Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:06:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 [1744] 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:42:18 PM

Is it coincidence the hashrate has jumped 13 PH the last few days

yes. chips in packaging does in no way mean neptunes are built.

You dont honestly believe all the news KNC puts out is accurate on on time?  They only tell us what they want us to hear.

But it does seem they want to save some face and have it at end of month ready.

my remark was ; yes, it is pure coincidence.
It never ceases to amaze me how people see the network hash-rate rise and immediately attribute it to one manufacturer. What we are seeing is mere inevitability occurring.

KNC are going to have to go to long lengths to get their reputation back to anywhere near to what it used to be - and I don't think a 3TH/s Neptune is quite going to cut the mustard, even with their 2nd Neptune free in August; offer. I reckon they are going to need to bulk up those boxes with extra chips. It's an interesting state of affairs.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Neptune

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:49:54 PM

You dont honestly believe all the news KNC puts out is accurate on on time?  They only tell us what they want us to hear.

It never ceases to amaze me how people see the network hash-rate rise and immediately attribute it to one manufacturer. What we are seeing is mere inevitability occurring.

KNC are going to have to go to long lengths to get their reputation back to anywhere near to what it used to be - and I don't think a 3TH/s Neptune is quite going to cut the mustard, even with their 2nd Neptune free in August; offer. I reckon they are going to need to bulk up those boxes with extra chips. It's an interesting state of affairs.

I've not seen anything yet from KnC that makes me regret getting my refunds when I did (early, and relatively quickly compared to later refunders). Even if/when a 3TH/s Neptune is delivered, even if it's more than 3TH/s, it won't be enough to light up the "regret" button. Not even the "free" additional Neptune in August.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

I can't wait to see the reaction of new Neptune owner's (and SP30) on how big these rigs are physically and how much heat really pours out of them.

Too true, the future of mining is DC hosting or similar ... 12 months from now the landscape will be very different.

It is, but jimmothy still thinks that the home mining is the future Smiley

It's not "the future" but it is part of it.
There will be huge mining operations and small home operations.

The people who are forced to pay a datacenter for hosting will simply be squeezed out of the game due to the unnecessary additional costs.

You don't honestly think that ALL home miners are just going to stop their operations right?
The present, past, and immediate future, but I believe "Home Mining" is just about done. Maybe 1 more year if we are lucky... very lucky
You DO know what the "Difficulty rate" is, right? At this point, miners ROI is in jeopardy, 90 days from now the diff will be so high you'll wish you never bought a miner!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

I can't wait to see the reaction of new Neptune owner's (and SP30) on how big these rigs are physically and how much heat really pours out of them.

Too true, the future of mining is DC hosting or similar ... 12 months from now the landscape will be very different.

The people who are forced to pay a datacenter for hosting will simply be squeezed out of the game due to the unnecessary additional costs.

You don't honestly think that ALL home miners are just going to stop their operations right?
The present, past, and immediate future, but I believe "Home Mining" is just about done. Maybe 1 more year if we are lucky... very lucky
You DO know what the "Difficulty rate" is, right? At this point, miners ROI is in jeopardy, 90 days from now the diff will be so high you'll wish you never bought a miner!

I agree...Unfortunately the limit in terms of electrical home installation is almost reached.
You can, of course, modify your electricity home but it adds to operating mining costs that lower even more the mining profitability...
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:18:34 PM

I was just kidding.  Im sure is a combination of other manufacturers too ASM, and the other Chinese chips.

But it wouldnt surprise me if they had all the chips already for a few weeks testing the chips and boards. 
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:29:23 PM

I was just kidding.  Im sure is a combination of other manufacturers too ASM, and the other Chinese chips.

But it wouldnt surprise me if they had all the chips already for a few weeks testing the chips and boards.  

i dare-say it's a possibility; but in contrast, it would surprise me if they have managed to bed a chip on a board by this day.
I thought this was rather humorous - surprised it hasn't been deleted and the forum user banned
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/resellers-affilicates/general-questions/45717-am-i-the-only-remaining-neptune-customer

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:16:48 AM

Ugh, I'm with you on this (the bolded statement)!
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:39:13 AM

It'll require 5 PCI-E cables for those wondering. Should see news either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:39:30 AM

Can someone please post the link? I can't find the news item on the KnC site.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:42:26 AM

Well, I finally got all the frankenjunk going--5180ish th/s  
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:43:46 AM

Zelek: It's in their twitter feed, which has been going all night Sweedish time. https://twitter.com/kncminer

My guess is that they are spending all night tweaking the prototype boards now,  and will make some sort of news item/video tomorrow or the day after.  They just got the chips, and I'm sure they are rushing to figure out what they can get out of them.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

er I also think that those of us that have mined at least since 2013 when I got a $7,131.80 usd Oct Jupiter 560gh 2013 (which best I can tell will end of life at about 50 btc)

anyway the mental hurdle I would/will have to go thru say next spring 2015 (irregardless if btc price is 1k or more or not) of paying probably something like 15K or more for
a miner that will do 'maybe' 7 coin if I had to guess total end of life ...ouch ouch ouch..

sure...if btc is over 2k it will make sense or something...but the day I got my Jupiter (Oct 18th 2013) I think at least for a few days it got ONE BTC A DAY...so
with my peanut sized brain ...."look squirrel" .....that fact alone will mess me up getting a 15k machine that say does something like .025 a day or some such (shudder)
not sure I'd be able to wrap my mind around it...and of course giant PH farms will probably be multiplying like flies even faster at that time...more angst on if to get equip

'maybe' I could make the adjustment with a lot of "wincing"...but unless some kick ass equip comes out that makes it worth another Jupiter gamble....likely being
an old 'duffer' messing around on coinbase will be the way to go..at that point only mental hurdles would be USD per BTC and small/frequent purchases hopefully..

So you start out as the 'dashing' bitcoin asic miner /danger/excitement/equip poop's out/angst/power outages....like flying an asic plane the thrill! the risk!..the crashes!

to after 1 year in mining and difficulty rises..you look around the plane is shot...mentally you are a bit 'wrung out' dealing with 'asic manufacuter's dog and pony shows'

So you are not an old fart (in asic miner terms not a newb anymore) ...and sitting at the computer (essentially) 'day trading' bitcoin on his laptop sipping Tea...(
ah the glory 'months' of long ago..er changes quick)

have to totter off to the little Searing room now to piddle ...too much Tea (someday in the future ...hey whipersnapper....i was a 'bitcoin miner' dang gum it respect
your elders....)

frack from miner to accountant in less then 2 years likely (of course if I'm accounting some real $$$ with BTC er maybe I won't mind much?)

Searing

hopefully this is more then the 3TH you paid for but using 'tinkering' and not that you orig got 6Th?

if so congrats ...if not er sorry

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

ya, only ordered 3th, so its a bonus....cant be mad anymore?Huh.....waiting on another beaglebone to get the jupiter going again
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:26:11 AM

Is it the beaglebone you are missing, or the whole controller?

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
kncminer_fraud

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:34:15 AM

URGENT NOTICE!!!!

Hello my fellow miners!

This is a call to action against KnC Miner.

We are running a hosting company and luckily we only invested a small amount in this scam scheme. When it became obvious that KnC wouldn't hold its promise for delivery, we cancelled our order and requested a refund. That was about 2 months ago. Since then we have been told the "sorry"-story.

However, it seems that KnC is knowingly playing on the fact, that customers from outside Sweden would not afford to risk hiring Swedish lawyers to sue them.

Well, we want to take a different approach. We are building a case against KnC and are asking all KnC customers who are still waiting for a refund to contact us. You have probably been scammed.

As there is no transparency coming from KnC, we're basically blind and have no idea what is going on!
There is a real risk that KnC already is insolvent.

Please note, if you support us, you will be listed as witness in the case against KnC.

First we need to know how many refunds/the total amount of money that is outstanding.  

You can post it here or PM me with your order number and the amount (rounded).

If you have a Twitter account or other social media, spread the word!!!

Let's not waste any more time!

Alex

sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 06:44:53 AM

At this point int time KNC can not be trusted, here I posted a link to my other post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384125.msg7356095#msg7356095

The are taking forever with refunds, scammed super jupiter customers, and basically broken all of the promises they have made.
For more details follow the link above, some will agree with me some will not, but a lot of the things stated are facts not opinions.

I would want everyone to get a refund for several reason, the biggest one is once a company does not respect their own customers and breaks their own promises anything is possible, just look at the super jupiter customers.

What warranty do you have that Neptune will not turned out to be like a super jupiter, absolutely none, even getting a refund which was supposed to be a safe choice is now risky refunds are taking over 2 months in btc, and over 3 months in dollars based on what has been posted on the knc forum and this forum.

My personal recommendation is to get a refund soon before it is too late, it may be too late already we do not know that.

Once trust is broken there is no honor, once you get the neptune there will be no refunds, that is what knc did to super jupiter customers, what makes you think you are different than a supper jupiter customer? we are all the same, if the super jupiter customers got scammed, we could as well get scammed, I have already requested my refund, and have been waiting over a moth for it.

When refunds are delayed it is a very bad sign, intersango, cointerra, BFL and now KNC they have all delayed refund, and we know how the first 3 turned out to be, knc is following the same path.

I did my duty in warning everyone in regards of KNC, hopefully I am wrong but all the evidence says otherwise.

I did warm people in regards gox unethical behavior in 2012, hopefully some listened, I was criticized back then by a few because mtgox was legit, I had no clue how bad things were and what would happen 2 years latter.

My warning against gox on this forum in 2012, was about unethical behavior, the scam back then, it was an anonymous site no id was required, no kyc rules, and then later in 2012 they started freezing withdraws on anonymous accounts, nothing wrong if they have a change in plans, but the problem was that customers did not have an option to opt out, like saying you changed the rules, now I am out, but instead by force they had to ID otherwise the money dollars or BTC were confiscated (not possible to withdraw), this was in 2012 approx, I would have to check my own post for exact date, it was the very first sign that things were wrong at mtgox, wrong from an ethical point of view, from a legal perceptive I do not know but I would think that was ilegal. As early as 2012 mtgox had experience in blocking withdraws.
I did try to warn people, most did not hear, probably a few did, most likely because mtgox grew exponentially, and since the anonymous accounts where only the really early ones, the only really affected by the first scam were an early generation of bitcoin users as mtgox grew this users became an increasingly small percentage, maybe some of the people that have been around here a lot can remember that first mtgox scam.

Now I am warning in regards KNC, a situation that is looking uglier each day that passes.

kncminer_fraud

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:47:22 AM

@sergio we are compiling a list of open refunds to get a picture of what is really going on. Do you have open refunds?
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 517

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:49:46 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 10:23:21 AM by fubly

me too, also making only 5,5 Th/s. ATM 6 Boards are faulty and replacing before 6 Boards. Now I'am waiting on an reply for the next RMA.
Also one controller was not working. Now the controller is replaced and it's working fine for me.

Shipping date was 28. April.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
jpass022

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:00:45 PM

Neptune Miners in production/shipping phase...
Today, 08:44 AM
From Kurt...

Today, 06:57 AM

Hi,

We are currently in the production and shipping phase with the Neptune miners and our main priority and focus is on shipping the miners to customers as quickly as possible. Due to this extremely busy period the processing of refunds will be taking longer.

However we can assure you that we will process all refund requested according to the date and time the request was made and issue the refund as soon as physically possible.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3781

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:52:49 PM

Neptune Miners in production/shipping phase...
Today, 08:44 AM
From Kurt...

Today, 06:57 AM

Hi,

We are currently in the production and shipping phase with the Neptune miners and our main priority and focus is on shipping the miners to customers as quickly as possible. Due to this extremely busy period the processing of refunds will be taking longer.

However we can assure you that we will process all refund requested according to the date and time the request was made and issue the refund as soon as physically possible.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It's in a shipping phase while there is NO word on its actual capabilities sush hash speed, etc. This is very strange. I have never seen a situation like this.
I am quite curious what Neptune can do.
Pages: « 1 ... 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 [1744] 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: