Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:05:26 AM

Merv leave the current text in there because LAN covers for your local connections.  I do not know how to setup that to accept external IPs.  Unless you had a VPN setup then you wouldn't have to worry since it will be inside and on your local network.

thanks Powell

but what about the 5 to 7 words part?  or do they mean 5 to 7 letters?

and will this change the 'root' user login name when SSHing into miner?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:35:33 AM

Where does KNC post news?
there is no news as there are no 20nm chip for neptune they work on 28nm chip farm for them self

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:20:10 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 09:04:07 AM by robix

thanks Powell

but what about the 5 to 7 words part?  or do they mean 5 to 7 letters?

and will this change the 'root' user login name when SSHing into miner?

With the 5 to 7 word sentence, I assume they mean the new password you have to enter. They want to bring you to use a strong password if you access your rig from the Internet. If you are behind a router or firewall in a private LAN and don't want have access from outside it doesn't matter.

Admin account is the username you used to log in into the webinterface. Normally it was "admin".

Management Network: If you access only from within your local LAN, leave it to "LAN". Otherwise please explain your situation first.

Edit: I think it will also change your root password (didn't try it respectively entred my old password). AFAIK if you change your root password in the shell with "passwd" it will not change your "admin" password for the miner website. If you change the "admin" password in the miners website, it will also change your root password.
bitdominion

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 08:49:07 AM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI
Yeah, everyone said that about Jupiter, and under worse diffchanges.
What if they give us 5Th/s hosted in mid April?
How can you even say that before knowing what the offer is?
There simply isn't enough information to make that determination IMHO.

Exactly... if you've been a KnCminer client previously this is the sentiment.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:22:21 AM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Not true.

Who else was shipping (major suppliers) in October last year?
None.

Who was building massive cloud hashing farms in October last year?
None.

How many companies are doing that right now?

We know there is a massive amount of hashing power going onto the network daily, so you have plenty information if you've done your research, to know things are going to be awful in April onwards. The situation is nothing like October last year.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:33:44 AM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Not true.

None.

None.

to your questions.

Bitfury did.

Bitfury did.

Dont know, but as far as I am concerned everybody are doing it right now.

ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Roll Eyes Are you dreaming Huh

This batch will also be covered by our online hashing (Plan B), if we are late we will simply give you a choice of converting to our online hosted hashing of 3TH from our facilities if you wish to

This is very clear.
You can switch over, but you will not get both.
And you won't get more than 3TH/s hosted.

Old_Dominion

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:16:23 PM

don't you feel guilty when selling your miner for a profit knowing they'll never make their monopoly money back?

I don't know how I would know it was play money for the buyer unless they volunteered it, for the person who bought my Jupiter, it might be serious, but regardless, no, why would I? Whatever price they paid is <= what it was worth to them and => what it was worth to me.

You think KNC are playing with monopoly money?

I expect a reasonable measure of the prepayment for Neptunes to go to design, engineering, manufacturing, and after-sales support of them, and the rest is theirs to apply to whatever purpose they see fit. Nothing I am aware of when I bought my Jupiter prohibited them from building a cloud mining operation, though there was an implied limitation on the scale of such during the network protection period, that time has passed with Cointerra and Hashfast finally shipping. To whatever extent they've ended up in the black from mining, yes, it's theirs to do with as they see fit. They could completely change their core business and use it to go buy all of Saab's mothballed tooling to start cranking out parts for all I care, it's their money.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:30:43 PM

Knc will have 20nm first

Like first had 28nm
I am one of the first 1-500 group customer

I believe at knc

Best company by far
hgerson

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:51:48 PM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Roll Eyes Are you dreaming Huh

This batch will also be covered by our online hashing (Plan B), if we are late we will simply give you a choice of converting to our online hosted hashing of 3TH from our facilities if you wish to

This is very clear.
You can switch over, but you will not get both.
And you won't get more than 3TH/s hosted.

Is that bad?

Where do you have a better offer?

Old_Dominion

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:52:22 PM

I still think that as long as KNC ships out a box that produces around 3Th/s in performance, I will be able to run it for as long as I like and then sell it for enough that I'll make a net profit, so I don't have anything to complain about,
Roll Eyes are you serious ??
Yes, someone is very likely to pay => $10.5k on eBay or the like to have a 3Th/s box shipped to them, so I'll at least recover my cost of purchasing the box.  I intend to mine with it for a while too, for how long will be determined by how much it is earning and how high the resale price gets. My guess is that the resale price will stay high up until the point where someone ships a machine as powerful or more powerful, so I'll have a decent margin of error for when I part with it.  I would prefer to have a large window because when I was running the Jupiter I took a certain child-like delight in having a magic box that converted electrons into play money in the house.

and I have no idea why people feel compelled to keep banging on about whatever complaint they have based on promises KNC never made.
Cheesy
do you have a memory ?
Some examples I like to remind you of

Examples:
1. "get some coins ready" Dec14-nothing since then
2. "limited" batch 2 of 1200 units, suddenly-"1000 units-second half of batch 2"
3. "We will take care of our customers" (Kurt on knc forum) with no actual info to share.
4. We will only hash at 5% of customers orders-witness the 1300Th monster grow more. 1300Th is WAY more than 5% (produced ~2000BTC in ~2wks)
5. Nothing in "official KnC channels" about Feb 12 swedish video and local.se followup in english. Nothing about it on Twitter as if it does not exist.
6. knccloud.com domain and nothing about it posted
7. refunds only in $$-only to change the tune when it is convenient (not that anybody is complaining).
1. They did not promise to sell more, only indicated that they might.
2. This seems rather open to interpretation since that could easily be KNC selling earlier batch orders that were cancelled and refunded. Arguably that could be good for people who held onto their orders, as it means fewer Neptunes shipping in earlier batches and somewhat less difficulty rise.
3. Last time around I got considerably more hash power than I paid for, which was certainly adequate compensation for KNC being a couple weeks late, and then a steep discount on the next generation of hardware. Since they are not remotely late in shipping said next generation of hardware, so far, I've been taken care of.
4. We don't know that is KNC, or even if it is, if the mining is for their own profit or a client who asked for hosting. That could be a mining operation by a completely different company and for the benefit of the Winklevoss twins for all we know.
5. If they let a video crew in there, they weren't trying to keep it secret. Failing to put up a press release about it on their web page mostly indicates that KNC is doing a bad job of public relations.  I think we already knew that, but I don't recall their promise to be good at PR.
6. I don't think KNC ever promised to tell us about every business decision they make.
7. So they broke their promise to give us refunds on preorders by... giving us refunds on preorders in the same amount we paid?

Do they not have anything else to do?  I think the most annoying are the constant statements that "I won't buy anything from KNC again."
At least for me it is valuable info when I read that many first gen customers aren't happy with KnC's latest behavior, even that pissed off that they refuse to do further business with them.

I would agree if not for the fact that it is just the same few people endlessly banging on about it rather than a large number of different people with the same complaint.

Ok, fair enough.  It sounds like you've made your decision, so please go clutter up some other thread so I don't have to wade through 3-5 pages of crap each day to see if there is anything of actual value in here. I ponied up ten grand and change, granted it was all monopoly money since it came from my Jupiter mining
Monopoly money because it was earned with your Jupiter ?!
Can't take you any longer serious. I'm getting more and more the impression you are a paid shill or blind fanboy hoping for free hw.
Yes, it was monopoly money because it was earned with my Jupiter.  I bought the Jupiter with money I could afford to lose, made a solid profit reselling the hardware, and earned a decent amount of BTC with it before doing so.  The excess BTC is definitely monopoly money for me because it is essentially gambling winnings from my decision to figuratively roll the dice on a Jupiter. It might not be monopoly money for someone else, but as BTC is nowhere near being a stable means for storage or exchange of value, they ought to be careful if they are not treating it as such.

but I do want to pay attention. If you didn't, or you decided to get a refund and bail out, it's time to let go and stop telling us about it here ad nauseam so I can have my 5 to 10 minutes a day of scrolling through meaningless posts.

Are you trying to suck in newbies for the more than 1000 refunded miners ?
Why are you posting stuff like "I'm happy and will make a profit". Are you sure BTC will increase 10x and miners will be that rare as they were last autumn ? Are you sure that there's another gold rush hype in the media pushing (miner) prices through the roof ?

Actually as long as KNC didn't fold due to cancelled orders and still delivers a Neptune to me, the fewer Neptunes that people order the better for me, since my plan is to mine for a while and then resell the thing when they are still priced high for resale.  The fewer that appear for resale the better the sale price will be for me, as that will set the price floor high.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:56:30 PM

You're kidding, right? Q1/Q2 delivery is what was promised. There's 0% chance they're going to start a hosting plan before the end of Q2.

If you read their ad for their latest batch it says Q2 shipping still.  With batch 1(b) a month before while batch 1(a) is due to ship a few weeks before that batch.  So that says mid May for batch 1(a) to start shipping at the latest by their own timetable.  Although they promised Q1/Q2 delivery for batch 1 and they already have the hashrate in their datacentre to enable plan B for batch 1a.  Unless you claim that they're intentionally lying and false advertising.  To drive more sales when they're not even desperate for money. So you claim they're intentionally lying just to hurt their own reputation on purpose.  To make sure they destroy their own valuable brand name when they don't need the funding for their current plans.  Yeah that makes loads of sense.

Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:32:39 PM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Not true.

None.

None.

We know there is a massive amount of hashing power going onto the network daily, so you have plenty information if you've done your research, to know things are going to be awful in April onwards. The situation is nothing like October last year.

There's no convincing some people. When you look at cex.io and ebay prices it's hard to believe they even use math to make these decisions. I don't see these as even coming close to making a ROI.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

What's the "SNMP community" and "SNMP managers" thing located in the Network tab from the new firmware?

I get 654W Power consumption from the Advanced tab. How many W for the rest of the stuff like coolers and controller board?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:06:13 PM

If you read their ad for their latest batch it says Q2 shipping still.  With batch 1(b) a month before while batch 1(a) is due to ship a few weeks before that batch.  So that says mid May for batch 1(a) to start shipping at the latest by their own timetable.  Although they promised Q1/Q2 delivery for batch 1 and they already have the hashrate in their datacentre to enable plan B for batch 1a.  Unless you claim that they're intentionally lying and false advertising.  To drive more sales when they're not even desperate for money. So you claim they're intentionally lying just to hurt their own reputation on purpose.  To make sure they destroy their own valuable brand name when they don't need the funding for their current plans.  Yeah that makes loads of sense.

Of course they're lying. Why did they quote "Q1/Q2"? Q1 was never a possibility. They needed to secure a lot of sales so they could fund their farm. After that, they don't need you silly customers ever again.

See you mid May. Smiley

Buy & Hold
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:14:14 PM

Knc will have 20nm first

Like first had 28nm
I am one of the first 1-500 group customer

I believe at knc

Best company by far

People get too hung up on the chip process. There is a good chance that the next generation BitFury, Bitmain, or ASICMiner chips will be just as power efficient as 20 nm Knc chips. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 nm AsicMiner chips are just as power efficient as 20 nm Neptune chips.

At the end of the day, it comes down to power efficiency, cost, stability, and the delivery date. I've seen enough pre-order customers get screwed over and lose out so I'm done with pre-orders.

If Knc offers a competitive product in the future that ships immediately, I'll be back, but until then I'm buying else where.

I suspect that we'll see Chinese manufacturers (mainly AsicMiner and Bitmain) flood the market with cheap hashrate that is delivered immediately in Q2 2014, so the days of companies having their customers take all the risk via pre-orders are numbered...
bitdominion

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:05:06 PM

KNC is over
neptune never cover ROI

Not true.

None.

None.

This is the same discussion in May 2013 (when we decided to buy) and the same concerns you had in August of last year.

...had the price stayed the same from the summer onward I would have considered shooting myself in the other foot (just to keep it even), however your posts seem to reflect a history of supporting bitcoin as a whole which is also the reason we stuck with our order instead of getting a refund in August when ROI appeared to be nothing but a dream. Who could have predicted the price increase? Anyone. The community as a whole knew the price per BTC was on a steady trajectory, correlated with difficulty and thus the massive support and influx of investment.

What has changed? Too many factors to count. The difficulty definitely is a concern and even now access has increased to those who would build their own mega mining farms.

The only real concern in not crossing ROI threshold is when dedicated bitcoiners turn tail and run from our trusted supports and don't get involved in signing up merchants etc to increase utilization. Bitcoin price is the only place ROI exists; the difficulty is inconsequential if you are the one who owns the most cutting edge mass adoption tool in the industry. This and unyielding work ethic is what sets KnC apart from other companies; your prediction KnC would possibly call it quits after making significant profits turned out to be an unwarranted fear because KnC invests in people first.

If you bought bought a Jupiter in June 2013 ($7,131.80) to date you should have made 40+ btc at roughly 510 gh/s avg. I don't know where else in non BTC land that kind of ROI exist for the average person.

-Jord
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

Looks like Bitcoin has turned the corner.  Probably due to the Goldman Sachs article.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:05:59 PM

your prediction KnC would possibly call it quits after making significant profits turned out to be an unwarranted fear because KnC invests in people first.

This warrant's a lengthy response. But as you are obviously smoking crack if you think "KnC invests in people first", I'll wait until you finish rehab before responding. In the meantime, please see the previous 1000 posts which point out knc broke every promise to their original customers who gave them the money to exist.

Maybe while you are at rehab, you can get some tips on overcoming self-delusion and share it with the people on here who are holding out on neptune, a physical 20nm miner,  being delivered in April or May or June Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:13:29 PM

If you bought bought a Jupiter in June 2013 ($7,131.80) to date you should have made 40+ btc at roughly 510 gh/s avg. I don't know where else in non BTC land that kind of ROI exist for the average person.

Ouch! Is it really that bad? Had you simply bought BTC you'd have 70+ BTC. That's nearly a -50% ROI.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: