Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:38:49 PM

Phoenix:

Not having a go here, I assure you. Just wondering, because I'd like to know where to rank what you say.

In the past, because I follow this board, I've seen your ... hundreds of posts.
Some have been helpful, and I found some, like I'm sure a lot here did - kind of hilarious, as we watched you stumble through trying to set up your first saturn and posting here every 10 minutes ... then, the more recent "humblebrags" that have served to make some people angry.

That said, some of you stuff has been genuinely helpful.

But, to my question:
Can you disclose the nature of your relationship with KNC please? Like, fully? ... ie: what discounts you may or may not have gotten, etc?

Again, not having a go at you .... just wondering what weight to put on what you say. And, I don't mean that negatively. Like, I envy your close relationship. Same as I envy bitcoinorama for stepping up like he did. He earned his rep here as a solid dude, and his position shouldn't be begrudged.

At any rate, genuinely curious, not trying to be a dick. Feel free to PM, if you'd rather do that.

- Canadian early Oct. Jup owner, for the record.
Tweak25....
Actually, I'm just a customer, and other than what I've mentioned in here.... there is noting else to connect me to KNC.
I took the time to ask for a discount at one point. Instead, I got stoked out with kindness.. Which was apparently approved by the partners in charge, that's all.

Tweak25 good point and well put.

Phoenix1969 kudos to you sir.

Phoenix was posting very frequently on the KNC facebook page far before he was posting here at bitcointalk (I won't reveal any personal details for obvious reasons).  I've been monitoring this thread since its' inception (and also bought a day 1 jup).  My guess is that phoenix originally found out about KNC via their facebook page, did some math, bought a unit and got super excited...  He then realized that were was a severe lack of intelligent discussion on their facebook page and discovered bitcointalk (and this related thread).  He just strikes me as a dude that drinks too much coffee (that he probably grows himself), not some dude that has significant discounts on KNC units.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:40:12 PM

friendcat is bad for mining

Friedcat's miners could be not the best deal for a wanna be miner, but he's definitely good at mining.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:42:13 PM

Got me pegged Chrono...    Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:45:06 PM

and check this one from 'Business Insider Australia' some KnC news  Shocked
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/knc-sells-nearly-28-million-neptunes-2013-12#ixzz2nkWDq41P

next KNC slogan...  "we made 8 million dollars in 24 hours" 
got to be some record broken, well for bitcoin manufacturers at least
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:47:54 PM

You do realize they started 20nm about three months ago?... and they said Q1/Q2.
Plenty of cushion IMHO

Doesn't matter if they started 10 years ago. A huge limitation to actually meeting such a date is TSMC's ability to deliver. They haven't yet ramped up 20nm production! TSMC has only taped-out a handful of 20nm designs so far. TSMC production is going to be very limited in Q1. If TSMC does get in a crunch, who are they going to deliver wafers to first, Apple or KnC?

You have to realise that compared to Apple's chips, GPU's from AMD and Nvidia & CPU's that ASIC's and FPGA's are very simple devices, and SHA256 ASIC's are simpler than most. TSMC has already been making 20nm FPGA's in bulk for Xilinx since early November, Xilinx are actually planning to tape out 16nm in Q1 2014 with TSMC. And TSMC are actually ahead of the game. See: https://www.semiwiki.com/forum/content/2927-xilinx-begins-shipping-tsmc-20nm-fpgas.html

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:08:24 PM

You do realize they started 20nm about three months ago?... and they said Q1/Q2.
Plenty of cushion IMHO

Doesn't matter if they started 10 years ago. A huge limitation to actually meeting such a date is TSMC's ability to deliver. They haven't yet ramped up 20nm production! TSMC has only taped-out a handful of 20nm designs so far. TSMC production is going to be very limited in Q1. If TSMC does get in a crunch, who are they going to deliver wafers to first, Apple or KnC?

You have to realise that compared to Apple's chips, GPU's from AMD and Nvidia & CPU's that ASIC's and FPGA's are very simple devices, and SHA256 ASIC's are simpler than most. TSMC has already been making 20nm FPGA's in bulk for Xilinx since early November, Xilinx are actually planning to tape out 16nm in Q1 2014 with TSMC. And TSMC are actually ahead of the game. See: https://www.semiwiki.com/forum/content/2927-xilinx-begins-shipping-tsmc-20nm-fpgas.html

They use AllChip, and AST... Not sure How TSMC fits in...?
Just a comparison?  Good stuff.  Altera-TSMC seem to have a relationship...

I'm totally late picking up my car...  lol.. Catch y'all laterz

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

TSMC has already been making 20nm FPGA's in bulk for Xilinx since early November

20nm samples available just in time for Christmas!

Samples. You call that "in bulk"?

Buy & Hold
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:59:51 PM

and check this one from 'Business Insider Australia' some KnC news  Shocked
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/knc-sells-nearly-28-million-neptunes-2013-12#ixzz2nkWDq41P

next KNC slogan...  "we made 8 million dollars in 24 hours" 
got to be some record broken, well for bitcoin manufacturers at least

That's not really, like, "news".. it's just simple math we did many pages back.

I was hoping they had some details of something new in there.

The Neptunes no where approach $10k in cost to manufacture. A fraction of that at absolute best.

Shovel-making and shovel-sales are lucrative right now.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:10:22 PM

What kind of nonsense are you talking? A business that charges what the market will bear for their products is not dishonest. Charging far less than people are willing to pay is called STUPID. If they were priced too high, people wouldn't buy them and the price would go down.

Exactly. KnC did good on the Jupiters, etc. But they're stepping into fraud territory by implying a Q1 ship date for Neptune when there's simply no chance of that happening.
Plenty of cushion IMHO

Agreed, and Knc already said that they will ship their 20 nm devices in March of 2014 (see the news update below), so that was their plan all along. I think they changed the Neptune delivery date to Q1/Q2 just to be safe, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they will hit a late Feburary / early March delivery date...

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:15:45 PM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

HashFast has to be damn close by now.  Right?

On the other hand, BitMain is shipping right now.  They shipped 54TH/s out their door yesterday/today.  My units are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:17:08 PM

What kind of nonsense are you talking? A business that charges what the market will bear for their products is not dishonest. Charging far less than people are willing to pay is called STUPID. If they were priced too high, people wouldn't buy them and the price would go down.
Exactly. KnC did good on the Jupiters, etc. But they're stepping into fraud territory by implying a Q1 ship date for Neptune when there's simply no chance of that happening.
Plenty of cushion IMHO
Agreed, and Knc already said that they will ship their 20 nm devices in March of 2014 (see the news update below), so that was their plan all along. I think they changed the Neptune delivery date to Q1/Q2 just to be safe, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they will hit a late Feburary / early March delivery date...
I think that is an optimistic way to look at it.   They cannot predict what problems and component supply problems they might have.   You should assume June 15 and leave room to be surprised if it comes sooner.

fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:17:19 PM

Plenty of cushion IMHO

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-73

If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:22:01 PM

Anyone knows if the Oct controller board is compatible with Nov type ASIC boards?

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:27:10 PM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

HashFast has to be damn close by now.  Right?

On the other hand, BitMain is shipping right now.  They shipped 54TH/s out their door yesterday/today.  My units are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

True, but the MitMain units appear to be quite overpriced. They earn ~.1 BTC per day at current difficulty and cost 4.25 BTC, so good luck getting your investment back in BTC.

Also, BitMain hasn't reduced the price of their group buys as the difficulty keeps going up, so early buyers will probably earn ROI, but late buyers at 4.25 BTC will not.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:33:49 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 07:48:44 PM by soy

So I have one november jupiter that refuses to stay on. Tried each individual ASIC separately, no dice, tried swapping the 1500w EVGA with a 860W Corsair, corsair didnt even turn it on (fans spun up but BBB no lights). Anyone got any ideas?

I'd guess there's a ribbon cable plugged backwards to the controller board possible or faulty cabling to the BBB.

Checked all the cables, ribbon and PCiE- no dice.

Okay, wrote that after returning from the dentist and the numbness is now almost gone.  Here's what I would do: I'd disconnect all ASIC modules and only fire up the BBB and that without ribbon cables.  I'd look for the front fans running.  I'd look for the bright white light and both the red and green LEDs lit, I'd look for lights on the RJ45 ethernet socket,  then I'd look for the red LED to go out and the green stay on indicating you have a connection.  Log in to the miner web page.

If you can get those things all well and good.  Get that first.  If you can't, then I'd track down my 5 volts.  Get some information on the Beagle Board Black and find where you can measure the 5v on the board.  Check that there isn't a crack in the solder at the controller board 4 pin molex connector.  Just remembered, I had an iffy connection at the 4 pin, squeezed the barrels a little for better grasp of the pins and fewer glitches.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:36:26 PM

So I have one november jupiter that refuses to stay on. Tried each individual ASIC separately, no dice, tried swapping the 1500w EVGA with a 860W Corsair, corsair didnt even turn it on (fans spun up but BBB no lights). Anyone got any ideas?

I'd guess there's a ribbon cable plugged backwards to the controller board possible or faulty cabling to the BBB.

Checked all the cables, ribbon and PCiE- no dice.
Have you tried swapping BBB's with another unit?
Auto-Salvage style testing.....   swap parts 'till you find it...

I'm off to pick up my new-used '05 accord from BTC earnings.....   Yipppeeeeeee!
(BTC trading on Bitstamp)

My Merc with upgrade module is going to pay for today's root canal.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:39:45 PM

TSMC has already been making 20nm FPGA's in bulk for Xilinx since early November

20nm samples available just in time for Christmas!

Samples. You call that "in bulk"?

Lol true bad choice of word on my part,  but also some of the article is journalistic interpretation of the press release.

Plus a sample run for Xilinux is probably equivalent to KnCs entire 2013/2014 output Smiley

TSMC already announced 10's of designs in October ready for production in q1 who is to say that KnC is not one of them? Asics and fpgas are the ideal tech to prove the platform.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:45:06 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 07:55:54 PM by sickpig

Anyone knows if the Oct controller board is compatible with Nov type ASIC boards?

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.

Pay attention as of now you can't mix october with nov boards on the same controller board

edit: fix a thinko Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.
Weren't we warned not to try that?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.
Weren't we warned not to try that?

I'm sure they have re-designed the pcb asic board for nov miners, dunno if they did the same for the main controller board.

Pages: « 1 ... 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: