Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:28:43 PM

That is the good news I want to tell everyone but it is delayed till the new version of STEEM blockchain. Stay tunned Wink

What can we expect from Devcoin and STEEM?

First of all happy 2018!!

All devtome users can benefit from it! STEEM is a social publishing platform with its own blockchain, it has two tokens: STEEM and SBD, you get paid 50% STEEM and 50% SBD for your articles after 7 days. The amount you earn is a product of the votes (actually "upvotes") your post managed to attract from other users. Such weight is calculated from the amount of VESTS or "STEEM POWER" each voting users holds, your current Voting Power and the relative market price of SBD/USD pair. Currently 1 SBD worths ~6.5 USD

In short, you make money with "likes" Smiley

Are you interested on becoming a beta user of my new @devcoin project on STEEM and make easy coins? Do this:

- Register a new account in steemit.com
- Authorize @devcoin to vote with your account https://v2.steemconnect.com/authorize/@devcoin (this will help to fund @devcoin)
- Vote for devcoin witness https://v2.steemconnect.com/sign/account-witness-vote?witness=devcoin&approve=1 (this will help to fund @devcoin as well)
- Publish an article in steemit.com with the tag #devcoin (you can also use busy.org to post articles)
- Place your Devcoin Address at the bottom of your post, using this format: @devcoin/MYDEVCOINADDRRESS (example: @devcoin/1DogCa5wiVZJWFnFDezuw5XssoWWabijnE )
- Your post will be voted with a value of ~0.10 SBD (~0.65 USD), this is your reward for being a beta tester!
- Wait up to 24 hours, if your post is not upvoted please send me a private message
- After 7 days, you'll receive 1 Devcoin for every SBD your post got paid
- Voila! You just merged mined Devcoin and STEEM by writing content!

If this experiment goes well I'll add more features and more funds to raise the rewards!

This is looking interesting. I see that it's a different setup than delegating SP to @devcoin. Can you please also post the way to unauthorize @devcoin to vote using one's account? That way, people who want to try it out for a short time will be more comfortable knowing how they can turn it off. I don't post much on Steemit these days, but if I get back to doing that more, I may give this a whirl.

How is progress going on getting Devcoin listed on an exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

That is the good news I want to tell everyone but it is delayed till the new version of STEEM blockchain. Stay tunned Wink

All devtome users can benefit from it! STEEM is a social publishing platform with its own blockchain, it has two tokens: STEEM and SBD, you get paid 50% STEEM and 50% SBD for your articles after 7 days. The amount you earn is a product of the votes (actually "upvotes") your post managed to attract from other users. Such weight is calculated from the amount of VESTS or "STEEM POWER" each voting users holds, your current Voting Power and the relative market price of SBD/USD pair. Currently 1 SBD worths ~6.5 USD

Are you interested on becoming a beta user of my new @devcoin project on STEEM and make easy coins? Do this:

- Authorize @devcoin to vote with your account https://v2.steemconnect.com/authorize/@devcoin (this will help to fund @devcoin)
- Vote for devcoin witness https://v2.steemconnect.com/sign/account-witness-vote?witness=devcoin&approve=1 (this will help to fund @devcoin as well)
- Publish an article in steemit.com with the tag #devcoin (you can also use busy.org to post articles)
- Place your Devcoin Address at the bottom of your post, using this format: @devcoin/MYDEVCOINADDRRESS (example: @devcoin/1DogCa5wiVZJWFnFDezuw5XssoWWabijnE )
- Your post will be voted with a value of ~0.10 SBD (~0.65 USD), this is your reward for being a beta tester!
- Wait up to 24 hours, if your post is not upvoted please send me a private message

If this experiment goes well I'll add more features and more funds to raise the rewards!

This is looking interesting. I see that it's a different setup than delegating SP to @devcoin. Can you please also post the way to unauthorize @devcoin to vote using one's account? That way, people who want to try it out for a short time will be more comfortable knowing how they can turn it off. I don't post much on Steemit these days, but if I get back to doing that more, I may give this a whirl.

Sure thing! You can revoke voting rights to @devcoin with this: https://v2.steemconnect.com/revoke/@devcoin

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:16:01 AM

First post sent to @devcoin in steemit:

https://steemit.com/devcoin/@cpol/this-is-a-test-for-devcoin

NOTE: Please post real articles if you want to get rewards, steemit is a content publishing platform and they promote quality content!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:03:08 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 06:13:48 PM by Qtera

NOTE: Please post real articles if you want to get rewards, steemit is a content publishing platform and they promote quality content!

yeaaah... I was helping you to test it, my bad.

Since there's no restrictions in kind of content in steemit, I'm gonna submit most of them in Spanish from now on.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:25:01 PM

Can we get a noob tutorial on how to set up this Steemit thing (I already have a Steemit account)?

papacrush

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:38 AM

Sure thing! You can revoke voting rights to @devcoin with this: https://v2.steemconnect.com/revoke/@devcoin

If we already have a steemit account, do we need to create an additional account or go through the above process with our current account?
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:59:46 PM

If we already have a steemit account, do we need to create an additional account or go through the above process with our current account?

No, you can use your existing account

develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 10:15:53 PM

Can we get a noob tutorial on how to set up this Steemit thing (I already have a Steemit account)?

Here you have nice intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvL8eq9Ymg

papacrush

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:46:11 PM

No, you can use your existing account

ok, I think I completed all of the steps properly.  Here is the first post I completed using #devcoin.  Should we use #devcoin on future articles as well or is this just for a beta test run?
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 10:05:30 PM

ok, I think I completed all of the steps properly.  Here is the first post I completed using #devcoin.  Should we use #devcoin on future articles as well or is this just for a beta test run?

You got the upvote! Nice post btw Smiley

@devcoin witness will upvote all legit posts with the tag #devcoin. Note that STEEM is proof-of-brain Wink Check the bluepaper: https://steem.io/steem-bluepaper.pdf

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:11:11 PM

You got the upvote! Nice post btw Smiley

@devcoin witness will upvote all legit posts with the tag #devcoin. Note that STEEM is proof-of-brain Wink Check the bluepaper: https://steem.io/steem-bluepaper.pdf

I haven't had time to go through the steps but it looks rather interesting. It's great that you're leveraging Steemit to do this. The more I do with Steemit, and I have a few projects I kind of work on here and there, the more impressed I get with just how powerful it is. Their reward allocation system for basic social networking, though not perfect, is by far the best I've run into anywhere.

Something people who don't write much could look into is MinnowBooster. I have most of my Steem Power (SP) delegated out in return for Steem and it pays a little bit of daily passive income. All I have to do is come up with the SP to delegate out. You can buy it outright on exchanges (well, buy STEEM and power it up) or you can earn it by writing and networking on Steemit, or through projects like this one. Develcuy, I don't know if you have looked into purchasing delegated SP from MinnowBooster for this project, but it might come in handy at first. A lot of people use the service.
Qtera

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:25:26 PM

A question, Develcuy I have upvoted Papa's article, but I thought the system will make you vote automatically any article you submit by #devcoin, it doesn't work that way? I think I haven't grasp very well the mechanics.  Huh

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
papacrush

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:51:20 PM

A question, Develcuy I have upvoted Papa's article, but I thought the system will make you vote automatically any article you submit by #devcoin, it doesn't work that way? I think I haven't grasp very well the mechanics.  Huh

Thanks for  yhe upvote!  Smiley
Qtera

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:07:54 AM

Thanks for  yhe upvote!  Smiley

You're welcome Papa!  Grin

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
develCuy

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:25:36 AM

Blind automatic upvotes are discouraged in STEEM for a good reason: proof-of-brain. Posts should be curated, it means, a human brain should review such post and upvote only if it worths any value for such brain. Since I'm running @devcoin, I should check posts prior to upvote. Yet, I'm building a "trail", it means that subscribers to @devcoin automatically follow my vote. That is not a blind vote since I'm already reviewing posts tagged with #devcoin. This is similar to a mining pool.

Qtera

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

Blind automatic upvotes are discouraged in STEEM for a good reason: proof-of-brain. Posts should be curated, it means, a human brain should review such post and upvote only if it worths any value for such brain. Since I'm running @devcoin, I should check posts prior to upvote. Yet, I'm building a "trail", it means that subscribers to @devcoin automatically follow my vote. That is not a blind vote since I'm already reviewing posts tagged with #devcoin. This is similar to a mining pool.

Interesting, thank you for the clarification Develcuy. I think I like it even more this way!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

On every posting of the devcoin account would be my suggestion.

Also, you may like a branding idea of mine on steemit. It should work with our DVC Logo(s), as well. Just placing the image link at the bottom of the page with no other images in the post and it will create the thumbnail.

https://steemit.com/@novacadian

Thought the red would burn in pathways. Smiley

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
Qtera

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 08:21:49 PM

Also, you may like a branding idea of mine on steemit. It should work with our DVC Logo(s), as well. Just placing the image link at the bottom of the page with no other images in the post and it will create the thumbnail.

- Nova

Following you Nova!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Great to see you around too!! Grin Grin Grin

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:04:33 PM

- Nova

Following you Nova!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Great to see you around too!! Grin Grin Grin

De vuelta a usted mi amigo! Wink

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
Qtera

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:10:13 PM

De vuelta a usted mi amigo! Wink

- Nova

Yay!!  Grin Grin Grin

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: