Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Gandalfs Mentor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:03:56 PM

Despite it being my post deleted, I must respect the Moderators decision... And concur with MM that protection is important.

It is for me or the forum to argue its merits.

Jumping to conclusions and flagging things spam, or post false claims related to PM's that are taken way out of context for drama is a bit small minded...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:12:26 PM

No offense, but I like to see all the facts, trolls or not, and I like to use my own brain to determine what is and what isn't real--so someone deleting and covering up their tracks is certainly misleading and misinforming (even if it was misinformation in the first place). I'll leave you to your own "logic" though.
it is not "someone" deleting.   There are moderators on boards.  Go to Meta and you can read up on it.   Generally, spam and posting of unrelated links is something mods should delete.   Because sometimes those cool links are put up to scam people, or sometimes their lead you to malware.  But, you should take this discussion to Meta.  I posted what I did because I agree with the deletion and the site is an obvious scam.  When the OP gives me the physical address that he is having someone visit, I will post a rebuttal when I visit and if I am proved wrong.

I poked around the site last night and I couldn't navigate to the page the OP posted.  The only way there was through the direct link provided.  Further, half of the widgets on the site are inoperable and/or the sidebar contains the default wordpress configuration directions.

I originally came across the outfit while trolling Friday, immediately called them... They stated 5 units in hand; I called back three times to grill them then began to seek HF's side...  No response ~surprise  As stated attempting to scope this out.

I further addresses a PM query to another forum member...

The link posted came right off my browser... Maybe HF clued in already.

The point of order is products don't seem to exist to ship to customers, yet this outfit has them in stock, for sale with HF's contact data tagged on there site...

Is this outfit in the same town as their Mine??? has anyone checked???
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:14:25 PM

Minor Minor,
Fud is inappropriate;  please reread the thread as this holds relevance.
I am not a reseller; this post was proof of theory detailed previously.
Further I have attempted to follow up on its factuality both with hf and via dispatching an associate there to get one... in process

Post the address and I will get one (or dispel it as a scam today).

1120 Ellwood Road Southwest
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 0N4

Phone: 1-780-404-4013
TF:       1-(888) 808-7696

Are you in/near Edmonton?
Scam.  Postal Code is for area near 124 ST and 116 AVE. 
Ellwood road SW does not have an 1120 address.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:14:37 PM

you have to stop "thinking" in USD. hashfast received BTC and shouldv'e kept those, for refunds. simple as that. they don't care about other currency's value, so we don't as well.

So then, what should HF have done if they kept the customer payments in BTC and then the value plummetted to $25?   How is HF supposed to pay their bills once the hardware materializes and is ready for shipping?  How do you then curb users demanding the equivalent $5,000 in BTC?

The only solution is to stop the pre-order game or don't take BTC unless you can ship the unit, or make it ABUNDENTLY clear what the rules/regulations are and STICK TO THEM.  

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:15:12 PM

Despite it being my post deleted, I must respect the Moderators decision... And concur with MM that protection is important.

Jumping to conclusions and flagging things spam, or post false claims related to PM's that are taken way out of context for drama is a bit small minded...

Offering the cheapest miner available by far when you pay almost $1K for 30GH BFL on eBay.  Plus you're new account along with the dodgy written website are major red flags.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Minor Minor,
Fud is inappropriate;  please reread the thread as this holds relevance.
I am not a reseller; this post was proof of theory detailed previously.
Further I have attempted to follow up on its factuality both with hf and via dispatching an associate there to get one... in process

Post the address and I will get one (or dispel it as a scam today).

1120 Ellwood Road Southwest
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 0N4

Phone: 1-780-404-4013
TF:       1-(888) 808-7696

Are you in/near Edmonton?
Scam.  Postal Code is for area near 124 ST and 116 AVE. 
Ellwood road SW does not have an 1120 address.

780-404-4013 is registered a Telus landline in Lac La Biche too.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:15:58 PM

Ok, we are back to the icebreaker levels. It means that news are incoming!  Kiss

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

No offense, but I like to see all the facts, trolls or not, and I like to use my own brain to determine what is and what isn't real--so someone deleting and covering up their tracks is certainly misleading and misinforming (even if it was misinformation in the first place). I'll leave you to your own "logic" though.
it is not "someone" deleting.   There are moderators on boards.  Go to Meta and you can read up on it.   Generally, spam and posting of unrelated links is something mods should delete.   Because sometimes those cool links are put up to scam people, or sometimes their lead you to malware.  But, you should take this discussion to Meta.  I posted what I did because I agree with the deletion and the site is an obvious scam.  When the OP gives me the physical address that he is having someone visit, I will post a rebuttal when I visit and if I am proved wrong.
I poked around the site last night and I couldn't navigate to the page the OP posted.  The only way there was through the direct link provided.  Further, half of the widgets on the site are inoperable and/or the sidebar contains the default wordpress configuration directions.
I originally came across the outfit while trolling Friday, immediately called them... They stated 5 units in hand; I called back three times to grill them then began to seek HF's side...  No response ~surprise  As stated attempting to scope this out.
I further addresses a PM query to another forum member...
The link posted came right off my browser... Maybe HF clued in already.
The point of order is products don't seem to exist to ship to customers, yet this outfit has them in stock, for sale with HF's contact data tagged on there site...
Is this outfit in the same town as their Mine??? has anyone checked???
Edmonton and Montreal are as close to one another as trollville and FudVille.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:17:23 PM

Ok, we are back to the icebreaker levels. It means that news are incoming!  Kiss

Sorry guys, we can't ship batch 2 as well. Here is your USD refund. Enjoy.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

Offering the cheapest miner available by far when you pay almost $1K for 30GH BFL on eBay.  Plus you're new account along with the dodgy written website are major red flags.
I fully understand and appreciate your comment;

Once again for clarity I am not involved in the "Offering the cheapest..."

Reflecting on your price point issue... how far do you think it is from the bulk order point for boards direct from HF?  It's not that far. 
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:31:11 PM

how far do you think it is from the bulk order point for boards direct from HF?  It's not that far.

So you are claiming that HF is selling in hand hardware, 550 GH of it (that should be the final figure per board, to anyone interested), at 900$.

Protip: next time that you do a scam, make the pricetag realistic.

g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

Hf is just taking cheap btc for preorders and later refunding dollars to gain profit from the immediate price developement. Noone has seen a working unit yet and nothing but empty promises is coming from hf.
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:40:34 PM

how far do you think it is from the bulk order point for boards direct from HF?  It's not that far.

So you are claiming that HF is selling in hand hardware, 550 GH of it (that should be the final figure per board, to anyone interested), at 900$.

Prototip: next time that you do a scam, make the pricetag realistic.
Ok Mate,

Just because your pissed that you got burned and are so blind with rage that you can't even figure out how long you have to cash a check and have to PM me to ask how long a HF check is good for, before you start claiming I'm a scammer, try check yourself.

For the record, I don't have a dog in this race  I have a whole frickin pack of preorders and I'm not happy either!

I am chasing this down because if they are factually selling products for a considerable lower price per unit, well...

Think about it when your hangover goes away.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:41:02 PM

Check or product???  Sleep Well Huh

I used the door tag to track the package and just like I thought, it originated in San Francisco.

It's a FedEx Envelope...

I'm beginning to wonder if they are shipping to those customers that paid direct BTC payments without going through Bitpay.  It would make sense for them to try to payoff those that had the best chance of winning arbitration.

That would be a good working theory... I only got a forced refund on my later direct btc order rather than my very early bitpay order (so far).  

Did you ask for a refund (in any form)?

I was frankly excited at first thinking it was the miner since I hadn't any contact with the company.  When the FedEx guy came back with an envelope, I knew it was not going to be good.  Then I felt like an idiot for rushing to the FedEx office thinking I was going to be mining tonight to start digging out from the hole.
Can someone draw up a basic letter for folks to use if they are receiving unsolicited USD refunds/or a settlement offer that refutes the return of BTC property?

It's probably time to send them notice that their settlement offer is "refused".

Just a quick question. If hashfast converted the btc he received for payment into USD then how is he supposed to pay back the same btc at todays rates. For example, lets say he received 8 million in payments and half of that was Btc, to pay back half of that at todays rates would mean he now owes everyone 40 million in btc.
HashFast would have to prove that they didn't store the BTC somewhere. They would have to prove that they converted it at an exchange. In very early transactions, they had BTC addresses for recieving BTC. With no exchange in between. Only later did they establish an intermediary to convert it for them automatically.

What HashFast does with it's BTC is it's business. They may elect to send it to an exchange to convert it for them. But when a BTC paying customer pays with BTC to a BTC wallet, it's their (the customers) property until they recieve the delivery. If they request a refund before delivery then, HashFast has to turn over that BTC property sans any decisions they might have dabbled in with customer property.

What Hashfast appears to have done is elected to convert BTC to USD at an unknown date and time. Apparently [I speculate] using customer property to dabble at exchanges. This is a big no-no as they can't touch funds with a pre-order until they are delivered.

They never delivered, for some early customers there was no automatic exchange to USD via a payment processor and they have received notice that the customer intends to have their property returned to them. So the customer shouldn't care what HashFast decided to do internally with their property as long as the property is returned to them in the same quantity and likeness.

All this is HashFasts problem. The customer(s) who fit a specific scenario had plenty of [public and private] assurances that their property would be returned to them if they received no delivery.

Now HashFast is claiming (by actions) that they apparently took it upon themselves to convert customer property to a cash form and are offering an insignificant fraction of the properties worth in USD.

========================

In my opinion, HashFast has to prove and show records that they conducted a transaction with a third party and converted those funds (at their own election) to USD.

Then once proven, they (the customer) should tell them tough luck on what they speculated with that property. This is the property I have given you, what you did with it is none of my buisiness. Return what I gave you after you have defaulted on your delivery.

End of story.

Others who used a payment processor are probably out of luck. (Assuming HashFast did prove they converted it through the payment processor into USD and the customer has receipts from the payment processor of the transaction being conducted and converted.)
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 10:16:49 PM by Gandalfs Mentor

how far do you think it is from the bulk order point for boards direct from HF?  It's not that far.

Protip: next time that you do a scam, make the pricetag realistic.
If I'm being dense, please PM me so we can reach a point of clarity without disrupting the forum further.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:49:20 PM

Just a quick question. If hashfast converted the btc he received for payment into USD then how is he supposed to pay back the same btc at todays rates. For example, lets say he received 8 million in payments and half of that was Btc, to pay back half of that at todays rates would mean he now owes everyone 40 million in btc.
you have to stop "thinking" in USD. hashfast received BTC and shouldv'e kept those, for refunds. simple as that. they don't care about other currency's value, so we don't as well.
You could also subpoena Hashfast records and hire an investigator to comb through HashFasts BTC transactions log to figure out what happened to the BTC.

If any of it was left in storage in some wallet then that means HashFast is able to issue (you) a refund. It also means that if they elect to change the remaining (assumed property) to cash they would be seriously enriching themselves.

If you got a crafty lawyer who'd bleed your pockets dry by hiring all the right people, you could certainly point to a HashFast owned BTC wallet and state they have the property in their possession to return it. Making the USD refund a moot point.

I recall vaguely someone pointed out a BTC address had 2 or 3 thousand BTC in it. Someone else commented that was probably enough to refund just their order. (Somewhere earlier in this thread)

So if there is that kind of evidence laying around, it would mean HashFast has not converted the entirety of it's customers property to USD.

=====================

I recall the earlier conversation was somewhere around the spat that a rep had alleged something about black mailing. (I don't recall)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:54:57 PM

The point is much easier. They promised, via their tos and their words, to give BTC refunds. Now they are trying to issue USD ones. As they know, they can only win it if their customers are fool enough to accept it.

Once that their customers will force them to issue what they promised, they will either pay, find an agreement (like hardware), or close business.

And i think that many anticipates to start penal procedures if everything else fails. Just because it would be fair and again, we have enough data to support it.

Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

**See Post #7047

What price would you dump inferior products for?  (their only specked to 400GH/s remember)

What price per board did you pay on your bulk order??  You have been refunded already, correct?  Thus no more NDA, so please share...
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

I don't think i should add useless content to the thread, but yet... Boring.
I don't have signed any NDA, i don't have received a refund, and i paid the full price, mine wasn't a bulk order. Oh, yes, and you are selling an in hand product for 900$. Maybe you are this new to this community not to know the difference?

Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:31:52 PM

Oh, yes, and you are selling an in hand product for 900$.
Qualify your false statement;
My being new to the forum is one thing (New doesn't mean I have not read all posts)
My posting a link addressing a topic pertaining to a point of order that you find distasteful is another

As are your false claims that I am selling something which I am not.

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: