue with heat, the case barely gets warm, at all, but there is an issue with the foam creating friction and meaning that in transit the fan housing works loose towards the side/bottom of the unit and coming free, the foam is doubles, stacked upon each-other and adhered to the heat-sink instead of the fan housing alone. This seems to have resolved the issue.

But if it hasn't by all means keep KnC informed. You're all well aware teething issues exist with a product that was essentially created last Monday with chips in hand 24 hours earlier, and feedback only just emerging. You all signed up for a product prototype that would be in your hands as fast as possible, for sure no one will be screwed, it's just a learning process due to the lack of the standard 12-18 months of product refinement. Hence business to business.

This is unrefined, but works better than anticipated on purpose. No one can dispute these guys are talented grafters, with a strong work ethic, and we know this forum is full of competent geeks capable of communicating, and resolving as, and when to ensure hiccups are kept to a minimum. So let's work together on this to make this more powerful and efficient for everyone.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:08:58 PM

Whatever you say about foam + packing peanuts, KNC should be using double or triple walled boxes for $8000 machines - bare minimum and no excuses.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:18:07 PM

Is that the highest order number we've seen with a status change yet, #222X?

I'm in the #26XX's...  Hopefully it changes status soon!

just to let you know, my status changed real early today from paid to in progress:

saturn   ordered and paid june 18th     no. 23xx
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:29:05 PM

So let's work together on this to make this more powerful and efficient for everyone.

Speaking of this... a few weeks ago I wrote at KnC support, I'm waiting for a unit, order #2xxx, telling them that on their site, in the preconfigurable list of pools, HHTT, which is the best pool around Wink is not an option... they promised to have a look at the issue, but it was never added.

I know that they've been busy with much more serious things, but maybe now that the units are starting to go out in the wild you can remind this issue to the correct guy...

TIA!

spiccioli
bitcoinarnold

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:33:14 PM

7-8K and KNC cheaped out on components. Enjoy your fire hazards everyone! Safe Hashing!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:40:38 PM

The T-shirt I received only have a Jupiter on it, I hoped to have a larger bitcoin icon   Roll Eyes

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:42:23 PM

just to let you know, my status changed real early today from paid to in progress:

Thanks dude -- hopefully tomorrow...
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

Thanks dude -- hopefully tomorrow...
I'll update the KnC Shipping Log with your update. I'm close I have 1 at 27xx Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 [679] 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: