Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206345 times)
prince_igor

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:09:07 PM

Hello Colleagues.
I must that I am not really good in scripting so my overall image when trying to do something according to tutorials does not seem to work out.
A month ago I begin mining ETH. I managed to get a lot of experience regarding ETH mining and I have a 8 GPU rig mining ETH.
I have now 2 x Vega 56 GPU with an AM4 motherboard and an A8 9600 APU.I managed today to make both of my Vega 56 to work on this motherboard (Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3) as my second GPU was getting Error 12 (Not enough resources allocated) - just in case someone drops into this problem: the solution is - exactly the solution to the same problems with AMD GPU's that get trouble to be detected...disable the 4G Decoding. It worked for me like a charm.
Now I have a problem: I run the cast_xmr-vega (run file) but it only detect GPU 0, where is my GPU 1?
How can I enable it.
As Cast XMR runs only on one GPU? Please help.
Thank you.
zeef

Activity: 297

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:15:40 AM

Hello Colleagues.
I must that I am not really good in scripting so my overall image when trying to do something according to tutorials does not seem to work out.
A month ago I begin mining ETH. I managed to get a lot of experience regarding ETH mining and I have a 8 GPU rig mining ETH.
I have now 2 x Vega 56 GPU with an AM4 motherboard and an A8 9600 APU.I managed today to make both of my Vega 56 to work on this motherboard (Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3) as my second GPU was getting Error 12 (Not enough resources allocated) - just in case someone drops into this problem: the solution is - exactly the solution to the same problems with AMD GPU's that get trouble to be detected...disable the 4G Decoding. It worked for me like a charm.
Now I have a problem: I run the cast_xmr-vega (run file) but it only detect GPU 0, where is my GPU 1?
How can I enable it.
As Cast XMR runs only on one GPU? Please help.
Thank you.

Just add in script :  -G 0,1,2,3,4  (n+1 - for your number of gpu cards)

in your case:   -G 0,1

cast_xmr-vega --fastjobswitch -S pool.etn.spacepools.org:7777 -u your wallet -G 0,1

fastjobswitch for dont have a lot of outdated shares Smiley
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:05:44 AM

Anyone know if there's a way to get this miner working with a Vega FE? Would prefer this one over Stak, just thought I'd ask.
Aris_Eng

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:32:56 AM

So.. to sum it up, in order to keep the rig running all the time, after every restart and so on..

First, this is how my Cast XMR folder looks like, with Cast XMR, devcon and OverdriveNTool inside:

https://s18.postimg.org/d456tnk7d/Capture.jpg

Below is the bat file content (Mine.bat, which calls itself when the timer expires). I start numbering the Vegas with r1 and p1 to work with OverdriveNTool because I use the Intel iGPU. If you don't use an iGPU they should be numbered starting from r0 and p0.

cd
devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
devcon.exe enable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -p1Vega56 -p2Vega56 -p3Vega56 -p4Vega56 -p5Vega56 -p6Vega56
timeout /t 1
cd

@echo off

echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Restarts the miner every 40 minutes //you can set it to your own liking
echo:

set executable=cast_xmr-vega.exe
set commandline=  -G 0,1,2,3,4,5 -S xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -u YourWalletAddress.RigNameOfYourChoice %*
set runforseconds=2400
set restartinseconds=2
set /a counter=0
timeout 2
:start
start "cast_xmr-vega" %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The program is going to run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %executable%
cd
Mine.bat
echo:
echo Restarting the app in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start

If you want your rig running ALL the time without you having to do anything even if you restart Windows or the computer powers off, you can call your own bat when Windows starts and you can automate the login process in Windows, following these steps:

Step 1: Configure BIOS Settings to power on the computer automatically if for whatever reason power is lost
Before we even get to Windows, make sure your mining computer’s BIOS settings are in order. Power on your computer, and press the “delete” key a few times immediately after power on. You should end up in the BIOS configuration area. Do the following, then save & exit:
Change power options so that the computer automatically turns itself on whenever power is restored. The reason for this is two-fold: first, it’ll make sure that your miner automatically starts up after a power outage. Second, it makes powering the computer on much easier if you don’t happen to have a power switch connected to the motherboard.
Disable all components that you don’t plan to use. This might save a little bit of power, and since your miner will likely be running 24/7, it’ll add up. For me, that meant disabling onboard audio, the USB 3.0 ports, one of the SATA controllers, the Firewire port, and the serial port.
If you’re running a lot of GPUs (4+), additional tweaks might be necessary to ensure that they’re all recognized by the OS. Exact tweaks vary by motherboard, but setting the PCIe speed to Gen1 is usually a good place to start. No need to change anything now, but make a mental note that you may need to come back and play around a bit if all of your GPUs don’t show up in the OS later.

Step 2: Configure automatic login
If you’re building a dedicated mining rig, then you probably want your mining rig to boot up and start mining automatically, without any user intervention. We’ll need to enable auto-login for that to be possible.
Right-click on the Start Menu and select “Run”. Type “netplwiz” (without the quotes) at the prompt, and click “ok”.
Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
Click “Apply”. You’ll be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.

Step 3: Configure your miner to start automatically
We want our rig to automatically start mining whenever it’s powered on or rebooted. That way, we keep mining losses to a minimum whenever a power outage occurs, and we don’t have to worry about manually starting it back up in other situations.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you created “mine.bat” in the previous step.
Right-click on your mine.bat file, and pick “Copy”.
Now, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (should be something like C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).
Right-click anywhere on the empty background of the Startup folder and select “Paste shortcut”.
You should see a shortcut to your mine.bat file appear in the startup folder. Windows should automatically execute it upon bootup.

Note: This simple methods don't deal with hash rate drops you can experience when switching the VGA output on your iGPU and so on, there is the JJ script for that, but I don't experience that. This mostly works for rigs running 24/7 at home or remotely via Chrome Remote Desktop.

Just wanted to say thank you for this mate; had most of the steps automated myself, other than the auto-restart which I now have from you, so thanks again!
bytiges

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:49:53 PM

I have  a 8 card Vega56 rig that has been rock-solid on cast-xmr 0.6 and 0.8

A few days ago I enabled fastswitching in 0.8 and now I have occasional lock-ups where the cards keep mining (produce heat) but cast-xmr is locked up and sends no shares to the pool.

A hard reset is necessary to recover.

Is this only me or a known problem?
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:42:31 PM

I have  a 8 card Vega56 rig that has been rock-solid on cast-xmr 0.6 and 0.8

A few days ago I enabled fastswitching in 0.8 and now I have occasional lock-ups where the cards keep mining (produce heat) but cast-xmr is locked up and sends no shares to the pool.

A hard reset is necessary to recover.

Is this only me or a known problem?

I've had this happen before but I dont remember what caused it.  I just reduced overclock a bit and upped the fan speeds, and never saw that problem again.  I do see a 511c bug once in a while but I have not been able to fix it since it happens very rarely.
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:51:06 PM

I've had this happen before but I dont remember what caused it.  I just reduced overclock a bit and upped the fan speeds, and never saw that problem again.  I do see a 511c bug once in a while but I have not been able to fix it since it happens very rarely.
Thanks. I haven't seen it before. The rig is quite optimized, pushing ~15700H/s so if it becomes a problem I'll dial down a little the cards.
Stodd

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:22 AM

Since I own a Vega 56 I wanted to give it a try in mining when I am not gaming. I have the  latest drivers Adrenaline 17.12.2 and when I try to turn on the miner it says this:

[12:15:29] Could not autodetect AMD OpenCL plattform, please specifiy with --opencl=?

I assume my drivers are too new for this or something, can someone spare a couple of min and explain how to do this?
bapohka

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:38:49 AM

Since I own a Vega 56 I wanted to give it a try in mining when I am not gaming. I have the  latest drivers Adrenaline 17.12.2 and when I try to turn on the miner it says this:

[12:15:29] Could not autodetect AMD OpenCL plattform, please specifiy with --opencl=?

I assume my drivers are too new for this or something, can someone spare a couple of min and explain how to do this?
use something like this in .bat file
cast_xmr-vega -S eu1.karbo.farm:5555 -u YOUR_WALLET -p x -I 9 --opencl 0 -G 0 %*

--opencl if will not work in such mode - change in .bat to 1. Well, it has only two options))
-G 0 is for selecting your GPU. If it is one in system, so nothing to change. If there are 2 or more, so you need to use -G 1(if you want choose one of several) or -G 0,1,3(to choose all needed GPUs) and so on
But with adrenaline driver it will not be such good as with blockchain drivers
Stodd

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:08:41 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 12:24:57 PM by Stodd

Since I own a Vega 56 I wanted to give it a try in mining when I am not gaming. I have the  latest drivers Adrenaline 17.12.2 and when I try to turn on the miner it says this:

use something like this in .bat file
cast_xmr-vega -S eu1.karbo.farm:5555 -u YOUR_WALLET -p x -I 9 --opencl 0 -G 0 %*

--opencl if will not work in such mode - change in .bat to 1. Well, it has only two options))
-G 0 is for selecting your GPU. If it is one in system, so nothing to change. If there are 2 or more, so you need to use -G 1(if you want choose one of several) or -G 0,1,3(to choose all needed GPUs) and so on
But with adrenaline driver it will not be such good as with blockchain drivers

I changed the bat file like you said (putting my wallet address) and now i receive this:
[12:58:50] Initializing GPU, loading kernel ...
[12:58:50] [Suspicious link removed]pute Driver NOT detected.     <----bl0ckch@in c0mPUTE (forum removes that phrase idk why)

By installing the AMD [Suspicious link removed]pute Driver upto 70% higher hash
rates can be achieved. For more info check http://www.gandalph3000.com

GPU0: gfx900 | 56 Compute Units | Memory (MB): 8176
[12:58:50] Connecting to eu1.karbo.farm:5555 ...
[12:58:51] Connected to pool.
[12:58:51] SOCKET ERROR - invalid address used for login
[12:58:51] SOCKET ERROR - RECEIVE error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
[12:58:51] Connecting to Pool failed. Retrying in 20 secs ...
[12:59:10] Connecting to eu1.karbo.farm:5555 ...

EDIT: I managed to make it work on de02.supportxmr.com:5555, but the hashrate is 1200 H/s so I'll give these blockchain drivers a try today
flashsam

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:22:07 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 03:05:10 PM by flashsam

me to 1200 h/s. driver 17.12.2
Goldenbunip

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:05 PM

me to 1200 h/s. driver 17.12.2

1200h is about standard before you "restart" the drivers when using Blockchain. Try stopping the miner, open crimson, toggle the "HBCC" switch and apply. Wait for the Crimson to reinitialise and then start Cast.
That how you get 2k+ on Blockchain.

Goldenbunip

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:28:52 PM

UPDATE on my overclocking.

Cast 0.8
Blockchain drivers
2 system, 1 card per system, both Powercolor Vega 64s with EK water blocks: Win 10, 16GB ddr3 large pagefiles on SSDs.
Vega 64 Watercooled. System 1 holds 50C system 2 holds 35-40C at full mining. 

Card 1: power +10%, Core -30% (1164): HBM 1150 = 2015Hs average.

CARD 2: power +50% Core -30% (1164): HBM 1190 = 2200Hs average.  Grin Grin

Both cards have accepted SOC timings registry mods to the SOC timings at 1200. This has allowed both cards to hit 1950 memory speeds. However rig1 has a weaker cooling, (single 240rad and 2 week 120 fans) so had the throttle back to keep the core temp below 50C. Above this temp the rig hashes lower (1900)
Rig 2 has 3 120rads, 6 120 corsair fans and a massive pump, so is set to 40C and have lots of headroom on that loop.

The two cards do not play nicely with each other, else they would both be on Rig2s mega loop. Both at standard voltages at the moment.

Next steps, this Saturdays modding session: I have a reg mod for SOC 1300. Which, if the SOC will go that high stable will allow me to see if I can get the HBM past 1190.
RIGED

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:04:55 AM

do tell
C0 D4 to what? Cheesy

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
spoofykys

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:57:19 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 04:23:14 AM by spoofykys

"opencl index 1 does not exist"

tried opencl 0, 1, 2 & 3

i have an r9 390 8gigs.. but want to use this miner.

i'm assuming this miner only works with vega (and the listed) cards.. but surely not the r9 390?

currently getting 750 h/s with xmr stak amd. suggestions anyone? thanks
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:57:21 AM

So.. to sum it up, in order to keep the rig running all the time, after every restart and so on..

First, this is how my Cast XMR folder looks like, with Cast XMR, devcon and OverdriveNTool inside:

https://s18.postimg.org/d456tnk7d/Capture.jpg

Below is the bat file content (Mine.bat, which calls itself when the timer expires). I start numbering the Vegas with r1 and p1 to work with OverdriveNTool because I use the Intel iGPU. If you don't use an iGPU they should be numbered starting from r0 and p0.

cd
devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
devcon.exe enable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -p1Vega56 -p2Vega56 -p3Vega56 -p4Vega56 -p5Vega56 -p6Vega56
timeout /t 1
cd

@echo off

echo Restarts the miner every 40 minutes //you can set it to your own liking
echo:

set executable=cast_xmr-vega.exe
set commandline=  -G 0,1,2,3,4,5 -S xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -u YourWalletAddress.RigNameOfYourChoice %*
set runforseconds=2400
set restartinseconds=2
set /a counter=0
timeout 2
:start
start "cast_xmr-vega" %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The program is going to run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %executable%
cd
Mine.bat
echo:
echo Restarting the app in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start

If you want your rig running ALL the time without you having to do anything even if you restart Windows or the computer powers off, you can call your own bat when Windows starts and you can automate the login process in Windows, following these steps:

Step 1: Configure BIOS Settings to power on the computer automatically if for whatever reason power is lost
Before we even get to Windows, make sure your mining computer’s BIOS settings are in order. Power on your computer, and press the “delete” key a few times immediately after power on. You should end up in the BIOS configuration area. Do the following, then save & exit:
Change power options so that the computer automatically turns itself on whenever power is restored. The reason for this is two-fold: first, it’ll make sure that your miner automatically starts up after a power outage. Second, it makes powering the computer on much easier if you don’t happen to have a power switch connected to the motherboard.
Disable all components that you don’t plan to use. This might save a little bit of power, and since your miner will likely be running 24/7, it’ll add up. For me, that meant disabling onboard audio, the USB 3.0 ports, one of the SATA controllers, the Firewire port, and the serial port.
If you’re running a lot of GPUs (4+), additional tweaks might be necessary to ensure that they’re all recognized by the OS. Exact tweaks vary by motherboard, but setting the PCIe speed to Gen1 is usually a good place to start. No need to change anything now, but make a mental note that you may need to come back and play around a bit if all of your GPUs don’t show up in the OS later.

Step 2: Configure automatic login
If you’re building a dedicated mining rig, then you probably want your mining rig to boot up and start mining automatically, without any user intervention. We’ll need to enable auto-login for that to be possible.
Right-click on the Start Menu and select “Run”. Type “netplwiz” (without the quotes) at the prompt, and click “ok”.
Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
Click “Apply”. You’ll be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.

Step 3: Configure your miner to start automatically
We want our rig to automatically start mining whenever it’s powered on or rebooted. That way, we keep mining losses to a minimum whenever a power outage occurs, and we don’t have to worry about manually starting it back up in other situations.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you created “mine.bat” in the previous step.
Right-click on your mine.bat file, and pick “Copy”.
Now, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (should be something like C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).
Right-click anywhere on the empty background of the Startup folder and select “Paste shortcut”.
You should see a shortcut to your mine.bat file appear in the startup folder. Windows should automatically execute it upon bootup.

Note: This simple methods don't deal with hash rate drops you can experience when switching the VGA output on your iGPU and so on, there is the JJ script for that, but I don't experience that. This mostly works for rigs running 24/7 at home or remotely via Chrome Remote Desktop.

Just wanted to say thank you for this mate; had most of the steps automated myself, other than the auto-restart which I now have from you, so thanks again!

Once you get your "Run" .bat pointed to your edited CastMonitor file (modified version of JJ's script from vegaminingblog), you can copy that Run .bat file to this directory as well:

Go to Windows search field at the bottom left of your screen.
Type in "shell:startup"
Now copy over a copy of your Run CastMonitor .bat file into the "shell:startup" folder.
In your bios, as mentioned, set your computer to start up after a power interruption.

If your computer reboots, it will launch your CastMonitor script and Cast.exe as more or less explained by CircusDad.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:26:56 AM

Looking at the last and fewer than usual posts, it seems that almost everybody got on top of their "gremlins" with the Vegas and Cast.
This thread has been rich of information and has helped out a lot of people including myself.

Anyway, I have only a small rig with 4 Vegas and a RX580, a few weeks ago I was already able to mine almost free of problems. I had followed Circus Daddy guide almost to the letter and got me in a good shape.
I did not have any hashes drop and I had top performance, yet once in a while I was still having some occasional freeze and crashes. The rig could go on for 12 hours or more with everything looking good, then there was a sudden crash or freeze. Initially I was able to mitigate the problem using the batch restart that almost anyone is using, but I wanted to get rid of this problem as well and get it to work without restart as some of the more experienced posters of this thread has been able to do.

There was one thing that i had overlooked and it was the BIOS settings of the PCI slots on my motherboard. I did not look in to those, because my motherboard manufacturer claimed that it was supposed to work for mining without any tweak out of the box (It is an AsRock 110H). It may have been the case for mining with Claymore on Ethereum on which it could go on for days without an itch, but not for Cryptonight mining.
So i changed the PCI slots setting on the MB BIOS from AUTO to GEN 1, and since then it never crashed again. It has been  working even for 3/4 days in a row without an issue and any restart.

So if some of you may still have some random crashes, while the rig is performing perfectly, this may be something to look in to. I know this is a setting tweak that is not mentioned very often and some may not be aware of.

Cheers!
crush

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:25:18 PM

Vega could have 2Kh for XMR, that's really good speed, what about other coin like BTX, DeepOnion X13, and ETH

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
kristikun

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:30:43 PM

Hello Last few days i have problem conecting to Nicehash eu server getting socket error but on my other rig its working just fine also when i connect to usa port  it works
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:40:43 PM

Vega could have 2Kh for XMR, that's really good speed, what about other coin like BTX, DeepOnion X13, and ETH
it is not general vega mining thread
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: