Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164070 times)
un4given

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:13:31 AM

hello lads, is there any way to tell the miner what gpus to use? normally its -cd 0,1,.... function but it doenst work with EWBF and also i cant find a readme for all comands
thx in advance

--cuda_devices 012

need to put a space between devices, there are examples in the miner help.

--cuda_devices 0 1 2
thx...figured it out by googling for 15 minutes  Cheesy my mixed GTX Rig keeps dying so i needed to switch both GTX 1060 off. now it works. will need to plug them to an another PC as it seems

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:36:30 PM

I have never believed the story that ewbf has copied someone or other miners, I'm sure that if he wants he can improve his miner without help from others.

I don't think anything will ever be proven, but correlations and inferences are your friend bro. EWBFs speed increases closely matched EQM to the T and now that EQM doesn't exist anymore there aren't any more speed increases, which is super suspicious. The last speed upgrade was right on par with the small speed upgrade EQM left before going open source. EWBF has offered no speed increases over EQM... ever, besides mining outside their service. The one time EWBF released first EQM was offering preview versions to their clients and I'm sure it got leaked as it was the same speed increase EQM offered a couple days later.

This isn't uncommon outside of cryptos or from the chinese who are great at ripping things off, you can believe what you want as always though.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
EWBF_ (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 160

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:39:55 PM

I have never believed the story that ewbf has copied someone or other miners, I'm sure that if he wants he can improve his miner without help from others.

I don't think anything will ever be proven, but correlations and inferences are your friend bro. EWBFs speed increases closely matched EQM to the T and now that EQM doesn't exist anymore there aren't any more speed increases, which is super suspicious. The last speed upgrade was right on par with the small speed upgrade EQM left before going open source. EWBF has offered no speed increases over EQM... ever, besides mining outside their service. The one time EWBF released first EQM was offering preview versions to their clients and I'm sure it got leaked as it was the same speed increase EQM offered a couple days later.

This isn't uncommon outside of cryptos or from the chinese who are great at ripping things off, you can believe what you want as always though.

I respect any opinion.
But, my first version was faster than their. then i start improve platform (miner code not solver). After a couple of day they make his miner faster, of cource i stop my work and start solver optimization to achieve more speed. And then this simply start to be a race, untill they not "finish" this race. Now we are close to hardware limits, here each a little step is incredibly complicated. Technically ~10% of improvements is still possibly, but algorithm not allow make this. This "hardware limits" is a memory speed and latency and at this moment they not allow gain more speed. Of course, the full story longer, but I hope that I have replied to this accusation.
Thank you for attention
dtawom

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:57:23 PM

CUDA: Device: 0 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 2 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 3 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 4 Thread exited with code: 46
ERROR: Some workers are stopped. Attempt to restart: 2
CUDA: Device: 0 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 0 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 1 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 1 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 2 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 2 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 3 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 3 Thread exited with code: 46
CUDA: Device: 4 GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB M0
CUDA: Device: 4 Thread exited with code: 46
NVidia do not need nor appreciate power starving.
Personnaly I push the Power Target all the way up.
Gives the GPU the overhead in case it needs it.
GPU clock = +145
Mem clock = +595
GTX 1070 = 440 H/s

Normally I would agree as my other 4 rigs with 10xx series cards are running at 112%, but for some unknown reason some rigs seem to GPU power drop for a split second at close to 100% causing the miner to crash.  I still haven't figured out why, but my first line of attack now that I know it is power related is going to be to swap the PS in one of them.  I still can't explain how the same rig can game at 4k for 8 hours straight without a single issue, but the miner makes it phoop after only 5-15 minutes.  Almost every time it happens I see something in my logging that looks like this at or around 100%:
Power,           GPU clock,        Memory clock,     GPU temperature,           GPU usage,                  GPU voltage,          
101,              2050,               4404,                  51,                               99,                              1.012,                
101,              2050,               4404,                  51,                               99,                              0.000,
30,                1708,               4006,                  42,                               2,                               0.925,      
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:44:01 PM

I respect any opinion.
But, my first version was faster than their. then i start improve platform (miner code not solver). After a couple of day they make his miner faster, of cource i stop my work and start solver optimization to achieve more speed. And then this simply start to be a race, untill they not "finish" this race. Now we are close to hardware limits, here each a little step is incredibly complicated. Technically ~10% of improvements is still possibly, but algorithm not allow make this. This "hardware limits" is a memory speed and latency and at this moment they not allow gain more speed. Of course, the full story longer, but I hope that I have replied to this accusation.
Thank you for attention

How about thread & api pretty please  Wink Keep up the good work  Grin
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:51:26 PM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

Only version that was faster was .3b and that lasted a couple days before being replaced. As I mentioned, when they released it they had a pre-release version they were distributing to their VIPs I'm sure got leaked (I found a leaked copy so it wasn't that hard). EQM definitely released before EWBF with their first versions back in Nov.

Yup I understand you have to do rewrites time and again as you can't keep optimizing. It's definitely too much of a coincidence that your rewrites and speed increases closely matched theirs down to a couple %.

As far as speed increases go... pretty sure everyone would rather have more speed over features to further separate ourselves from AMD. You as a developer also make more the more speed we have.

Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:53:28 PM

EWBF's not interested in making a CUDA miner for pascal coin? Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
bughatti

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:58:59 AM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

Only version that was faster was .3b and that lasted a couple days before being replaced. As I mentioned, when they released it they had a pre-release version they were distributing to their VIPs I'm sure got leaked (I found a leaked copy so it wasn't that hard). EQM definitely released before EWBF with their first versions back in Nov.

Yup I understand you have to do rewrites time and again as you can't keep optimizing. It's definitely too much of a coincidence that your rewrites and speed increases closely matched theirs down to a couple %.

As far as speed increases go... pretty sure everyone would rather have more speed over features to further separate ourselves from AMD. You as a developer also make more the more speed we have.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have always respected that.  It does seem though that this is just an attack by 1 on another when no evidence is presented or the other side is making a claim.  I think it should be dropped here.  People benefit from speeds, he may charge a dev fee and we all have that right to use it or not.  If someone creates something and wants to own it, they should create it in the right way that it cant be taken (not making any accusations here).
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:10:55 AM

can you still improve this miner?

Technically, yes. But on practice not significantly.

No more EQM miners to gather data from. Roll Eyes
Shocked

Cheesy

There are some very smart people here that can code this stuff, @EWBF, you are one of them, so please dont take offense to this question.  Are we at a point of technology or knowledge that hinders progress?

Neither technology nor knowledge hinders progress.. when we stop thinking is what hinders progress.
bughatti

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:17:38 AM

can you still improve this miner?

Technically, yes. But on practice not significantly.

No more EQM miners to gather data from. Roll Eyes
Shocked

Cheesy

There are some very smart people here that can code this stuff, @EWBF, you are one of them, so please dont take offense to this question.  Are we at a point of technology or knowledge that hinders progress?

Neither technology nor knowledge hinders progress.. when we stop thinking is what hinders progress.

I agree, btw great name Smiley
ioglnx

Activity: 574

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:32:14 PM

Besam is like this.. he always was. Let nicehash buy the miners and devs he always said and wrote to devs posting a miner for equhash..then he complained after they bought djezo code that their miner is not open.
Even tho my argument earlier was it will be like this (closed source and miner stick to their pool) he said he doesn't care just to cry then the very next moment.

In 99% of cases we can ignore his posts..also this stupid accusation since EWBF is much faster than EQM was since version 0.0.6 EWBF performed much better than anything what nicehash throw out.

Maybe he has some sort schizophrenia never able to reflect and realize what he wrote and arguing about one minute ago. Looks like this.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:42:31 PM

To EWBF_
I have the same issue on two rigs - GPU 0 (first in six) (gtx 1070) starts from 450 s/s and occasionally falls down to 340 or even 140 s/s. What is the problem?

yobit.net is banned from signatures
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:29:48 PM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have always respected that.  It does seem though that this is just an attack by 1 on another when no evidence is presented or the other side is making a claim.  I think it should be dropped here.  People benefit from speeds, he may charge a dev fee and we all have that right to use it or not.  If someone creates something and wants to own it, they should create it in the right way that it cant be taken (not making any accusations here).

I don't really expect much from the average miner, you're no exception. 3/4 of what you said doesn't even make sense nor has any relation to what we were talking about.

Besam is like this.. he always was. Let nicehash buy the miners and devs he always said and wrote to devs posting a miner for equhash..then he complained after they bought djezo code that their miner is not open.
Even tho my argument earlier was it will be like this (closed source and miner stick to their pool) he said he doesn't care just to cry then the very next moment.

In 99% of cases we can ignore his posts..also this stupid accusation since EWBF is much faster than EQM was since version 0.0.6 EWBF performed much better than anything what nicehash throw out.

Maybe he has some sort schizophrenia never able to reflect and realize what he wrote and arguing about one minute ago. Looks like this.

And we're two for two. There is no entry level for mining. How I make money tree?!!? I'm just going to assume what both of you said would make sense in your original language.

defrozen

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:31:11 PM

hi! I have 1060. I have 225 Sol / 265 in boost. what could be wrong?
bughatti

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:59:29 PM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have always respected that.  It does seem though that this is just an attack by 1 on another when no evidence is presented or the other side is making a claim.  I think it should be dropped here.  People benefit from speeds, he may charge a dev fee and we all have that right to use it or not.  If someone creates something and wants to own it, they should create it in the right way that it cant be taken (not making any accusations here).

I don't really expect much from the average miner, you're no exception. 3/4 of what you said doesn't even make sense nor has any relation to what we were talking

It's actually pretty simple, most 8th graders could understand that you are making accusations and your story behind it.  If you didn't have a concern for us "average miners" then why did you post it on here, pretty childish.  No need to troll, if you have a legal concern do something legal about it.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 05:35:53 PM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

I don't really expect much from the average miner, you're no exception. 3/4 of what you said doesn't even make sense nor has any relation to what we were talking

It's actually pretty simple, most 8th graders could understand that you are making accusations and your story behind it.  If you didn't have a concern for us "average miners" then why did you post it on here, pretty childish.  No need to troll, if you have a legal concern do something legal about it.

It has nothing to do with legality, everything to do with reputation. People will continue using EWBFs miner and side with whoever gives them the most money, regardless of evidence. Even if the code was copied verbatim, it wouldn't matter to most people. However people should know when something is copied.

If you've been around the forums you should get the drift that copying other peoples work is frowned upon... Nothing childish about pointing out when someone copies someone elses work, especially when someone else dumps a lot of time, money, and effort into what they create. You're a dumbass.

"...and your story behind it."

Yup struggle to make a point. Next time at least make the effort to finish your line of thought before hitting period. If you think I randomly made up EWBFs and EQMs release dates in addition to improvements in their miners, you can easily check both threads. It's so easy even a 8th grader could understand it... hue hue hue. -_-

sublimus

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

I respect any opinion.
Thank you for attention

It has nothing to do with legality, everything to do with reputation. People will continue using EWBFs miner and side with whoever gives them the most money, regardless of evidence. Even if the code was copied verbatim, it wouldn't matter to most people. However people should know when something is copied.

If you've been around the forums you should get the drift that copying other peoples work is frowned upon... Nothing childish about pointing out when someone copies someone elses work, especially when someone else dumps a lot of time, money, and effort into what they create. You're a dumbass.

"...and your story behind it."

Yup struggle to make a point. Next time at least make the effort to finish your line of thought before hitting period. If you think I randomly made up EWBFs and EQMs release dates in addition to improvements in their miners, you can easily check both threads. It's so easy even a 8th grader could understand it... hue hue hue. -_-

Where is the moderator?
This a tech thread.
Pls start your own whining thread.

sublimus

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:45:01 PM

How much do you get from your 1060 with other miners?

anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:52:14 PM

How much do you get from your 1060 with other miners?

I've already posted this before, but on average you should see 285-295 sol/sec @ 90W.

Settings:
  • Power Limit: 75
  • Core: +185
  • Memory: + 550

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
defrozen

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:26:28 PM

i don't try other miners yet. now AVG 250(((
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: