Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reason Bitcoin will always be #1  (Read 41474 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:35:52 PM

Is because the name "Bitcoin" is the best name for a crypto-currency.

No other name will be as good.

That is a lame reason. Monero, and Litecoin are just as good names. But the name never matters, what matters is the usability and demand.

Western Union is a pretty bad name, but still many people use it.
Definitely. Even if you're having a company which has an ugly name but if you're really good on branding and then make the name of your company popular then people will automatically know it and think that the company's name is really good. It's just how the popularity works because of advertising and many factors that can make people always remember the name. Even though, selecting a good name will help to improve the rate of success on branding

Well yes its pretty subjective, however as a rule of thumb, simple and descriptive names catch on better:

Bitcoin, Facebook, Euro , Citi Bank, these are all good brand names, because they are descriptive and pretty simple to use.

No wonder they have all been succesful so far.
I am on the business area from more than four years and I have saw a number of businesses and projects with more attractive names but they are not alive till now the reason is that the developers/owners of that projects were not much expert, intelligent or active to give support to their brands. The reason of the success of your mentioned brands are the hard works of the owners.

Yes I didnt said that all brands will be automatically succesful just for the name alone, but a good name adds some advantages.

It's easier for consumers to memorize a simple, spot on, descriptive brand name, than something that is abstract, long, hard to pronounce, or it doesn't rhyme.

All advertisements usually teaches you the brand name by making the ad more rhyming.

I can see BTC ads on the TV showing ads where a music is playing and some catchy rhyming slogan is told to the watchers.

But if you have a shitty ad that is boring, then it will be less succesful.

You can also see that most corporations that a holdings, usually only advertise one of their subsidiaries that have a  good brand, while not focusing on the parent company because their name is too hard to pronounce. Or they just focus on one of their trademarks.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p2607

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:43:09 PM

My prediction: Bitcoin will be the leader for quite some time, but I think a better developped independent cryptocurrency with more features will eventually surpass Bitcoin in the future.
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:01:50 PM

Bitcoin's hype started and keeps getting bigger and bigger. There's no exception to all coins, but since the economy is based on BTC gold the value will surely be without contrast. In no way is BTC ever falling, other coins seem to not be able to hold price-points. No matter the reasoning, the hierarchy will adjust the lesser according to how Bitcoin grows.

PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Bitcoin's name is cool and to-the-point, but I can imagine other, good-sounding names too for possible crypto coins, names that point to the idea. A coin's name should sound good because people will use it much, assuming the coin will be a #1 success, but in most cases it will be used as an abbreviation anyway so the more important factor is pointing to the idea and the idea should be simply explainable and attractive.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6127

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:05:51 PM

"Bitcoin" is indeed a very good name for a crypto-currency. But there are already some other existing cryptocurrency names that are interesting and nearly on the same "quality level". (I talk here only about the names, nothing more).

"Monero" is an example. The name leads to associations with "money" or "coins" in many world languages: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and even German. That's an advantage versus Bitcoin, although Monero lacks the connection to "bits and bytes".

"Peercoin" is also a very good name, because it relates to the Peer to Peer principle. In my opinion, it's on the same level than "Bitcoin".

"Ethereum" is also not bad. It sounds a bit "nerdish", but the name looks like that of a precious metal or a rare chemical element.

Dash, NXT, NEM, Ripple and Steem are particularly bad names. Also "Bytecoin": In my opinion, it sounds like a copycat. If there is a Bitcoin established as a brand, then "Bytecoin" will be to Bitcoin as Adibass to Adidas, for example Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deadpoolx

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:06:57 PM

This is something that helps the currency in terms of marketing, mainly because it is a name that combines terms related to currency and technology. But even if Bitcoin had a different name, there would still be a lot of interest from users, as the currency would continue fulfilling its purpose and would continue to solve real-world problems.
pt

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

My prediction: Bitcoin will be the leader for quite some time, but I think a better developped independent cryptocurrency with more features will eventually surpass Bitcoin in the future.

I agree, but it will be a very long time from now. Bitcoin will always hold value, unless something happens it was the first crypto.

FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:19:31 PM

Bitcoin is number one in cryptocurrency, Not because the name of bitcoin is the best name of cryptocurrency, because it's the first one in market of CryptoC and peoples trust it slowly until now, Nowadays There is a large comunity of bitcoin.

p2607

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:44:32 PM

Yes exactly. Bitcoin is now widely used and people stepping into the world of cryptocurrency will first 'meet' the big Bitcoin before they will know of other coins.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 01:53:14 AM

As far as i know because bitcoin is the first crypto currency , bitcoin appears since 2009 And had underestimated but now everyone has recognized the valuable of bitcoin. Bitcoin also so popular as the top of crypto currency because the others crypto currency just follow the way which have been made by bitcoin.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

dfox101

Activity: 551

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:23:29 AM

Bitcoin will always be the first because there are large number of people supporting it. Also there are powerful interests groups supporting it. Of course all of this is because bitcoin is the first one in the space.
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 02:38:22 AM

Bitcoin will always be the first because there are large number of people supporting it. Also there are powerful interests groups supporting it. Of course all of this is because bitcoin is the first one in the space.

The big interest groups behind bitcoin are investors, they will not let bitcoin die, they will push bitcoins to all the different domains. As a comparison, altcoins get a lot less investment, that's why they are always small in market cap as compared to BTC.
topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:01:09 AM

For me the reason Bitcoin is number 1 is because of the high trust level in the project. No one will be willing to path with $1000 for a computer code if not that that you are confident you are getting real value for you money, coupled with high trust is the discentralisation of Bitcoin which gives you total control of your money
Dhiva

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:15:03 AM

Well, there is many reasons for this, but for me?
Bitcoin give me a fast transaction solution, and it's anonymous
not like paypal or others.

d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:19:20 AM

As far as i know because bitcoin is the first crypto currency , bitcoin appears since 2009 And had underestimated but now everyone has recognized the valuable of bitcoin. Bitcoin also so popular as the top of crypto currency because the others crypto currency just follow the way which have been made by bitcoin.
Well, the fact of being the first cryptocurrency is something that gives a lot of advantages to Bitcoin, but surely that is only one aspect... What really makes Bitcoin to have the value it has at the moment is the fact that the technology works efficiently, and with a level of decentralization not reached by other currencies. In addition, there is a team of dedicated developers, who contributed to Bitcoin being what it is today.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 03:38:17 AM

The reason why btcoin is number one is becuase, it is the pioneer of digital currency, it is the one that introduced new currency to the world, and now bitcoin is the stronger crypto currency, so everyone prefer to used bitcoin
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:48:56 AM

I guess that is one of the reasons that Bitcoin is number one. But a lot of people don't even know about Bitcoin so the name doesn't really make a difference.
p2607

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:36:45 AM

I agree that the name isn't really a factor why it is 'a good coin'. Of course it makes a little difference. I don't think people will be interested in 'PoopCoins' or anything like that Grin
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

The reason why bitcoin occupies the top spot is because bitcoin already has an established market - a large community of adopters; a feat that other cryptos have not yet achieved. It continues to gain popularity because to date, it's the main crypto used to reward participants for instance in crypto campaigns; merchants that accept bitcoin are growing in number, and in trading sites, it's like the base currency in a trading pair...
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 12:00:14 PM

Bitcoin's hype started and keeps getting bigger and bigger. There's no exception to all coins, but since the economy is based on BTC gold the value will surely be without contrast. In no way is BTC ever falling, other coins seem to not be able to hold price-points. No matter the reasoning, the hierarchy will adjust the lesser according to how Bitcoin grows.

Many of those crypto currencies which appeared after bitcoin are already disappeared from the market. And many new ones will appear. But I doubt that any of it will be able to repeat the success of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: