Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reason Bitcoin will always be #1  (Read 41474 times)
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:56:20 AM

the key is the user who continues to increase, many active users who always buy bitcoin bitcoin and they hold so make prices skyrocket. low cost is the reason everyone to use the bitcoin for transactions.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:00:36 AM

Haha, it is true that BTC is the best name for any cryptocurrency so far. The strange names like Ether and Ripple sound very high-tech and not related to money at all.
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, the name of bitcoin is irrelevant as long as it was not something offensive any name would have been good enough, the important thing is the technology behind it and the support given by the community.
That's true, nobody cares about the name, what is important is the usefulness of the system which we find bitcoin is very useful. Actually debating about the name is just a waste of time, we should be talking more about the advantages of bitcoin why it should be number 1.

iDice_io

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 08:04:24 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 05:18:11 AM by iDice_io

That's true, nobody cares about the name, what is important is the usefulness of the system which we find bitcoin is very useful. Actually debating about the name is just a waste of time, we should be talking more about the advantages of bitcoin why it should be number 1.
Usefulness is certainly a huge factor. One of the best things about Bitcoin is how many people already use it. It's easier to get started with than other options at the moment.

▬▬▬▬▬▬  [CROWDSALE] [THREAD] [BETA]  ▬▬▬▬▬▬ iDice ▬▬▬▬▬▬  [BETA] [THREAD] [CROWDSALE]  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
◊                                                         CROWDSALE JUNE 16 - 30 (UTC 00:00)                                                         ◊
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WORLD'S FIRST MOBILE GAMBLING DAPP ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:45:43 AM

prices continue to rise so that it benefits all users, at this time no one wants to sell bitcoin because price will sure continue to rise and the thing that makes the bitcoin always # 1 is the most profitable investment.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:11:09 AM

prices continue to rise so that it benefits all users, at this time no one wants to sell bitcoin because price will sure continue to rise and the thing that makes the bitcoin always # 1 is the most profitable investment.
I agree with you that no one is willing to sell their bitcoins because they believe that the price will go up again and bitcoin possibly touch 2000 USD price in the next pumping price and that is a good price for the holders of bitcoin right now because if they buy a lot more then it is a good profit in the future Cool.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:36:35 AM

I agree with you that no one is willing to sell their bitcoins because they believe that the price will go up again and bitcoin possibly touch 2000 USD price in the next pumping price and that is a good price for the holders of bitcoin right now because if they buy a lot more then it is a good profit in the future Cool.
Right now as the price increase is found in a large scale with fluctuations in a steep manner most users have plans on holding the bitcoins rather than selling at the moment as speculations were going around with the expectation of $2000 and $5000 anytime soon.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 11:41:31 AM

Agree I think also why bitcoin is still number 1 because of the price. Right I think many people now no wants try to sell their bitcoin. Like me I hold my bitcoin and I wait the price to reach $1500 before I sell it my bitcoin I think it will be possible to increase like this week because the price now is $1450 and still growing. Bitcoin is good investment as of now so what are you waiting for? Buy more bitcoin to make a lot of money.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:43:43 PM

Haha, it is true that BTC is the best name for any cryptocurrency so far. The strange names like Ether and Ripple sound very high-tech and not related to money at all.
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, the name of bitcoin is irrelevant as long as it was not something offensive any name would have been good enough, the important thing is the technology behind it and the support given by the community.
Yup Bitcoin as a name is not the main reason why it is #1 in the Cryptocurrency world. Its what features it has as a currency and being the pioneer of the virtual money world that made it #1. Names like "Windows" and "Apple" I might say are not good names but are good companies because of what products they offer to the public. The name will rise as the demand will increase of course.
Format.C^

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:35:01 PM

Bitcoin is no 1 digital currency at a moment and I don't see any competition to it right now but there is no guarantee that bitcoin will maintain its position even in future as it may also get disappeared or get replaced by some other currency in future.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:34:44 AM

Bitcoin is no 1 digital currency at a moment and I don't see any competition to it right now but there is no guarantee that bitcoin will maintain its position even in future as it may also get disappeared or get replaced by some other currency in future.
There is no guarantee but bitcoin still has a great advantage over any coin and one of them is simply the attention of the media, lots of altcoins are in a rally too, but the only coin that gets any attention of the media is bitcoin, and of the people that know about the existence of cryptocurrencies, the first coin that will come to mind is bitcoin.
tleilaxu_eyes

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:39:17 AM

OP makes a strong point. Litecoin, bytecoin - they all have a ring to them but they're still imitators. What needs to happen is for an organization with deep pockets to create and massively market their own coin. Sure, it may not start as the best name, but it could become the best name.

Look into the eyes.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

There’s no real challenge in terms of competition for bitcoin right now as it is still miles ahead of everybody. However, government regulations, conflicts within the community, among other things, might affect its standing if not properly resolved. This must be addressed in order for bitcoin to mainitain its status as the number one cryptocurrency worth owning and using.
SingAlong

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:51:59 AM

I do agree and in addition Bitcoin has been existing and reigning for a long time which have experienced countless of attacks through out the time yet still stamding up to this point that proves Bitcoin's security and the edges it has offered makes the users prefer Bitcoin than any other cryptocurrencies. Also they have solid thing to prove that this is not a scam and is legit that can be seen by the things they have brought and so much more!

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
vasrasus

Activity: 946

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:54:41 AM

Bitcoin goes a long way from it began, I remember BTC value when converted in our money is like on 30 but it increases to 80 in just 3 months. This really a big help to those who wanted to save, than saving it in a bank that says they can grow our money which never happen, bitcoin does provide and make it happen just by holding it in time it can increase its value,

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
cazza

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

Bitcoin has first movers advantage on other cryptocurrencies and has built a strong brand that will be hard for others to compete against, but not impossible! 
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:57:19 AM

And I'm not sure that bitcoin will always be a leader. Bitcoin has a big problem - unconfirmed transactions. And if this problem remains unresolved, bitcoin will lose popularity. There will be other alternative coins to be used
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:00:55 AM

And I'm not sure that bitcoin will always be a leader. Bitcoin has a big problem - unconfirmed transactions. And if this problem remains unresolved, bitcoin will lose popularity. There will be other alternative coins to be used

Well that problem is just the transaction fees and surely blockchain is doing something to reduce and the problem because of millions of transactions happening everyday, i think it is just as normal that this clog would happen, as long as transactions will not just vanish and its just ok. Btc still remains popular and it had many issues in the past.
Zemangat

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:24:14 AM

I think people will always find a cooler name than bitcoin, but the reason why Bitcoin is number one because of being the pioneer of cryptocurrency and being adopted by majority of population of cryptocurrency.  And that is also the reason why Bitcoin is almost the best name for cryptocurrency.
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:42:16 AM

Well that problem is just the transaction fees and surely blockchain is doing something to reduce and the problem because of millions of transactions happening everyday, i think it is just as normal that this clog would happen, as long as transactions will not just vanish and its just ok. Btc still remains popular and it had many issues in the past.

Yes, this is a normal state, but bitcoin is developing and will soon solve this problem in order not to lose users.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

I think people will always find a cooler name than bitcoin, but the reason why Bitcoin is number one because of being the pioneer of cryptocurrency and being adopted by majority of population of cryptocurrency.  And that is also the reason why Bitcoin is almost the best name for cryptocurrency.
I agree with you, even the people or new developers find a cooler name than bitcoin it will not be enough for them to beat bitcoin and took the number 1 rank in ranking of bitcoin. Before they can beat bitcoin, they should focus on features and the usage of their coin and not on names because even the name is not that good but if the features is the best then it is easy for them to be number 1.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: