Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:43:39 PM

I wrote already to BTC-e support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard: http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home

Done, lets get as many people on board as possible. This was my ticket:

"I strongly believe because we need inflationary/deflationary pressures in a monetary base that something like Devcoin will take off for many reasons. It is devalued because people have not realized the economic potential of the coin, and instead play speculative positions based on a deflationary system that perhaps has limited potential in the world for mass adoption.

Please add devcoin, I would like to use your exchange to offer many people to start using it. It will help greatly in our projects to direct customers to be able to convert fiat as well as adding credibility to the name itself.

Thanks,
Jag"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:40:37 PM

Is each share worth 45K DVC or are these partials? I swear I read a share was 180K coins for this round, I searched back but can't see it. Can someone clarify? Are these quarter-shares?

I don't think anyone knows how much each share for round 25 is worth yet.

Round 24 was 149,500 give or take a few hundred coins.  That was the lowest round so who knows where round 25 is now.  It could be 45,000 coins if we had tons of new writers come on board.  

It would be nice to have an idea how many shares we're looking at for this round.

I actually meant round 24, so if i had 40 shares, would I be getting 40x149500? So far i've gotten ~33 payments at 45K each, just wondering how that worked?

Correct, the blocks are 50,000 each but the miners keep 5,000 which is why you're seeing 45K.

You basically get paid all month long until you're all paid off.  It's kinda nice, like a daily paycheck.

Does anybody know about how many shares are in round 25 yet?  Normally there's a tally done with 1,000 blocks to go but we're past that and I haven't seen anything yet.  TIA.

Ahh gotcha, that makes sense. I noticed another thread that you got paid in the order of the blocks, so 45000 isn't a "share" per-say, rather its the block minted with your addy in it. So I should be expecting 40x14950 total coins, they just come in at 45K coins per payout...right?

I was thinking 40x45K didn't seem to jive with the 40x149.5K but now I see its a limit to the # of coins per block which you can get...anyone correct me if I'm wrong, if not, I'll keep enjoying the payouts Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:45:30 PM

@Shakezula,

Correct, it's 40 times coins per share which was nearly 150,000 per share.  The 45K blocks is just the way the coins show up.

Everything is on the up and up with devcoin.  My friends were telling me I was getting scammed and would never see a single coin but I took my chances and I got paid every coin I ever earned.  Devcoin and devtome are totally legit. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
shakezula

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:47:39 PM

Devcoin and devtome are totally legit.  

I fully agree with you! I love writing on Devtome, just need to get back to it when I finish moving. Thanks for the help mate!

~edit, sent you a tip too Cheesy
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:11:27 PM

I fully agree with you! I love writing on Devtome, just need to get back to it when I finish moving. Thanks for the help mate!

Wow, seriously?  My first tip.  That's cool.  I presume devcoins.  I have a bunch of addresses up but I'll check my devcoin wallet in a bit.  Thanks a lot, didn't expect it.  Glad to help, I had so many questions as a newbie and I still do and some sr members get angry with newbie questions and I don't understand that.  

The bigger the devcoin community grow the better so all newbies should be treated right regardless of their questions.  Not all people understand this stuff - it was all so foreign to me.  

Thanks again and good luck.

shakezula

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

Wow, seriously?  My first tip.  That's cool.  I presume devcoins.  I have a bunch of addresses up but I'll check my devcoin wallet in a bit.  Thanks a lot, didn't expect it.  Glad to help, I had so many questions as a newbie and I still do and some sr members get angry with newbie questions and I don't understand that.  

The bigger the devcoin community grow the better so all newbies should be treated right regardless of their questions.  Not all people understand this stuff - it was all so foreign to me.  

Yep, 10K of DVC, sent to your Devtome addy.  Grin
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:38:25 PM

Yep, 10K of DVC, sent to your Devtome addy.  Grin

Once again thanks again.  I thought maybe a couple K. The gesture means more than anything.  Thanks for being generous and thoughtful.  I hope I can return the favor to someone else soon.  We need more peopl with your character qualities around here.

Check your PM. I wanna return the favor with some advice based on what I've learned here the last 3 months but it would be off topic here.

best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:50:23 AM

I wrote already to BTC-e support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard: http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:

"I strongly believe because we need inflationary/deflationary pressures in a monetary base that something like Devcoin will take off for many reasons. It is devalued because people have not realized the economic potential of the coin, and instead play speculative positions based on a deflationary system that perhaps has limited potential in the world for mass adoption.

Please add devcoin, I would like to use your exchange to offer many people to start using it. It will help greatly in our projects to direct customers to be able to convert fiat as well as adding credibility to the name itself.

Thanks,
Jag"

We can make requests to add DVC everyday, it really is the least we could do. I did mine today as well. If their management hears it more often, they will eventually move towards it.

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:53:38 AM

It'd be nice if everyone wasn't selling out too. Prices are dropping quickly and there are big walls on the buy side beating eaten up, Sad.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
best_btc

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:07:22 AM

and also Mtgox:

Thanks,
Jag"

We can make requests to add DVC everyday, it really is the least we could do. I did mine today as well. If their management hears it more often, they will eventually move towards it.

got this today from mtgox:
Hello,

Thank you for the email. There are plans to implement other crypto-currencies in the future, however none of these are currently confirmed."

We'll do an official announce a bit later once we're done with testing.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team"

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
metazilla

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:15:16 AM

how do I get on the developer list? Id liketo take more of a developer and or administrator role as I believe in the long term potential of dvc. I write software for a living.

Are you talking about becoming a devcoin developer or earning devcoins for a separate open source project? If you want to earn devcoins for open source development there are instructions in the first post of the thread:

To get on a donation list to receive shares of devcoin, an open source developer should message the share administrator or post in this thread. For more information on developer shares, see the devtome page.

Make sure to check out the devtome page in that quote for the requirements.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:09:39 PM

Looks like round 25 is over.

Can somebody post a total share count so we can figure out how many coins per share this round.

Curious if the share count double again.  Thanks in advance.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:59:41 PM

Ok, so nobody has any idea as to the shares for round 25, what about then the end of the round.

I read several times by reputable guys in here the end of round 25 is 97,300 but in the past there was the "end" and then another 1,000 blocks for the actual literal end. 

Can anybody comment on this?  Is 97,300 the real end or the 1,000 block heads up end?  I wrote only 3 articles all month long, this past month, due to serious family problems, but I really want to get at least a few articles in for this round but I don't know how much time I really have left.

Anyone

Much appreciated. 

Thank you!

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:36:13 PM

318k as of last night: http://d.evco.in/charity/receiver_summary.txt & yes 97,300: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_stats
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 10:43:50 PM

318,000?  What?  That's the value (coins) per share or the number of shares?  No way shares jumped that high, can it be possible?

Thanks for the response.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

Ok, so nobody has any idea as to the shares for round 25, what about then the end of the round.

I read several times by reputable guys in here the end of round 25 is 97,300 but in the past there was the "end" and then another 1,000 blocks for the actual literal end. 

Can anybody comment on this?  Is 97,300 the real end or the 1,000 block heads up end?  I wrote only 3 articles all month long, this past month, due to serious family problems, but I really want to get at least a few articles in for this round but I don't know how much time I really have left.

Anyone

Much appreciated. 

Thank you!

The end is at 97.3k. The other 1k is for making changes as needed (ex. someone should not be getting shares and such due to plagiarism). That time is just so there is a little more leeway for getting things taken care of instead of having people pop in right before the 97,300'th block with their spam in the hopes that they get "locked" into the system before they get caught.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:13:35 PM

Anyone

Much appreciated. 

Thank you!

The end is at 97.3k. The other 1k is for making changes as needed (ex. someone should not be getting shares and such due to plagiarism). That time is just so there is a little more leeway for getting things taken care of instead of having people pop in right before the 97,300'th block with their spam in the hopes that they get "locked" into the system before they get caught.

So is that 1,000 extra blocks already in this 97,300 or will it be added to the 97,300 and so then one can write until 98,300.  In the past there was always a 1,000 block heads up.  TIA.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:19:17 PM

Anyone

Much appreciated. 

Thank you!

So is that 1,000 extra blocks already in this 97,300 or will it be added to the 97,300 and so then one can write until 98,300.  In the past there was always a 1,000 block heads up.  TIA.

Almost positive that the cutoff is 97,300. The extra 1,000 blocks isn't for getting new content in, but rather so if we find discrepancies we can take care of them before the finalization occurs. Otherwise people would go spam the heck out of the site at block 97,290+ so that they could be finalized at 97,300. This gives us a thousand blocks (10 days or so) to go through and see what needs taken care of.

That's my understanding at least. Otherwise they wouldn't say the cutoff is at 97,300 but 98,300, :p.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:25:59 PM

Anyone

Much appreciated. 

Thank you!

Almost positive that the cutoff is 97,300. The extra 1,000 blocks isn't for getting new content in, but rather so if we find discrepancies we can take care of them before the finalization occurs. Otherwise people would go spam the heck out of the site at block 97,290+ so that they could be finalized at 97,300. This gives us a thousand blocks (10 days or so) to go through and see what needs taken care of.

That's my understanding at least. Otherwise they wouldn't say the cutoff is at 97,300 but 98,300, :p.

When I first read devtome 3 months ago it said there was a 1,000 block heads up and during that time you could still write.  That's why I'm not sure if maybe this round that 1,000 block was never announced or if we do get 1,000 more blocks.

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:35:46 AM

I'm boosting the maximum administrator pay from 9% to 10%, because the article admins have stopped scammers and drivel, which would of been more than 10% of the earnings. I don't know how charities keep administration at around 11%, it may be that they count some costs which devcoin considers administrative under other categories.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: