Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:04:10 PM

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twisted

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:28:01 PM

ROTFMAO ... man I can't even write this msg...
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:30:07 PM

What I find puzzling is how Yifu delays chips for 6 weeks, and gets shit all over, but people are STILL buying from BFL who's shipping YEARS late.  Baffles me.

Both situations suck, but you'd think BFL taught people a little patience.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

What I find puzzling is how Yifu delays chips for 6 weeks, and gets shit all over, but people are STILL buying from BFL who's shipping YEARS late.  Baffles me.

BFL have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be resolved by end of September. We have no reason to distrust them.

A little bit more patience is all that is asked. Lets be reasonable.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:39:59 PM

BFL have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be resolved by end of September. We have no reason to distrust them.

No reason to distrust them?  How many times were BFL customers told "Two More Weeks"TM?  Are you fucking serious?

Edit: Just saw your signature; maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:42:58 PM

A new theory emerges.

I try to be respectful and informed.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:44:36 PM

No reason to distrust them?  How many times were BFL customers told "Two More Weeks"TM?  Are you fucking serious?

LOL!

Guys... we may have to add terrhash to this list of likely failures

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:12:23 PM

He could've gone with chips are lost at sea  Sad

Others on Why-I-Eff-You's list:
[ ] Two more weeks
[ ] Please read carefully, it's not "NO" Bullshit, it's "MO" Bullshit
[ ] Chips are "stuck in customs"
[ ] It's sabotage, I tell you!  
[ ] Our funds are stuck at Mt. Gox too, we've been waiting for xfers since June
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:24:32 PM

arrrrrr...its not your property! lol

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:34:29 PM

I guess you two ordered like 2 chips together? 1 x K1 for each of you?
I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:59:13 PM

They also have publicly stated their entire order backlog would be cleared by the end of august, as already pointed out.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:09:30 PM

I can not believe that someone with larger ammount of chips stolen would make such comments.
Nah we split 1, times are hard ya know....

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:10:39 PM

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

I have a few questions for pajak666.
1.  How much do you have at risk?
2.  How much did you project that you would make in the next year from item #1?
3.  What action, that is possible today, will satisfy you?

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

If his words are true and you spread FUD, you, and not he, are the bad actor.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

I try to be respectful and informed.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:15:48 PM

I have thought about the boycott and i've come to the conclusion that it's either useless or it can make things worse than they are.

We really don't matter anymore. From a business point of view BitSyncom did a very good job. Used forum's money to start up his business and to become an important voice in bitcoin mining. I think the chips sales say it all: ~200k chips from the forum and ~600k or ~800k outside of the forum. Now he has the money to do whatever he want without our help since he attracted so much attention. Also the only people BitSyncom was grateful were the Avalon Batch 1 people; even to the FPGA people he was partially grateful to be their clients. From Avalon Batch 2 people ever since BitSyncom treated his customers like shit even if he pretends to be "the good guy". Thankfully new ASIC companies are entering the market while BitSyncom boycotts himself. Kudos!

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:36:34 PM

pajak666 has been sending me PMs.  He seems very unhappy with my posting content.  This post may not make him happier.

I won't reveal a PM; however I point out that my avatar is my real image, and my nick is clearly related to my real life identity.  I stand behind what I post.

I also spent about 10-15 years being very angry, and the justification for that anger was strong.  But anger only eats up the angry person from the inside.  I have been cheated, I have been slandered, I have been shot; anger kept me tied in the past, to events that were a permanent part of my history and which I could not change.  I have chosen that I will go forward in a productive way.  I will make my decisions on what is, and not what I believe should have been.

I have made a real life decision that no amount of angst about bitcoins will match:  I had the death penalty decision in a Texas court about the man who shot us in my lap.  From that perspective, many postings here are temper tantrums from whiny children who need to grow up.

I originally thought I could make perhaps $16,000 / month with each Batch #2 Avalon delivered in March.  That money would have been very helpful in my life.  I am personally in touch with the reality and the implications of shipping delays.

If you cannot be satisfied, then you are the troll.  If you can be satisfied, then articulate what you want.  Keep in mind that it will not seem feasible to receive chips tomorrow, nor to receive a refund yesterday. 

Also, with no regard whatsoever as to whether you believe Yufi, it will work best for you to read his words exactly and to construct your responses as if they are literally true.  If they are true, then you are ahead of the game.  If they are not true, you will maneuver him into a corner.  In time, more facts will emerge;  I plan not to look the fool when they do.

As someone who has been shot and watched a daughter die, I have a very hard line on postings that advocate violence.  They are across the line.  No amount of hand waving that they are a joke or you were angry, or thoughtless, or drunk, or that you apologize will repair their cumulative damage.  They are simply wrong.

With no regard whatsoever to the idea that I have been harmed to the level of $16,000 or $30,000 by shipping delays, it harms the future value of my bitcoins for the community to act like jerks.  If bitcoins are a niche thing that only angry anarchist use, they are wortheless, and if our community postings make us seem that way, we jeopardize the adoption in real commerce and it would not matter whether you can mine today or not. 

Quit peeing in the pool.

Hey I'm with ya brother, Like you, I have been around the block many times many ways..one thing I have learned is: there is always one in every crowd, I think we have identified that one.
Yes I also have money on the line here with the avalons..no chips no earnings yet Sad

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:37:39 PM

My coffee was just ejected out of my nose after I read this. I am going to sue you for flying ejecta and burnt nasal cavities!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:46:13 PM

I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences. No one should have to live such an event.

Quit peeing in the pool.

Thats a good point.
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:07:23 PM

This NPR piece seems applicable to our situation:

When Power Goes To Your Head, It May Shut Out Your Heart

As competition in this market is about to surge, it would be wise for the dominant player to begin practicing some amount of conscious empathy.  It is a skill they'll need very soon.

Until then, we must provide them with motivation, by any legal means necessary.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:10:30 PM

Quit peeing in the pool.

Well said Prof, btw the most intelligent post i read in this thread till now.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:12:15 PM

LOL!

Guys... we may have to add terrhash to this list of likely failures

Can't blame them... they are just waiting for the chips.   Everything built around avalon chips are in the shitter right now.  all the group buys..  god, the list is so big.  Those chips only have about 1 more month before they will never break even...  I'm sure they will still be run to recover whatever they can but by december I think all avalon chips will be powered down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: