Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:06:10 PM

Anyone knows if the Oct controller board is compatible with Nov type ASIC boards?

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.
Weren't we warned not to try that?

I'm sure they have re-designed the pcb asic board for nov miners, dunno if they did the same for the main controller board.
Yeah...I'm pretty sure I read it may "Brick" your miner somewhere, and that they're not compatible....
I could be wrong tho...   but I'm pretty sure that was posted

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:15:11 PM

Anyone knows if the Oct controller board is compatible with Nov type ASIC boards?

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.

I'm sure they have re-designed the pcb asic board for nov miners, dunno if they did the same for the main controller board.
Yeah...I'm pretty sure I read it may "Brick" your miner somewhere, and that they're not compatible....
I could be wrong tho...   but I'm pretty sure that was posted

Pretty sure I saw the same, but I can't recall if it were for control board, BBB, or both..

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 08:51:28 PM by Phoenix1969

OKAY...Found something...  although I think there's more somewhere...

could be interpreted a couple ways... but there it is...

aah, found more...

An October Board looks like the first board below and uses this firmware link:

'Tuning' is for Tuning Suite. Did I mention this is just for October boxes?

https://www.kncminer.com/userfiles/file/kncminer-0.99-tune.bin

A November board looks like this second board, and uses this firmware link:

https://www.kncminer.com/userfiles/file/kncminer-0.99-E.bin

'E' is for Ericsson. No need to update the November boxes yet, but someone earlier decided to flash Oct firmware on his Nov box, so this is what he needs to fix.(indeed may be just firmware.. I'd ask first...ewik)

DO NOT mix them up. It will be futile, and the miner will assimilate you, assimilation voids all warranty and you don't want to assimilated before the weekend do you??Love that ditty, albeit a bit scary...  hehe

Live long and prosper...
Orama, I notice in the statement it says only for miners having problems.....would you say a good working unit could be made to run better with this suite also??

You can't harm, but you won't et increased performance from a perfectly working board...(tuning suite)
Judging from that line looks okay....
May be just referring to firmware...  like "Bogart" said.. but looked relevant...

but with that said...looks like a Nov board may run in an oct unit......but run like an october...slower.
and the highlighted news clip line mentions board revisions making them incompatible.. so I'm really not sure.
If someone could report back any experience with this... I'd appreciate it.....

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:58:13 PM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

HashFast has to be damn close by now.  Right?

On the other hand, BitMain is shipping right now.  They shipped 54TH/s out their door yesterday/today.  My units are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

True, but the MitMain units appear to be quite overpriced. They earn ~.1 BTC per day at current difficulty and cost 4.25 BTC, so good luck getting your investment back in BTC.

Also, BitMain hasn't reduced the price of their group buys as the difficulty keeps going up, so early buyers will probably earn ROI, but late buyers at 4.25 BTC will not.

Pricing aside, my point was just that competing makers are indeed adding hashpower to the network right now.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

It is.  The only difference is the firmware.  Flash 0.99-E onto it and you should be all set.

I could be wrong tho...   but I'm pretty sure that was posted

I only say this because I posed the question to hno on IRC, and he answered that the only difference is the firmware.

What you cannot do is mix module types in a single miner, or use the wrong firmware for your module boards.  November module boards require the -E firmware.  October module boards require the non-E.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:59:19 PM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

HashFast has to be damn close by now.  Right?

On the other hand, BitMain is shipping right now.  They shipped 54TH/s out their door yesterday/today.  My units are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

True, but the MitMain units appear to be quite overpriced. They earn ~.1 BTC per day at current difficulty and cost 4.25 BTC, so good luck getting your investment back in BTC.

Also, BitMain hasn't reduced the price of their group buys as the difficulty keeps going up, so early buyers will probably earn ROI, but late buyers at 4.25 BTC will not.

Pricing aside, my point was just that competing makers are indeed adding hashpower to the network right now.

I'm quite sure when KNC refers to "competitors" they mean the other 28nm companies; HashFast, Cointerra, et al.  Not some small-scale 55nm company.  Otherwise they would consider Bitfury, BFL, ASICMiner and Avalon competitors and they are all currently shipping from stock with little or no waiting.
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:16:29 AM

Because that's what Bitpay does for it's merchants.

https://bitpay.com/terms
Fees & Settlement.

Invoice Generation and Exchange Rate Guarantee. To create an invoice, you may post a request to BitPay to collect a specific amount in your local currency, such as dollars or euros, or in Bitcoin. BitPay will pull the exchange rate and provide the Bitcoin payment instructions to the purchaser. We guarantee the exchange rate to you as long as the purchaser pays within the proper time window after the invoice is created. Invoice timeout information is clearly displayed on each BitPay invoice. While we guarantee the exchange rate as long as the purchaser pays within such time window, you agree that you assume the volatility risk of your local currency or Bitcoin, as applicable. For instance, if you ask us to collect USD $150, and the purchaser sends the payment within the time window, we guarantee you will receive exactly USD $150, minus our fee, but do not guarantee the value of the U.S. dollar.

And why would a business that needs cash to fund its operations want to hold volatile BTC?  They can mine BTC if they want to gamble.

But they aren't stupid enough (I assume) to risk their business by keeping all sales revenue in BTC.  And if they want to speculate they can take a certain percentage of their profits and BUY BTC.

Merchants can receive settlement in their local currency with a guaranteed exchange rate, or keep the bitcoins, or a percentage split.

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit

I doubt you know better than KNC if they take all USD or not  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty sure it was quoted somewhere that they dont keep btc.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:49:35 AM

Because that's what Bitpay does for it's merchants.

https://bitpay.com/terms
Fees & Settlement.

Invoice Generation and Exchange Rate Guarantee. To create an invoice, you may post a request to BitPay to collect a specific amount in your local currency, such as dollars or euros, or in Bitcoin. BitPay will pull the exchange rate and provide the Bitcoin payment instructions to the purchaser. We guarantee the exchange rate to you as long as the purchaser pays within the proper time window after the invoice is created. Invoice timeout information is clearly displayed on each BitPay invoice. While we guarantee the exchange rate as long as the purchaser pays within such time window, you agree that you assume the volatility risk of your local currency or Bitcoin, as applicable. For instance, if you ask us to collect USD $150, and the purchaser sends the payment within the time window, we guarantee you will receive exactly USD $150, minus our fee, but do not guarantee the value of the U.S. dollar.

And why would a business that needs cash to fund its operations want to hold volatile BTC?  They can mine BTC if they want to gamble.

But they aren't stupid enough (I assume) to risk their business by keeping all sales revenue in BTC.  And if they want to speculate they can take a certain percentage of their profits and BUY BTC.

Merchants can receive settlement in their local currency with a guaranteed exchange rate, or keep the bitcoins, or a percentage split.

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit

I doubt you know better than KNC if they take all USD or not  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty sure it was quoted somewhere that they dont keep btc.

Someone made an assumption or KNC said so?
Tweak25

Activity: 30
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:47:38 AM

@Phoenix - Cheers man - and thanks for the helpful stuff over the thread.

What island you on?
I'm on Oahu for a while in January - figure least I could do is buy the hot-hashing "pioneer" a beer Smiley
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:58:47 AM

Code:
Hello,

An announcement will be made publicly on our website regarding availability of upgrade modules when they become available.
It has no yet been decided which boards will be released.
It is likely to be BTC payments via BitPay only.

Thanks

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:00:50 AM

Code:
Hello,

An announcement will be made publicly on our website regarding availability of upgrade modules when they become available.

Thanks

well they waited long enough for the crash to hit so their lucky streak continues!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:10:58 AM

Code:
Hello,

Thanks

well they waited long enough for the crash to hit so their lucky streak continues!!
A sure benefit, but...I don't see them selling yet, and the price can go up just as fast.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:12:17 AM

Code:
Hello,

Thanks

myself I've 2 neptunes on order to punt or not to punt that is the question (as I watch btc crash in china)

will likely hold on to them ... I'm stubborn oct 18th started mining btc was about 150usd now it is dec 18th ..prob gonna go back to 150usd...well the "paper wealth" was
nice while it lasted

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

is anyone seeing what's happening to bitcoin over the news from China?

everyone's in a panic thinking china's trying to shut down bitcoin.  unfreaking believable   Shocked  
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:15:39 AM

@Phoenix - Cheers man - and thanks for the helpful stuff over the thread.

What island you on?
I'm on Oahu for a while in January - figure least I could do is buy the hot-hashing "pioneer" a beer Smiley

I live on the Big Island, very close to Kilauea Volcano... I don't drink, but we can toast to success each in our own way... But I'm sure I'll be sharing mine with ya if you do... hehe

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:49:40 AM

Code:
Hello,

Thanks

myself I've 2 neptunes on order to punt or not to punt that is the question (as I watch btc crash in china)

will likely hold on to them ... I'm stubborn oct 18th started mining btc was about 150usd now it is dec 18th ..prob gonna go back to 150usd...well the "paper wealth" was
nice while it lasted

How would it look like if you cancel the order and initially payed with BTC? Will you get back BTC or a bank wire?
Anybody asked?
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:54:36 AM

Code:
Hello,

Thanks

nice while it lasted

How would it look like if you cancel the order and initially payed with BTC? Will you get back BTC or a bank wire?
Anybody asked?

All refunds if issued were to be in USD. But would be a shit company that now refunds in BTC when the Value is low.

Best thing to do is to not check the prices for a while and pretend it was all just a bad dream.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:00:11 AM

Code:
Hello,

Thanks

nice while it lasted

Anybody asked?

All refunds if issued were to be in USD. But would be a shit company that now refunds in BTC when the Value is low.

Best thing to do is to not check the prices for a while and pretend it was all just a bad dream.

knc is excellent with timing.

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:01:32 AM

Anybody asked?

Sorry, misunderstanding. Value is clearly the price in USD, but how would it technically work? Could they send BTC or do they have to make a bank wire?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:58:37 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 10:16:34 AM by Phoenix1969

Anybody asked?

Sorry, misunderstanding. Value is clearly the price in USD, but how would it technically work? Could they send BTC or do they have to make a bank wire?
That's a good question...

OK..I just called KNC....

It will be refunded to a bank, not btc or bitpay, if you want a refund, email the order number, your username & bank info to sales.
transfers take a week to ten days...

I also found out they don't keep any BTC from machine sales, that Bitpay converts it all to fiat before they get it.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: