Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880227 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:08:30 AM

Cedivad, you seem to have missed the link below on your list of TOS versions at hashfast.org

Anyways, here is Version 1.C, date 28 August, capped by me on 1 September:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/194609352/Terms-of-Sale-HashFast-Technologies

Also there are a few captures of the ToS from October 29 onwards here
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:28:55 AM

anyone seen this yet

http://www.extremetech.com/uncategorized/173772-bitcoin-asic-manufacturer-hashfast-facing-lawsuits-over-alleged-false-advertising-fluctuating-bitcoin-prices

hope coin desk does one aswell

ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:34:27 AM

Just to check, you guys don't actually have any delusional pipedream about getting your "same number of BTC paid months and months ago" back, do you?

Firstly because they're just going to say that "in bitcoin" means bitcoin as the payment vehicle.  Everything will be valued in USD, which is what they have to pay all 100% of their costs in.

Secondly, because good luck getting bitcoin from them.  Even a child could make it impossible to get and they will be able to recover/launder it back easily.

You should be happy for a USD refund
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:56:35 AM

LOL at using words like bitcoin and zero risk together.

ecliptic

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:02:12 AM

Just to check, you guys don't actually have any delusional pipedream about getting your "same number of BTC paid months and months ago" back, do you?

Firstly because they're just going to say that "in bitcoin" means bitcoin as the payment vehicle.  Everything will be valued in USD, which is what they have to pay all 100% of their costs in.

Secondly, because good luck getting bitcoin from them.  Even a child could make it impossible to get and they will be able to recover/launder it back easily.

How do you explain them saying "if you pay 51 btc then you will receive 51 btc as a refund"? They advertised full bitcoin refunds, that's the only reason I (and many others) ordered, it was zero risk. Until they started lying and changing things they said after the fact.

I seriously hope for your sake you're not quoting some nameless tech support person probably outsourced if not minimum wage employee, because that was the *ONLY* time it was ever mentioned or even implied that it would be in the # of BTC's, and that's pretty much as far from binding as you can get.

the ToS wording is explicitly crafted to avoid this situation.  You're not getting your BTC back.  You'll get your USD back.  They're not going to eat a massive loss, or rather, a massive loss of profits.  
ecliptic

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:12:46 AM

How do you explain them saying "if you pay 51 btc then you will receive 51 btc as a refund"? They advertised full bitcoin refunds, that's the only reason I (and many others) ordered, it was zero risk. Until they started lying and changing things they said after the fact.

I seriously hope for your sake you're not quoting some nameless tech support person probably outsourced if not minimum wage employee, because that was the *ONLY* time it was ever mentioned or even implied that it would be in the # of BTC's, and that's pretty much as far from binding as you can get.

the ToS wording is explicitly crafted to avoid this situation.  You're not getting your BTC back.  You'll get your USD back.  They're not going to eat a massive loss, or rather, a massive loss of profits.  

The ToS wording NOW is explicitly crafted to avoid this situation.

Nameless techs, COO, CEO, of the company, how many people need to say btc refunds to make it true?

The ToS I signed said that refunds would be issued according the exchange rate on the DAY ORDERED.

Please post it, i'd love to see objective, proven evidence of this claim.  I've been passively following this situation and while i feel bad for you, many of you look like you're trying to exploit the situation to get 5-10x gains by getting BTC back.

You'll win me over to your camp i guess if you can post this OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE OF THEIR TOS THAT **** EXPLICITALY STATES *** NUMBER OF BITCOIN

REMEMBER : when it say "paid in bitcoin"

BITCOIN IS THE ******VEHICLE******** FOR PAYMENT

it ** NEVER SAID *** that BTC was the VALUE.  they can PAY IN BITCOIN and USE USD VALUE AS THE QUANTITY

call me a shill or whatever, i never bothered with hashfast shit, i figured them too shady early on, same with BFL, although I admit i was pretty close to ordering with both

you'd do well to remember bitcoin (especially the mining community) is a community of thieves, liars, cheats, disinfo agents, charlatans, scammers, shitbags and generally detestable people.  the fact of the matter is there's only been one single fucking manfuactuer that hasn't broken this trend yet (Avalon, BFL, Hashfast, etc all have proven it true) and that's still with a sample size of n=1
ecliptic

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:15:58 AM

Nameless techs, COO, CEO, of the company, how many people need to say btc refunds to make it true?

The ToS I signed said that refunds would be issued according the exchange rate on the DAY ORDERED.

Please post it, i'd love to see objective, proven evidence of this claim.  I've been passively following this situation and while i feel bad for you, many of you look like you're trying to exploit the situation to get 5-10x gains by getting BTC back.

You'll win me over to your camp i guess if you can post this OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE OF THEIR TOS THAT **** EXPLICITALY STATES *** NUMBER OF BITCOIN

it ** NEVER SAID *** that BTC was the VALUE.  they can PAY IN BITCOIN and USE USD VALUEAS THE QUANTITY

It's all posted already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391251.0

Yeah i saw it

Sorry to break it to you guys but

>In response to an email sent to the support on 08/16/13:

That's not the ToS.  That's not legally binding.  that's literally less than nothing.  If that is all you have to go on, you have zero fucking chance of getting your BTC # back.

Again, i hope for your sake you have something concrete.  Otherwise take your USD and suck it up.  You could have been handed a worse hand, you could have been BFL'd

BTW

"

Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC.
"

That doesn't mean # BTc.  that means you'll get BTC, if it says "full value" that implies USD, what they pay 100% of their costs in, and what you measure profit in.

Actually now i'm wondering if some of you actually tried to use this as a HEDGE, thinking you could cash out BTC back 1:1 in the most volatile exchange market in the history of fucking mankind.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:23:55 AM

it ** NEVER SAID *** that BTC was the VALUE.  they can PAY IN BITCOIN and USE USD VALUEAS THE QUANTITY

It's all posted already:

Yeah i saw it

That's not the ToS.  That's not legally binding.  that's literally less than nothing.  If that is all you have to go on, you have zero fucking chance of getting your BTC # back.

Again, i hope for your sake you have something concrete.  Otherwise take your USD and suck it up.  You could have been handed a worse hand, you could have been BFL'd

BTW

"

Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC.
"

That doesn't mean # BTc.  that means you'll get BTC, if it says "full value" that implies USD, what they pay 100% of their costs in, and what you measure profit in.

Actually now i'm wondering if some of you actually tried to use this as a HEDGE, thinking you could cash out BTC back 1:1 in the most volatile exchange market in the history of fucking mankind.  That would be fucking stupid of you

You're being a serious tool. There have been numerous quotes and examples of communications from the company which will be seen as a valid offer before all these attempts to cover their ass recently. The reason they will have a good chance of getting their original payment back is because they gave up xx bitcoins to make the purchase, and to be made whole, they need to receive xx bitcoins back. It could be a crapshoot either way, but your attitude is totally uncalled for. These people are victims of a scam. When they made the purchase they HAD xx bitcoins. They will not profit by getting them back, they will be getting back what they paid. Accepting usd value of a modified conversion rate now would be a tremendous LOSS for them, not the other way around in your warped mind where they "cash out" "5-10x" gains.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 08:36:04 AM

Thanks ninjarobot for the template Smiley +1

Looks like tomorrow morning I have something to mail.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 08:40:09 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 09:19:42 AM by Gyrsur

looks like they ignore all refund request according their former TOS versions. but this is not important. we agreed to the initial TOS. nothing else. don't hit the trap with the new refund contract!

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:47:15 AM

+1  well done !  Grin
ecliptic

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:55:39 AM

It's all posted already:

Yeah i saw it

Sorry, but I will not accept anything less than a full btc refund. They were asked dozens of times. They had plenty of opportunity to clarify themselves. You can't advertise one thing even if your TOS says another. That's called, false advertising. I can't say, "Buy my product it cures cancer" and then put a TOS saying "This product is not intended to cure cancer". Advertisements are indeed binding terms.

There's also this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2903338#msg2903338

Then, the TOS:

http://pastebin.com/EfS9vmRf

Please show me where in the TOS it says anything about USD equiv refunds.

I guess though according to you we should just allow people to pull Tom / bAsic scams. Tom from basic took around 35,000 coins in orders, he did zero, literally no, work, at all, in the design of an asic, then refunded everyone USD value (10%) of their coins and kept the 90% for himself. The guy is now a multi-millionaire and did nothing. According to you, the best way to make money would be to start an asic company, take usd purchases for machines that will never exist, wait for bitcoin value to go up 10 or 20%, then refund everyone usd value.

Here in the realpolitik world, that's a very true, empirically tested, statement.

Although maybe BFL made more $ with their scam, dunno.  Certainly though scamsters and frauds make bank

KNC probably has made the least money of any of the  big mining companies to date

anyway I wish you luck in getting your money/vegence on them, i just don't think you have good odds.  They've been playing a long con, and they prepared for your manuevers.  Seems to me all the Legal (ToS) is worded explicitly so they profit, no matter if BTC goes up or down.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:57:25 AM

WAWW  Grin great !  i like this one too   :   http://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/scam-starts-at-the-top-with-ceo-of-hashfast/
 Grin
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:13:31 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 10:38:30 AM by PuertoLibre

looks like they ignore all refund request according their former TOS versions. but this is not important. we agreed to the initial TOS. nothing else. don't hit the trap with the new refund contract!
Seconded.

If you have to, type one up. It's better than signing their own Rights-Stripped-and-Bent-Over version.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:43:12 AM

It is important because we all have to get ready to proceed against them legally. As i keep saying from months, a simple treat won't do it. Especially with Eduardo something DeCastro

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:05:32 AM

I have a question for you all? ? ? ? ? ?

How many of you would still be whining and crying asking for BTC refunds and refusing USD refunds if When you paid for your BJ1 orders BTC had a USD value of $10.00 But then 2 weeks later it dropped to $1.00 and has been there ever since, how many of you folks would still be asking for the same BTC refund if you had the chance to get the FULL Original Value of your Order Back in USD ? ? ? ?

I ask this only because it seems like a bunch of you are just trying to use this as a GET RICH QUICK Scheme knowing that if you paid 60 BTC at a USD Value of $10.00 Each Total USD Value Of $6,000.00 and BTC now having a Current Value of $812.11 ( Current at the time of this writing  ) Would Equal $48,726.60 Total USD Value.

I believe that most of you if given this BTC Refund will just Sell the BTC Laughing as you mumble " HAHAHAHA I got 8K% Interest Payment From HashFast" as you count your money

The Best Analogy I can think of here is this.

You buy an Item from a Store For $50.00 ( On Sale Down from $200.00 )

But you find you dont want that item so you return it but you find it is no longer onsale for $50.00 but is now Back at normal Price of $200.00 So you bitch and moan because they hand you back $50.00 and not the $200.00

Grow up people You are Getting FULL VALUE OF WHAT YOU PAID IN BACK SO QUIT COMPLAINING AND STOP TRYING TO GET FREE MONEY FOR NOTHING..

YOU COULD BE IN A MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE SITUATION Look at all the People who LOST all their BTC due to 50btc.com refusing to Pay what they owe to their mininers.

And Yes I am One of those People.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:07:01 AM

did their website just change?

"Sales are suspended temporarily. Please check back soon."

and this:

A full payment must be received to complete and reserve an order. A partial payment does not reserve a place in line. Wire payments can take up to 7 days to confirm.
    Online payment in BTC or via wire transfers (USD).
    Direct BTC Transfers utilize the exchange rate on bitstamp.net.
    To pay in USD via wire, please email us at sales@hashfast.com, or call us at +1 800-609-3445, between 8am – 6pm pacific standard time (GMT-8).
    All Sales Final. No cancellations or returns will be accepted.

3. We’ve Put a Temporary Hold on Sales Due to Demand.
For the immediate future, we will take a pause on accepting new orders.

Our view is that we are still committed to selling the world’s most advanced rigs to individual miners. Diversity and democracy are the key to maintain the integrity of the network, and vibrant individual miner community is the key to maintaining diversity and democracy.
Hurrah, Bitcoin!

We will be back in touch with 4 announcements to start out 2014.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
frank93

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:17:22 AM

But you find you dont want that item so you return it but you find it is no longer onsale for $50.00 but is now Back at normal Price of $200.00 So you bitch and moan because they hand you back $50.00 and not the $200.00
i bought an item from a store for (roughly) 50 BTC. i don't "think" in US-dollars. the price, for me, was 50 BTC. i don't care that the US-dollar's worth has declined since when i paid for my miner, i don't care for any other currency except the one that i had to use for this exact payment.

and, yes, if the "price" (of bitcoins, versus USD) had dropped since then, i still would want my bitcoins back. of course!?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:24:50 AM

i bought an item from a store for (roughly) 50 BTC. i don't "think" in US-dollars. the price, for me, was 50 BTC. i don't care that the US-dollar's worth has declined since when i paid for my miner, i don't care for any other currency except the one that i had to use for this exact payment.

and, yes, if the "price" (of bitcoins, versus USD) had dropped since then, i still would want my bitcoins back. of course!?

that doesn't work since they listed the miner in $$$ not BTC

but they seem to have gone on record a few times assuring that all btc would be refunded....  will those instances hold up in court?
well..  that's what court is for I guess

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
frank93

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:29:17 AM

that doesn't work since they listed the miner in $$$ not BTC
but, once again: the only possible way of paying was bitcoins, at the time of my order.
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: