Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049462 times)
l3sny

Activity: 859
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

the website kncclassaction.com  is not working.
I just wonder if we still can claim for the faulty Jupiters .... perhaps there is limitation or something....
but this lawyer is from US, you need a Swedish law firm actually

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍........the internet........❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:59:56 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 03:24:21 AM by xhomerx10

Seemed from the start that they are very honest company.
No. Their behavior was arrogant and suspicious from the very first day, and many pointed that out.

By the way. I can't help blaming the victims here a little.. Remember, the sole purpose of a company is to make money. If they sell you miner hardware for less than it'll make in reasonable time, they have failed as a company.

You've failed as a rational human being if you really believe that.  I guess Alchip failed as a company too since it sold the chips to KNC for less than the chips would mine?
Any company that continues to do "business" your way will surely fail.  The main purpose of a company is to fulfill a need.

Here is Alchip's purpose:

Alchip Technologies is dedicated to rapid delivery of cutting-edge ASIC solutions to our customers. We have a proven track record of first silicon successes at the 130nm, 90nm, and 65nm nodes. Our total engineering and business solution strategy ensures that our customers receive quality SoC product solutions on-time or ahead of schedule. Our dedicated teams of engineering, logistic, and business professionals understand and address to our customers' needs. Alchip is the trusted silicon partner for implementing and delivering SoCs so that our clients can focus on what they do best.

Here is Southwest Airline's purpose:

To connect People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel.

Imagine how long they would be around if they sold you a seat on a flight going to Las Vegas from New York and then they delayed the flight by a couple of weeks, it cost 3 times more than any other airline's seat when you finally did get on the flight and it took you to Miami instead... they would fail.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:27:55 AM

I posted these observations on KNC Forums...reposting here for anyone interested (or not feel free to use /ignore I don't know you I don't mind)

Anyway some may be overstated below ..some may be understated...but all are relevant imho even if the Titan had arrived in good working order
at 300mh and worked with mulitipools

anyway for your consideration

Premise:

Setting aside the NO ROI Titan at 300mh vs the batch 2 and 3 400mh units at much cheaper prices (and a better deal) and the fact for a bit that the units ARE NOT working anywhere near consistently at 300mh or on multi-pools (mentally sets it aside) In other words assuming they COULD work on the above out of the box fixed....you still have the below issues that us
DIY customers (businesses that we are to KNC so to speak) have to deal with even if the above Titan did work well at 300mh no issues and multi-pooled..

observations:

well then you have below

the units just plain not working with the cubes..cables mis-wired ..controllers w/o plugs or tore wires etc

the fact with a 90 day warranty some titan front end users have lost 1 month on the warranty w/o having firmware availble to keep the beasts up

they say it is 1100w at the wall ..well...it seems to be more like between from posts 1300w to 1540w I've seen

the need for 2 power supplies to run an 1100w supposed Titan

the need for Y adapters (which knc will supply late) due to OCP problems with modern power supplies

frequent restarts and such not being able to keep cores up in any manner (firmware or worse)

emails to customers wanting to send back obvious (not firmware) parts/equip back and being tolk KNC is unsure when they can get around to fixing and returning such

no contact or help asked (give luke jr a miner already) of the BFGminer software ...seems like a don't ask don't tell problem...seems to me knc shooting self in foot on this one

the bad press for all this imho far outweighs SOME kinda compenation (notice i did not say what i leave that to KNC) but KNC is adamant NO compensation for unworkable shipped product

the fact they are shipping unworkable product in the first place is somewhat puzzling

they did NOT make their timeline....again no compensation for such

the plain out LIE about the units being able to do scrypt-N ...which seems an unlikely dream at this point seeings how support and warrenty ends in 90 days

the fact KNC has stated this is their last consumer product they are going all arctic cloud now (notice no Titans or Neptunes for sale on products page)

the fact KNC did not lower or adjust prices to industry standards as time went on to sell these units..ie never changed the price in 3 months ..ie they are out of it imho

people who ask for a refund are no longer answered in email for tech support issues (or so folks have said on here and bitcointalk)

likely if you did send back or refuse the Titan under 14 day return policy under swedish law..they would simply keep it ..no refund ...you'd get it maybe eventually

anyway probably more...but if even HALF of the above is simply HYPE as KNC would see it....does not bode very well does it?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
whatever777

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:18:53 AM

Hi,
Can somebody explain how do I can ssh to the raspberry pi of my Titan? ID: pi PW: raspberry doesn't work.

I can also report the same problem as pretty much everybody else. The last cube, only 1/2 the ASICs work. I am running firmware 1.0.4.

Also curious as to know which pools are actually working for people as none of the KNC suggested ones work for me.
Thanks.
ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:07:03 PM

Hi,
Can somebody explain how do I can ssh to the raspberry pi of my Titan? ID: pi PW: raspberry doesn't work.

I can also report the same problem as pretty much everybody else. The last cube, only 1/2 the ASICs work. I am running firmware 1.0.4.

Also curious as to know which pools are actually working for people as none of the KNC suggested ones work for me.
Thanks.

Use the same password you have set via the web-gui.
Works for both root and pi, but for accessing the screen use pi.

You can fetch details for each die's proc this way:
Code:
/home/pi/bfgminer/bfgminer-rpc procs > proc_details.txt

Maybe you can get it running by playing a little with the voltages (advanced page in web GUI)

Regarding pools, just try some.

Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:11:55 PM

Remember, the sole purpose of a company is to make money
The main purpose of a company is to fulfill a need.
That's the purpose of a non-profit organization. No company will fulfill any need unless it's profitable to them.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 12:57:20 PM

....does not bode very well does it?

Nyet commissar Sea-Ring
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:53:10 PM

wondering on your bonus neptune and what KNC is up to with the old pools?

from www.kncminer.com forums

link

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/63400-knc-mining-pool-grows-while-we-continue-to-wait

in detail below the cut and paste from sixbk on kncforums

begging of quote

KNC Mining pool grows while we continue to wait
Today, 03:48 PM
You can see here the history of the KNC Miner owned pool over the weeks leading up to the release of the Neptune through until today.

Source : http://organofcorti.blogspot.com.au/...n-network.html

June 1st
6.49%
June 8th
6.14%
June 15h
3.13%
June 22nd
6.35%
June 29th
5.31%
July 6th
5.31%
July 13th
4.11%
July 20th
4.20%
July 27th
3.56%
August 3rd
4.37%
August 10th
3.52%
August 17th
3.56%
August 24th
3.89%
August 31st
2.96%
September 7th
2.85%
September 14th
3.70%
September 21st
3.92%
September 28th
4.64%
October 6th
4.74%

At the beginning of this time period the difficulty was 10,456,000,000, the difficulty is now 35,002,000,000, overall growth of 334%.

The June 1st results (6.49% of approx 80PH) would indicate a hashrate of about 5.2PH

The October 6th results (4.74% of approx 260PH) would indicate a hashrate of 12.3PH

An approximate growth of 7.1PH for the KNC Miner pool over the time period since the Neptune announcement and deliveries began.

Assuming 3.6TH per Neptune, this growth would indicate an additional 1972 Neptunes (7100 / 3.6) that have been added to the private KNC Miner pool over the last four months.

This, while customers are still awaiting delivery of their Neptunes + Bonus Neptunes.

You can see a gradual decline of the % of total hashrate up until late August or early September, this decline is only in relative terms to the total growth of the Bitcoin network. The KNC Mining pool hashrate continued to grow throughout this period. It allows us to pinpoint where they seem to have completely stopped giving a damn about paying customers and started really focusing on themselves.

Here it is, the best evidence I could find to support the accusations that KNC are giving us the shaft.

Thoughts?

Anyone from KNC care to comment on this?

(posted on kncforum by sixbk)

end quote

I particularly like this line

"Assuming 3.6TH per Neptune, this growth would indicate an additional 1972 Neptunes (7100 / 3.6) that have been added to the private KNC Miner pool over the last four months."
Jeez 334% increase in their hashing pools from june 1st to oct 6th

guess that explains the old Neptune delays

anyway just figured a repost of this was a heads up

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

While KnC isn´t technically scamming anyone (intentionally) they have been operating in what I would consider a legal grey area, delivering late-ish on their promises (but not actually late most of the time).

The only reason KnC still bothers with public customers is to make you guys pay for their NRE and maybe bag some cash from nonrefundable pre-orders, and afterwards mass produce their own miners for their mining facility.
Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:00:32 PM

There are however some instances of late delivery, particularly regarding their most recent Bitcoin miner, which was delivered late in some cases, and was (way) overpriced in all cases.

Some people unfortunately didn´t take their pre-order refund, and some weren´t allowed to.

For most miners pre-ordering doesn´t pay, however many miners have to learn this the hard way.

I had a Neptune pre-order myself, but I got my refund (after waiting approximately 2 months for it).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:05:31 PM

There are however some instances of late delivery, particularly regarding their most recent Bitcoin miner, which was way overpriced anyway.

Some people unfortunately didn´t take their pre-order money back, and some weren´t allowed to.

remember they only have a 90 day warranty now...in the case of the Titan it has been almost 30 days since the first units were shipped so for those guys 1/3
of the warranty is already gone....they only have to say support the Titan for say 120 days total assuming they ship it all out to us so that 120 is best case imho

after that point if it is still kludged up and kinda sorta working KNC can walk away

they have no incentive in any direction to provide public support and fixes and again ....I'll state here in Nov/Dec they will announce (perhaps modest) Titan Data Hall
imho

also on kncforums if you send in something for a RMA they send back something stating they make NO CLAIMS on when you will get you stuff back fixed ..in that
they are swamped

if you email them about a refund they stop replying to you about ANYTHING even legit RMA issues

man talk about going the BFL route in a big way!

Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:08:19 PM

@Searing

Yeah, their business ethics is essentially BFL but with a little more production competence.

As I said, they will do exactly as much as required by law.
This unfortunately means that much of their product will most likely never ROI (even lass than any other product that is) and they will use any case of plausable deniabilty against you.

Production quality was horrible on the Neptune and FrankenJupiter, and it doesn´t seem to be significantly better with the Titan.

On top of that, I would advise anyone living in a facility with an active miner to invest in some fire detection equipment, which can be purchased for less than 30$ at your local hardware store
(especially if you live in a wooden aka standard American home).
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:56:42 PM

Yeah, their business ethics is essentially BFL but with a little more production competence.

Hello cpt. Obvious:)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:05:32 PM

@Searing

As I said, they will do exactly as much as required by law.
This unfortunately means that much of their product will most likely never ROI (even lass than any other product that is) and they will use any case of plausable deniabilty against you.

Production quality was horrible on the Neptune and FrankenJupiter, and it doesn´t seem to be significantly better with the Titan.

On top of that, I would advise anyone living in a facility with an active miner to invest in some fire detection equipment, which can be purchased for less than 30$ at your local hardware store
(especially if you live in a wooden aka standard American home).

yeah my thinking on this the last few days is the amount of FUD and just plain problems with Titan...EVEN if they would have arrived more or less working at 300mh
and did multipools

the stuff of quality control and all the other issues I and others have mentioned in other posts...even if the dang Titan worked as advertised at 300mh and did
multipools..the quality of the item and all the other hic ups would be epic (in conjunction with the 90 day warranty)

on top of the Titan not working and not doing 300mh and not mulit-pools and not doing scrypt  N  and a time line of 90 days before KNC walks away from this piece of sh*t
product....well imho it is way way way over the top...we are taking in the front (no roi) and the back (plain ass don't work)...and KNC has NO reponsiblity to worry about in all this
as far as they are concerned in either situation...ie no refund..we are a business...we just have to eat this sh*t sandwich

so we got doubled up on the fact it CAN'T ROI even if it did work as advertised and on time for shipping etc...the additional stuff imho knocks a Titan owner from MAYBE
if it worked getting 1/2 of his purchase price back from using the equipment to now with all the problems on top of that it a person running the Titan (assuming it lasted past the 90 day warranty) you MIGHT get 1/4 of your purchase price out on the Titan now imho assuming you EVENTUALLY get  a Titan that works at 300mh and does multi-pool

the odds against us and for KNC on the responsibility of the Titan purchase got for us a lot worse imho

anyway you get my drift......its like you bought a boat ..took a 1/2 loss on the boat and now find the boat needs major repairs to get it to work...and now you are 3/4 in the hole
on said boat...with the guy who sold you the boat having NO responsibility...in any type of consumer protection we not only got took we are continuing to get taken the longer this piece of sh*t product has problems

well so it goes i guess but seems to be piling up on us at the consumer end big time

metagnosis

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:17:42 PM

anyone interested in purchasing a first batch titan ?  I am willing to take a loss.  Make me an offer. 
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

No I prefer to wait for mine

When it will be arrived
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:41:03 PM

anyone interested in purchasing a first batch titan ?  I am willing to take a loss.  Make me an offer. 

sure i'll take it...probably worth 1/10th of what ya paid for it...so i'll offer 10% of what ya paid for it Smiley

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
l3sny

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:55:10 PM

any news on the bonus miners?

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
                     ██▌
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 10:26:04 PM

Yeah they are prolly all in the Know Nothing Company DC mining the dodo out of BTC while they still can.
l3sny

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

and they will send them when mining below costs of electricity.
I want to see the scumbags roasted by some consumers protection EU agenda. No chance they would get away with that forever.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
                     ██▌
Pages: « 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: