Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:32:11 AM

I do like you Joe, very nice and helpful guy! I do remember some FUD spreading like posts from you also.

Guilty as charged, at least I own it. Smiley  I was mad, I admit it. And maybe not FUD, the reason was to vent and that alone

Always a good guy! Don't worry I recognised your as more of a frustration and not a constant spamming of speculative information with the intent of spread g fear uncertainty and doubt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:36:18 PM

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN — March 5, 2014 –– KnC, the most trusted brand in Bitcoin Mining is announcing they have completed ‘tape out’ of their new ASIC.

Meanwhile in the KNC thread on bitcointalk, remaining Neptune customers discuss this news

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:13:30 PM

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN — March 5, 2014 –– KnC, the most trusted brand in Bitcoin Mining is announcing they have completed ‘tape out’ of their new ASIC.

Meanwhile in the KNC thread on bitcointalk, remaining Neptune customers discuss this news

Roll Eyes There isn't much to discuss, but I'd hardly call 100 posts nothing.

I guess most people either have you and edgar on ignore or they realised long ago that arguing with you is like arguing with religious fanatics, an excercise in futility.  Undecided

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:14:46 PM

QFT, epic.)
andjo327

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:36:48 PM

http://a.gifb.in/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

I am a long time lurker on bitcointalk, but usually newer post anything. I sometimes have a look at this thread to read any updates on the neptunes, I have ordered some. The thing is this thread is quite useless for discussing for example the resent 'tape out' since every other post tries to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt like your posts. It's silly to deny that FUD isn't the reason for all your pictures an comments on every other page. And I think you should have a place to do that if i makes you feel better, I am not trying to take that away.

But I am so curious about the reason for it. It must be such a large part of you life. Have you lost money on KnCminers and have made it your lifes work to do this or do you get paid for it or are you just bored? I don't understand it.

And all other thread seems to have on or two Avengers also. It makes you think that all manufactures have paid a few people to thrash each other treads. Maybe it is similar to rooting for the home team in football and booing the other team or is it just that this community just have so many people being scam out of money they cannot afford to lose.

Anyone more than me that think it is weird. But in some way funny.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:41:13 PM

I can't speak for Avenger, but the information coming from KNC lately has been spotty and mixed it seems. Just last month they said they were still in preliminary chip design stages working stuff out. Suddenly, they've already taped out? So which was it? Sounds like KNC is working on some misinformation of their own. Could explain Orama's absensce. I lurk in here just to see what's new, and Avenger's pics are usually pretty funny and worthwhile.

andjo327

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:56:00 PM

Yes I think the Avenger's pics are funny too. It is like the guy icebreaker who hade Avenger's role in some other threads. It's just such a wierd way to spend your life but people should do what they want.

Yeah it is to little and mixed information coming out of KnC so they certanly spread some FUD themselves. :-)
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

Yes I think the Avenger's pics are funny too. It is like the guy icebreaker who hade Avenger's role in some other threads. It's just such a wierd way to spend your life but people should do what they want.

Yeah it is to little and mixed information coming out of KnC so they certanly spread some FUD themselves. :-)

Its not like KnC are acting strangely, this is exactly the same sort of information flow that happened for Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury. And exactly the same sort of rampant speculation was being thrown around then by similar people.

Some time ago I asked the same questions of both Avenger and edgar, they seem to want us to believe that they do it for altruistic reasons, that they hate the idea of "liars and scammers" ripping people off. But I don't buy all of it, its too personal, too, random, too, OTT vicious to be altruistic.

But you are right there does always seem to be some, and in some cases its well warranted, many of the other manufacturers are 3 months late and only now starting to hand out dribs and drabs of miners in what sometimes feels like a random fashion. Heck some are delayed till May or later before the first rig rolls off the line.

KnC for all their faults managed to deliver, not perfectly for everyone sure, but for the majority they delivered more than they promised, and they did it using the same methodology in both engineering, manufacturing and communications, that they are still using to date.

I'm a big boy, and I imagine most people who can afford to lay down 10K on a piece of hardware are also, we know what we got into, and heck if we want out we can get out, refund, cash in whatever, and if we want to wait for our Neptune or take a risk on 3T of cloud hashing then we can make those decisions as well.

If you are concerned about "n00bs" coming in and being "influenced" to lay down their hard earned cash in an ill advised way then just explain to them the facts and risks, no need to grandstand and be all indignant and righteous.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3862

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:56:58 PM

I am happy for the tapeout and also confess that I was wrong thinking that they focus on datorhall exclusively now. My mistake, born out of frustration and long wait.
However, part of the initial trust was lost due to KnC own actions.
Here is the timeline:
1. Dec new post from KC-"keep your coins ready" for upgradable modules (for sure) and maybe Jupiters "from stock"-everybody were waiting, and...nothing, not a peep from company, apart from a post from o'rama.
2. Vague mention of a "possible" plan B with no details.
3. datorhall buildout (swedish video) with NO official news-nothing on facebook, twitter, official page, as if it did not exist.
4. ~5000 BTC mined in suggested datorhall address.

There is a possibility that #2-4 will be addressed in due course, I grant you that, but point #1 actually DID happen in the opposite direction (no upgrades) with no official info from the company apart from this thread post.

All and all, Neptunes will be delivered in May-June by almost any calculation (optimistically, May 15 for CA, May 30 for 1st, June 30 for 2nd) , which is ~1 month later than I hoped. We should get electrical, etc info in the next 10-14 days, I hope.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:07:22 PM

I am happy for the tapeout and also confess that I was wrong thinking that they focus on datorhall exclusively now. My mistake, born out of frustration and long wait.
Here is the timeline:
1. Dec new post from KC-"keep your coins ready" for upgradable modules (for sure) and maybe Jupiters "from stock"-everybody were waiting, and...nothing, not a peep from company, apart from a post from o'rama.
3. datorhall buildout (swedish video) with NO official news-nothing on facebook, twitter, official page, as if it did not exist.

There is a possibility that #2-4 will be addressed in due course, I grant you that, but point #1 actually DID happen in the opposite direction (no upgrades) with no official info from the company apart from this thread post.

All and all, Neptunes will be in May-June by almost any calculation (optimistically, May 15 for CA, May 30 for 1st, June 30 for 2nd) , which is ~1 month later than I hoped. We should get electrical, etc info in the next 10-14 days, I hope.

Even #1 although it did happen, it wasn't "for sure". The actual quote is (and I'll highlight the bits I noticed when it was posted):

"If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick."

andjo327

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

Some time ago I asked the same questions of both Avenger and edgar, they seem to want us to believe that they do it for altruistic reasons, that they hate the idea of "liars and scammers" ripping people off. But I don't buy all of it, its too personal, too, random, too, OTT vicious to be altruistic.

Well if they are after "liars and scammers" isn't this thread a weird choice to spend your time on. Not saying KnC will succeed which is not given but they are not exacly east european gangsters with fake names and a phony companies running away with all the money and leaving no trace.

Bashing failures saying like "you promised me a bitcoinminer and I got a coffee heater six months late etc..." makes sense if you are angry but at some point you need to either let it got or actually do something about it and that you won't do wasting your time here just writing random angry comments.

Me personally I am worried about the difficulty level, manufacturing delays, bitcoin price etc. and that my investment will not pay off (in bitcoin or fiat) so I do my own calculations from time to time to see if I should cancel my order or not, and I havn't yet, maybe I do, but that is a risk I take. But I am not the least worried that they will run away with all the money and outright scam me. That is kind of a big difference. Maybe it is because I live in Stockholm I feel that way, could be different if I trusted my money to some random company on the other side of the earth, (which I would not do in the first place). So maybe people see thing differently from the other side.
Anyway they have done some misinformation for example about keeping your coins ready etc., but it is not exactly the same as the fake company running away with your money scams you can easily find if you want to spend your life protecting people on bitcointalk. :-)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3862

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:53:55 PM

Here is the timeline:

All and all, Neptunes will be in May-June by almost any calculation (optimistically, May 15 for CA, May 30 for 1st, June 30 for 2nd) , which is ~1 month later than I hoped. We should get electrical, etc info in the next 10-14 days, I hope.

Even #1 although it did happen, it wasn't "for sure". The actual quote is (and I'll highlight the bits I noticed when it was posted):

"If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick."

People were waiting for upgrades/Jupiters regardless of "ifs". However, it is irrelevant now.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:00:33 PM

Here is the timeline:

People were waiting for upgrades/Jupiters regardless of "ifs"

I know, and they should have provided upgrades for Saturn and Mercury owners, in fact they did provide a sale of upgrades at one point, and yes it was badly handled, I don't disagree with some of the issues people have with the expectations regarding upgrades, remember I'm a customer also, and maybe would have liked to buy some upgrades or even spare boards for emergencys! But I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over it and I was just showing that they did couch the advice about whether their would be upgrades carefully with enough vagueness for me to be wary of it and certainly not to take it as a sure thing.

1Neptune

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

Sending the original payment for a Neptune by bank wire transfer, plus KnC taking out of the refund their bank's wire transfer fee plus my bank's incoming wire fee in the end has cost me $82 for the pleasure of doing business with KnC.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?
The Avenger

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

Sending the original payment for a Neptune by bank wire transfer, plus KnC taking out of the refund their bank's wire transfer fee plus my bank's incoming wire fee in the end has cost me $82 for the pleasure of doing business with KnC.

Totally.

You know what really bugs me? KNC claim to support bitcoin, but force everyone to accept refunds via wire transfer - the total anathema of bitcoin.

If they BELIEVE in bitcoin and are a bitcoin company, EVERYTHING should be transacted in bitcoin. End of.

They like it when they get paid in bitcoin - they pay zero fees.

But they are happy to fuck their customers the other way around and force them to swallow all the wire transfer fees, so it doesn't cost them anything to do business.

Bunch of lying, greedy assholes lining their pockets with no interest in supporting crypto currencies, only profiteering, nothing else.

"I am not The Avenger"
andjo327

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:11:27 PM

With these transfer fees we need a new banking system! :-)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:25:16 PM

Totally.

You know what really bugs me? KNC claim to support bitcoin, but force everyone to accept refunds via wire transfer - the total anathema of bitcoin.

If they BELIEVE in bitcoin and are a bitcoin company, EVERYTHING should be transacted in bitcoin. End of.

They like it when they get paid in bitcoin - they pay zero fees.

But they are happy to fuck their customers the other way around and force them to swallow all the wire transfer fees, so it doesn't cost them anything to do business.

Bunch of lying, greedy assholes lining their pockets with no interest in supporting crypto currencies, only profiteering, nothing else.

Have you even got a life or is it your day job to spread FUD on KNC. 

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:25:42 PM

Yes people can do what they want. Maybe some want to be seen as a forum hero? Some people are angry or bitter and want to spread hate.
The Avenger

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:37:10 PM

I have an opinion. There are no official knc representatives on this forum, so you should take anything you read here with a pinch of salt. Anyone with 2 braincells should get that without having to be told.

KNC employ about 40(?) people, but they can't find 10 minutes out of their day to update customers on here? Pure contempt for their customers, that's what that shows.

I think KNC *don't give a damn* about bitcoin, for many reasons. But what could be stronger evidence then they force wire transfer refunds on customer who paid in bitcoin??

That is not FUD. That is my opinion.

This a forum for discussion.

Discuss, but don't try tell me what opinions I should have.

And this is the knc thread, not the "chat about Avenger thread".

So keep it on topic  Kiss

"I am not The Avenger"
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:59:32 PM

Divergent opinions are a great thing. There are a lot of very talented, smart enterprising people involved in this. We all may not agree on everything and I'm glad that we don't, but in the end we all are trying to look out for each other. All miners have is each other at times - so HUGZ to everyone! LOL!
Pages: « 1 ... 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: