Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:47:28 AM

The global supply for this batch seems so small. If you want to buy l3+, PM me.
I wouldn't even pay $2,280.00 for a unit that will not even ship until after many 1000's of others have shipped and slammed the network. If you want to sell it for what it's worth by December I'll buy it. That would be $1,272.00. PM me. People that are flocking to buy these for $2,280.00 are smoking crack.

I don't understand where your overly dramatic difficulty predictions come from. Do you just say that to try and get a cheaper price on the miners? There's no way anyone is selling you their L3+ for $2280, let alone your ludicrous asking price of $1272.

Look at the difficulty since the end of August when people started receiving and firing up their miners from the August/September batch that people had to pre-order back in June - which was a huge batch iirc. The difficulty didn't even double! There has only been one large batch since then, and two smaller ones. Worst - extremely worst - case scenario is that the difficult doubles from where it's at now, in which case mining with the L3+ would still be insanely profitable relative to any traditional sense of investing. Us miners are spoiled with insane ROI numbers. We shoot for 30% ROI per month when any other form of investment doesn't even see 30% per year.

LTC difficulty is now at 633k. I know that you know that previous to this batch, 3 days ago, Bitmain sold 18k units. All you need to do is look at BTC and you can easily extrapolate the future scenario for Alt Coin mining. Sometime in the near future, you will make $300.00 p/machine per month. Just look at the types of people posting in here. They don't have the slightest clue what they are doing. I spent 30 years trading and constructing institutional hedge strategies in the financial markets for JP Morgan, Merril Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse etc etc. I have a little experience with this type of herd mentality. I was paid very large amounts of money to extract risk from these firm's portfolios. This is like any other business. When all the sheep come pouring in for the "easy money" it portends at least corrective changes. $1,272.00 ludicrous?Huh That's what I paid for the batch I'm currently running. Not "ludicrous" at all. Last month I skipped the D3 batch that went for $2,595.00 and bought into the very next one for $1,600.00. It's all about cost. It's all about value and it's all about being rational. Paying $2,280.00 for the L3+ in the current dynamic, is none of those things.

Lastly, this is a high risk business. There is MUCH more in play here than just those ROI calculators everyone relies so heavily on. In trading,  we have a term called "edge". If you have the "edge", you can survive. If you give up the "edge" you are just meat for those that have it. Buying L3+ for $2,280.00 is absolutely giving up ANY edge. Just trying to help. Take it for what it's worth.

While I don't doubt your assessment here, I must point out that current difficulty takes into account that Bitmain has the miners hashing at their site.  Thus, no dramatic increase as they sell them, rather a lull in the total hashrate as they ship them out.  Just my theory.   

Wouldn't you see a temporary decrease in hash rate and a subsequent equal increase in hash rate? Looking at the difficulty charts, it seems to just stair-step its way higher without any decrease.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:07:23 AM

I bitched publicly to Bitmain on twitter about the buying experience today,
This is their response:

"BITMAIN‏
Verified account
 @BITMAINtech  4h
4 hours ago

More
We are upgrading our servers to improve the experience of our website users. Expect a smoother experience very soon. Thanks for the feedback!"

well that sounds like a bunch of 'hooey' to me ...they are likely gonna do zip as long as they sell out within an hour or so...why spend the massive amounts

needed to upgrade the site ..to take the massive amounts needed to cut your sales from 1-2 hours of traffic jam...to 1/2 hour of better performance

they are just gonna continue to wing it and hope it hangs together imho

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:51:37 AM

Yes resale value is VERY VERY good. Mine before the next batch and ship it = max profit.
Well of course assuming you are in the early batches.

Not true, even the later batches which technically is now are selling very well. The snippet you taken above was in reference to you saying your impression was that ASIC's resale values are very poor.

Machines that are less than 50% the power of the l3+ are pulling over £2400+ at the moment and they are well over 1 year old.

BranNutz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:24:52 AM

Any idea when the next batch will be released?
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:16:46 AM

Any idea when the next batch will be released?
'

L3 was just sold couple days ago. Probably 2-3 weeks from then.
coinut

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:01:24 AM

I tried to order some L3+ the last batch and I could not get through to add any to my order, spent about 30 min trying.. The frustration is off the charts when ever I try to participate with these preorder's. For a company making millions from a near monopoly of the asic hardware business I am surprised that bitmain still has not fixed there website.

Bitmain ! upgrade your shitty web server, tight c Lips sealed 's

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

Yes resale value is VERY VERY good. Mine before the next batch and ship it = max profit.
Well of course assuming you are in the early batches.

Not true, even the later batches which technically is now are selling very well. The snippet you taken above was in reference to you saying your impression was that ASIC's resale values are very poor.

Machines that are less than 50% the power of the l3+ are pulling over £2400+ at the moment and they are well over 1 year old.
That is great news. Thanks. I pay very low KW/h so the older units are a great option for me. Sometimes you can find hobby miners that are dumping their servers because they can't make money at their rates. A friend of mine bought a truck load of S7's, (A pick-up truck ) for a song. $286.00 per unit. Smokin deal!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
shoaib39

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

Fuck man.....What L3+ Miner is this...... Worst.... Hardware..... Its Damage very fast.....
My 1st Hashing board was stop working theni repair tickets and send it to Bitmain with DHL Courier,
After this on my L3+ was running on 3 Hashing board, Its working fine and from 3 days i getting error in one hashing board,
on today few Hours ago, HW error showing board,  getting xxx on asic status.
Like this  -> oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo ooooxxxx

near by 1 week ago i sent my 1st hashing board to.... Bitmain warranty. And now another board getting Problem.
 Undecided Undecided Undecided

Hardware is not proper, bitmain sucks monkey, I pray for everyone L3+ miner should get any problems. Because Bitmain warranty,
systems also not proper takes soo much time, over 1 months.

I was in soo much tension, miner is only 20 days old, getting soo much problems, ROI not recovered,  Guys if You want to invest money, You can think this all before buy......

Its luck by chance...
 Huh
 Undecided
BenRickert

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:32:59 PM

Fuck man.....What L3+ Miner is this...... Worst.... Hardware..... Its Damage very fast.....
My 1st Hashing board was stop working theni repair tickets and send it to Bitmain with DHL Courier,
After this on my L3+ was running on 3 Hashing board, Its working fine and from 3 days i getting error in one hashing board,
Like this  -> oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo ooooxxxx

near by 1 week ago i sent my 1st hashing board to.... Bitmain warranty. And now another board getting Problem.

Hardware is not proper, bitmain sucks monkey, I pray for everyone L3+ miner should get any problems. Because Bitmain warranty,

I was in soo much tension, miner is only 20 days old, getting soo much problems, ROI not recovered,  Guys if You want to invest money, You can think this all before buy......

Its luck by chance...
 Huh
 Undecided
What were your chip temps?

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:37:49 PM

My L3+ (right out of the box) yeilded only 26 of the 72 asics.
Im confused by the return process though, sais I need to enter the shipping details while I enter the ticket, but I have to enter the ticket in order to get the shipping details.
How does this work?
shoaib39

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:23:24 PM

Its luck by chance...
 Huh
 Undecided

My board temperature is 60 to 64
BenRickert

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:26:38 PM

Its luck by chance...
 Huh
 Undecided
Chip temps usually run 5 degrees higher so that shouldn't have been the problem. Sorry to hear this man. That definitely sucks.

My board temperature is 60 to 64

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:59:37 PM

My temps are fine, but I still only had 26 chips showing up on hashboard 2.
Has anyone gone through the return process?
I could use some help figuring how how to fill out the forms.

Chain#ASIC#FrequencyMH/S(RT)HWTemp(PCB)Temp(Chip)ASIC status
172384126.107I:0O:53I:0O:59
372384125.4415I:0O:52I:0O:59
472384125.500I:0O:50I:0O:58
shoaib39

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:46:15 PM

My temps are fine, but I still only had 26 chips showing up on hashboard 2.
Has anyone gone through the return process?
I could use some help figuring how how to fill out the forms.

Chain#ASIC#FrequencyMH/S(RT)HWTemp(PCB)Temp(Chip)ASIC status
172384126.107I:0O:53I:0O:59
372384125.4415I:0O:52I:0O:59
472384125.500I:0O:50I:0O:58

1st Write to support, if they told you to send return Hashing board, with send process and information.

By the way, this is link you can follw this process
https://cnshop.bitmain.com/workOrderGuide.htm

But Website is under Maintenance.
Note: shop.bitmain.com is being upgraded from 8PM on 8 September to 6PM on 10 September (GMT+8). We thank you for your patience and request that you come back later.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

Follow the official repair guide carefully.

When it comes to inserting the tracking number in the repair ticket,
i's easier when you buy a prepaid shipping label for the package.

Bitmain shop is in maintenance mode, but I was able to find you the guide in Google webcache https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:b0e1O6KjwpgJ:https://shop.bitmain.com/workOrderGuide.htm

Albortz

Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:54:06 PM

I am so confused about one of my L3+

1) Shows me Socket Connect Failure

I contact Bitmain they tell me its the control board and I need to reset it. I do as told, reset the miner virtually, then via the reset  button, next I try to flash a new firmware and new image, nothing is working. The damn thing is rebooting automatically every 3 minutes.

2)

I order a new control board, drive hours to the datacenter, replace it hook it up on a PSU of another customer (mine was still in the rack), it runs for 10 minutes, all chips are ok, no failure message, no reboots all great.

3)

We install it back in the rack, hook it up to my PSU, it runs for 15 minutes and starts messing again. Me driving back to the center, the damn thing turns off completely. Our guess, the PSU is damaged

4)

Today  I bought a new PSU and thought lets try it again, I installed the old control board, used the old PSU, its running fine for 20 minutes before all dashboards tell me (0MHs RT)

I replace the board again, with the new one, the miner works another 30 min before the rate drops to 300. I turn the miner on the side like it would be in the rack (multiple miners stacked on top of each other) and the rate drops to 0 again.

I reboot it and now the miner runs perfectly...

WHY did it not run when I was in the datacenter and replaced the control board? why did it power of completely when the PSU is working perfectly today....

Took me already 3 weeks with the miner not running...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:00:14 PM

I ran 1 L3+ on Prohashing and 1 on Nicehash for 24 hours. Prohashing generated $32, Nicehash $36. Are you guys getting similar numbers?
VuValley

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:05:13 PM

I had one of L3+ ship with a bad control board. Contacted Bitmain about the issue and they responded that they will be shipping out a replacement board for me. Anyone ever had a similar experience? What was the time frame for a replacement part to arrive? Havent received an updated response from Bitmain concerning shipping & its costly & sad to see an L3+ gather dust.
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:23:57 PM

I had one of L3+ ship with a bad control board. Contacted Bitmain about the issue and they responded that they will be shipping out a replacement board for me. Anyone ever had a similar experience? What was the time frame for a replacement part to arrive? Havent received an updated response from Bitmain concerning shipping & its costly & sad to see an L3+ gather dust.
The rear fan on my L3+ was not working when I received it on 20th July, I shipped it out for replacement soon after, until today I still haven't received anything from them yet.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:01:56 PM

The rear fan on my L3+ was not working when I received it on 20th July, I shipped it out for replacement soon after, until today I still haven't received anything from them yet.

Just a fan? Board issue? I hate to ship it out and lose out on profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: