Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:27:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71401 times)
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 04:05:49 PM

Hi guys. What coin are you mining now in July 2018 with this USB sticks? Still litecoin? Or others? Have you find any profitable coin or are you holding for long after mining?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redzep

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:51:18 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 07:32:56 PM by redzep

Hi guys. What coin are you mining now in July 2018 with this USB sticks? Still litecoin?

Hi
gave up with Litecoin since diff double and getting fractions of the coin every few weeks, moved onto Gulden (NLG)  got 10 coins in last week, not much in value
but whole coins. you never know may go up...  Grin

then i think "Worldcoin (WDC)", then  "DGB_Scrypt" and  "Einsteinium" may change though
Hoiberg

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:34:48 PM

I also started rotate mining to try and get more than a fraction of a fraction of LTC. At the moment I am trying my luck on GLD.
Signed up on hash-to-coins and used instructions given by kind users here (page 83) to make it work.
It does work, only I notice that the miners HW percentage goes much higher whenever I point the miners to the multipool.
Anyone know why this may be the case?
Weirdo1

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:25:46 AM

@jstefanop- Did you recall what the value of the core voltage pot was? I bought a second hand MLD2 and it looks like someone tried to adjust the voltage with a pickaxe! wrecked the top of the pot. My reading shows 10kohm, Is that correct?
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:43:35 PM

@Weirdo1 this is from the 1st post on page 1:

"The sticks are shipped to you guys with the stock voltage settings of the pots (which is the flat end of the Pot pointing down). The Core voltage is at around .75v"
cosmiconion

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

Thanks for reply.  7 MNL2 now mining away.  I have 6 offsite using VNC to control. 1 at home, but will also transfer to offsite address once my 90degree USD extenders arrive. I have a proper USB hub, so I think good for 10 MNL.  I am running at default clock. Set up is noisy and soon getting into L3+ territory! I find that hanging USB best way to keep noise / vibration down (alas I don't have a safe set up to do this).  

Mining ... 7 MNL getting roughly 24MH on litepool.org , am up to 0.0075 LTC ... this is slow and very unprofitable.

Questions:

1.So using BFGMiner / Linux / Raspberry Pi : how do I point my miners towards other coins ?

2.Can you mine other coin with BFG Miner ?

3.Am I stuck with litecoinpool.org ?

4.Can I mine solo ?

5.I would like to mine NewYorkCoin , Vertcoin , Dogecoin , is this possible ? I have a wallet with Coinomi that seems to support loads of coin (vs coinbase that has my LTC wallet but only supports about 5 coin).

Thanks

I have 7 MNL2  (6 on their way) 1 up and testing : raspberry pi 3 running one MNL on litecoin pool.  I can see clearly now that at 9million difficulty and earning 0.0001724303117568 LTC over 24 hours , that is 1p .  With 7 MNL2 running I will be making 7p every 24hours.  This is seriously loss making.  I would have invested almost £470 invested for 7 miners + 2 USB (one serious USB) I paid roughly £64 each miner ... looks like I will make a serious loss.  Should I have bought a Bitman Antminer L3+ for £250 ?

This is all new to me.  I am pleased that I am finally mining. I also think the raspberry pi is a great tool. Love the fact can control via VNC tool.

The MLN2 has the advantage of being quiet and be mined from home.

Surely we should find new pastures for the MNL2 away from LTC ?  We have the advatange of such low wats to hash ... there must be somewhere we can use this to our advantage ?  LTC must be mined at a loss for everyone if entering market now?  Difficulty jumped so much, which is weird given price has dropped.

Are there any ASIC resistant coin we can mine ?  

How would you set up the Raspberry pi ?  I just managed to set up BFG miner , and that was not easy.  

One note on BFG, we are told to update to new version , however all the instructions / tutorials only explain how to install the 1st version on a raspberry pi.  Could someone tell me how I can check which version of BFG I am running, and step by step how to upgrade ? i.e. sudo gets install method.

I am also thinking, why can't we here set up a coin.  For the Futurebit Moonlander community ?  Optimised for our miners i.e. not pure hash power, however efficiency will play part.  Coin , needs a community, well it starts here : we have the mining tool that is both affordable and cheap to run and not too difficult to set up (this will improve).  

Thanks for any replies

But I want to try and mine another coin/token-maybe Digibyte or another Scrypt one in hash-to-coins.  

Many Antminer L3+ were sold in the last few months, so I saw difficulty almost double. You can try multipool.us if you want to try a multi coin pool that will switch automatically for you. Even if you have 6 MLDs, I don't think you'll recoup your investment ever, especially with cost of electricity. Do it for fun and leave it at that.

Quick couple of points - although it's tempting to work your 'earnings' back into fiat, do bear in mind that LTC is very low at the moment, so that'll make you feel worse. Always best to look at the coin earnings rather than the conversion rates. Secondly, LTC has seen a massive spike in difficulty, as others have noted, so best hunt around for other options - hashfaster has a few, and there are plenty of other scrypt coins out there - solo mining something esoteric might work too.

Weirdo1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:47:06 PM

@fvineyard-The pot does not need adjusting, It needs replacing. I need to know what value in ohms it is to get an equivalent.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:51:23 PM

@fvineyard-The pot does not need adjusting, It needs replacing. I need to know what value in ohms it is to get an equivalent.

Core voltage is a 5k ohm pot.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 04:02:26 PM

Set up is noisy and soon getting into L3+ territory!

I took stock fans off and using external Arctic USB stick fan. Way more quiet. Can run up to 744 no problem. My main issue is finding a USB HUB that can handle watts required. I've come to the conclusion that anything under $75 is not going to cut it if you want to run 10 ML2 above stock.

As to your other questions. You pool or solo mine as long as they are scrypt algorithm based coins.

LOL, I hope you didn't buy these thinking you were going to make a profit. If you do, it'll take a long time. Whatever hardware investments you made with ML2, cooling, hubs, etc. Then if you pay for power instead of stealing it, you have to factor in that cost.

I do it more for fun and learning how to mine than actually thinking this will make me money.

Weirdo1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:14:44 PM

@jstefanop-Thank you, for the info,and for building these-love them!(bullet proof too,you can crank them all over the place!)
 @sunk818- Yep,these things are great fun!
Hoiberg

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:04:43 AM

I will answer some of your questions.

I like LTC but current difficulty is so high, with 6 MLDs I can mine 0,0011 LTC which is, dunno 7-8 cents value.

So to mine other tokens, there are a number of ways. Take a look at p.83 of this thread, one way has been described.

Basically, for example you can sign up on any multi-pool (hash-to-coins is what I am using now) and create a worker. Then follow instructions there,
copy the server address and worker details and replace those in the start file instead of the LTC address/worker ID there.  You can also do it in terminal,
and change mining strategy under settings so that it rotates between different pools. All highly customizable. I will say tho' that these USB miners
can not well handle coins with too high difficulty, so try something 'easy'.

Others may chime in, as I am pretty much a beginner also.

Thanks for reply.  7 MNL2 now mining away.  I have 6 offsite using VNC to control. 1 at home, but will also transfer to offsite address once my 90degree USD extenders arrive. I have a proper USB hub, so I think good for 10 MNL.  I am running at default clock. Set up is noisy and soon getting into L3+ territory! I find that hanging USB best way to keep noise / vibration down (alas I don't have a safe set up to do this).  

Mining ... 7 MNL getting roughly 24MH on litepool.org , am up to 0.0075 LTC ... this is slow and very unprofitable.

Questions:

1.So using BFGMiner / Linux / Raspberry Pi : how do I point my miners towards other coins ?

2.Can you mine other coin with BFG Miner ?

3.Am I stuck with litecoinpool.org ?

4.Can I mine solo ?

5.I would like to mine NewYorkCoin , Vertcoin , Dogecoin , is this possible ? I have a wallet with Coinomi that seems to support loads of coin (vs coinbase that has my LTC wallet but only supports about 5 coin).

Thanks

I have 7 MNL2  (6 on their way) 1 up and testing : raspberry pi 3 running one MNL on litecoin pool.  I can see clearly now that at 9million difficulty and earning 0.0001724303117568 LTC over 24 hours , that is 1p .  With 7 MNL2 running I will be making 7p every 24hours.  This is seriously loss making.  I would have invested almost £470 invested for 7 miners + 2 USB (one serious USB) I paid roughly £64 each miner ... looks like I will make a serious loss.  Should I have bought a Bitman Antminer L3+ for £250 ?

This is all new to me.  I am pleased that I am finally mining. I also think the raspberry pi is a great tool. Love the fact can control via VNC tool.

The MLN2 has the advantage of being quiet and be mined from home.

Surely we should find new pastures for the MNL2 away from LTC ?  We have the advatange of such low wats to hash ... there must be somewhere we can use this to our advantage ?  LTC must be mined at a loss for everyone if entering market now?  Difficulty jumped so much, which is weird given price has dropped.

Are there any ASIC resistant coin we can mine ?  

How would you set up the Raspberry pi ?  I just managed to set up BFG miner , and that was not easy.  

One note on BFG, we are told to update to new version , however all the instructions / tutorials only explain how to install the 1st version on a raspberry pi.  Could someone tell me how I can check which version of BFG I am running, and step by step how to upgrade ? i.e. sudo gets install method.

I am also thinking, why can't we here set up a coin.  For the Futurebit Moonlander community ?  Optimised for our miners i.e. not pure hash power, however efficiency will play part.  Coin , needs a community, well it starts here : we have the mining tool that is both affordable and cheap to run and not too difficult to set up (this will improve).  

Thanks for any replies

But I want to try and mine another coin/token-maybe Digibyte or another Scrypt one in hash-to-coins.  

Many Antminer L3+ were sold in the last few months, so I saw difficulty almost double. You can try multipool.us if you want to try a multi coin pool that will switch automatically for you. Even if you have 6 MLDs, I don't think you'll recoup your investment ever, especially with cost of electricity. Do it for fun and leave it at that.

Quick couple of points - although it's tempting to work your 'earnings' back into fiat, do bear in mind that LTC is very low at the moment, so that'll make you feel worse. Always best to look at the coin earnings rather than the conversion rates. Secondly, LTC has seen a massive spike in difficulty, as others have noted, so best hunt around for other options - hashfaster has a few, and there are plenty of other scrypt coins out there - solo mining something esoteric might work too.

Adriano2010

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 09:58:18 AM

Hi all. I need a little help. If the power drop down and recover after some time, how i can autorestart USB sticks without i be there ? I use laptop not a pc, and after power recover even if i enter remote to that pc and restart bfg miner after some time gives me error and stop mining.

How i can fix it to autorestart?
daspseudonym

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:13:40 PM

Hello everyone

I mine with my raspberry pi 3b + and 2 asic usb gekko 2pac or moonlander 2 powered by a usb hub

The gekko with CGminer and the moonlander with bfg miner.

it works pretty well with 1 key connected, but not when I have 2 on the hub ...

I would like to run the 2 miners at once but this causes:

cg mine mine correctly with the gekko but throws me usb init failed (du moonlander)
bfg miner hasrate hut quickly to get to 0 ...

Is it feasible to throw both minors at once without problems?

My problem is he has to manage who seeks to activate the moonlander? (how to disable the moonlander?) (or mine in dual?)

below my bat:

cd / home / pi / git / vthoang / cgminer
sudo ./cgminer -o stratum + tcp: // pool. -u -gekko-2pac-freq 100

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum + tcp: // pool -u -p 1, d = 128 -S / dev / USB0 --set MLD: clock = 600

Thank you for your answers

I think gekkoscience cgminer does some non-nice things on the uart ports when it’s scanning/setting up the miners, which corrupts the Moonlanders, so they currently don’t play nice together. I’ll see if I can talk with the dev and sort it out.

Anything from the dev?
I'm interested in this matter as well.
Adriano2010

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 12:33:40 PM

I will make a video later about my problem but i think is hard to know if that can be fixed. (After a power failure USB sticks mining again without i have to be there to restart again).
sunk818

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

I will make a video later about my problem but i think is hard to know if that can be fixed. (After a power failure USB sticks mining again without i have to be there to restart again).

If your USB miner is not a separate power from the PC or USB HUB unreliably powers off, then yes, bfgminer will lose sync with the USB device. There will be hundreds of lines about FutureBit write error and messages about FutureBit trying to restart the ASIC. Is this what you're referring to? The quickest way is to quit and restart bfgminer. This would point to hardware issues out of the USB ASIC though. Kind of a rare case, don't you think?

racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:12:16 PM

If you are running a laptop/computer is there a feature in the bios to auto start on power up?
Also you can adjust the windows settings for the miner to auto start on windows power up
or run a .bat file for your command line to start the miner after windows start up.
PsychoShaft

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:14:13 AM

Hey Guys, i have a question!

I have 4 moonlanders on my RPI which seem to crash every few hours.. i am not a linux user and have very little understanding how to write scripts etc.

has anyone managed to get the RPI to restart and run the script file every hour using Grome Schedule or Cron tab? if so could you please provide your command preview. i know a lot of people are having issues getting the start_moonlander2.sh to work.

i have been googling around and found no real support! Sad i know some people in here are scripting masterminds!

any help would be great, i am a complete noob! i have both the softeare installed and know how to open them also i can jiggle the file paths to point towards where things are installed.

Cheesy

Cheers

Paul
Adriano2010

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:46:35 PM

sunk818, racebyu I have a laptop connected and i have two separate hubs for 8 USB sticks MLD2. The problem is that if power failure and after comes back even if i connect remote to laptop and restart bfgminer i still get FutureBit write error after 2-3 minutes. And to get them run again i have to restart hubs and is need to be there.

The laptop still run on battery after power goes down. I don't know if i can find a solution.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:41:44 PM

sunk818, racebyu I have a laptop connected and i have two separate hubs for 8 USB sticks MLD2. The problem is that if power failure and after comes back even if i connect remote to laptop and restart bfgminer i still get FutureBit write error after 2-3 minutes. And to get them run again i have to restart hubs and is need to be there.

The laptop still run on battery after power goes down. I don't know if i can find a solution.

I had same problem before too. There's no solution. Quit bfgminer, turn off hub, turn on hub, start bfgminer.

How often is this happening? The reason it happened to me is that USB HUB could not handle 10 ML2. I have 8 ML2 running at 744. Even though hub says they can support 120W, I think it is a lie and real wattage is closer to 70-80W. So many quality problems from unknown brand China made electronics. (Talking about hub, not ML2. ML2 is solid engineering!)

racebyu

Activity: 346
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:51:53 PM

Hum, that is a interesting one, I have had once before in the past the same issue and needed to unplug and re-power the usb hub for it to clear.

If it does it again try to shut down your laptop completely and restart (not reboot) then run Bfgminer again and see if it works after 2-3 min?
Then you can eliminate the laptop USB as the issue. We it happens next time try to close Bfgminer and make sure its shut down, remove one miner
only (so not powered)   plug back in and start Bfgminer and see if the one unit hashes again or you get a error after 2-3 min. Not sure but maybe
one of the miners is locking up the usb data line?  As stated power can also be a issue, what freq are you running them at? These at higher freq 800+
can take over 10 watts each as the chips power draw increases almost exponentially at higher frequencies and the enough power can be critical.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: